[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)

Search This thread
D

dani_mola

what are the "sleep of death" symptoms? phone goes in a very deep deep sleep and don't want to resume ,and need a force reset? i have this problem since 18th july nigthly and persist on 22th july build.

Yeah. Thats the one

I have two of this since 07/17 build... Do you remember if this happened to you when the device has something connected to the USB, like moto-turbo-charger? These are my cases, two "sleep of death" in the morning: my device is connected to the turbo charger overnight, the wake-up morning alarm sounds, I turn off the alarm normally, the screen go off due to inactivity and when I disconnect the device from the charger then the device doesn't wake-up.

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
I have two of this since 07/17 build... Do you remember if this happened to you when the device has something connected to the USB, like moto-turbo-charger? These are my cases, two "sleep of death" in the morning: my device is connected to the turbo charger overnight, the wake-up morning alarm sounds, I turn off the alarm normally, the screen go off due to inactivity and when I disconnect the device from the charger then the device doesn't wake-up.
Both mine happened while connected to my MacBook via USB.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA

Yes, i can confirm this too. Happened once when I connected to my car charger, and another time when connected to the moto turbo charger. Sleep of death followed by a reboot.

djsynth

Dec 27, 2010
Newcastle
Updated to the 22/07/2016 nightly and had the same issue where when plugging in to turbo charger at night when the screen went off and phone entered power saving/sleep mode after about 15minutes I couldn't get the phone screen to turn on. Notification light was still flashing but that was it so had to do a hard reboot by holding volume up or down and power at the same time. Also happened this morning when listening to music and unplugging headphones out of the headphone jack while music was still playing. Put the phone in my pocket 10minutes later took it out of my pocket and same thing happened. Just updated to todays nightly, hopefully this fixes this sleep to death issue. At first I thought it could be kernel auditor and my kernel settings not working properly or causing it with the update so I uninstalled kernel auditor and rebooted but it didn't make any difference at all.

D

dani_mola

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yes, i can confirm this too. Happened once when I connected to my car charger, and another time when connected to the moto turbo charger. Sleep of death followed by a reboot.

Updated to the 22/07/2016 nightly and had the same issue where when plugging in to turbo charger at night when the screen went off and phone entered power saving/sleep mode after about 15minutes I couldn't get the phone screen to turn on. Notification light was still flashing but that was it so had to do a hard reboot by holding volume up or down and power at the same time. Also happened this morning when listening to music and unplugging headphones out of the headphone jack while music was still playing. Put the phone in my pocket 10minutes later took it out of my pocket and same thing happened. Just updated to todays nightly, hopefully this fixes this sleep to death issue. At first I thought it could be kernel auditor and my kernel settings not working properly or causing it with the update so I uninstalled kernel auditor and rebooted but it didn't make any difference at all.

So we're fine-tuning that the "sleep of death" is mostly being caused by usb-powered connections (data disregarded due to charger-only cases).
1.- Do you suffered the "death" when connected and still connected, or when just unplugged?
2.- If when just unplugged: do you guys have the "awake screen when connect charger" option enabled? (I really don't know the exact name, my phone is in Spanish language, is an option under display&lights settings). Also, do you have the "sound when connecting-disconnecting the charger" option enabled? (sound settings>other sounds). These are to know if "maybe" could be the root (awake display when unplug+usb, or unplug sound+usb, or even the three at the same time...)

Last edited:

LBSpeller

Dec 2, 2015
So we're fine-tuning that the "sleep of death" is mostly being caused by usb-powered connections (data disregarded due to charger-only cases).
1.- Do you suffered the "death" when connected and still connected, or when just unplugged?

I get it when pugged in as well as when unplugged... But more often when disconnecting from the charger. Have had a few occurrences on wifi, as well as on mobile data, really doesn't seem to be a pattern as far as I can tell. So far, however, since flashing the 22nd I have not had it happen again yet

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
Quick question, does cyandelta do all the changes between nightlys including the hardware specific ones? When I look at the changes in cyandelta it doesn't seem to include the ones hilighted in red in the changelog Web page?

Edit: I flashed the full zip from the changelog just incase. All seems OK so far on 7/23.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

boldfilter

Feb 26, 2009
Can't get past the setup wizard, seems like the lock screen is over the next buttons transparently, the status bar is manipulated as well. Clean flash, latest build. Any workarounds?

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
Today I got my 1st SOD. It happened while the phone was on the charger and I tried to wake the device. Iirc there's a last_kmsg or Ramoops file under /proc. But I couldn't find it. Perhaps it helps us to debug and fix the SODs.

Gesendet von meinem XT1572 mit Tapatalk

urimevs509

Jul 27, 2014
same here
I had the same issue after a clean flash. I remember it's related to the setup wizard App. I deleted a file via TWRP file manager, and it fixed it. Google will be your best friend since I don't remember what exactly I did...

well, a quick Google and voilà...
"follow the advice of others, flashing both CM and opengapps in the same pass in TWRP
mount System partition
delete /system/priv-app/SetupWizard
Reboot System"

Last edited:

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
2.- If when just unplugged: do you guys have the "awake screen when connect charger" option enabled? (I really don't know the exact name, my phone is in Spanish language, is an option under display&lights settings). Also, do you have the "sound when connecting-disconnecting the charger" option enabled? (sound settings>other sounds). These are to know if "maybe" could be the root (awake display when unplug+usb, or unplug sound+usb, or even the three at the same time...)

Thanks for this. I turned off those two options ( Wake on plug and charging sounds) and haven't had any SODs lately after that. What's the third one?

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Just trying to figure out this...
How many of the persons with SOD are making use of CyanDelta?
Nope.i don't use cyandelta

Awesomeslayerg

Jul 5, 2014
Los Angeles
I had the same issue after a clean flash. I remember it's related to the setup wizard App. I deleted a file via TWRP file manager, and it fixed it. Google will be your best friend since I don't remember what exactly I did...

well, a quick Google and voilà...
"follow the advice of others, flashing both CM and opengapps in the same pass in TWRP
mount System partition
delete /system/priv-app/SetupWizard
Reboot System"
I did that still same problem can't get to the apps bar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=clark&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM64 platform, Android version 6.0)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Misc Links

Unoffical changelog:
    Link: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/clark/

Learn to build yourself:
    Link: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_clark

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    invisiblek, Hashbang173, gmillz, neph81
    Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-06-03
    Last Updated 2016-06-03
    Here's a build that I'd like tested. Mainly looking for reports on stability (reboots/lockups) and battery life.

Since cm-13.0 is now down to weekly builds (builds come out on Sundays), and we haven't green-lighted clark for cm-14.1 nightlies yet, I'd like to take this time to see if we can get a good, final, stable build for cm-13.0 before we move on to N.

This should flash just fine over the top of your current cm-13.0 nightly.

http://download.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-13.0/clark/cm-13.0-20161109-UNOFFICIAL-clark.zip

Please, please, PLEASE report your findings with this in the next few days. I'd like to ship these goodies before Sunday!

Enjoy!
    Rebased the kernel, now has EAS back. Also picked quite a few things from Bliss kernel including bricked hotplug, messing around with that might save a lot of battery.

It's working fine for me so far.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905720508

source: https://github.com/HashBang173/kern...mits/4f4a051ecbbf2fcc2fd9b89c127b3a5df585398f
    Can anyone post screenshots or comment on battery life and SOT for this rom?and how is the performance as well .. Just for comparison with other roms presently

Everything is pretty good, nothing to be disappointed about, that's for sure! But, IMO, TruPure is THE rom for this phone. But I'll continue to use this as I prefer CM themes as opposed to Layers and update as needed to see how much better things get.

I have no complaints about it other than the trouble I had with data upon first flashing (now solved). I'm seeing some guys post about problems they're having and I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I guess your mileage may vary.

This is definitely my second pick over all other ROMs (Mokee Open Source is close). I'm getting about 4 1/2 hours SOT while getting almost 6 on TruPure. Not to big of a deal for me as I won't use my phone much while working.

All in all, it's worth your time and deserves a fair shake. Ambient display is working for me, gestures are working, twist for camera while locked, unlocks and launches camera, chop chop for torch works. YouTube runs smooth, music plays fine (Viper works as well), and Xposed is running perfectly (for me).

I hope this "Mini Review" helps you out.
    Good to see dev invisiblek has created a cm14 branch for Clark on CM GitHub. Though presently it only contains cm13 he has made his intent clear to continue as soon as cm and Moto make their blobs available.
    Say thank you to a dev who works, well, invisibly behind the scenes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone