[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)

Search This thread

nh5

Apr 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Can anyone who's using this talk about their experience with an external SD card?

I've read in the unofficial CM13 that the sdcard storage doesn't really work that well.

I'm having issues with apps that were automoved there, the partition doesn't seem to unmount properly on reboots and my cache always gets wiped. I also have an issue occasionally that when I reboot the phone it takes several hard resets to get it past the CM13 bootscreen. Also seeing the speakerphone echo. Currently haven't moved past 7/10 because of the SOD issues

xlayn

Nov 3, 2010
I'm having issues with apps that were automoved there, the partition doesn't seem to unmount properly on reboots and my cache always gets wiped. I also have an issue occasionally that when I reboot the phone it takes several hard resets to get it past the CM13 bootscreen. Also seeing the speakerphone echo. Currently haven't moved past 7/10 because of the SOD issues

Do you have apps installed on the SD? if so shortcuts will be lost uppon reboot, check an entry about it some pages behind.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

@invisiblek @Hashbang173 @gmillz @neph81
Hey what are the odds of going back to the kernel as we had it prior to the changes taken from the Bliss kernel?
I understand the battery issues and that trying to get the most of the cellphone it's paramount but I do think that the cpu architecture it's just going to get hot and drain battery if you use it.
If that's not possible the Bliss kernel had the option to disable the hotplug via the Kernel Auditor, can we add it to CM?

Last edited:

Mejilan

• Oct 16, 2010
    Hiya. Can anyone think of a reason why CM Theme Engine would arbitrarily stop theming certain elements of the UI, seemingly regardless of theme selected?
    I've come to like Flux (dark variant), and tend to only allow "Style" changes to be applied. For Flux, and a few other themes that I've tested today, Style changes re-theme the Settings app just fine, but have no effect on the notification drawer. I had no issues before today. I tried updating from the 7/12 build I was running to the 7/31 nightly. I have wiped cache and dalvik and recovery numerous times. I tried deleting the themes and reinstalling. I tried wiping the data of both my launcher and the built-in Theme app. Nothing I do seems to correct the issue. I'm kind of out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    Ugh. Turns out you need to apply the "Status Bar" changes to theme the notification drawer. Not sure if this is a new change/requirement or if I just totally brain-farted after the recent Flux update from the Google Play Store. Sorry for the wasted posts.

Last edited:

xlayn

Nov 3, 2010
    Hiya. Can anyone think of a reason why CM Theme Engine would arbitrarily stop theming certain elements of the UI, seemingly regardless of theme selected?
    I've come to like Flux (dark variant), and tend to only allow "Style" changes to be applied. For Flux, and a few other themes that I've tested today, Style changes re-theme the Settings app just fine, but have no effect on the notification drawer. I had no issues before today. I tried updating from the 7/12 build I was running to the 7/31 nightly. I have wiped cache and dalvik and recovery numerous times. I tried deleting the themes and reinstalling. I tried wiping the data of both my launcher and the built-in Theme app. Nothing I do seems to correct the issue. I'm kind of out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

There has been a lot of changes to the theme engine after 7/12, if you check the current log it mentions at least 3.

https://www.cmxlog.com/13/clark/

I remember to have seen more but the history just go back to the 27.

Mejilan

• Oct 16, 2010
    Ugh. Turns out you need to apply the "Status Bar" changes to theme the notification drawer. Not sure if this is a new change/requirement or if I just totally brain-farted after the recent Flux update from the Google Play Store. Sorry for the wasted posts. (I use a Minima Pro to handle my wallpaper needs, Unicon and Lumos for my icons, stick to default fonts, and use flat/material design Xposed plugins to auto-color the status bar and nav bar according to the current app's primary colors. That's why use CMTE pretty much only for the basic Style UI elements.) /shakes head

Thank you for that change log link, though.

Last edited:

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
    Bocholt(NRW)
    Do you have apps installed on the SD? if so shortcuts will be lost uppon reboot, check an entry about it some pages behind.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

@invisiblek @[email protected]@neph81
    Hey what are the odds of going back to the kernel as we had it prior to the changes taken from the Bliss kernel?
    I understand the battery issues and that trying to get the most of the cellphone it's paramount but I do think that the cpu architecture it's just going to get hot and drain battery if you use it.
    If that's not possible the Bliss kernel had the option to disable the hotplug via the Kernel Auditor, can we add it to CM?

After all these issues I went back to stock and had absolutely no issues with battery life or CPU hotplugging. So it's not a problem with the architecture at all, but maybe with the implementation of hotplugging in CM. In my opinion Hotplugging should be implemented in CM for our device, but these changes could be reverted until these SODs are resolved. I had only 2 of them in over two weeks with different nightlies after 07-13, but for me it's a Dealbreaker and it makes me sad, that I couldn't help at all

krohme

Jan 22, 2010
    After all these issues I went back to stock and had absolutely no issues with battery life or CPU hotplugging. So it's not a problem with the architecture at all, but maybe with the implementation of hotplugging in CM. In my opinion Hotplugging should be implemented in CM for our device, but these changes could be reverted until these SODs are resolved. I had only 2 of them in over two weeks with different nightlies after 07-13, but for me it's a Dealbreaker and it makes me sad, that I couldn't help at all

Yeah I can't understand how these bloody sods have made there way into cm13 recently. Tried everything, nothing works. Only stock rom solved the issue for me lol :D

TASL

Nov 26, 2011
    Los Angeles USA
    I gave up on it. The echo was a deal breaker for me.

I found this JIRA ticket which says resolved, but couldn't find what was changed.

I also found these build.prop edits:

--ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence
    --persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false

The first one was already set to 'fluence', and the second was set to 'true'. After changing the second to 'false' I had success with one caller but echo with another. Anyone have any further tips for adjusting which mics are on during speakerphone or ensuring noise cancellation is engaged?

*running Aug 1 nightly now.
    **AOSP 6.0.1 builds do not have this problem. Is there a way to compare the builds to find out how AOSP handles speakerphone mics?
    ***I also tried using Google's dialer app, same problem with echo (with and without build.prop changes).

Last edited:

LBSpeller

Dec 2, 2015
    I found this JIRA ticket which says resolved, but couldn't find what was changed.

I also found these build.prop edits:

--ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence
    --persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false

The first one was already set to 'fluence', and the second was set to 'true'. After changing the second to 'false' I had success with one caller but echo with another. Anyone have any further tips for adjusting which mics are on during speakerphone or ensuring noise cancellation is engaged?

*running Aug 1 nightly now.
    **AOSP 6.0.1 builds do not have this problem. Is there a way to compare the builds to find out how AOSP handles speakerphone mics?
    ***I also tried using Google's dialer app, same problem with echo (with and without build.prop changes).

It says resolved/closed only because it was an invalid report.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
    I still see the big cores being turned on and off on kernel Auditor...

and it leads to IRQs being moved from CPU to CPU and leading to flooding of messages into the kernel logs. This quick loop of IRQ migration and resulting thousands of messages (which get rate limited) in in-memory buffer, will spin some CPU in itself, leading to battery life losses. This happens every 5 seconds...not very good!
    [ 486.332629,5] IRQ32 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332641,5] IRQ33 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332652,5] IRQ34 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332662,5] IRQ36 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332673,5] IRQ37 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332683,5] IRQ38 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332694,5] IRQ39 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332704,5] IRQ41 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332714,5] IRQ42 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 486.332724,5] IRQ43 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029823,5] migrate_irqs: 4872 callbacks suppressed
    [ 492.029841,5] IRQ32 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029855,5] IRQ33 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029866,5] IRQ34 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029877,5] IRQ36 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029887,5] IRQ37 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029897,5] IRQ38 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029907,5] IRQ39 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029918,5] IRQ41 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029928,5] IRQ42 no longer affine to CPU5
    [ 492.029938,5] IRQ43 no longer affine to CPU5
    Is there a sysfs access to disable this hotplug at runtime?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Its actually worse than I thought. Its a constant CPU spin with those IRQ moves. The suppressed messages are just rate limited on the circular dmesg buffer. The code is actually spinning inside kernel.
    Code:
    stop perfd
    stop perfprofd
    stops the madness with IRQ moves. It looks like this was making my phone extremely hot with light usage and resulting in auto-shutoff/resets using kexec.

Who created this beast called perfd? These folks need to understand the consequences of offlining CPUs and account for those.

Last edited:

pearsone

May 7, 2016
    I've been trying to boot 07/31 but for some reason it's stuck in the boot animation going on 20 minutes now. Only trupure will boot now. tried AICP and DU too with no luck. Anyone know how I could fix this? Flashed CM 13 + mini gapps. Did a clean wipe previous to flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
       */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
      Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=clark&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
      OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM64 platform, Android version 6.0)
      HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Misc Links

Unoffical changelog:
      Link: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/clark/

Learn to build yourself:
      Link: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_clark

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
      invisiblek, Hashbang173, gmillz, neph81
      Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-06-03
      Last Updated 2016-06-03
      Here's a build that I'd like tested. Mainly looking for reports on stability (reboots/lockups) and battery life.

Since cm-13.0 is now down to weekly builds (builds come out on Sundays), and we haven't green-lighted clark for cm-14.1 nightlies yet, I'd like to take this time to see if we can get a good, final, stable build for cm-13.0 before we move on to N.

This should flash just fine over the top of your current cm-13.0 nightly.

http://download.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-13.0/clark/cm-13.0-20161109-UNOFFICIAL-clark.zip

Please, please, PLEASE report your findings with this in the next few days. I'd like to ship these goodies before Sunday!

Enjoy!
      Rebased the kernel, now has EAS back. Also picked quite a few things from Bliss kernel including bricked hotplug, messing around with that might save a lot of battery.

It's working fine for me so far.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905720508

source: https://github.com/HashBang173/kern...mits/4f4a051ecbbf2fcc2fd9b89c127b3a5df585398f
      Can anyone post screenshots or comment on battery life and SOT for this rom?and how is the performance as well .. Just for comparison with other roms presently

Everything is pretty good, nothing to be disappointed about, that's for sure! But, IMO, TruPure is THE rom for this phone. But I'll continue to use this as I prefer CM themes as opposed to Layers and update as needed to see how much better things get.

I have no complaints about it other than the trouble I had with data upon first flashing (now solved). I'm seeing some guys post about problems they're having and I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I guess your mileage may vary.

This is definitely my second pick over all other ROMs (Mokee Open Source is close). I'm getting about 4 1/2 hours SOT while getting almost 6 on TruPure. Not to big of a deal for me as I won't use my phone much while working.

All in all, it's worth your time and deserves a fair shake. Ambient display is working for me, gestures are working, twist for camera while locked, unlocks and launches camera, chop chop for torch works. YouTube runs smooth, music plays fine (Viper works as well), and Xposed is running perfectly (for me).

I hope this "Mini Review" helps you out.
      Good to see dev invisiblek has created a cm14 branch for Clark on CM GitHub. Though presently it only contains cm13 he has made his intent clear to continue as soon as cm and Moto make their blobs available.
      Say thank you to a dev who works, well, invisibly behind the scenes.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone