[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)

Search This thread

LBSpeller

Dec 2, 2015
How is everyone getting along with the 2nd November nightly? I've been running it for about 15 hours without a freeze-up so far. The sensors are still not as sensitive as they used to be, but that's not a major problem.

LBSpeller

Dec 2, 2015
How is everyone getting along with the 2nd November nightly? I've been running it for about 15 hours without a freeze-up so far. The sensors are still not as sensitive as they used to be, but that's not a major problem.

Never mind... Had a black screen, fixable only by holding the power button for ten seconds, just after finishing a phone call. Oh well, I'm sure it will be sorted eventually. Just gonna keep on flashing.

debanjanhazra

Mar 30, 2013
f27280238dea18947fbf3bcf27f15acd.jpg

I am unable to make volte calls even turning on the enhanced 4g lte mode and turning on volte provision flag . I m on reliance jio network. Any solution for this?

Sent from my XT1572 using XDA-Developers mobile app

tsbockman

Nov 3, 2016
Lag Fix

I actually came here to seek help for the lag/reboot issues, so I'm glad your reply was the first thing I see! So you say you're on Slim6 and their next weekly will fix the issues, but I'm wondering if that means it should already be fixed in a recent CM13 nightly? Maybe? I'm on the 10/26 nightly right now and getting regular bouts of lag, and at least 2-3 reboots a day (or the phone freezes and I have to manually reboot it anyway).

The fix is not yet in CM13 nightly, but I've tested it on my phone by manually installing the changed file from SlimRom using TWRP, and it seems to work great: scrolling is silky smooth, apps launch faster, etc. I opened a GitHub issue requesting that it be officially pulled into CM, with a link to the relevant SlimRom commit. (I can't link to either here right now, because I just signed up for XDA so that I can post this.)

So hopefully this problem will be fixed for good within the next week. (I'm running 11/02, which is otherwise very stable.)

Ltilt2

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles
The fix is not yet in CM13 nightly, but I've tested it on my phone by manually installing the changed file from SlimRom using TWRP, and it seems to work great: scrolling is silky smooth, apps launch faster, etc. I opened a GitHub issue requesting that it be officially pulled into CM, with a link to the relevant SlimRom commit. (I can't link to either here right now, because I just signed up for XDA so that I can post this.)

So hopefully this problem will be fixed for good within the next week. (I'm running 11/02, which is otherwise very stable.)

Which file is it?

bamaredwingsfan

Jun 22, 2010
Cullman, AL
twitter.com

I've never added a commit in a rom I'm actively using. How do I go about doing this

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jmaniac55

Oct 4, 2012
Hey guys, is anyone else having issues with screen glitches? I have lines that will appear on the screen, it will flash slightly, and motion while navigating will be extremely laggy and blurry.

No it is not the phone because everything is fine when I let it sit in recovery

tsbockman

Nov 3, 2016
I've never added a commit in a rom I'm actively using. How do I go about doing this

Normally it would be a ton of work, since (just to start) you would have to figure out how to rebuild the ROM from source code. But, in this case the only file that changed is a shell script. Those are interpreted, rather than being pre-compiled into an executable binary.

Thus, all that is necessary is to copy-paste the new version of init.qcom.power.sh into the appropriate place (see my previous comment), fix its permissions, and reboot.

Unfortunately, because the file belongs on the protected /system partition TWRP doesn't make this as easy as one would hope. Still, the required tools are there: ls -l can be used to check what the original permissions are, the file manager or cp can do the copy-paste, and chmod can restore the correct permissions.

Anyone who can't figure out how to perform the update safely from the above should probably wait for it to get pulled into some future CM13 nightly; doing it manually is tricky and a bit risky. (I might take the time to write complete, safe, step-by-step instructions if an official update isn't forthcoming, but I don't think that will be necessary.)

damentz

Apr 24, 2010
Normally it would be a ton of work, since (just to start) you would have to figure out how to rebuild the ROM from source code. But, in this case the only file that changed is a shell script. Those are interpreted, rather than being pre-compiled into an executable binary.

Thus, all that is necessary is to copy-paste the new version of init.qcom.power.sh into the appropriate place (see my previous comment), fix its permissions, and reboot.

Unfortunately, because the file belongs on the protected /system partition TWRP doesn't make this as easy as one would hope. Still, the required tools are there: ls -l can be used to check what the original permissions are, the file manager or cp can do the copy-paste, and chmod can restore the correct permissions.

Anyone who can't figure out how to perform the update safely from the above should probably wait for it to get pulled into some future CM13 nightly; doing it manually is tricky and a bit risky. (I might take the time to write complete, safe, step-by-step instructions if an official update isn't forthcoming, but I don't think that will be necessary.)

An easier way of updating this file is to download the file from github, then:

Code:
adb push init.qcom.power.sh /sdcard

If you downloaded it directly with your phone, just adjust the paths.
Then, boot to recovery, mount /system, and run the following:

Code:
cat /sdcard/init.qcom.power.sh > /system/bin/init.qcom.power.sh

LBSpeller

Dec 2, 2015
What has happened to the latest build? Bluetooth is consuming a lot of battery! UI freezes every now and then. I am on 4/11 build

I am getting this too. However it is not actually using the battery, it is just being wrongly reported on the battery screen. Mine said it used 4673mAh (44%) in just ten mins of use! But my battery percentage rate only dropped by a few percent. So it is purely cosmetic. Hopefully it will get fixed though.

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009

I've rolled it into a TWRP flashable zip for those who want to do it that way. All it does is just drop the file into the correct location and apply the correct permissions (755). You can open the archive to check that I haven't modified the original file.

The original file I grabbed from here -
https://github.com/SlimRoms/device_motorola_clark/blob/mm6.0/rootdir/bin/init.qcom.power.sh

I was previously using an SD808 governor script from one of the Nexus 5X threads (https://github.com/Alcolawl/Interactive-Governor-Tweaks/tree/master/bullhead), since I was getting some poor performance from the stock CM13 governor, but I will try this and see how it goes. UPDATE: Running quite well, very smooth and no SOD issues.

Attachments

• clark-apply.qcom_.power_.sh_.zip
    128.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

richteratmosphere

Feb 23, 2012
Thanks for posting the flashable zip. Been using it with the 11/2 build since last night and haven't experienced any freeze ups or lag in the UI yet. The only bug that I'm experiencing is that the double tap power button and double twist for camera options don't work well. There is usually a significant delay as compared to open the camera app through the app icon, and sometimes the camera app fails when using these shortcuts/gestures. I think this is a separate issue than the freeze-ups/lag in the UI. These issues were present in all of the CM builds I've used since 10/9. These shortcuts/gestures work much better on DU, so there must be some way to get them working correctly on CM.

Reactions: SenK9

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
Thanks for posting the flashable zip. Been using it with the 11/2 build since last night and haven't experienced any freeze ups or lag in the UI yet. The only bug that I'm experiencing is that the double tap power button and double twist for camera options don't work well. There is usually a significant delay as compared to open the camera app through the app icon, and sometimes the camera app fails when using these shortcuts/gestures. I think this is a separate issue than the freeze-ups/lag in the UI. These issues were present in all of the CM builds I've used since 10/9. These shortcuts/gestures work much better on DU, so there must be some way to get them working correctly on CM.
If I remember right (it's in the thread several pages back) the reason most of us went to 10/09 was because ambient display worked differently (worse and less responsive) after that date..... Maybe linked to poor responsiveness with other gesture inputs aswell??

A few tweaks out of the box though and 10/09 works well, including ambient display.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Feb 2, 2016
I'm on 22/10 nightly, I was on "Ondemand" but still some reboots and UI lags untill yesterday.
It's because I flashed your zip since yesterday morning and I don't experienced UI freeze or lags anymore.
The UI experience is "normal" now, but I passed so much time with this issue, It's a completely different phone now !

Big thanks for your work ! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=clark&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM64 platform, Android version 6.0)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Misc Links

Unoffical changelog:
    Link: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/clark/

Learn to build yourself:
    Link: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_clark

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    invisiblek, Hashbang173, gmillz, neph81
    Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-06-03
    Last Updated 2016-06-03
    Here's a build that I'd like tested. Mainly looking for reports on stability (reboots/lockups) and battery life.

Since cm-13.0 is now down to weekly builds (builds come out on Sundays), and we haven't green-lighted clark for cm-14.1 nightlies yet, I'd like to take this time to see if we can get a good, final, stable build for cm-13.0 before we move on to N.

This should flash just fine over the top of your current cm-13.0 nightly.

http://download.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-13.0/clark/cm-13.0-20161109-UNOFFICIAL-clark.zip

Please, please, PLEASE report your findings with this in the next few days. I'd like to ship these goodies before Sunday!

Enjoy!
    Rebased the kernel, now has EAS back. Also picked quite a few things from Bliss kernel including bricked hotplug, messing around with that might save a lot of battery.

It's working fine for me so far.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905720508

source: https://github.com/HashBang173/kern...mits/4f4a051ecbbf2fcc2fd9b89c127b3a5df585398f
    Can anyone post screenshots or comment on battery life and SOT for this rom?and how is the performance as well .. Just for comparison with other roms presently

Everything is pretty good, nothing to be disappointed about, that's for sure! But, IMO, TruPure is THE rom for this phone. But I'll continue to use this as I prefer CM themes as opposed to Layers and update as needed to see how much better things get.

I have no complaints about it other than the trouble I had with data upon first flashing (now solved). I'm seeing some guys post about problems they're having and I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I guess your mileage may vary.

This is definitely my second pick over all other ROMs (Mokee Open Source is close). I'm getting about 4 1/2 hours SOT while getting almost 6 on TruPure. Not to big of a deal for me as I won't use my phone much while working.

All in all, it's worth your time and deserves a fair shake. Ambient display is working for me, gestures are working, twist for camera while locked, unlocks and launches camera, chop chop for torch works. YouTube runs smooth, music plays fine (Viper works as well), and Xposed is running perfectly (for me).

I hope this "Mini Review" helps you out.
    Good to see dev invisiblek has created a cm14 branch for Clark on CM GitHub. Though presently it only contains cm13 he has made his intent clear to continue as soon as cm and Moto make their blobs available.
    Say thank you to a dev who works, well, invisibly behind the scenes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone