[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 For Moto X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I was trying to watch a x265 video on MX player and found that the strange green-pink colour thing happening on video playback. Tried playing with VLC media player, the issue doesn't happen but the video needs to constantly buffer so screen becomes grey at most times.

X264 videos play fine on mx player though.
Have added a screenshot. If anyone knows how to fix this please do tell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161227-214815.jpg
    Screenshot_20161227-214815.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 305

marlonmrn

Dec 29, 2010
Im using cm13 for a while, but its really baaaaad
Bad battery life, GPS get lost a lot and is overheating insanely. I live in Brazil though.

Somebody else experiencing this?
What others distros are stable?
Thankkks

Edit: its the cm13 downloaded from the cyanogen website

I just changed my battery for a new one today and I'm with 6% now. It was last like 8 hours.

And if I install Facebook app, the phone became unusable. Lags every time. Looks like a glaxy pocket

Last edited:

danielcr12

Apr 24, 2009
Nueva Esparta
danielcr.com
Im using cm13 for a while, but its really baaaaad
Bad battery life, GPS get lost a lot and is overheating insanely. I live in Brazil though.

Somebody else experiencing this?
What others distros are stable?
Thankkks

Edit: its the cm13 downloaded from the cyanogen website

I just changed my battery for a new one today and I'm with 6% now. It was last like 8 hours.

And if I install Facebook app, the phone became unusable. Lags every time. Looks like a glaxy pocket

You should check your phone, mine works flawlessly and stable no issues at all.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Labs

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
There are multiple broken things in this ROM, way to many to list actually. The AOSP-OMS kind of does the things better, probably cuz Cyanogen mod was in it's dying phase when CM13 was in development. I'm not expecting it to be perfect of course, but overall disappointed at this project.

sharukins

Jun 15, 2011
There are multiple broken things in this ROM, way to many to list actually. The AOSP-OMS kind of does the things better, probably cuz Cyanogen mod was in it's dying phase when CM13 was in development. I'm not expecting it to be perfect of course, but overall disappointed at this project.

CM has never been in a dying phase. They decided to fork the code because Cyanogen Inc holds the trademark "Cyanogen" which might lead to legal problems in the future

whatsaniphone

Jun 9, 2016
Payment services??

Hey, I'm wondering if payment services are working for you guys? NFC seems to be working fine, but I don't see any payment settings nor the Tap & Pay selection. Is this not compatible with this ROM or is it just my issue? Is there a way to overcome it?

sharukins

Jun 15, 2011
Hey, I'm wondering if payment services are working for you guys? NFC seems to be working fine, but I don't see any payment settings nor the Tap & Pay selection. Is this not compatible with this ROM or is it just my issue? Is there a way to overcome it?

nfc payment does not work with ROMs that have built in root because malware could abuse your account easily.
To overcome this you would have to compile your own version of CM with certain build flags and unroot permanently after flashing. Though this is not guaranteed to work.

7bob

Jul 15, 2012
GT-i9250
Nexus 9
Cannot boot: Cryptfs : post_fs_data timed out!

After installing the latest Nightly (cm-13.0-20161218-NIGHTLY-ghost) I cannot boot anymore because the Cryptfs setup times out. Excerpt from logcat after entering my encryption password:

Code:
01-03 08:54:03.140   187   213 D Cryptfs : unmounting /data succeeded
01-03 08:54:03.901   187   213 D Cryptfs : Just triggered post_fs_data
01-03 08:54:54.009   187   213 E Cryptfs : post_fs_data timed out!

I had the same problem with the previous Nightly (cm-13.0-20161211-NIGHTLY-ghost), but only every other time. With the 20161218 one I cannot boot anymore.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Thanks!

senseii

Jul 7, 2010
After installing the latest Nightly (cm-13.0-20161218-NIGHTLY-ghost) I cannot boot anymore because the Cryptfs setup times out. Excerpt from logcat after entering my encryption password:

I had the same problem with the previous Nightly (cm-13.0-20161211-NIGHTLY-ghost), but only every other time. With the 20161218 one I cannot boot anymore.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Thanks!
Have you tried a clean install ? Works fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

First of all i wanna thanks @intervigil aka Ethan Chen who is currently developing cm13 for our ghost and side by side i am also contributing to CM ...so all should be thankful to him :D

When coming from any other ROM, you must do a factory reset / clean flash.

The first boot can take a very long time. Don't assume that it is a bad flash, boot loop, etc. until it has sat for at least 5 minutes.

Links

ROM: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ghost
    GAPPS: opengapps.org
    PROTIP: Be sure to flash gapps at the same time you flash the rom. If you boot into cm-13.0 without gapps and attempt to flash them later, you're going to have a bad time

Working Stuff
    SIM
    Phone Calls
    Text Messaging
    Mobile Data
    Sensors
    WLAN
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    USB / USB-OTG
    Doze mode
    NFC
    Tethering

Known Issues
    2G/3G Switch
    Video Recording
    Flashlight Turns off after few seconds [WIP]
    Screencast Doesnt record screen [ Need Updated Media Codecs] [WIP]
    At 0% while Charging The Screen gets stuck at bootlogo
    Crazy/Inverted Colour While Playing Video Through Instagram

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 For Moto X [12/2/16], ROM for the Moto X

Contributors
    Megatron007 , intervigil , @zwliew
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_ghost

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-12
    Last Updated 2016-02-12
    HELLO , I am back :p

Here is the new build , cm-13.0-20160906-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

In this build Screencast/Snapchat Encoder has been fixed and torch is also been fixed (not cm11 app) Thanks to @intervigil and @Flyhalf205 Enjoy :)

Now CM13 is almost stable I can say :)

Now you guys must having when will cm14 arrived , it will be soon i have already started working on it and is stuck at some mount problems while booting you guys will able to enjoy nougat soon :)
    New Build cm-13.0-20160322-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

-Time reset has been fixed after reboot ,
    -While charging at 0% stucked at bootlogo has been fixed
    -Drop from 15 to 5% has been fixed
    -Rotation Fixed

-Many upstream changes from CM
    Update [16/2/16]

New Build , cm-13.0-20160216-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

Changelogs -

Fixed Video Recording Bug With Snapdragon Camera
    Inverted /Crazy Video Has been fixed due to updated media codecs by @zwliew and @TeamMex
    Sync With latest Cyanogenmod 13
    Included all device specific patches which merged in device tree

Enjoy :)
    Thanks to all my tester - Adriano Martins , Atharva Lele , Yacob , Amar Krishna And Many More :D :)