[ROM] Official CyanogenMod 14.1 for Falcon (NIGHTLY)

Search This thread

Allstargaurav

Sep 23, 2016
Delhi
Trying to build LineageOS 13.0 from source, but no luck to run ./extract-files.sh. 51-android.rules added and still getting this message "No device is online. Waiting for one... Please connect USB and/or enable USB debugging". What's wrong? I'm working with Ubuntu 16.04 on virtualbox. On phone i have LineageOS 14.1 nightly.
Did you install adb drivers And enable USB debugging for setting ?

MD0t700

Feb 21, 2017
I can't download... Cyanogonmod is saying Server error 503

LINKs:
All Downloads
Nightly Changelog
OpenGapps choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
Either way, you might want to further customize your installation (both gapps and system apps), refer to this tutorial
REMEMBER:
ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
/!\ Before installing, read post #3. /!\
HOW TO INSTALL
Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.
NB: Since 20161118, with a Lollipop compatible recovery like TWRP 3.0.2-0, you will get stuck to recovery, It is MANDATORY to update to 3.0.2-1.; the following error is still present : E:unknown command [log] but will not prevent install.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
  2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
  3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
  4. Select the Zips
  5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
  6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min
-Not confirmed for CM14 as of 20161109- Pro-TIP : To avoid GPS locking issue, refer to #Q7 of the CM12 dedicated FAQ

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
  1. Download the rom zip using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta...
  2. Press update.
  3. Wait 2-3 min

HOW TO CLEAN UPDATE : this kind of update helps to avoid any update related issues, you can follow this when coming from CM13 and want to keep you personal data.
  1. ProTip : Read the Changelog and disable features that have been updated between your build and the latest build (this is important when Theme features are updated and it could break things)
  2. Download the rom zip on the CM Website or using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta... make sure you have gapps zip on your device
  3. Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
  4. Format /system, /cache and /dalvik-cache (advance format in wipe menu of TWRP); do NOT Wipe DATA!
  5. Select the Zips
  6. Swipe to install
  7. Reboot and wait 2-3 min

I can't download this rom as Cyanogonmod is saying Server error 503... Any other places I can Download?

masmaster

Jun 26, 2014
Capital Federal
I have a locked moto g that belogs to my grandfather. I used to have a moto g too and i enjoyed updating it. I know how to unlock it and all that stuff. My question is, can i update it from kitkat 4.4.4 to lineage 14.1, obviusly installing twrp on the way. Thanks in advanced.

koshikas

Jun 16, 2015
Colombo
I have a locked moto g that belogs to my grandfather. I used to have a moto g too and i enjoyed updating it. I know how to unlock it and all that stuff. My question is, can i update it from kitkat 4.4.4 to lineage 14.1, obviusly installing twrp on the way. Thanks in advanced.
if it had never been updated to stock LP ROM before you might have to upgrade the bootloader to avoid screen flicker with latest kernels

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Reactions: masmaster

timeo78

Jul 24, 2015

You can udate directly but mind the bootloader which needs to be updated to work with current roms based on android 5 and up. There is a tool you can use to update it, plase check if your device is comaptible:
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/falcon-bootloader-upgrader-tool-t3093793

However, updating your grandfathers phone to latest android version will also bring you the latest bootloader. I would recommend this way if you are not familiar with bootloader update procedure and you don't feel like taking the risk to break your phone (which is small, but there is one).

lucastracq

Jan 20, 2015
Need lineage-14.1-20170124-experimental-falcon-signed to update without data wipe

not sure what you mean but any "experimental" zip is not needed anymore, always flash only the latest zip.
if you are already on lineage and you don't want to wipe data then wipe system, cache and dalvik cache and flash.

andro2917

Oct 29, 2017
not sure what you mean but any "experimental" zip is not needed anymore, always flash only the latest zip.
if you are already on lineage and you don't want to wipe data then wipe system, cache and dalvik cache and flash.

i am on cm 13.1 latest snapshot, do i need to install experimental migration build and only then nightly to save my apps and data?

niun01

Apr 3, 2013
See - Official LineageOS 14.1
Post #467
Use PC to download it. This file could not be opened in your mobile browser.

Last edited:

drmdsadiq

Sep 20, 2012
Hyderabad
www.medicalpresos.2ya.com
On latest nightly.. all working fine but came across this issue... Battery was at 16%, scheduled to start battery saver ≤15.. once it hit 15% the battery percent dropped to zero and phone just shut down.. when I tried to poweron I got the screen showing battery empty. When I plugged in charger it started charging from zero again.. don't know if it's a one off.. will charge to full again and keep u posted...

Another thought I had is why isn't Lineage supporting assistant out of the box yet? I mean even stock lollipop and MM ROMs and OOS based on 5 and 6 Android have support now via the Google assistant app from play store but not Lineage.. I can't even find the app searching on play store with Lineage unless I do the build prop edit.. even if I flash gapps with GA it still doesn't show up!

std_vect0r

Feb 27, 2018
EDIT : Moved to LOS 14.1 thread …

Since the 2018-02-20 nightly (for falcon) update I'm experiencing SIM card issues. About once a day, it says "No sim cards".
Unplug/plug SIM card + Reboot resolve the problem.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue ? Or … Is my Moto G SIM card reader dying ? :'(

Last edited:
Reactions: pavankmr850

Bludwurst

Mar 26, 2016
Moto G
Redmi 9A
Since the 2018-02-20 nightly (for falcon) update I'm experiencing SIM card issues. About once a day, it says "No sim cards".
Unplug/plug SIM card + Reboot resolve the problem.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue ? Or … Is my Moto G SIM card reader dying ? :'(

You might've wanted to post this in the LOS 14.1 thread...

(Also, no issues on my side)

Sent from my Motorola Moto G using XDA Labs

Reactions: std_vect0r

fsamHawk002

May 5, 2018
my device XT1032 currently running on cyanogenmod version 14.1-20161029-unofficial-falcon, i want to renistall the stock rom, please help...newbie here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyanogenmod.org%2Fwp-content%2Fthemes%2Fcyanogenmod%2Fimages%2Flogo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The "N" is for Nougat
    some words of wisdom:

1- This is an Android 7.1 Nougat-based release - update your third party addons to ensure compatibility
    2- The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality
    3- You can flash CM14.1 nightlies directly from CM13 snapshot or CM 13 nightlies (no need to wipe, BUT for optimum results, better follow Clean Update procedure explain below.), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2
    ALLERT:
    4- Once one CM14 nightlies, you cannot downgrade back to CM13 – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.

5- You’ll need an N compatible recovery, i.e. TWRP 3.0.2-1
    Happy Flashing, :)

Latest features :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Falcon, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    matmutant, luca020400, LuK1337, Google, CyanogenMod Team, Motorola
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: CyanogenMod13
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-11-09
    Last Updated 2016-11-19
    Download & Install

LINKs:
    All Downloads
    Nightly Changelog
    OpenGapps choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
    Either way, you might want to further customize your installation (both gapps and system apps), refer to this tutorial
    REMEMBER:
    ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
    /!\ Before installing, read post #3. /!\
    HOW TO INSTALL
    Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.
    NB: Since 20161118, with a Lollipop compatible recovery like TWRP 3.0.2-0, you will get stuck to recovery, It is MANDATORY to update to 3.0.2-1.; the following error is still present : E:unknown command [log] but will not prevent install.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
    2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
    4. Select the Zips
    5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
    6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min
    -Not confirmed for CM14 as of 20161109- Pro-TIP : To avoid GPS locking issue, refer to #Q7 of the CM12 dedicated FAQ

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
    1. Download the rom zip using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta...
    2. Press update.
    3. Wait 2-3 min

HOW TO CLEAN UPDATE : this kind of update helps to avoid any update related issues, you can follow this when coming from CM13 and want to keep you personal data.
    1. ProTip : Read the Changelog and disable features that have been updated between your build and the latest build (this is important when Theme features are updated and it could break things)
    2. Download the rom zip on the CM Website or using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta... make sure you have gapps zip on your device
    3. Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    4. Format /system, /cache and /dalvik-cache (advance format in wipe menu of TWRP); do NOT Wipe DATA!
    5. Select the Zips
    6. Swipe to install
    7. Reboot and wait 2-3 min
    Here's something for you guys to deal with till the time I deal with my exams and life.

lineage-14.1-20170119-UNOFFICIAL-falcon

The build's untested, but there's hardly any chance of it not booting.
    Don't expect anything to have changed except for the name.
    Just thought its good to be updated, so here's a build.

Enjoy! :)

PS: Please don't report bugs to me, I don't have time to fix stuff.
    Progress on the build
    1.Installing new Ubuntu(Done)
    2.Downloading Software Required to Build(Done)
    3.Syncing Up Repo (Done)
    4.Syncing up Falcon repo(Done)
    5.Building the build (Going On)
    6.Testing
    7.Uploading
    I might upload it by today(midnight) or tomorrow
    Depending on how much the time the whole process take.
    Guys After Lot of Error And Fixes (Was Using Cm-11 Guide and most of the things did not work)
    Finally was able to start the build process, hopefully it get successfully build without any error
    Pray with me.
    Its 11.30 Pm here i will leave it overnight to happen if it will be a success i will upload it by
    tommorow evening (Because of School)
    For Now Here Is a Screenshot,
    Enjoy:)
    Edit-The Build Was not a success
    Made few change and started it again