ROM[OFFICIAL][d85x,f400,g3ds,ls990,vs985][10.0]**crDroid**[V6.12]

Search This thread

bb709394

Mar 16, 2012
new builds up !

Thanks, so far so good. Will test drive and see if there are any issues.

Edit: when wi-fi is on, it can considerable battery drain. Any ideas on the cause? I have tried looking through various settings but nothing related to constant wi-fi scanning. On the other hand, when wi-fi is off -- excellent battery management (the doze/sleep mode is amazing and hardly lose any battery life).

Attached is the log file.View attachment logcat_07-17-2020.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: firebird11

hedgecore44

Mar 9, 2016
battery

Yeah, I can confirm that the latest build on the D850 suffers serious battery consumption with wi-fi on. I would not recommend the latest version as a daily driver.

Faize_Lohar

• Sep 2, 2015
    karachi
    Rep if you can help

@firebird11;

Regarding the random device reboots on vs985:

Since they occurred at the low end of the CPU frequency range (when screen goes off, device goes to sleep, etc), I decided to over-volt the following frequencies (the default voltages are in brackets):

268MHz - 805mV (795mV);
    300MHz - 805mV (800mV);
    422MHz - 805mV (800mV);
    652MHz - 810mV (800mV);
    729MHz - 810mV (800mV).

All other frequency values were left at default. The random device reboots have stopped (fingers crossed though).

EDIT: The mV increments weren't gotten from extensive trials, so it's possible lower increments may work and/or that only the 268MHz and 300MHz values need increments.

EDIT 2: Edited to reflect that this issue hasn't occurred on the recent LOS builds (AFAIK, since 21 June build).

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Labs

awesome! nothing major yet but ..... (settings>crdroid settings>network traffic monitor) crashes. will chime in if i notice anything else.

crash log url - https://del.dog/berytyqera

thanks! much appreciated!

how did you do that which app did you use to do that?

i recently found that if i turn off wifi device didn't get into the bootloop the phone is on the airplane mode no sim card no sd and no google account login. so the only thing i can use now is wifi but as soon as i open wifi random reboots but if i turn it off nothing happens i don't know how to fix this i am going to experiment with sim and account login too.

MaverickNextDoor

Oct 28, 2016
    Warri
    how did you do that which app did you use to do that?

To modify kernel settings, I used the kernel app made for the default crDroid kernel: XTD Kernel Adiutor.
    However, the issue of random reboots stopped for me about 2 builds ago, so I don't tweak kernel settings anymore. I just leave the default settings as is.

Faize_Lohar

• Sep 2, 2015
    karachi
    To modify kernel settings, I used the kernel app made for the default crDroid kernel: XTD Kernel Adiutor.
    However, the issue of random reboots stopped for me about 2 builds ago, so I don't tweak kernel settings anymore. I just leave the default settings as is.

i want to know how did you undervolt the cpu i tried many apps but nothing offers undervolting/overvolting anymore. the volts you mentioned above how do you manage to do that. and what setting are you using in kernel, i am using 8.1 Crdroid and get random restart on wifi on, as soon as i open wifi it's happens any moment. with wifi off no random reboots i don't know as it's the wifi it self or the services that activate after wifi is on, also i have issue with time sync on every single restart it reset to random time.

MaverickNextDoor

Oct 28, 2016
    Warri
    i want to know how did you undervolt the cpu i tried many apps but nothing offers undervolting/overvolting anymore. the volts you mentioned above how do you manage to do that. and what setting are you using in kernel, ....

Did you try searching for "xtd kernel lg g3" on XDA? It's a closed thread last updated for Pie. Download the kernel adiutor app from that thread and install. That app has a tab for CPU voltage in its sidebar menu.

Faize_Lohar

• Sep 2, 2015
    karachi
    Did you try searching for "xtd kernel lg g3" on XDA? It's a closed thread last updated for Pie. Download the kernel adiutor app from that thread and install. That app has a tab for CPU voltage in its sidebar menu.

Link is dead not found in repiles also if you have the link for the app

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I changed something in wifi in the last build, did anyone notice any different behavior ?

Thank you for your reply but i am using 8.1 oreo not android 10 only clean rom is stable for me or my device vice versa. well this rom is very good and fast but now i am not getting signals also and still no wifi no random reboots turn on wifi and random reboot is waiting for you . may be this is because of power consumption how much power battery has to deliver when the wifi and other apps with wifi activity get on all at once. as i am not getting signal so i can't test if this is happen on data too. thanks for the reply

MaverickNextDoor

Oct 28, 2016
    Warri
    Link is dead not found in repiles also if you have the link for the app
    i am using 8.1 oreo not android 10

Since you're using 8.1 then your default kernel isn't based on xtd kernel (like it is on 10). If I remember correctly, the default kernel on 8.1 doesn't have options for overclocking/underclocking. You need to get a hold of xtd kernel Oreo version and flash it. The kernel app I have won't work on your current default 8.1 kernel, only on xtd 8.1 - 9.0 and crDroid 5.x - 6.x.

Last edited:

Faize_Lohar

• Sep 2, 2015
    karachi
    random reboot was gone with no gapps but comes after installing gapps and some other apps don't what is causing the issue uninstall all apps download from play store and checking if one of them causing it

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
    LS990

Wow @firebird11 , The LS990 CRdroid build is working great . LTE , 3G , phone are all working . I had about given up on the no sim card detected issue ever being fixed . This is the first time I'm able to run version 10 and have service . Thanks so much for building for this device firebird11 !

Top Liked Posts