[ROM][OFFICIAL][d85x, f400, ls990, vs985] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Freench

May 13, 2022
France
I do not maintain TWRP any more, and I don't know what changes have been made to it since.
So you think using TWRP instead of LineageOS recovery may be the root of my problems ? Interesting.
I need some logs to determine what's the problem with storage (especially when it's encrypted),
I'll try to make a new update at the end of the week, if I have enough time.
but since you're running a very old build,
Very old ? Two months ? Well... OK.
that I can't even download to test, I would like you to upgrade manually to the newest version if that's not a problem for you.
What do you mean by "manually" ?
In future case, if you need to update via OTA, LineageOS paired with LineageOS Recovery does the job nicely.
OK. I'll try LineageOS recovery.
I don't use OTA today, I only make one update by month (for the security patches). My internet bandwidth is really poor, I need several hours to download a ROM.
I have personally stopped using backup and restore functions of TWRP, because it always caused some trouble.
OK, that confirms my feelings.
I back up internal storage and sdcard manually to my computer.
So am I. I also sync some data via CalDAV/WebDAV, make backups of the SMS/MMS database, use oandbackup, and so on... But none of those methods are able to make a complete "system snapshot", so, if the update fails, I have to clean-flash a working ROM, then restore all my apps and data.

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
So you think using TWRP instead of LineageOS recovery may be the root of my problems ? Interesting.
Not really what I meant, I just don't know what's happened to TWRP because I switched to LineageOS Recovery a long time ago.
Very old ? Two months ? Well... OK.
By very old, I meant that I can't download it any more to test it on my own.
What do you mean by "manually" ?
Well, perform a clean flash.
OK. I'll try LineageOS recovery.
I don't use OTA today, I only make one update by month (for the security patches). My internet bandwidth is really poor, I need several hours to download a ROM.
Fair. You should be able to perform an update monthly with LineageOS Recovery, too.
So am I. I also sync some data via CalDAV/WebDAV, make backups of the SMS/MMS database, use oandbackup, and so on... But none of those methods are able to make a complete "system snapshot", so, if the update fails, I have to clean-flash a working ROM, then restore all my apps and data.
I always had a decent internet connection to just redownload my applications, and most of them were already configured after they've been downloaded, so I could not relate to your problem. For SMS, MMS and Call Logs, sometimes they automatically synced from Google Backup or I restored them with an app with green icon. In your case, system snapshots are certainly a way to go, but I am afraid I can't assist you with that.

99diego

May 20, 2022
@HardStyl3r

Hello there.

I have flashed multiple d855 devices and none of them seems to be able to get a GPS fix.

Is this common (hardware) problem with this device version?
Is it a software problem that can maybe fixed?

I'd be happy to hear from you and/or any recommended solutions.

Otherwise the ROM works smoothly.

Thank you very much for this great effort! Please never stop! <3

PS: I assume a workaround would be to use an external GPS received attached either via Bluetooth or USB.

Last edited:

99diego

May 20, 2022
According to latest lineageos blog post

Bad news lies ahead, sadly. I know many of you were expecting the usual myriad of legacy devices to surprise you with a 19 release, but at the moment they won’t be.

This is due to AOSP’s removal of iptables in favor of eBPF. This is a newer, much more efficient kernel side implementation.

@HardStyl3r

Could you give an outlook of future development / updates for this LG G3 device?
Will there still be (security) updates for Lineage 18.1 on this device?

Sep 13, 2017
According to latest lineageos blog post

@HardStyl3r

Could you give an outlook of future development / updates for this LG G3 device?
Will there still be (security) updates for Lineage 18.1 on this device?

Hi 99diego,
important things first: HardStyl3r thank you for your device support and effort. I am here to, not miss a port from 18.1 to 19.1, too.

About your question for Security Updates. This should be for example, as long as K. Haggerty and Co, merge the Google AOSP-Patchtes to the Lineage Sources.

Like here,

they review and update it monthly for older Versions/Repositories too.

Topic 2
======

With GPS, i only use one d855 and have no issues with it.
- Over time, hardware may be get faulty.
- Are you sure you did not mixed up your Hardware Device Version (D810, D850, D852, D855...), with the right Lineageos?
Like Use on Hardware D855 a Rom for D852?

However. My D855 still have the same proprietary files as in the public backup from github.com/TheMuppets and its (proprietary_vendor_lge) for the D855.
I will not share my own builds or recommend to compile own builds. Switching from official lineageos to custom builds comes with a full reset and data loss (if you have no backups). And if you are not familiar with compiling software it cost much time and energy.

Topic 3
======

Thank 99diego, for sharing that blog Post. Read it weeks ago but not carefully.

".. but until a proper workaround/backport of BPF is brought to older kernel versions, don’t expect legacy devices to ship LineageOS 19."

Sad, but fully understandable. I am fine to stay with 18.1 in that case.
A quick Searching, Linux 3.18.x Kernels support eBPF, like for the LG G5. Its just my d855 still use a 3.4.x Kernel. And i am not familiar with Building Kernels for Android. I think devices use that first delivered Kernels that come with the Smartphones because the binary blobs (drivers modules) will not load without "update".

Have a nice Weekend!

Chris

NoUserNameForYou

Jun 18, 2022
Hello HardStyl3r

This device's design is horrendous, they put two heating chips on top of each other and after some time the memory starts to fail.

Only way to prevent it is undervolting and underclocking. The kernel you provided in the rom allows to underclock which I'm really thankful for, but I live in a hot country and I'd really appreciate undervolting as well as limiting the core count. The current MPdecision even when turned off from kernel managers still meddles with the core count. Please provide these options if they are not too much of a hassle.

Thank you.

LGG3Korea

Jun 19, 2022
Hello @HardStyl3r and others,

I've been trying to flash LineageOS 18.1 on LG G3 F400L following https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/f400/install and every time I end up on a boot-loop. I'm pretty sure that I'm following the procedure correctly and none of the sub-steps failed. Any clue on what's wrong and how do I get it installed correctly? I tried different combinations of installer zip and recovery as well, also some other customized recoveries. Fails every single time.
I also tried this method to flash the ROM: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-have-problems-installing-android-11.4315345/
The result is the same - boot loop.

Any pointers?

Last edited:

anaconda691

Mar 3, 2013
Hello @HardStyl3r and others,

My VoLTE doesn't work with this version, is it possible it is a baseband issue? I'm currently on MPSS.DI.2.0.1.c1.13-00058-M8974AAAAANPZM-1

Does anyone know if this is current, and do you have a download link for (did search no results): MPSS.DI.2.0.1.c1.13-00114-M8974AAAAANPZM-1.43646.2

anaconda691

Mar 3, 2013
VoLTE will not work.

Hi @HardStyl3r

Hmm, I just saw this, didn't realize this was an issue until ATT decided to turn off 3G, I was always curious why my calls never went over LTE but it wasn't truly a problem until now.

Does this mean that VoLTE will never work for this phone on Lineage OS ever, or is this something that can be solved? Please let me know, would appreciate it since I cannot receive and make calls any longer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V1KTmBM.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
    Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
    Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
    • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
    • flash latest ROM zip
    • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
    TWRP
    Open GApps ARM BETA BUILDS
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Stock ROM by @MESA
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
    @walter79
    @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources
    local_manifests
    Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r
    I just wanted to say thank you to HardStyl3r for all the great work that was done to LS990 with LineageOS. The phone just got new life with this ROM.
    And also want to know some news about Android 12 :) Would you concider to port it to LS990? LineageOS 19? :)
    I do plan to release Android 12.
    Can i use this rom for lg g3 US990?
    If it doesn't have msm8974ac, I am afraid you can't.
    A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
    Enjoy.
    sZtGfmf.png

18.1, 14.04.2021
    u434BM7.png

Code:
     * April 2021 Android Security Bulletin: r34
     * Promotion to Official 18.1 #306996 #306997
     * Sanitized sources so I could push to LineageOS (mostly vendor stuff) - not really worth mentioning
     * Fixed TimeKeep implementation
     * Fixed "Switched to AOSP RenderScript" from 31.03.2021 update

18.1, 31.03.2021
    u434BM7.png

Code:
     * March 2021 Android Security Bulletin: r32
     * Fixed encryption
     * DRM protected now works (e.g. Netflix)
     * Switched to AOSP RenderScript
     * Builds now come with smaller font footprint

18.1, 14.02.2021
    UgK3dlI.png

Code:
     * Updated source (LineageOS/lineage-18.1)
    * sepolicy additions
    * device tree updates (Trust VINTF)
    * CameraServiceProxy error fix
    * more bringup

18.1, 20.12.2020
    UgK3dlI.png

Code:
     * Initial release
    New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
    If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.