[ROM][OFFICIAL][d85x, f400, ls990, vs985] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Vincent_b

Nov 29, 2017
Hi.

Great work!

As much that I can tell, coming from lineage os 17.1 on d855, clean install, everything is working great.

The only problem I could spot was that I could not record a video with the photo app.

Maybe fixed if installing Clean Rom 3.2 first.

fOxunO

Jan 2, 2011
Hi.

Great work!

As much that I can tell, coming from lineage os 17.1 on d855, clean install, everything is working great.

The only problem I could spot was that I could not record a video with the photo app.

Maybe fixed if installing Clean Rom 3.2 first.

Try replace Google Play Service with Service for android 11

caiolimaaa

Mar 16, 2021
There is any kind of custom kernels for this rom? That one on this rom locks the CPU max frequencies on 1190Mhz and only have the default governors.

Ivan1627

Feb 21, 2021
I also have another problem, sometimes the system UI crashes making the screen go black for a few seconds, or sometimes the screen freezes and the phone reboots, it is something very annoying

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
There is any kind of custom kernels for this rom? That one on this rom locks the CPU max frequencies on 1190Mhz and only have the default governors.
That's mainly because the rom is a new version and to work out the bugs and get it ready for official release. This is the testing phase and it needs to be tested running whatever kernal the developer is building it with. If you go off on another kernal then your input might not be useful as you would have strayed away from what we could say are a set of lab conditions. Consider it as research and development here and stick to strictly stock.

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
I also have another problem, sometimes the system UI crashes making the screen go black for a few seconds, or sometimes the screen freezes and the phone reboots, it is something very annoying
That will eventually be worked out. When your testing brand new alpha version of a rom , prepare to be annoyed and also maybe prepare tp provide a log if possible to help the developer figure out what's causing it. This is the cutting , bleeding edge of development. 17.1 is very smooth and stable if one is too annoyed .

Ivan1627

Feb 21, 2021
That will eventually be worked out. When your testing brand new alpha version of a rom , prepare to be annoyed and also maybe prepare tp provide a log if possible to help the developer figure out what's causing it. This is the cutting , bleeding edge of development. 17.1 is very smooth and stable if one is too annoyed .
Thanks for answering Bro, now I send the system log

Ivan1627

Feb 21, 2021
and something else, my G3 has a problem with the headphones, and it does not let me hear the audio from the speaker, it is only heard with headphones, and I wanted to know if anyone knows of an app that works,because from what I understood, in android 11 the apps that solved it no longer work

turquoise.ht

Apr 21, 2010
New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
First, we should know what to expect. You are bringing the latest software to a 7-year-old phone. Of course there are sometimes lags very normally but everything is quite smooth in general. Thank you very much for the great job.

• Love
Reactions: HardStyl3r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V1KTmBM.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
    Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
    Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
    • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
    • flash latest ROM zip
    • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
    TWRP
    Open GApps ARM BETA BUILDS
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Stock ROM by @MESA
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
    @walter79
    @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources
    local_manifests
    Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r
    A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
    Enjoy.
    New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
    If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
    @HardStyl3r , I flashed the new 18.1 build along with the open test gapps on my LS990 . I have to say it's running great so far. Things I've checked and work fine are data, wifi , telephony, camera( both camera and video) and GPS. All work good without any lag or issue. I also rooted with magisk . Had no problems whatsoever with TWRP either. I went through the whole setup process of entering account and restoring all apps from the cloud. GPS locks in super fast and finds lots of satellites . I tried the first 18.1 build you put out and while most stuff worked I can tell this build is smoother and improved. Thanks for all your efforts .

Warning to all TWRP users ::: . During setup on 18.1 you' must be careful not to check the box offering to update Lineage Recovery . If your on TWRP and you check this box you''ll lose your TWRP .
    Auto update didn't find new version. Attempted a dirty flash of rom only, which resulted in boot loop. Did full wipe, flash rom, bitgaps and magisk and is working very nicely. Thanks HardStyler.

Auto update will not work until the rom eventually goes official.