[ROM][OFFICIAL][d85x, f400, ls990, vs985] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

petergunn666

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for this awesome ROM - Android 11 on d851 in 2021 is amazing.

Working good so far, except built-in LineageOS terminal reboots phone when I try to start it. Termux works fine so not major issue for me.

Rosenrotx3

Jun 16, 2016
no matter what i do, i can't install stock gapps. Every time i try to install stock gapps, i get error 70. I tried to resize my system partition, that also not worked. Any solutions? I don't want to stick with pico gapps. Stock is more suitable for me.

Af0x

Mar 4, 2017
After upgrading to lineage-18.1-20210501-nightly on an encrypted d855-device (lineage-17.1-20210410-nightly) I can´t unlock the screen although the entered password is correct. It keeps asking for the password.

Is it even possible to dirty upgrade like this? I used twrp-3.5.2_9-0.

Last edited:

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
Please appreciate the fact that I'm and idiot. I wiped all the usual suspects except data. I installed the 4/16 - 18.1 rom along with Open Gapps. It worked to perfection, except for terminal.
4/23 and 4/30 OTA updates installed via Settings, System, Advanced, Updater. Just like the old days.

I use HardStyler's TWRP 3.3.0-0

HardStyl3r

• Aug 12, 2015
    Poland, Łódź
    Hi, thank you for this information, actually I do not understand why the best variant is not supported, but anyway, do you know which is the most valuable ROM for dual sim?
    The answer is simple, I don't have g3ds variant and it wasn't me who brought it up in the first place. There are very few g3ds users that it's really hard to debug. It also wouldn't make it to LineageOS official.
    And to answer the question, stock rom is probably the best.

Reactions: LZ_

Af0x

Mar 4, 2017
    After upgrading to lineage-18.1-20210501-nightly on an encrypted d855-device (lineage-17.1-20210410-nightly) I can´t unlock the screen although the entered password is correct. It keeps asking for the password.

Is it even possible to dirty upgrade like this? I used twrp-3.5.2_9-0.
    @HardStyl3r can you confirm this? Currently my device is bricked because of this.

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
    @HardStyl3r can you confirm this? Currently my device is bricked because of this.
    I would think trying to upgrade from one android version to another dirty flashing an encrypted device is like playing with fire. I wouldn't call it a bricked device if your willing to clean wipe it and install the new version the proper way. You still have twrp recovery right ?

HardStyl3r

• Aug 12, 2015
    Poland, Łódź
    I would think trying to upgrade from one android version to another dirty flashing an encrypted device is like playing with fire. I wouldn't call it a bricked device if your willing to clean wipe it and install the new version the proper way. You still have twrp recovery right ?
    In the past, encrypted OTA upgrade was fine. Now, we couldn't HW encryption and there's special flag "wipe_on_update" or something like that in lineage_wiki. I highly doubt that it has no meaning.

Af0x

Mar 4, 2017
    Is there any known bug regarding WPA3? Because I can´t establish a connection with my d855 device (lineage-18.1-20210501-nightly). WPA2 is working though.

Also knock knock functionality is not working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      V1KTmBM.png

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
      /ˈlinēij/
      noun
      1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
      2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
      Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
      Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
      • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
      • flash latest ROM zip
      • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
      TWRP
      Open GApps ARM BETA BUILDS
      Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
      Stock ROM by @MESA
      3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
      bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
      Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
      @walter79
      @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
      github.com/itsHardStyl3r
      device and kernel sources
      local_manifests
      Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r
      A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
      Enjoy.
      New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
      If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
      @HardStyl3r , I flashed the new 18.1 build along with the open test gapps on my LS990 . I have to say it's running great so far. Things I've checked and work fine are data, wifi , telephony, camera( both camera and video) and GPS. All work good without any lag or issue. I also rooted with magisk . Had no problems whatsoever with TWRP either. I went through the whole setup process of entering account and restoring all apps from the cloud. GPS locks in super fast and finds lots of satellites . I tried the first 18.1 build you put out and while most stuff worked I can tell this build is smoother and improved. Thanks for all your efforts .

Warning to all TWRP users ::: . During setup on 18.1 you' must be careful not to check the box offering to update Lineage Recovery . If your on TWRP and you check this box you''ll lose your TWRP .
      Auto update didn't find new version. Attempted a dirty flash of rom only, which resulted in boot loop. Did full wipe, flash rom, bitgaps and magisk and is working very nicely. Thanks HardStyler.

Auto update will not work until the rom eventually goes official.