Search This thread

HardStyl3r

• Aug 12, 2015
    Poland, Łódź
    Reactions: rahimali and Af0x

fubag

Apr 9, 2010
    WV
    ugh I accidently lost my twrp recovery to the lineageos recovery and lost root...can someone link me to to the twrp zip file mentioned that I could flash using the lineageos recovery?

*edit - i found the zip and i got twrp back! also figured out how to flash magisk again!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: HardStyl3r

petergunn666

Mar 4, 2012
    Plugged my d851 into a monitor via a slimport adapter and the phone display started to flash like crazy then the phone hung until I removed the battery. Anyone got this working with LineageOS 18.1 ?

macoloco

Dec 24, 2013
    Thank you @HardStyl3r ...

I have 2 G3 used as secondary phone...mainly to listen podcast. I've been stuck on Pie, due i was not able to make lineageOS 17.1 run on these devices.
    Yesterday i decide to try with 18.1....Backup 16 rom first....Wipe data+cache+dalvik (everything)
    Just flashed through TwRP latest build and beta GaPPS..Just worked great.

I just struggled a bit trying to make Viper4FX working propperly....now it does

When I finished setting up my device i have discovered that RadioFM is not working

First boot shows nothing....sometimes it shows a random dial number, but no sound
    Is there any chance to get RadioFM in this rom working?

I know its an oldschool problem....but mainly i use this phone as media player on my job time.
    Thanks for all effort

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
    What variant
    Thank you @HardStyl3r ...

I have 2 G3 used as secondary phone...mainly to listen podcast. I've been stuck on Pie, due i was not able to make lineageOS 17.1 run on these devices.
    Yesterday i decide to try with 18.1....Backup 16 rom first....Wipe data+cache+dalvik (everything)
    Just flashed through TwRP latest build and beta GaPPS..Just worked great.

I just struggled a bit trying to make Viper4FX working propperly....now it does

When I finished setting up my device i have discovered that RadioFM is not working

First boot shows nothing....sometimes it shows a random dial number, but no sound
    Is there any chance to get RadioFM in this rom working?

I know its an oldschool problem....but mainly i use this phone as media player on my job time.
    Thanks for all effort
    RadioFM from the playstore is working fine here on my G3 . What variant G3 are you on ?

Zirila

• Jul 31, 2015
    I have some issues with Lineageos 18.1 w/ microG, but I think it's all rather Android 11 dependend:

- My radio app ("simple radio") is always stopping after 5min idle in standby
    I switched off "save battery" for this app, so it shouldn't stop but it does.
    In earlier LineageOS versions <=v17 I had the option "keep Wi-Fi connected in standby" in the advanced wifi options. This setting is now completely missing. Maybe it's the wifi that stops working after 5mins in standby.
    But I can't do anything to fix it.. the option has been removed, what to do now?

- is there a way for older apps that don't get any updates soon to enable external sdcard read/write access?
    Android 11 forced "scoped storage" and apps have no permissions to use the storage as before. I tried magisk/edexposed modules like "exSDcard Access enabler" and the like which worked for v17.1, but they won't work for v18.1.

macoloco

Dec 24, 2013
    Starting out of zero....new install.

Wipe cache+dalvik+data+system....flashing latest nightly and test gapps zip.....

First boot....radio is working but now lineageos seems a bit laggy....

i think magisk or a module maybe broke radio app .....trying to guess now

macoloco

Dec 24, 2013
    Definitely Magisk breaks radio app function at some point.....

Trying older Magisk versions....

Magisk 21.4 doesnt want to install
    Magisk 22.0 app and zip are installed and radio working properly ...so far
    Upgrading app to 22.1.....radio still working

Last edited:

macoloco

Dec 24, 2013
    Fault is located....

After upgrading Magisk ( zip) to 22.1 version....RadioFM app doesnt boot.....something is broken there...

Edit: Close to make FmRadio working....waiting some final test
    Final result...nothing.

Radio app stop working randomly with magisk 22.1 or some combination 22.0+22.1 - 22.1+23.0

Magisk hide seemed to work with radio app and magisk 22.1 after upgrading to 23.0 stop working, trying to revert to 22.1 and sometimes freeze radio app, sometimes seemed to work....a bit mess

i will stay on 18.1 lineageOs without magisk (i need viper4FX or something like this to improve speaker to listen podcast while driving) (i cant use earphone due my job and is the only way to listen music )

Last edited:

rahimali

Jul 25, 2007
    forum.xda-developers.com
    Fault is located....

After upgrading Magisk ( zip) to 22.1 version....RadioFM app doesnt boot.....something is broken there...

Edit: Close to make FmRadio working....waiting some final test
    Final result...nothing.

Radio app stop working randomly with magisk 22.1 or some combination 22.0+22.1 - 22.1+23.0

Magisk hide seemed to work with radio app and magisk 22.1 after upgrading to 23.0 stop working, trying to revert to 22.1 and sometimes freeze radio app, sometimes seemed to work....a bit mess

i will stay on 18.1 lineageOs without magisk (i need viper4FX or something like this to improve speaker to listen podcast while driving) (i cant use earphone due my job and is the only way to listen music )
    Just a thought... add bluetooth speakers to car or connect phone to car audio system via bluetooth...

macoloco

Dec 24, 2013
    Finally i decided to revert my G3 to latest pie version.

i will wait to see if Android 10 gets updated and its possible to use radioFm and viperFX (magisk) together

avf32

May 18, 2021
    Hi all,

I have an LG G3 (d855), it currently has TWRP recovery installed on it and everything else has been wiped.

I've tried to install LineageOS (tried both v17 and v18) by sideloading via TWRP, but I never managed to get anything to boot -- I just get the LG logo for a while, and then it either boots into TWRP or into Fastboot.

I have no idea what else to try. I really wish I could get some error messages out of it instead of just the LG logo -- is there a way to do this? I couldn't see any log files being left behind.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
    Alex

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
    Hi all,

I have an LG G3 (d855), it currently has TWRP recovery installed on it and everything else has been wiped.

I've tried to install LineageOS (tried both v17 and v18) by sideloading via TWRP, but I never managed to get anything to boot -- I just get the LG logo for a while, and then it either boots into TWRP or into Fastboot.

I have no idea what else to try. I really wish I could get some error messages out of it instead of just the LG logo -- is there a way to do this? I couldn't see any log files being left behind.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
    Alex
    So when you go to twrp are you just flashing the zip file from the device or sideloading it some other way ? Have you tried just flashing the rom with no gapps to see if it will boot ? Are you flashing anything else like magisk at the same time you flash the rom ? Also what version twrp ?

avf32

May 18, 2021
    So when you go to twrp are you just flashing the zip file from the device or sideloading it some other way ? Have you tried just flashing the rom with no gapps to see if it will boot ? Are you flashing anything else like magisk at the same time you flash the rom ? Also what version twrp ?
    I've tried sideloading, I've tried pushing to /sdcard and installing from there, I've tried copying to an actual SD card and installing from there. The result is the same each time: it doesn't boot. Latest version of TWRP (3.5.2), flashing just the OS image, nothing else.

But I've decided to give up with this phone, I've had enough of bashing my head against it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      @avf32, I have a large collection of ROMs (but only for D852 and D855). If your variant is one of those, let me know what you need, I'll do my best to help out.
      V1KTmBM.png

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
      /ˈlinēij/
      noun
      1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
      2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
      Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
      Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
      • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
      • flash latest ROM zip
      • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
      TWRP
      Open GApps ARM BETA BUILDS
      Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
      Stock ROM by @MESA
      3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
      bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
      Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
      @walter79
      @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
      github.com/itsHardStyl3r
      device and kernel sources
      local_manifests
      Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r
      A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
      Enjoy.
      New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
      If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
      @HardStyl3r , I flashed the new 18.1 build along with the open test gapps on my LS990 . I have to say it's running great so far. Things I've checked and work fine are data, wifi , telephony, camera( both camera and video) and GPS. All work good without any lag or issue. I also rooted with magisk . Had no problems whatsoever with TWRP either. I went through the whole setup process of entering account and restoring all apps from the cloud. GPS locks in super fast and finds lots of satellites . I tried the first 18.1 build you put out and while most stuff worked I can tell this build is smoother and improved. Thanks for all your efforts .

Warning to all TWRP users ::: . During setup on 18.1 you' must be careful not to check the box offering to update Lineage Recovery . If your on TWRP and you check this box you''ll lose your TWRP .
      Auto update didn't find new version. Attempted a dirty flash of rom only, which resulted in boot loop. Did full wipe, flash rom, bitgaps and magisk and is working very nicely. Thanks HardStyler.

Auto update will not work until the rom eventually goes official.