• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][d85x, f400, ls990, vs985] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
Pretty much running perfect on the LS990. Loses root after update but not a biggy. Magisk runs it's script after the flash but doesn't stick for some reason but easy enough to reflash magisk and then install the v.23 apk and back in business.
Thaniks @HardStyl3r for keeping us going. Great job bud.

Fractux

Jul 21, 2021
LG G3
Do you still need help or did you figure it out ?
Haven't gotten anywhere with it, sadly.

I made a full post in the Help section, but no replies yet.
[ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...age-primary-block-device-not-present.4309545/ ]

The only thread I found was dealing with this issue on a Nexus 7 : [ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/update-mounting-errors-in-custom-recovery.3064562/page-7 ] and mentioned TWRP issues that were resolved in 3.0.0 in that thread.

But the errors I get are using TWRP 3.3.1, from here [ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-3-3-1-abandoned-twrp-for-lg-g3.3813552/ ]. And every other build I've tried so far. And lineage recovery.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks for inquiring, any help would be more than welcome.

Cheers!

Last edited:

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
@Fractux you've probably lost your data anyway, so recreate the partitions in TWRP. Also, the TWRP I've built is not supported anymore.
To recreate the partitions, enter the partition settings and reformat it. I've done it by formatting /data to f2fs and then back to ext4 but it's very newbie way to do it. I don't really remember the exact steps and I am in France for vacation, so no screenshots.

Fractux

Jul 21, 2021
LG G3
@HardStyl3r,

Thanks for the reply, especially on your vacation.

I have already tried that you mentioned, with several installs and several versions of TWRP, but all had the same issue.

It cannot even see the block device, so it can't mount it to run a format.

All the data is still there. I can boot back into the stock ROM and everything is as is, it's literally just TWRP that can't see the storage device.

TWRP-term - Copy.jpg
TWRP - Copy.jpg

In every video I saw, when Present was YES, the formatting worked. No version I've tried so far has allowed me to get that NO to switch to YES.

Any other suggestions that you have? I'm stuck scratching my head.

Thanks again for replying on your vacation, much appreciated!

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
@HardStyl3r,

Thanks for the reply, especially on your vacation.

I have already tried that you mentioned, with several installs and several versions of TWRP, but all had the same issue.

It cannot even see the block device, so it can't mount it to run a format.

All the data is still there. I can boot back into the stock ROM and everything is as is, it's literally just TWRP that can't see the storage device.

View attachment 5373753View attachment 5373751

In every video I saw, when Present was YES, the formatting worked. No version I've tried so far has allowed me to get that NO to switch to YES.

Any other suggestions that you have? I'm stuck scratching my head.

Thanks again for replying on your vacation, much appreciated!
Have you tried the original 2.8 TWRP that comes with AutoRec? I doubt it will help but it's worth a try.

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
@HardStyl3r

The version of 2.8 revision I tried was from the old bump~ thread.

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lg_g3/bump/ -- twrp-2.8.0.0_d852g-signed.img

Also tried all the official 2.8.3 -> 2.8.6 images. No luck.

But I'll try that one when I get a chance.

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope after reading about this issue on the Nexus 7 thread. But thanks for your suggestion.

If that version works, I'll let you know.
Sorry about all the issues. I'm not familiar with your model. Let me reasearch a little will holler back if any idea pops up.

On my G3 I would normally return to stock Lollipop. Next I would root and then install the latest version of twrp. I would not un-root anything . I'd boot into the stock rom and then re-provision or activate the phone. Next step would be to download magisk , reboot to twrp and flash magisk . Reboot back into stock then download root checker basic to make sure t was rooted. If it was then reboot back into twrp , flash the rom and gapps. There is no part of the process that calls for unrooting. Even though your rooted with SuperUser at the beginning just flash magisk when your ready and it will take over. There's no part of the process for my device that calls for me to go back to lollipop and then back to kitKat but perhaps your device does. It just sounds too complex for some reason to go through all the steps your doing . With newer TWRP versions and magisk you don't have to worry with bumping either. I haven't bumped in ages. Last week I did return to stock . After rooting I booted into the stock rom. Went to play store and downloaded the TWRP official app. Opened the app and went through the procedure of flashing the recovery right there in the app. Superuser prompted me to grant root access to the twrp app and then I pointed it to where I downloaded twrp and it flashed the recovery. Then Wallah , I rebooted into twrp. Was painless and easy. Maybe all this would work for you ? Question, have you been running custom roms on this device or is this a first try ? Where are you getting the instructions for how to do all of this ? Can you give me a link so I can check it out ? Will do my best to help you get this sorted out.

One last thing , step two in your post says
2. Unroot using IMAGEPREP2.6 Direct, and then get SuperSU settings correct.

^^ This makes no sense to me. If you've unrooted then how can you possibly get any superuser settings correct since you had just unrooted your superuser?

Last edited:

Fractux

Jul 21, 2021
LG G3
One last thing , step two in your post says
2. Unroot using IMAGEPREP2.6 Direct, and then get SuperSU settings correct.
@Ph3ar.

Thanks a million for your reply.

Sorry, a big typo on my part that flew over my head.. I meant root using Image prep, not unroot. Updated that.

Sorry for throwing you in a loop.

I was following the instructions laid out here:

This is a first try. Got the phone second hand. Was picked up with Marshmallow on it.

The only threads I found discussing something similar were these:

Since I'm new to this, the first roadblocks on my phone when I first tried to follow the official lineage OS guide on their site [ https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d852/install ]:
On the D852G
- Bootloader is locked.
- Fastboot is hidden behind laf.img . Removing laf.img gains access to fastboot mode, but I can't get the fastboot command to recognize my device, despite trying a few different drivers that people pointed to.
- ADB commands work fine and I can get in to root shell.

I'm only speaking out of my limited experience, so please let me know if I can do things differently. I talk with ZERO authority here.. lol

In order for me to get TWRP to even load, without the "boot certificate verify" error, I had to use Imageprep to bump my boot.img, and have those KITKAT aboot.img and laf.img's to make the phone vulnerable.
- Could going this route be mucking things up for the recovery image?
- If so, how else am I to get a custom recovery to load on my phone? Just using dd to replace the recovery image will result in "Secure boot" error.

I'd boot into the stock rom and then re-provision or activate the phone.
I can give this a shot to see if it makes a difference.

---
To reference my ongoing phone saga: [ https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...age-primary-block-device-not-present.4309545/ ]

Last edited:

Fractux

Jul 21, 2021
LG G3
@Fractux Maybe just try reflashing your entire device with LGUP or something and start over.

I've tried like 10 times from a fresh re-flash of the lollipop rom, at this point.

/me bangs head against wall. :D

I'm wondering if there's maybe another ROM I can try flashing, other than the stock D852G that will work on the phone as a starting point?

I can't find a working full KitKat .kdz/.tot so far to try on this phone. Many dead links, and no replies to direct messages asking if people had a copy tucked away for the 852G.

I hope to have some time today to plunk around again.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Ph3ar.

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
I've tried like 10 times from a fresh re-flash of the lollipop rom, at this point.

/me bangs head against wall. :D

I'm wondering if there's maybe another ROM I can try flashing, other than the stock D852G that will work on the phone as a starting point?

I can't find a working full KitKat .kdz/.tot so far to try on this phone. Many dead links, and no replies to direct messages asking if people had a copy tucked away for the 852G.

I hope to have some time today to plunk around again.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it.
Sorry for the late reply. Had a super busy day. Let me study on this a bit and do a little reading and then I'll send you a PM tomorrow and work with you. It would be great if someone with the same device could help out . Is this your device and possible Kitkat ? http://lg-roms.com/lg-firmware/lg-g3-lgd852g/v20d/988 also look here http://lg-roms.com/LG-Firmware-List/LGD852G and refer to https://flashstockrom.com/how-to-flash-stock-firmware-on-lg-d852g-g3/ . Also scroll through this for any other links that might help . https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=D852G+kitkat+stock+rom&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 <<<< Seems to be lots of working links for kitkat in these results as well as L. From just a real brief scan of the procedure it looks like they're saying you need that kitKat boot partition to get this done and they seem to indicate you can leave the L on the phone with the KK boot partition but anyway gotta hit the hay. See if you can get the kitkat you need from any of those links.

Last edited:

Fractux

Jul 21, 2021
LG G3
Sorry for the late reply.
Any replies are appreciated, thanks!

Is this your device and possible Kitkat ?
Yep, it's the LGD852G.

Sadly, I've been to almost all those links. I'll check a few more there. I've not had much time today, sadly. On LGROMS, the KITKAT .kdz is a non functioning link sadly, and I wrote to them asking about it, but no reply.

Most of those links in the google search are already purple (I have been scouring.. lol ), but I'll check all of the one's I may not have visited yet. Thanks for that.

My model is from Videotron here, and so for a kit kat Firmware I'm looking at any D852G_V10 XXXXXX.kdz . The ones I've tried from LGD852's just brick the phone sadly (It gets stuck in a bootloop), and so does the only D852G_v10.tot file I've found. I've had to recover from hard bricks several times using BoardDiag.

There is a post here about my phone, but links are all dead, or point to invalid downlaods. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/quebec-lg-g3-d852g-videotron.2970938/ . Now I found a copy of LGD852GAT-01-V10c-302-500-JUL-15-2014+0.tot , but it bricked the phone, and using those aboot.img and laf.img to bump the boot image, still resulted in teh same problem. TWRP just can't see the block device/storage.

So I'm looking for D852G10e hopefully, or another kdz, if I use that old post as a reference.

The problem with TWRP not seeing any storage on the phone happened before the hard bricks, so having to unbrick was not the cause of this current inability to see the phone's storage.

I'll pour through more links and try more as I can, thanks.

---
One thing that hit me when I was unbricking again yesterday after another KitKat attempt, was that the circuit board itself has "D850" etched on it, so maybe I'll try rounds of D850.kdz I can find to see if those work.

At least I know how to unbrick the phone, so I'm not worried about taking the risks. :D

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3
Any replies are appreciated, thanks!

Yep, it's the LGD852G.

Sadly, I've been to almost all those links. I'll check a few more there. I've not had much time today, sadly. On LGROMS, the KITKAT .kdz is a non functioning link sadly, and I wrote to them asking about it, but no reply.

Most of those links in the google search are already purple (I have been scouring.. lol ), but I'll check all of the one's I may not have visited yet. Thanks for that.

My model is from Videotron here, and so for a kit kat Firmware I'm looking at any D852G_V10 XXXXXX.kdz . The ones I've tried from LGD852's just brick the phone sadly (It gets stuck in a bootloop), and so does the only D852G_v10.tot file I've found. I've had to recover from hard bricks several times using BoardDiag.

There is a post here about my phone, but links are all dead, or point to invalid downlaods. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/quebec-lg-g3-d852g-videotron.2970938/ . Now I found a copy of LGD852GAT-01-V10c-302-500-JUL-15-2014+0.tot , but it bricked the phone, and using those aboot.img and laf.img to bump the boot image, still resulted in teh same problem. TWRP just can't see the block device/storage.

So I'm looking for D852G10e hopefully, or another kdz, if I use that old post as a reference.

The problem with TWRP not seeing any storage on the phone happened before the hard bricks, so having to unbrick was not the cause of this current inability to see the phone's storage.

I'll pour through more links and try more as I can, thanks.

---
One thing that hit me when I was unbricking again yesterday after another KitKat attempt, was that the circuit board itself has "D850" etched on it, so maybe I'll try rounds of D850.kdz I can find to see if those work.

At least I know how to unbrick the phone, so I'm not worried about taking the risks. :D
If you're trying D850, I had the most success on my d855 with the stock images from here http://storagecow.eu/?dir=Xda/LG G3/Stock.

Reactions: Fractux and Ph3ar.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
@Fractux
Have tried the official TWRP?

Also, maybe try to mount those partitions from terminal. Easiest way is to adb shell, while in recovery. Best to look up how to use Linux terminal, because that is what it is.

I just started playing with my G3 again, all my new phones, I can't root. So I don't remember much. But I do know if its a data issue and not that the flash memory is failing we should be able to fix it.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
@HardStyl3r
Does LineageOS support f2fs? Or do I have to compile the kernel to support f2fs? If so will there be any issue with VOID and mounting external SD formatted with f2fs?
Also side note, seems no stock phone supports f2fs but Chromebook does. I upgraded from ResurrectionRemix to LineageOS 18.1 and my sdcard stop working. Worked in twrp, but no where else until I put it into my daughters Chromebook.

macgyver77

Jun 8, 2021
@HardStyl3r
I found that upon every reboot the device time was incorrectly falling back to LOS build time (?) until connected to a network and also found that this was caused by a SELinux permission problem with the TimeKeep service, which is used for timesetting since 18.1.
I opened an issue in the official LOS issue tracker here and also proposed a patch for the source tree there. For the time being, I hacked together a flashable package (tested in TWRP 3.5.2) that patches the underlying problem directly on device (see attachment).

Attachments

• rtc-file_context-patch-18.1-d855-dynamic.zip
    769.1 KB · Views: 5
  • rtc-file_context-patch-18.1-d855-static.zip
    779.6 KB · Views: 4

pollopopo

May 19, 2013
hi guys, thanks for the nice rom, it works perfectly and installs without any particular hitches.

A good camera app? I tried the old porting and they don't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V1KTmBM.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

sFC1ljz.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

F2KbTDc.png

If you encounter any issues with sensors or anything related to hardware, please flash stock rom and then a custom one.
    Check the G3 issue tracker and LineageOS issue tracker before installation.
    Clean flash is recommended, here's the procedure:
    • wipe Dalvik cache, /system, /data and /cache.
    • flash latest ROM zip
    • optional: flash Google apps ARM

TK3TVvO.png

Download LineageOS 18.1
    TWRP
    Open GApps ARM BETA BUILDS
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Stock ROM by @MESA
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip - this switches your selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC - debugging, disables adb auth
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 - fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Nh9aiVb.png

Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more info about my projects.

Onx1GCn.png

@dadi11
    @walter79
    @aleasto

DPxaQu8.png

github.com/LineageOS
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources
    local_manifests
    Important: information about open sources from HardStyl3r
    A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
    Enjoy.
    New update. Changelog is in the #2 post.
    If no bugs are reported, I'll push the changes to gerrit and hopefully, we'll get official LineageOS 18.1.
    @HardStyl3r , I flashed the new 18.1 build along with the open test gapps on my LS990 . I have to say it's running great so far. Things I've checked and work fine are data, wifi , telephony, camera( both camera and video) and GPS. All work good without any lag or issue. I also rooted with magisk . Had no problems whatsoever with TWRP either. I went through the whole setup process of entering account and restoring all apps from the cloud. GPS locks in super fast and finds lots of satellites . I tried the first 18.1 build you put out and while most stuff worked I can tell this build is smoother and improved. Thanks for all your efforts .

Warning to all TWRP users ::: . During setup on 18.1 you' must be careful not to check the box offering to update Lineage Recovery . If your on TWRP and you check this box you''ll lose your TWRP .
    Auto update didn't find new version. Attempted a dirty flash of rom only, which resulted in boot loop. Did full wipe, flash rom, bitgaps and magisk and is working very nicely. Thanks HardStyler.

Auto update will not work until the rom eventually goes official.