Yaoundé
Thank you for the ROM

Doesn't boot on LG LS900 (Sprint)
Shows boot animation then reboots

When trying to flash MindTheGapps, il fails saying "Can not mount mnt/system !"

Last edited:

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
@HardStyl3r , Here's the scoop . The rom boots fine on the LS990 . The problem I ran into is I can't get the MindTheGapps to flash at all. I downloaded them twice , tried on twrp 3.4 and 3,5 but they give an error 1 and simply won't flash for me. I went ahead and booted the rom up. It booted smooth and fast. I then downloaded Mindthegapps from last month and tried those. They also wouldn't flash. I can view the zips so I don't think they are corrupt. I then flashed the open gapps 11 test from last month and they flash fine. Rom also boots up fine with them. I've never had an issue flashing gapps in years of testing so I dunno what's wrong. I can say the rom boots up on open gapps just fine and it doesn't take long. There was NO reboot issue for me. Sorry about the wait @HardStyl3r . I must have missed these post and only saw your PM tonight.

@yvesjordan06 Did you clean flash or dirty ? The MindTheGapps did flash for you ? Try a clean flash of the rom without the gapps and see if you can boot. Like I said above t's booting up fast on my LS990 .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ph3ar.

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
Thank you for the ROM

Doesn't boot on LG LS900 (Sprint)
Shows boot animation then reboots

When trying to flash MindTheGapps, il fails saying "Can not mount mnt/system !"
Just realized you couldn't flash those gapps either. If your dirty flashing on 17.1 gapps it might not ever boot. I don't have the link to the Open Gapps 11 Test that was posted last month but if you can find those they do work good. Maybe @HardStyl3r still has the link ?

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
Also discovered magisk 20.4 won't flash either . Gives the same exact error as MindTheGapps . I was however able to flash Magisk 22 without issue and successfully rooted. I'm curious if anyone with the other g3 variants have tried MindTheGapps and or Magisk 20.4 ? Did they flash ok or give Error 1 , cannot mount system ? Thanks for any replies .

Huffos_net

Feb 12, 2021
Good morning, unfortunately I had to go back to 17.1, my LG G3 D855 with LinegaeOs 18.1, started restarting repeatedly and especially when I tried to open the tiktok application and the aliexpress application. I believe it is because of the Gapps. I will wait for LineageOs 18.1 to mature a little more.

turquoise.ht

Apr 21, 2010
Everything is fine. Just gets too hot and reboots on relatively heavy duties like games (brawl stars in my example)

TwizzyDizzy

Feb 7, 2015
Hi there, @HardStyl3r !

thanks for putting in your time to give us 18.1! As for now, I can report flawless operation of 18.1 without Gapps on d855.

Slow / non-existant GPS lock but this seems to be a general issue with that device and does not seem to be related to 18.1.

Cheers & Thanks
Thomas

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210328_143701 gives ERROR:1 during TWRP flash.

Use BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R19_signed.zip instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fHKK-vqLLePk2GZyjsFknBYkwoHD1kSu/view?usp=sharing
Yeah , I had the same problem. The question is why . I assumed it was just a bad script or something with the MindGapps until I flashed it on a galaxy S4 and it flashed and installed without issue.. Something about our twrp/device is having a hiccup when it comes to that zip .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBrGaqk.png

Release notes and changelog | Screenshots

About LineageOS
    LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. It is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without the need to have any Google applications installed.

All supported LG G3 variants: d850, d851, d852, d855, [d856, d857, d858, d858hk, d859] - g3ds, [f400, f400k, f400s, f400l] - f400, ls990, vs985

Features:
    RIL: LTE, Calling + recording, SMS and MMS
    Wi-Fi: Connection to 2.4 and 5 GHz, Wi-Fi Display with audio
    Bluetooth pairing, sharing and audio
    Audio & video playback, streaming and recording
    NFC with Mifare support
    GPS and sensors
    Camera
    Powered on/off and wireless charging
    USB file transfer (MTP) and charging
    USB and Wi-Fi tethering (hotspot)
    Google services and Play Integrity compliant (banking apps and Google Wallet work out of the box)
    Storage encryption and SD Card
    LineageOS recovery with encryption support (not required, but endorsed :))
    LG Quick Circle case support with FlipFlap
    Signature spoofing only for microG

Known issues:
    DRM/Widevine L3: Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. are working and streaming, but the quality is 540p.
    YouTube doesn't show 1440p in video quality options. (newest YouTube ReVanced allows resolution overriding)
    Unstable Slimport HDMI connection
    Quirky 5 GHz Wi-Fi tethering

Won't work:
    VoLTE

Installation steps
    Make sure you're on the correct firmware for your variant.

For OTA, see the post below.
    1. If you're coming from another ROM or performing a clean flash:
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Backup any important data
    • Format Data partition
    • Wipe Dalvik, Cache and System
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash GApps (optional, but can't be flashed after the first boot)
    • Reboot to System
    2. If you're updating the ROM or performing a dirty flash:
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Flash the ROM
    • Wipe Cache
    • Reboot to System
    You might also want to follow LineageOS' installation guide, but make sure to use the correct one for your variant. Link guides to d855's.

Downloads and tutorials
    Download LineageOS 18.1 ROM and Recovery (mega.nz)

Alternative downloads: GitHub releases
    TWRP for LG devices
    Google apps (Notes: first launch with Setup Wizard takes a long time; current TWRPs are incompatible with MindTheGapps)
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Stock ROM by @MESA
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip — this switches your selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC — debugging, disables adb auth
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 — fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Development
    Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more information about my projects.

Sources
    LineageOS GitHub repo
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources
    Heh, long time no see. :p
    I've managed to narrow down every single bug I could find and increase performance wherever applicable.
    LineageOS 20 is work in progress. I just need more time and start off with a clean 18.1 base. I can't fix LineageOS 20 when previous versions were unstable.
    I've swapped download links and updated the main thread.

Thoroughly tested on d855, other variants are built as usual, so I need a lot of feedback. If everything goes well with these builds, I'll try to move back to Official releases with OTA.
    I just wanted to say thank you to HardStyl3r for all the great work that was done to LS990 with LineageOS. The phone just got new life with this ROM.
    And also want to know some news about Android 12 :) Would you concider to port it to LS990? LineageOS 19? :)
    I do plan to release Android 12.
    Can i use this rom for lg g3 US990?
    If it doesn't have msm8974ac, I am afraid you can't.
    A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
    Enjoy.
    OTA installation
    LineageOS updates are full installation packages. That means you can always install only the latest update, even if you skipped some in between.

Performing OTA update on your phone.
    Make sure you have supported recovery installed, such as LineageOS recovery that can be found here in this thread. If there is an update available for your device, click Download and wait for it to complete. You should now see something similar to this:
    XYKT3Xh.png

If you'd like your recovery to be updated alongside your ROM, click on the meatballs menu (right upper corner) and select Preferences as shown on the screenshot:
    4HwlDQl.png

As you can see, there is an Install button. If you are ready to proceed, click it and confirm the dialog by pressing OK as shown:
    SoOoReN.png

Your phone should now be updating. It will reboot to recovery, update the OS and boot back to it.

Update blocked: This update cannot be installed using the updater app. What do I do?
    This means that the update you are trying to install is a newer version of Android than what you have currently installed on your phone. In this case, it needs to be flashed manually on your device, since Updater simply can't update you to a newer version of OS. You get the idea. If you find yourself in this situation, simply follow the second instruction (so-called dirty flash) posted under Installation section in the main thread.