[Android 11/R] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G3 (Unofficial) + OTA + Signature Spoofing

Search This thread

AlexWake

Oct 2, 2021
Hello guys. I have LS 990, and wish to upgrade my Android 4.4 to LineageOS 18.1
Can you tell me please, is there difference in phone speed between 4.4 and LineageOS 18.1
Is it slower or faster after flash? Thank you for reply

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
Hello guys. I have LS 990, and wish to upgrade my Android 4.4 to LineageOS 18.1
Can you tell me please, is there difference in phone speed between 4.4 and LineageOS 18.1
Is it slower or faster after flash? Thank you for reply
I have 3 LS990s. Custom roms in general are much smoother and faster . I've ran every version since kitkat and can't imagine going back. Every new version is like getting a nice new updated LS990.

Reactions: AlexWake

AlexWake

Oct 2, 2021
I just wanted to say thank you to HardStyl3r for all the great work that was done to LS990 with LineageOS. The phone just got new life with this ROM.
And also want to know some news about Android 12 :) Would you concider to port it to LS990? LineageOS 19? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: japanicana83

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3

HardStyl3r

Aug 12, 2015
Poland, Łódź
Nokia X
LG G3

nudist

Oct 19, 2007
could someone clarify a couple of things for me?
- why is there several mentions of intalling this from a stock rom? I have crdroid installed on one of my G3's and it doesn't work well on phone calls and messaging (unless I turn wifi off). can't I just wipe dalvic, cache, data and system and flash the lineage zip, magisk and opengapps?
- I read that you should flash gapps before booting the system. why is this?

Breno Spangler

Oct 29, 2014
Belo Horizonte
Very smooth rom! My only problem is occasionally I have random reboots, any though about the problem?
I had random reboots specially when using apps that use several of the SOC subsystems at the same time (ex: navigation app, banking), my fix? replace the battery, seams that apple wasn't that wrong with the iphone 6 performance regression thing.
The problem is that lithium ion batteries maximum current output decreases with time. So when the phone needs more energy then the battery can output it reboots it self.

Reactions: hteles and haldaios

Breno Spangler

Oct 29, 2014
Belo Horizonte
could someone clarify a couple of things for me?
- why is there several mentions of intalling this from a stock rom? I have crdroid installed on one of my G3's and it doesn't work well on phone calls and messaging (unless I turn wifi off). can't I just wipe dalvic, cache, data and system and flash the lineage zip, magisk and opengapps?
- I read that you should flash gapps before booting the system. why is this?
The thing is that most custom ROMs modify or use different partitions, so you can try install over one but results may not be stable. I for one did both on lineage 17 comming from a ASOP ROM and had a much better experience with stock as the base system. I know that is more work to go back to stock and reroot but it is worth it.

About the gapps... I don't know... just did it...

nudist

Oct 19, 2007
Thank you Breno.
I really like this ROM. i'm running 12/03 nightly version, which seems to fix the problems I had with the 11/05 version (ringtone, wallpaper, etc)
what I am wondering is, is there and easy way to install the new "nightly"s, or do you have to wipe everything, install the ROM, gapps, and magisk each time? and of course, make your custom settings...
I have a D851.
I don't think there is very much activity on this thread, but this is a VERY good ROM!

hepon38147

Dec 29, 2021
Thank you for your great work.microphone doesn't work on whatsapp when i try to record audio.Even though I gave him permission.and he work fine on others apps

AlexWake

Oct 2, 2021
Hello guys. I can't enter Recovery mode on my LS990
Now I'm on LineageOS 18.1 (2021-12-17) I want to upgrade to 2021-12-31 update. I downloaded it on my phone. Click Install, it says that it will reboot to recovery mode. Phone reboot, but only this signs on black screen:
[700] Fastboot mode started
[790] - reset -
[790] - portcharge -
And nothing happens.. I waited 20-25 minutes. Pressed power button, volume buttons and nothing.
Than took out the battery and phone booted to OS

Last edited:

0dyzeus

Jan 18, 2022
Hello, does anyone know if the slimport is operational on this rom?
I would like to know before I buy a slimport adapter, should any adapter of this kind could work?
Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBrGaqk.png

Release notes and changelog | Screenshots

About LineageOS
    LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. It is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without the need to have any Google applications installed.

All supported LG G3 variants: d850, d851, d852, d855, [d856, d857, d858, d858hk, d859] - g3ds, [f400, f400k, f400s, f400l] - f400, ls990, vs985

Features:
    RIL: LTE, Calling + recording, SMS and MMS
    Wi-Fi: Connection to 2.4 and 5 GHz, Wi-Fi Display with audio
    Bluetooth pairing, sharing and audio
    Audio & video playback, streaming and recording
    NFC with Mifare support
    GPS and sensors
    Camera
    Powered on/off and wireless charging
    USB file transfer (MTP) and charging
    USB and Wi-Fi tethering (hotspot)
    Google services and Play Integrity compliant (banking apps and Google Wallet work out of the box)
    Storage encryption and SD Card
    LineageOS recovery with encryption support (not required, but endorsed :))
    LG Quick Circle case support with FlipFlap
    Signature spoofing only for microG

Known issues:
    DRM/Widevine L3: Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. are working and streaming, but the quality is 540p.
    YouTube doesn't show 1440p in video quality options. (newest YouTube ReVanced allows resolution overriding)
    Unstable Slimport HDMI connection
    Quirky 5 GHz Wi-Fi tethering

Won't work:
    VoLTE

Installation steps
    Make sure you're on the correct firmware for your variant.

For OTA, see the post below.
    1. If you're coming from another ROM or performing a clean flash:
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Backup any important data
    • Format Data partition
    • Wipe Dalvik, Cache and System
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash GApps (optional, but can't be flashed after the first boot)
    • Reboot to System
    2. If you're updating the ROM or performing a dirty flash:
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Flash the ROM
    • Wipe Cache
    • Reboot to System
    You might also want to follow LineageOS' installation guide, but make sure to use the correct one for your variant. Link guides to d855's.

Downloads and tutorials
    Download LineageOS 18.1 ROM and Recovery (mega.nz)

Alternative downloads: GitHub releases
    TWRP for LG devices
    Google apps (Notes: first launch with Setup Wizard takes a long time; current TWRPs are incompatible with MindTheGapps)
    Rooting your phone by Linus Tech Tips
    Stock ROM by @MESA
    3__HacerPermisivo.zip — this switches your selinux to permissive
    bootimage_adb_unsecure by @AdrianDC — debugging, disables adb auth
    Mr_Bump.zip by @dadi11 — fix for Secure booting error (boot certification verify)

Development
    Join G3 development channel on Telegram to get more information about my projects.

Sources
    LineageOS GitHub repo
    github.com/itsHardStyl3r
    device and kernel sources
    Heh, long time no see. :p
    I've managed to narrow down every single bug I could find and increase performance wherever applicable.
    LineageOS 20 is work in progress. I just need more time and start off with a clean 18.1 base. I can't fix LineageOS 20 when previous versions were unstable.
    I've swapped download links and updated the main thread.

Thoroughly tested on d855, other variants are built as usual, so I need a lot of feedback. If everything goes well with these builds, I'll try to move back to Official releases with OTA.
    I just wanted to say thank you to HardStyl3r for all the great work that was done to LS990 with LineageOS. The phone just got new life with this ROM.
    And also want to know some news about Android 12 :) Would you concider to port it to LS990? LineageOS 19? :)
    I do plan to release Android 12.
    Can i use this rom for lg g3 US990?
    If it doesn't have msm8974ac, I am afraid you can't.
    A new update (for a short while) before we'll have official builds. Once the builds are available to download, I'll convert this thread to Official and close 17.1.
    Enjoy.
    OTA installation
    LineageOS updates are full installation packages. That means you can always install only the latest update, even if you skipped some in between.

Performing OTA update on your phone.
    Make sure you have supported recovery installed, such as LineageOS recovery that can be found here in this thread. If there is an update available for your device, click Download and wait for it to complete. You should now see something similar to this:
    XYKT3Xh.png

If you'd like your recovery to be updated alongside your ROM, click on the meatballs menu (right upper corner) and select Preferences as shown on the screenshot:
    4HwlDQl.png

As you can see, there is an Install button. If you are ready to proceed, click it and confirm the dialog by pressing OK as shown:
    SoOoReN.png

Your phone should now be updating. It will reboot to recovery, update the OS and boot back to it.

Update blocked: This update cannot be installed using the updater app. What do I do?
    This means that the update you are trying to install is a newer version of Android than what you have currently installed on your phone. In this case, it needs to be flashed manually on your device, since Updater simply can't update you to a newer version of OS. You get the idea. If you find yourself in this situation, simply follow the second instruction (so-called dirty flash) posted under Installation section in the main thread.