[ROM][OFFICIAL][discovery][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
[ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261769960 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
Code:
for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
unzip boot.zip -d boot
2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
- boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
5. Turn off your phone, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and blue LED lit.
6. Enter this command: `fastboot getvar current-slot`, it should return something like this:
current-slot: _b
Finished. Total time: 0.001s
7. Now switch to the opposite slot by entering command: `fastboot set_active a` if the current slot is `_b` or `fastboot set_active b` if its `_a`, you should see this:
Setting current slot to 'a'...
OKAY [ 0.012s]
Finished. Total time: 0.014s
or
Setting current slot to 'b'...
OKAY [ 0.012s]
8. Unplug usb cable and repeat steps: 3, 4
9. Profit?

Reactions: Yndi

nenggandexiaohuo

Oct 12, 2020
banbenggengxin

Hello, I started to use this ROM for my H4233 on October 1st. At present, I mainly use the WeChat camera and there will be problems. Seeing that the download address has been updated to the 20201011 version, can I post a change log on this page after the version is updated? Thanks for the above from Google Translate
你好 我10月1日左右开始给我的H4233 使用该ROM 目前主要是使用微信相机会有问题,看到下载地址已经更新到了20201011版本能否在版本更新后在该页面 发布一个更新日志呢 ,谢谢

layalala

Jun 18, 2019
ok, forget it, it was the problem of the internal recovery of LOS. It shows the sideload, but it has strange effects, or no effect. With TWRP it works. But now i try E os :D

maxis123

Jan 2, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
found nikgapps .
but theres another problem
after wiping everything from recovery, installing gapps - it boots in OS everything is okay, then I install magisk (21.00) from recovery but I cant boot anymore, I get bootloop?
Any ideas please?

lonewolfbtown

Jun 28, 2017
Phoenix
found nikgapps .
but theres another problem
after wiping everything from recovery, installing gapps - it boots in OS everything is okay, then I install magisk (21.00) from recovery but I cant boot anymore, I get bootloop?
Any ideas please?

yeah you need a modded version for 11. Theres a modded magisk floating around the oneplus 7 pro forums somehwere

Alireza3

Nov 5, 2020
I upgraded my phone H3223 from Android 9 to this version. Using TWRP. Before update I applied Sony AOSP 11 https://developer.sony.com/file/download/software-binaries-for-aosp-android-11-0-kernel-4-14-nile/
I used NIKgapp.

I didn't wipe my data , after installing this version and NIKgapp , I rebooted and I have version lineage_discovery-userdebug 11 RQ1A.201205.008 eng.luk.20201212.191949 dev-keys

All existing apps are working after update.

Camera is working , only problem that I have is microphone . Randomly mic is so low or does not work for some applications. I have to reboot to fix this and this problem happens everyday.
Also up and down audio volume keys sometime donot work .
I noticed after upgrade to this Android version I have a program called AudioFX . I turn it off and on but the problem with microphone happens .

layalala

Jun 18, 2019
Hi!
I installed LOS 18.1 on my sony XA2 ultra H4213, but i have the following problems that i could not solve, even after deleting the cache:

- no sound for media (videos, music, telegram ...) the rest of the sound works well (buzzer, call ...)
- and all videos stuck.

Do somebody has an idea?
Thanks!

layalala

Jun 18, 2019
I reflashed android pie and the sound / videos work well again, but i can not install LOS now :D
no possibility to get to recovery mode and no fastboot drivers for the H4213. I even forgot how could I install it in the past... maby the recovery mode was working.

AndreyAleks

Sep 14, 2019
HowTo upgrade from 17.1 (make sure your computer has working "adb" (setup instructions can be found here):
1. Download the latest Lineage build and Lineage recovery from here. Optional, if you need Google apps, it can be obtained from here.
2. Run "adb reboot sideload"
3. Run "adb sideload /path/to/zip" (inserting the path to your LineageOS package).
4. If you need Google apps: Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery -> [when the device reboots] -> Apply Update -> Apply from ADB, then sideload gapps "adb sideload /path/to/zip". Reboot.
5. Start your device with new installed LineageOS, set the minimal startup settings. Open developer options (to unlock it: "Settings" -> "About phone" -> tap 7 times on "Build number") and enable ADB interface ("Settings" -> "System" -> "Developer options" -> "Android debugging").
6. Download Magisk from here, and install it "adb install Magisk.apk" (replace Magisk.apk with the appropriate filename).
7. Copy Lineage recovery file to your device (for example, to the Download folder).
8. Open Magisk app on the device and tap "Install" button in the Magisk card. Choose “Select and Patch a File” in method, and select the Lineage recovery file you copied previous step.
9. The Magisk app will patch the image to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img
10. Copy the patched image to your PC with ADB "adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img"
11. Power off device. With the device powered off, hold "Volume Up" and connect the USB cable - the notification light should turn blue (you are in the 'fastboot mode').
12. Flash patched image "fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk_patched.img". Reboot.
13. Open Magisk app and enable 'MagiskHide'.
14. ...
15. You have root and Google's SafetyNet passes.

Last edited:

Vlackrs

Nov 23, 2011
Strong
Sony XA2 Ultra
What is your--
LineageOS version: lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-discovery-
LineageOS Download url:https://download.lineageos.org/discovery/changes/#!
Gapps version: NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20210404-signed

Did you--
wipe: fresh install
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
a task killer:no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: no

Navigation with gesture is bugged, has dead touch on the edges of the screen

hsuh

May 17, 2018
Just upgraded from 17.1. Looks fine, everything working to this moment. Good job man, thanks for the hard work!

AndreyAleks

Sep 14, 2019

LuK1337, update the #2​

It's mandatory to remove simlock.ta file. Earlier, Newflasher did ignore (didn't flash) that file automatically. As for now - it doesn't. I just flashed my phone by your guide and now I have phone, which doesn't see simcards :(
I can't even imagine what to do now ...

AndreyAleks

Sep 14, 2019

LuK1337, update the #2​

It's mandatory to remove simlock.ta file. Earlier, Newflasher did ignore (didn't flash) that file automatically. As for now - it doesn't. I just flashed my phone by your guide and now I have phone, which doesn't see simcards :(
I can't even imagine what to do now ...
False alarm. The simlock.ta is ignored just as earlier (details here). I've flashed whole stock firmware and simcards are working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    [ protip: 20191010+ builds require 50.2 FW (at least bluetooth, dsp, modem from it) If you're still running 50.1 you can flash this package in TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261769960 unless you're fine with having partially broken audio and broken Egistec fingerprint sensor ;3 ]

However if you want to flash whole firmware package onto both slots, you can follow the guide below:

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - boot_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Turn off your phone, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and blue LED lit.
    6. Enter this command: `fastboot getvar current-slot`, it should return something like this:
    current-slot: _b
    Finished. Total time: 0.001s
    7. Now switch to the opposite slot by entering command: `fastboot set_active a` if the current slot is `_b` or `fastboot set_active b` if its `_a`, you should see this:
    Setting current slot to 'a'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    or
    Setting current slot to 'b'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    8. Unplug usb cable and repeat steps: 3, 4
    9. Profit?
    so i installed it, but it shows me LOS 17.1 and not 18.1.. whats the point?? :)
    Wonderful work thanks
    i upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1
    first flash twrp in fastboot wiping data + cash

fastboot flash oem_a SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v4b_nile.img
    fastboot flash oem_b SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v4b_nile.img

in twrp flash rom then gapps reboot
    then flash Magisk canary update direct install done

for download Magisk canary
    You don't need to flash oem image.
    Any way to fix the bootloop after every update?
    Not using Nikgapps would likely help.