[ROM][OFFICIAL][discovery][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
  • IMS
Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][discovery][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
Last Updated 2019-05-10

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
How to flash latest firmware

[ protip: Currently Lineage builds depend on latest 8.0 firmware (50.1.A.13.123), they will not boot up on 50.2.A.0.* or newer ]

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
Code:
for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
unzip boot.zip -d boot
2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
- kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
- userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
- vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
5. Turn off your phone, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and blue LED lit.
6. Enter this command: `fastboot getvar current-slot`, it should return something like this:
current-slot: _b
Finished. Total time: 0.001s
7. Now switch to the opposite slot by entering command: `fastboot set_active a` if the current slot is `_b` or `fastboot set_active b` if its `_a`, you should see this:
Setting current slot to 'a'...
OKAY [ 0.012s]
Finished. Total time: 0.014s
or
Setting current slot to 'b'...
OKAY [ 0.012s]
8. Unplug usb cable and repeat steps: 3, 4
9. Profit?

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I installed the ROM and had everything work but it won't read my SD card. If I go into recovery I can view my SD card and files but when I am on the phone it can't read it

Pull a kernel log (adb shell dmesg after adb root).
[ actually I think i know what it's caused by, add me on hangouts/discord whenever it's not 4am in my timezone ]

Last edited:
Reactions: HaxUrMom69

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
If someone wants to be helpful, let me know if flashing this kernel https://kremowka.xyz/files/b767d5e5d4817b0530914d929f7611d315afd233.img ( fastboot flash boot b767d5e5d4817b0530914d929f7611d315afd233.img ; fastboot reboot ) fixes external sdcard ^.^
Once I get a confirmation that it actually fixes the issue I'll merge changes in repos and next official build will have working ext SD.

[ someone else already confirmed it works thus I merged required change ]

Last edited:

HaxUrMom69

Jan 4, 2015
If someone wants to be helpful, let me know if flashing this kernel https://kremowka.xyz/files/b767d5e5d4817b0530914d929f7611d315afd233.img ( fastboot flash boot b767d5e5d4817b0530914d929f7611d315afd233.img ; fastboot reboot ) fixes external sdcard ^.^
Once I get a confirmation that it actually fixes the issue I'll merge changes in repos and next official build will have working ext SD.

Can it be flashed from internal storage or do I need a working SD card to flash i

Edit: sorry Im retarded I flashed it and now it reads my SD card. Thank you for this fix :cowboy:. I was still trying to figure out how to pull a log for you

Last edited:

Ricktor

Nov 11, 2018
Windows 8 mobile? LOL I'll wait for the external storage fix, possibly linage 16 release. Hopefully we can format as internal since the stock Sony ROM can't.

dani020110

Mar 30, 2015
Lima
Windows 8 mobile? LOL I'll wait for the external storage fix, possibly linage 16 release. Hopefully we can format as internal since the stock Sony ROM can't.

You can flash the boot image located a few posts before for the external storage fix, I'm sure it will come officially in the next build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • IMS
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][discovery][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
    Last Updated 2019-05-10
    How to flash latest firmware

[ protip: Currently Lineage builds depend on latest 8.0 firmware (50.1.A.13.123), they will not boot up on 50.2.A.0.* or newer ]

1. Download latest firmware with XperiFirm.
    NOTE: When using mono XperiFirm will fail to unpack the firmware, you can do it manually using following commands:
    Code:
    for f in FILE_*; do unzip $f; done
    unzip boot.zip -d boot
    2. Go to the directory where the firmware got downloaded to and remove following files:
    - kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - kernel_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - persist_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_other_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - system_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    - userdata_X-FLASH-CUST-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE_0x00.hash
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-18AE.sin
    - vendor_X-FLASH-ALL-9B8D_0x00.hash
    3. Turn off your phone, hold vol dn and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and green LED lit.
    4. Run Newflasher, it'll flash entire FW to your current slot then unplug the USB cable and power on your phone.
    5. Turn off your phone, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable, the screen should be off and blue LED lit.
    6. Enter this command: `fastboot getvar current-slot`, it should return something like this:
    current-slot: _b
    Finished. Total time: 0.001s
    7. Now switch to the opposite slot by entering command: `fastboot set_active a` if the current slot is `_b` or `fastboot set_active b` if its `_a`, you should see this:
    Setting current slot to 'a'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    or
    Setting current slot to 'b'...
    OKAY [ 0.012s]
    8. Unplug usb cable and repeat steps: 3, 4
    9. Profit?
    this device will be upgrad to pie?.
    By the way tnx for hard work.
    I could release 16.0 builds too but I'm being lazy for time being.
    I don't like "persistent" twrp on A/B devices thus I'm not doing it.
    ( also I'm not getting paid for doing your work so if you really need it then figure it out yourself. )

Well, no need for the bad-tempered reply.

I have donated several times to Lineage and maybe I'll have to consider sending you directly the receipts before asking you a question so you at least are polite when you talk to someone ? Which is what I was doing, asking for information, and not requesting anything at all.

I run my own custom built rom, thanks. But we have a team using Lineage, thus I was wondering and thought I'd ask in this thread.

Since there seems to be no other developer for Lineage for this device, I guess we'll look into something else. Thank you for the snark.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone