ROM[OFFICIAL][enchilada][10.0]**crDroid**[V6.16]

Search This thread

Neil_Armstrong_

Jan 23, 2014
Nantes
Why are we obsolete ?

Despite the huge amount of features, there are still several missing.
(Take example on Blissrom, it's the most complete rom for Enchilada)

I respect the rom policy on feature adding whatever it is

It's still a pleasure to flash and try crDroid as it's stable and reliable, but in terms of features, it's not a daily driver imo

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Despite the huge amount of features, there are still several missing.
(Take example on Blissrom, it's the most complete rom for Enchilada)

I respect the rom policy on feature adding whatever it is

It's still a pleasure to flash and try crDroid as it's stable and reliable, but in terms of features, it's not a daily driver imo
So that's why we don't have every feature, stability is our first concern

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

mnemesis

Feb 20, 2017
Hey guys, I'm using version 4.14.174 with BlissROM and while they are about to roll out Bliss v12.6, I don't know if the kernel version will change or anything. I really don't know much about Kernels other than it is the software layer that allows software to use the hardware. That being said I'm posting here because I'm curious if this Kernel supports DriveDroid? If not is there is a way to get it working through Magisk, so I don't have to try and flash a different Kernel?

Vivekvlr771

Jun 22, 2016
OnePlus 6
Getting this notification in the latest build. And cannot hide this thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200518-150130.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-150130.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 492
Reactions: WhaleYoung

dreamwhite

Oct 28, 2019
Hi there, I'm planning to install crDroid on my OnePlus 6T (Fajita codename). What's not working with the ROM?
Also I've read about TWRP. Today I've tested Mauronofrio TWRP recovery for Fajita and it's booting (so I think it will surely work also with flashing and wiping). I'm running latest OOS10.3.3 version. Can I flash crDroid v.6.6? Thanks ❤️

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got PM'd some questions, but I'm going to paste the questions & my answers here for the benefit of the entire class:
    _____

Hello,

Sorry if I hope you don't mind i'm contacting you through private message ...

I'm looking at CrDroid with interest for my OnePlus6 (actually running OmniRom with microG)

But I wonder ... Should I go direct for CrDroid 7 or for CrDroid 6 and wait for CrDroid 7 to be more "stable" (I guess when OnePlus will release Oxygen11 for OP6 ans Vendor will be available).

Is there's still OTA for CrDroid 6 ? Security Patch ?

If I go for CrDroid 6 will it be easy to upgrade for CrDroid 7 or will I have to do a clean install ?

By advance, thanks for your answers !

Regards,
    I don't mind, although I'll copy & paste this info into the crDroid6 thread so everyone can learn the answers and maybe it'll be useful information to help someone else make decisions as well.

Honestly, there are days where I have no idea why I'm bothering with trying to bring up crDroid7 (Android 11) for our devices. It's a collossal pain in the ass. Things that used to work because they were part of the framework (i.e. available due to the actual crDroid ROM devs) had to get removed because it doesn't work correctly in 11 any longer. And the kernel itself doesn't support a lot of the pieces because the official LineageOS maintainer didn't redo years' worth of work to re-do modifications to the LOS kernel when the OxygenOS Q kernel sources dropped -- and I don't blame him! he's busy with four or five newer OnePlus devices to maintain and fix all the crappy stuff in the OnePlus kernel sources for those devices now; that's a boatload of work. At least sm8250 (OP8 series) even HAS Android 11 source available; OP7 wouldn't compile and they pulled the A11 beta program; I don't think we'll be seeing an OOS A11 release for enchilada/fajita for a loooong time yet.

There are no official lineage-18.1 based device trees that actually compile, without going to their gerrit and pulling unmerged bringup hacks that aren't official yet, and a lot of it is just beyond my ability. I don't know much about fixing a broken DT or converting between LineageOS & Omni & AOSP conventions to make things work or changing HALs or so forth.

None of that is to mention the absolute flaming pile of poop that Google itself is responsible for forcing on everyone in Android 11, in forcing Scoped Storage and Storage Access Framework on us. Even on a Pixel with first-party tools, file access is dog slow, and no real security benefits. File managers like Mixplorer and backup/restore solutions like Titanium Backup and SwiftBackup are all boned because even with root, they aren't able to restore files to another app's private /sdcard/Android/data/ dir in a way that's readable by the app you're trying to restore data for.

There are days where I almost talk myself into giving up on working on A11 builds, and just doing small tweaks & merging monthly security updates for crDroid6 (Android 10). I'm not a dev, this is never going to be on the level of PiXeN-OS unless drpradsms decides to take over maintaining for me (fat chance).
    So we have fewer working features on crDroid7 than we did on crDroid6 right now, and all the challenges of Android 11 file access shenanigans.

That said, it's still a stable daily driver, battery life is good, and hopefully things will improve slowly but surely.

Alternatively, the crDroid devs are still merging monthly Android Security Bulletins into the crDroid6 trees, and I'm doing blind builds of those (not gonna flash back & forth to test them both, sorry) and releasing them with the device trees just as they were when Max stopped maintaining (so inline twrp, but it's older, but it works).

I honestly don't know how well it works to dirty flash update from crDroid6 to 7. Someone said it worked pretty well for them, but you're likely to want to clean flash at that point anyway just to be on the safe side. I mean, it's a major Android version change. At the minimum you'd want to still do all the work to back up your important data, remove any PIN/pattern/fingerprints (so Device Protection gets disabled), make sure you're on the latest underlying OOS (10.3.9 as of this writing) & TWRP & magisk (so dirty flash latest crDroid6 with all that), before trying to make the jump. And it still might not work well.

crDroid6 isn't being actively SUPPORTED per se, like; I'd be relying on users to make bug reports & test builds, and I have very little free time to work on crDroid7 as it is. But it's also relatively mature, the DTs work there, and I'll keep building it as long as they keep merging monthly security updates. You might even get a couple surprise new features ROM-side as the devs work on things.

It's pretty solid either way, and one of the only ROMs for enchilada/fajita that actively supports microG usage (yes to package signature spoofing, no to built-in GApps) with halfway-decent customization & functionality. If it helps with your decision-making, I should be releasing an April update within a week that, I'm hoping, will bring back the DeviceSettings functionality ("OnePlus Settings") we've been missing for months & months now in crDroid7.

Cheers,
    Jordan ("Terminator J on the wheels of steel!")
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features

First time installing crDroid to your Op6, or coming from another ROM:
    - Be on the latest stable firmware
    - Flash it to both slots
    - Disable your screenlocks
    - Make sure you're running latest TWRP
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your internal storage
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe data and dalvik
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash TWRP zip
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot system
    - Setup Rom
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash Magisk zip
    - Reboot system

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock crDroid-kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid Website

Telegram Oneplus6/6t group

Source Code Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM[OFFICIAL][enchilada][10.0]**crDroid**[V6.13], ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    MaWalla99, neobuddy89, gwolfu
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Testing
    Current Stable Version: 6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-18