ROM[OFFICIAL][enchilada][10.0]**crDroid**[V6.16]

Search This thread

rionline

Oct 15, 2005
Thank you very much.
What is the best way to update? I am asking because after a simple update i had to reinstall gapps and even afterwards i needed to reinstall most googleapps from play store. And now there are still issues with missing notification. Any advice?

Update: Hmm...since the middle of the day i have screen flickering. Could it be Kernel related or is my hardware broken? I

Update 2: I reinstalled, did a clean install, everything worked. Yesterday evening i was driving, started android auto and the flickering was beginning. I tried annother kernel, still flickering. There was no issues with the previous version of crdroid. I depend on android auto and call recording. Tried android auto again in the morning. After about 60 seconds it started again. Maybe i am mistaken... but the issues correlates with the usage of android auto.

Last edited:

Wannajmi03

May 6, 2019
Now that all the foolishness around the release of Q is over, this works. Well. Gives you a Lineage base but with actual customization options, and doesn't require GApps (or worse yet, include them built-in). Doesn't swallow gamepad button B. Has wireguard in kernel. Great battery for me.
Do recommend.
Did this rom has fnatic mode?

rodovict

Jun 16, 2018
First of all, big thanks to the team for this ROM, it seems quite good so far.
I would like to ask though, what kind of GAPPS are integrated in the ROM. I actually prefer a completely de-googled ROM.
Also, what is the integrated camera.
Thanks again.

There aren't gapps integrated. If you want gapps, you'll need to install them. I came back to crdroid specifically for that reason, because I realized that since I hadn't been playing pokemon go for over a year, nothing I actually used the phone for required google play services.

The included camera is a gcam port, however, so if you want it to work, you'll need to install at least microg gms core (literally just install it as a user app from f-droid, don't need to configure anything or sign in; I have it restricted from background battery use and data disabled) in order to pass the "is there google on this device", otherwise it will FC on launch. Be aware that gms-aware apps may start misbehaving if you install microg AFTER you've installed & configured them, so if you want to use anything other than opencam, you should install f-droid then microg core right away before anything else. I love gcam's HDR+ (my favorite is mjl minilux with the juan-all XML, but the urynx ports are solid too), so that's what I did. If you don't want it and will just stick with opencam or something, then you don't need anything google at all.
Be aware that without gapps, you get no gesture typing (or almost worse, you're stuck with anysoftkeyboard) and no TTS engine (it doesn't come with picotts for some reason). If you're interested in a magisk module that inserts the libjni-latinimegoogle.so plugin & links into the correct directories to allow gesture typing with AOSP keyboard, hit me up. If you want you can install the google TTS engine if desired, download voices, then disable data use.
Been running a few weeks now with no google play services; all my important/work stuff is either in K-9 email or using microsoft onedrive & office apps or signal/slack/discord/telegram. Battery life is much better.
Just today however I heaved a heavy sigh and reinstalled waze via the aurora store because I need the traffic information for drive times/routing when I'm working. Osmand~ having no live traffic might work fine if you are privileged enough to live in a civilized nation with adequate public transit or bicycle friendly cities and have a job with a set schedule during normal working hours, but around Seattle in the US where most people can only afford to live an hour or two away from where their work is & have to drive, no traffic info or intelligent route modification based on traffic flow for driving is useless.

rodovict

Jun 16, 2018
I really thank you for the comprehensive explanation Terminator.

Actually I was using LOS previously, with a couple of GCam ports and F-Droid MicroG-GMS. I was surprised seeing CR-Droid having a GCam port (that it seemed to me Urnyx05 port, although I could be wrong, cuz I haven't double checked it). It made me wonder what kind of GAPPS or GMS were built-in to enable the GCam port. This was actually were my question was coming from. I am though happy reading that there is not any GAPPS despite the GCam port is fully functional out of the box.

It is a love-hate relationship what I have with Google. And I am happy enough with google apps as far as I can block them (network and background). Actually, Gboard works good enough in this way. Including sharing its TTS engine with AOSP keyboard. And GCam is an amazing app.

Personally, I think that OSMAND is good enough. Occasionally, miss some kind of traffic information. But, the fact is that, because everyone seems to be using the same kind of traffic information, any congestion moves very fast to were it seems to be free at any given moment. And, at the end of the day, I am not completely sure, if today, is better having traffic information, or not. This could be a long topic :eek:). K9 or Fairmail are good for emails. Jabber/conversations are my main driver for messaging. TelegramFOSS/Whatsapp are in the work profile hibernating most of the time.

Daaavid84

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you for the new build with the August patch!
Unfortunately in this one it seems like I'm not able to deactivate the music visualizer on the lock screen, it's on by default. I would love to turn that off.
Besides that I'd like to have the option to go to the app info directly without having the info card and then having to press "More".
Other than that this is a great rom, thank you for that.

tomasz-c

Sep 25, 2020
At the beginning I wanted to thank you for this great ROM.

Would there be a chance to add a feature?:
- DC Dimming
- Smart charging

Additionally, on OnePlus6 on crDroid 6.10 (I didn't use before) I had a problem with delaying SMS notification.
I use the standard Messages application, without installing Gapps and without microG.
I solved it in the way described on the page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/dpk7v4/messaging_notification_delay_the_fix_is_in_the/

The delay was big, several dozen minutes or even several hours (without using the phone). I don't know if others don't have this problem or have not noticed it, or it doesn't occur after installing Gapps. Maybe we could confirm and fix this bug in future versions.

Regards

MaWalla99

Jan 21, 2018
Berlin
I just downloaded from source forge net.

Sorry but I had to take the build down again...
There is a really good chance that its broken, not allowing you to start.

If you still wanna try it I'd love to hear feedback.

Apart from that a build where I can be sure that it works for enchilada too will be up ASAP (but only in a few hours)

sschacko

Feb 7, 2015
Sorry but I had to take the build down again...
There is a really good chance that its broken, not allowing you to start.

If you still wanna try it I'd love to hear feedback.

Apart from that a build where I can be sure that it works for enchilada too will be up ASAP (but only in a few hours)
I just tried and downloaded from the original site. I'm not yet tried to flash. More over it has 731mb too where as previous version 639 mb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got PM'd some questions, but I'm going to paste the questions & my answers here for the benefit of the entire class:
    _____

Hello,

Sorry if I hope you don't mind i'm contacting you through private message ...

I'm looking at CrDroid with interest for my OnePlus6 (actually running OmniRom with microG)

But I wonder ... Should I go direct for CrDroid 7 or for CrDroid 6 and wait for CrDroid 7 to be more "stable" (I guess when OnePlus will release Oxygen11 for OP6 ans Vendor will be available).

Is there's still OTA for CrDroid 6 ? Security Patch ?

If I go for CrDroid 6 will it be easy to upgrade for CrDroid 7 or will I have to do a clean install ?

By advance, thanks for your answers !

Regards,
    I don't mind, although I'll copy & paste this info into the crDroid6 thread so everyone can learn the answers and maybe it'll be useful information to help someone else make decisions as well.

Honestly, there are days where I have no idea why I'm bothering with trying to bring up crDroid7 (Android 11) for our devices. It's a collossal pain in the ass. Things that used to work because they were part of the framework (i.e. available due to the actual crDroid ROM devs) had to get removed because it doesn't work correctly in 11 any longer. And the kernel itself doesn't support a lot of the pieces because the official LineageOS maintainer didn't redo years' worth of work to re-do modifications to the LOS kernel when the OxygenOS Q kernel sources dropped -- and I don't blame him! he's busy with four or five newer OnePlus devices to maintain and fix all the crappy stuff in the OnePlus kernel sources for those devices now; that's a boatload of work. At least sm8250 (OP8 series) even HAS Android 11 source available; OP7 wouldn't compile and they pulled the A11 beta program; I don't think we'll be seeing an OOS A11 release for enchilada/fajita for a loooong time yet.

There are no official lineage-18.1 based device trees that actually compile, without going to their gerrit and pulling unmerged bringup hacks that aren't official yet, and a lot of it is just beyond my ability. I don't know much about fixing a broken DT or converting between LineageOS & Omni & AOSP conventions to make things work or changing HALs or so forth.

None of that is to mention the absolute flaming pile of poop that Google itself is responsible for forcing on everyone in Android 11, in forcing Scoped Storage and Storage Access Framework on us. Even on a Pixel with first-party tools, file access is dog slow, and no real security benefits. File managers like Mixplorer and backup/restore solutions like Titanium Backup and SwiftBackup are all boned because even with root, they aren't able to restore files to another app's private /sdcard/Android/data/ dir in a way that's readable by the app you're trying to restore data for.

There are days where I almost talk myself into giving up on working on A11 builds, and just doing small tweaks & merging monthly security updates for crDroid6 (Android 10). I'm not a dev, this is never going to be on the level of PiXeN-OS unless drpradsms decides to take over maintaining for me (fat chance).
    So we have fewer working features on crDroid7 than we did on crDroid6 right now, and all the challenges of Android 11 file access shenanigans.

That said, it's still a stable daily driver, battery life is good, and hopefully things will improve slowly but surely.

Alternatively, the crDroid devs are still merging monthly Android Security Bulletins into the crDroid6 trees, and I'm doing blind builds of those (not gonna flash back & forth to test them both, sorry) and releasing them with the device trees just as they were when Max stopped maintaining (so inline twrp, but it's older, but it works).

I honestly don't know how well it works to dirty flash update from crDroid6 to 7. Someone said it worked pretty well for them, but you're likely to want to clean flash at that point anyway just to be on the safe side. I mean, it's a major Android version change. At the minimum you'd want to still do all the work to back up your important data, remove any PIN/pattern/fingerprints (so Device Protection gets disabled), make sure you're on the latest underlying OOS (10.3.9 as of this writing) & TWRP & magisk (so dirty flash latest crDroid6 with all that), before trying to make the jump. And it still might not work well.

crDroid6 isn't being actively SUPPORTED per se, like; I'd be relying on users to make bug reports & test builds, and I have very little free time to work on crDroid7 as it is. But it's also relatively mature, the DTs work there, and I'll keep building it as long as they keep merging monthly security updates. You might even get a couple surprise new features ROM-side as the devs work on things.

It's pretty solid either way, and one of the only ROMs for enchilada/fajita that actively supports microG usage (yes to package signature spoofing, no to built-in GApps) with halfway-decent customization & functionality. If it helps with your decision-making, I should be releasing an April update within a week that, I'm hoping, will bring back the DeviceSettings functionality ("OnePlus Settings") we've been missing for months & months now in crDroid7.

Cheers,
    Jordan ("Terminator J on the wheels of steel!")
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features

First time installing crDroid to your Op6, or coming from another ROM:
    - Be on the latest stable firmware
    - Flash it to both slots
    - Disable your screenlocks
    - Make sure you're running latest TWRP
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your internal storage
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe data and dalvik
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash TWRP zip
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot system
    - Setup Rom
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash Magisk zip
    - Reboot system

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock crDroid-kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid Website

Telegram Oneplus6/6t group

Source Code Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

XDA:DevDB Information
    ROM[OFFICIAL][enchilada][10.0]**crDroid**[V6.13], ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    MaWalla99, neobuddy89, gwolfu
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Testing
    Current Stable Version: 6.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-18