• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM[OFFICIAL][enchilada][10.0]crDroid[v6.21]

Search This thread

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
Screen of gestures not working .Another things is ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-134931.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-134931.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 383

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid v6.21 update (August 2021 security patch) pushing out to OTA now, should be showing up soon!
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is built on top of LineageOS, and is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device, while also attempting to bring many of the best features in existence today.

Features

A quick glossary and primer on slots for A/B devices (like ours):

- "Clean flash": Removing device protection & clearing user settings before installing a bootable system install zip (usually by either wiping or formatting data, see below).
    - "Dirty flash": Flashing a ROM zip (usually upgrading to new version, sometimes just re-flashing the existing one) without wiping data or anything first.
    - "Wipe data": Synonymous with "factory reset", accomplished from TWRP recovery by selecting "Wipe", then performing the "Slide to factory reset". Clears user data without erasing any partitions, removing encryption, or deleting contents of internal storage.
    - "Format data": Formats the data partition itself, resets all file-based encryption keys, loses all contents of internal storage, and in fact deletes all "user 0" directories (this has some implications for internal storage before & after first boot).
    - "User 0" directories are a series of directories that store userdata for the primary user, "Owner", and get created in various places throughout the filesystem on first system boot if they don't exist already. Anything you copy to "internal storage" while booted in recovery after "formatting data" will actually be copied to /data/media/ instead of /data/media/0/, and will become invisible to regular file browsing after first boot once the system has created /data/media/0, since the system will prefer to use that path for internal storage from then on (so you'll need a root file browser to delete things from /data/media, or just ADB sideload things instead of copying after formatting but before booting).
    - "OTA package": Originally an abbreviation for "over the air", referring to how a software update could be delivered (as opposed to having to take your phone to a carrier's store for a firmware update via serial/USB connection). The common usage in Android circles is any installation zip file that actually includes a bootable system.
    - Some partitions are duplicated (system, vendor, boot, and probably a couple others, but not data) and have a "slot A" & "slot B" copy.
    - "Slot A" and "slot B" are absolute designations, but most installer zip scripts use the relative designations: "active" and "inactive". Whichever slot you're booted from currently is "active", and the other one is "inactive".
    - Installing a zip file that's flagged as being an OTA package will 1) install the contents to the "inactive" slot, and then 2) flag the bootloader to switch which slot is considered "active" (and booted from) and "inactive" upon next reboot.
    - The OxygenOS full OTA zip files and all custom ROM installer zip files are considered "OTA packages" and will trigger a slot switch on next boot after installation.
    - You can install multiple OTA zip packages one after the other without rebooting in TWRP; they will all get installed into the correct partitions in the "inactive" slot, one on top of the other, and then it will swap active & inactive upon reboot.

Prerequisites:
    - Make sure your bootloader is unlocked, and that you have a working platform tools (adb & fastboot command line binaries & necessary drivers) installation on your computer, with a known-good USB cable.
    - Make sure you've downloaded most recent full OxygenOS OTA installer zip (10.3.11 or newer), crDroid zip, TWRP bootable image and installer zip (official 3.5.2_9-0 or newer), and whatever Magisk/GApps/microG installation packages you want to use to your computer.
    - Make sure you've backed up whatever data you want to keep to somewhere that's not on your phone; we're going to format the data partition and you're going to lose everything from internal storage.

First time installing crDroid to your OP6, coming from stock OxygenOS or another ROM:
    - Reboot to bootloader, then `fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img` to start up into TWRP recovery.
    - Mount System partition read-write, use file manager to delete the /system/addons.d/ directory if it exists, unmount System.
    - Choose Wipe > Format data, type "yes" and hit enter to nuke everything in the data partition.
    - Choose Advanced > ADB sideload (don't worry about selecting cache/dalvik wipe options yet) and then on the computer, do `adb sideload path/to/OxygenOSOTA.zip`.
    - Go get a drink, this'll be a bit.
    - When that's done, hit "back" in TWRP and start ADB sideload again, and this time send the crDroid installation zip.
    - When that's done, ADB sideload the TWRP installation zip.
    - Reboot to recovery (this will switch the active slot to use the system partition you just installed those zip files into).
    - Wipe data (Wipe > "Slide to factory reset" in TWRP).
    - That was so much fun, let's do it again! ADB sideload OxygenOS full OTA zip.
    - ADB sideload crDroid zip.
    - ADB sideload TWRP installer zip.
    - Reboot to recovery (switches slots again, now we have latest OxygenOS firmware plus crDroid populated in both sets of partitions and won't have to do that again until the next OOS update comes out).
    - Flash Magisk (if desired).
    - Flash GApps or microG package (if desired).
    - Wipe dalvik.
    - If you copied anything to internal storage instead of flashing it via ADB sideload, delete it now before first boot.
    - Reboot system.
    - Go through setup wizard, but do not add a PIN or other screen lock yet, and do not add a Google account yet.
    - Reboot system (now we've got the "user 0" directories, yay; it will be much happier now when you finalize your settings).
    - It's gonna harass you to finish setup, go ahead and customize everything to your heart's content.

OTA updating from TWRP (preferred):
    You don't need to remove device protection; it works fine with PIN. Be sure you have a PIN set, or have looked up whatever that arcane chart of pattern > numeric incantations in case of pattern unlock. It's awful.
    - Boot into TWRP recovery.
    - Choose install, then select OOS firmware OTA (if needed), then choose select additional zips, then select crDroid.zip, select additional zips, choose TWRP zip, slide to confirm flash.
    - Reboot recovery.
    - Choose install, then select Magisk zip (if using), select additional zips, choose GApps/microG (if using), slide to confirm flash.
    - Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your... dalvik.
    - Reboot system.

OTA updating from Updater app:
    Warning: Maintainer just does it all from TWRP, and doesn't know if this procedure actually works, but you do you.
    - Install update in built-in Updater app (Settings > System > Updater), do NOT reboot yet.
    - Open Magisk, go to modules, and download & install "TWRP A/B Retention Script", do NOT reboot yet.
    - Go back to Magisk app home, click "Install" next to Magisk, and choose the "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" method.
    - For GApps/microG: We don't have inline TWRP any more, and I honestly don't know how well addon.d survival scripts deal with live OTAs instead of flashing from recovery, so if you use GApps/MicroG that needs to be re-flashed to /system, reboot recovery and flash that or else your world will be pain.
    - NOW you can reboot to system.

Reporting bugs:
    Look, I'm a parent of three young kids whose industry disappeared in the pandemic and is now full-time house husband & virtual classroom proctor & tech support department, trying to save my small business (four of us in a worker-owned co-op) by turning our live event company into a streaming studio in my spare time. This is the back-up hobby for in-between Diablo 3 seasons. I'm not actually a programmer, I just wanted a ROM with signature spoofing support and more customization than the unofficial microg-compatible LineageOS builds, so if there are bugs or feature requests, I go over to the crDroid dev chat and ask if someone has time to hold my hand & help. Don't make me get yelled for annoying them, mmkay? That said...
    - Logs/screenshots/recordings or it didn't happen. ROM ships with Matlog for a reason.
    - I try to keep an organized notebook of roadmap, feature reqeusts, bug reports, etc. I won't always be able to fix it, but I'll at least look and do my best to ask the actual devs.
    - I don't sign into XDA much, so if I haven't said anything, check out the Telegram group. Lots of helpful folks there.
    - Please keep your questions in this thread instead of PMing me with them directly, so that the entire class can benefit from the discussion and you can find out if it's just you or if this is a widespread issue.

It's your device to use the way you want of course, and I use Magisk & microG and like to tweak things myself. But don't expect much support if you:
    - didn't do a clean flash.
    - aren't using the built-in kernel.
    - are using extensive modifications (besides Magisk) like Xposed/Riru, Dolby Atmos, Viper4A, etc.
    - immediately start using "finalize.zip" or flashing migrate restore zips instead of following the actual instructions.
    - are running decrypted.

Donate - Support development!

crDroid Website - Download here!

Telegram Oneplus6/6t group - Share your best cat pictures!

Source Code:
    - Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_enchilada/tree/10.0
    - OP6/6T Common device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/tree/10.0
    - OnePlus Common device tree: https://github.com/Terminator-J/crdroid_device_oneplus_common/tree/10.0-test
    - Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/11.0
    (yes, 11.0 kernel)
    Notes:

- Yes it supports package signature spoofing permission for microG compatibility out of the box (but will work without ANY GApps/microG implementation installed as well).
    - No it doesn't pass SafetyNet out of the box on Android 10. Probably a framework issue beyond my control. You're on a custom ROM; if you're not willing to root & use MagiskHide, then go back to stock with a locked bootloader.
    - Maintainer does not use GApps, so cannot answer questions about which packages work best from firsthand experience. Nik Gapps seems to work the best, opengapps works well, Flame works but clobbers the crDroid setup wizard a little. MindTheGapps probably also works, but might need to be trimmed down to fit in the available space in /system (since I'm shipping with built-in GCam right now, which might change). In general, go with the smallest package you can and then install other Google apps from the Play Store. Please note that if you replace the stock dialer with Google Dialer, you will lose access to the Phone Info menu (*#*#4636#*#*) until you install another dialer.
    - Tested against OOS 10.3.11 OOS firmware, includes vendor blobs from 10.3.11. Recommend using the latest available (10.3.11 as of this writing).
    - Tested against official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, works well.
    - Tested against Magisk 23 so far (maintainer runs canary channel and updates as they become available) with no problems.
    - No there won't be official builds with inline GApps; please don't ask.

crDroid 6.21 - 31 August 2021 release notes/known issues:

Common:
    - Vendor blobs from OOS 10.3.12.
    - August ASB merged (so no going back to earlier without formatting /data partition).
    - Awesome Alert Slider! Have you ever wished the alert slider on your OnePlus phone had other, less-useful functions than controlling ringer & notification modes? Me neither! But now you can use it for other things anyway if you so choose, just like those crazy kids with their OnePlus 8 & 9 series phones! In the immortal words of Zoltan Kulle, "Not what I would do, but... when has that stopped you?"
    - Still shipping with forked mcd kernel (arter97 base) r5, modded to build inline with our device tree particulars; updated to CAF msm-4.9 v4.9.280 and reenabled zram for swap (plus upped the background app limit in device tree; should stop killing background apps quite as instantly now). Will keep updated as upstream sources get updated. Why? Because video recording. LOS vanilla, crDroid stock branch (LOS fork with extras), and even newer mcd r6/7 (back to the Radioactive base) are wonderful, except when using them, video recording (or video conference apps like Zoom) crashes after about 10-12 minutes. During a global pandemic, it's probably for the best if your video chat keeps working, so there you go.

cr6-specific:
    - Aux camera doesn't work correctly due to framework issues beyond my control/comprehension. So, still no portrait mode in OnePlusCamera in cr6. 4Kp60 video recording works great; huzzah!
    - Doesn't pass safetynet out of the box, despite many tests with different fingerprints/props. Just use Magisk & enable MagiskHide & possibly install MagiskHidePropsConfig module and be happy. If your bank's app doesn't work, switch to a local credit union and stop feeding the bougie bankers. Smash capitalism!
    - Miraculously (miracastly?) WFD actually still just... works.

Enchilada-specific:
    - LineageOS upstream finally imported OOS antialiased software corner masks, so we can have smoothly rounded corners like fajita. Of course, if it was bothering you in the first place, can I recommend you stop wasting your battery/burning your eyes, and switch to dark mode?

Other known issues:
    - I guess screen-off gestures were a little screwed up and I didn't realize it. Re-worked the input/synaptics_driver_s3320.c touchpad driver to be less freakin' weird, and now *almost* everything works... except the "up vee" ( ^ ) gesture doesn't work (???). Like, wtf. It's like something else is eating that input scancode before it registers (much like the Button B problems with the goodix fp sensor and USB/BT gamepads on OP6 stock). I'm clueless, use a different gesture. Sorry.
    - You tell me!

Other stuff:
    - Not much, friend. What's new with you?
    - Did you know that the Mortal Kombat theme is actually adapted from old Scandanavian church music? Yeah, turns out it's from a Finnish Hymn. :D

Helpful links:

Download ROM

TWRP (use v3.5.2_9-0 or later)

Magisk (use v23 or later)

OxygenOS Full OTA (use v10.3.12, not v11)

MSMTool (oh now you're in trouble - use latest unless you have a good reason to intentionally downgrade)
    new build up !
    a new build is up , read the OP for instructions
    a new v6 build is up !
    october security and statusbar padding are new