[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

ThePiGuy

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Guys, I've been watching Lineage for a while for my OP6 and I am finally thinking about switching from stock. One thing is, when a OOS update comes out, how do I update the firmware on my device? Other devices that I have used have had a way to get a flashable firmware zip but from what I can see, this isn't possible with the OP6?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I searched the thread and could find no reference of it

Cecillatour

Sep 19, 2017
Hi Guys, I've been watching Lineage for a while for my OP6 and I am finally thinking about switching from stock. One thing is, when a OOS update comes out, how do I update firmware on my device? Other devices that I have have had a way to get a flashable firmware zip but from what I can see, this isn't possible with the OP6?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I searched the thread and could find no reference of it
Hi! I asked the same question in another OP6 forum. No one replied.

I guess you have two options:

1. Make a backup on USB stick. Wipe as if you are installing LOS for the first time then install the full OOS update, then LOS and then gapps etc. Boot and then go back to recovery and restore data from the backup. I did not try this on this phone but it worked on some other not OnePlus phones. I will maybe try.

2. Download OOS update and extract the vendor image and flash it in recovery. I tried this on Pixel Experience ROM for OP6 and it worked. However, the extraction is PTA. You need to have Python and the programme called Pay load Dumper to extract payload.bin file in the update zip. I eventually succeeded only on Linux after failing on Windows and Mac.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Hi Guys, I've been watching Lineage for a while for my OP6 and I am finally thinking about switching from stock. One thing is, when a OOS update comes out, how do I update firmware on my device? Other devices that I have have had a way to get a flashable firmware zip but from what I can see, this isn't possible with the OP6?

1. Make a backup on USB stick. Wipe as if you are installing LOS for the first time then install the full OOS update and then gapps etc. Boot and then go back to recovery and restore data from the backup. I did not try this on this phone but it worked on some other not OnePlus phones. I will maybe try.

2. Download OOS update and extract the vendor image and flash it in recovery. I tried this on Pixel Experience ROM for OP6 and it worked. However, extraction is PTA. You need to have Python and the programme called Pay load Dumper to extract payload.bin file in the update zip. I eventually succeeded only on Linux after failing on Windows and Mac.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePiGuy

Blackdrag

May 11, 2011

1. Make a backup on USB stick. Wipe as if you are installing LOS for the first time then install the full OOS update, then LOS and then gapps etc. Boot and then go back to recovery and restore data from the backup. I did not try this on this phone but it worked on some other not OnePlus phones. I will maybe try.

2. Download OOS update and extract the vendor image and flash it in recovery. I tried this on Pixel Experience ROM for OP6 and it worked. However, the extraction is PTA. You need to have Python and the programme called Pay load Dumper to extract payload.bin file in the update zip. I eventually succeeded only on Linux after failing on Windows and Mac.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

1. Make a backup on USB stick. Wipe as if you are installing LOS for the first time then install the full OOS update and then gapps etc. Boot and then go back to recovery and restore data from the backup. I did not try this on this phone but it worked on some other not OnePlus phones. I will maybe try.

2. Download OOS update and extract the vendor image and flash it in recovery. I tried this on Pixel Experience ROM for OP6 and it worked. However, extraction is PTA. You need to have Python and the programme called Pay load Dumper to extract payload.bin file in the update zip. I eventually succeeded only on Linux after failing on Windows and Mac.

These will wipe your data in the process, but I used the Fastboot versions here to install latest stock firmware. Make sure to switch to the opposite A/B slot with fastboot --set-active, then flash again to install stock firmware on both slots.

Reactions: ThePiGuy

Cecillatour

Sep 19, 2017
These will wipe your data in the process, but I used the Fastboot versions here to install latest stock firmware. Make sure to switch to the opposite A/B slot with fastboot --set-active, then flash again to install stock firmware on both slots.

Thank you for this. It is interesting option. I may try it.

I will just make clear that only the first option I suggested would wipe your data. That is why I wrote that you should make a backup and restore it later.

If you use the second option I suggested, you will not lose data. I tested it.

emil_515

May 27, 2015
also has anyone experienced slow app opening times on apps like youtube, instagram etc? If someone could confirm this, that would be great?
coming from a clean flash.

Opprobrium

Sep 8, 2019
Is it intentional that the "Show arrow keys while typing" option is unavailable when Gesture Navigation is enabled? As soon as I turn on Gesture Navigation that option disappears from the settings. I can still find it by entering "arrow" in the search field, but it only becomes visible when Button Navigation is enabled.

It worked for a few days, although the cursor keys were displayed in a messed up way.

Then the changelog for the 20200421-nightly said "NavigationBarView: Fix cursor key visibility with gestural mode enabled" --> I thought it would fix the messed up graphics, but it seems the fix was just to disable this option altogether? :confused:

kecodoc

Apr 29, 2011
HaiPhong
pls help me my device Oxygen 22.0.34 I tried to install lineage os 17.1 I searched and tried to install it on my phone but failed please help me how to install lineage os 17.1 on my phone.please help give me a complete guide to install it
I tried all oxygen os versions but all failed to show a black screen showing only white light
thank a lot

WhaleYoung

Jul 5, 2018
I don't got any weather information or colored icons on my lock screen and AOD. However I can see that on my desktop and Google feed. Please fix it ? thanks!Lineage is my favorite Android rom , the first and the only choice for a long time.

Last edited:

dumbl3

Apr 19, 2012
Just tried to install this for the first time. I have a problem with opengapps and restoring backup from the google cloud. It keeps force closing when it tries to read my information. I tried it a couple of times..

I came from latest 10.3.3 on both slots. I used latest opengapps nano. I am rooted with latest magisk 20.4

Anyone else with this issue and know how to fix it?

So to be clear, my google account is added, I can install apps with google play store, but I cant restore the cloud backup, it force closes..

EDIT:
So I tried clean flash (both slots)
Reboot in system first
Reboot back to twrp (mauronofrio's)
Flash Gapps (not magisk)
Reboot back in system.
Same ****, I add my account, backup from cloud, reading account information and then it Force Closes..

I tried above process also with BitGapps but as soon as I booted in system after I flashed BitGapps I started getting force closed messages flashing all over my screen.. I start to wonder if its a Gapps issue or a Lineage issue..

EDIT2:
So after trying many tings, I ended up doing an msm restore to 10.3.0, OTA local update to 10.3.3
Unlock, twrp, the new carbon v8 ROM.
Used the same nano opengapps (29/04/20), and currently my phone is restoring backup from the cloud. All looks good.

So I guess its a lineageos issue...

I guess ill be trying out the new Carbon Rom then

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've tried to follow the new firmware section added today to the official wiki https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update

The payload dumper package fails to run on my surface pro 7 (missing library). Running a static build by osmosis, it works almost as it crashes (memory panic) for the largest blobs like vendor. Osmosis reports himself the issue : will crash on any platform.

So in concrete terms, how can we extract the payload with a working extractor? Happy to follow guidelines to make this work!

Thanks

EDIT : Fixed. Download this https://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.2.5-windows.zip, rename libzlma to libzlma-5.dll and put it in same directory. Unlike the static compiled version, it doesn't crash

EDIT2 : wiki has been updated to promote a more universal solution (using python3). Mentionning this as my comment above was referring to a go-based tool (https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go)
    Hi,
    I' running LineageOS 17.1 with the Lineage Recovery (i.e. I followed the installation guide to the letter).
    The phone has been working fine for a long time. I update it regularly with the weekly LOS builds.

Now here is my question:
    How do I update the vendor firmware? I want to update the device drivers. My current vendor firmware is from Februrary 2020. I understand that I need to use the original OxigenOS image in some form, but I don't know how. Is there a way to do this while keeping LineageOS installed and without a factory reset?
    That's something i'd like to know as well.
    I am surprised, that nobody seems to know the answer.
    It is possible. Just install twrp (I always use mauronofrio's), flash current OOS and TWRP, reboot into recovery, sideload OOS and TWRP (since you won't be able to decrypt temporarily) and install OOS and TWRP again (to the other partition), reboot to recovery, sideload LOS, flash it, done.
    No guarantee, so always backup.
    It is possible. Just install twrp (I always use mauronofrio's), flash current OOS and TWRP, reboot into recovery, sideload OOS and TWRP (since you won't be able to decrypt temporarily) and install OOS and TWRP again (to the other partition), reboot to recovery, sideload LOS, flash it, done.
    No guarantee, so always backup.
    Well, this more or less boils down to a factory reset however you may call it.

Given that the relevant part is just one (or more?) clearly defined partition, there should be a better way to update that
    Well, this more or less boils down to a factory reset however you may call it.

Given that the relevant part is just one (or more?) clearly defined partition, there should be a better way to update that
    What? No, it does not. Data stays intact. After the last flash you just use everything as before.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-12
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    And one more bug: the system alarm isn't working. Almost overslept this morning ?
    The more sleep the better.
    I wonder what is fixed in the sept 25 build
    Me too.
    Btw I uploaded new build, don't expect any device specific fixes tho.
    I uploaded a single Q based build before disappearing again, have fun.

Here are some minimalistic instructions:
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Pie-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb shell twrp sideload
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload <lineage>