[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Gotolei

So 18.1 is official now. I'm trying to go through the update process, and step 1 of installing is supposed to be to get onto the latest firmware. Following the directions here, got the latest full update from oxygen updater, sent it over to PC to extract it and did so, started through on the flashing process (though lineage recovery has "reboot to bootloader" instead of "reboot to fastboot" but the device still shows up as fastboot from PC). It's basically failing in every possible way:

Code:
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot flash --slot=a abl abl.img
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot flash abl abl.img
Sending 'abl' (204 KB)                             FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot devices
d23b90ea    fastboot

So what exactly is the process to get this done meant to be? Is it even necessary to bother with updating the firmware, or is the Feb 2020 version good?

I remember the process of updating from 16 to 17 was nothing short of a nightmare, so I'm curious how well this whole shebang is working for people and what they're actually doing where the instructions apparently fail.

[Edit: asked similar question in 18.1 thread. Guess this post can be deleted if that one gets an answer]

Last edited:

keelsonkeelson

Aug 5, 2012
Nvidia Shield Tablet
OnePlus 6
So 18.1 is official now. I'm trying to go through the update process, and step 1 of installing is supposed to be to get onto the latest firmware. Following the directions here, got the latest full update from oxygen updater, sent it over to PC to extract it and did so, started through on the flashing process (though lineage recovery has "reboot to bootloader" instead of "reboot to fastboot" but the device still shows up as fastboot from PC). It's basically failing in every possible way:

Code:
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot flash --slot=a abl abl.img
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot flash abl abl.img
Sending 'abl' (204 KB)                             FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed
[email protected]:~/Downloads/enchilada-11/payload-dumper-go/extracted_20210506_222424$ fastboot devices
d23b90ea    fastboot

So what exactly is the process to get this done meant to be? Is it even necessary to bother with updating the firmware, or is the Feb 2020 version good
I also ran into this problem, then changed the commands to --slot=other an left out the slot for the same block of commands. Then I figured that i didn't enable fastboot flashing for critical partitions which would cause a factor reset. So I gave up and went with the approach to flash oos an twrp on both slots, an then linegeos. It's described in post #913 here and you won't lose /data

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I also ran into this problem, then changed the commands to --slot=other an left out the slot for the same block of commands. Then I figured that i didn't enable fastboot flashing for critical partitions which would cause a factor reset. So I gave up and went with the approach to flash oos an twrp on both slots, an then linegeos. It's described in post #913 here and you won't lose /data
...wiki post was telling you to select fastbootd for a reason. If instructions were supposed to work in regular bootloader mode then it'd make no sense to go through recovery.
Also, fastbootd is only available since last couple 17.1 builds + all 18.1.

Last edited:

keelsonkeelson

Aug 5, 2012
Nvidia Shield Tablet
OnePlus 6
...wiki post was telling you to select fastbootd for a reason. If instructions were supposed to work in regular bootloader mode then it'd make no sense to go through recovery.
Thanks, now that I read it again, I see the warning. I am on TWRP, so this fastbootd is a lineage recovery only thing?

Jan 8, 2014

Well, I am on 17.1 20210420, but in Recovery's
“Advanced”
there's no
“Enter fastboot”

Just
  • "Reboot to bootloader"
  • "Reboot to recovery"
  • "Mount /system"
  • "View recovery logs"
  • "Enable ADB"
  • "Power off"

ADB is enabled and the device shows up in
Bash:
adb devices

So, does the wiki miss a line or is the missing entry a bug?
Is there a reason why I shouldn't simply do
Bash:
adb reboot fastboot
?

Saksham03

Jun 15, 2016
LG G3
OnePlus 6
Well, I am on 17.1 20210420, but in Recovery's
“Advanced”
there's no
“Enter fastboot”

Just
  • "Reboot to bootloader"
  • "Reboot to recovery"
  • "Mount /system"
  • "View recovery logs"
  • "Enable ADB"
  • "Power off"

ADB is enabled and the device shows up in
Bash:
adb devices

So, does the wiki miss a line or is the missing entry a bug?
Is there a reason why I shouldn't simply do
Bash:
adb reboot fastboot
?
Enter fastboot is in newer releases of LOS recovery.

And it's actually fastbootd which is used to flash critical partitions.

best boy

Jul 3, 2011
I have the same issue. I do not have the
“Enter fastboot”
option in my lineage recovery. So I guess my lineage recovery is too old and outdated.

So, how to continue with this? Can I update my lineage recovery to a version with “Enter fastboot” option?
If yes, how to do that?

zoufri

Sep 30, 2011
Yes, that was a bit confusing, but i finally did it. it's quiet simple actually.
You've got to upgrade first by following the instructions Here
Then if you reboot into recovery, you'll be able to see the "fastbootd" option in order to update the firmware

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-12
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    And one more bug: the system alarm isn't working. Almost overslept this morning ?
    The more sleep the better.
    I wonder what is fixed in the sept 25 build
    Me too.
    Btw I uploaded new build, don't expect any device specific fixes tho.
    I uploaded a single Q based build before disappearing again, have fun.

Here are some minimalistic instructions:
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Pie-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb shell twrp sideload
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload <lineage>