[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
I installed PA following the instructions on the first page. the phone went into the bootlap. Then I installed it according to the instructions from page 3, the same thing. And only when I found it on page 11, the only way I was able to establish. If I am such a lint, but I managed to reflash 3 times according to different instructions and find the "correct" one. What's wrong with you? Couldn't help right away? If you can't, walk by. It will be better for you and me. Free !!!

So you having a bad experience with a ROM means that you''ll have to ask for instructions beforehand instead of trying a new ROM with the instructions that are provided? That's one way to actively prevent yourself from learning new things and making sure that you will always remain dependent on others. I've seen enough, good luck.

Forage

May 18, 2012
So that's the point, I wrote that I had a bootlap, they sent me with the text "read the instructions". I realized that I asked the wrong question, updated the post with the question "how to install rom". They again send me to the instruction, they also call me names Lazy. I don't even know how else to ask.
You said nothing about problems nor bootloops, only that your bootloader was unlocked. If you happen to have posted that elsewhere we won't necessarily know about it here in this thread. Again, no magic abilities here, you can expect us to read every single post on this board.

Take a step back and read your initial post in this thread again and try to imagine how that looks to those people who are not in your mind but solely know what you wrote. That's the only thing we got.
Does that post tell those people you tried something already? Does that post tell those people you have problems and what those problems are? Does that post tell those people you already made an effort trying to find the solution yourself?

Last edited:

saenaro

Jun 14, 2015
You said nothing about problems nor bootloops, only that your bootloader was unlocked. If you happen to have posted that elsewhere we won't necessarily know about it here in this thread. Again, no magic abilities here, you can expect us to read every single post on this board.

Take a step back and read your initial post in this thread again and try to imagine how that looks to those people who are not in your mind but solely know what you wrote. That's the only thing we got.
Does that post tell those people you tried something already? Does that post tell those people you have problems and what those problems are? Does that post tell those people you already made an effort trying to find the solution yourself?
I am food with the help of google translator, maybe you misunderstood me.
OK. I am bad, you are good. Let's end this!

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
So that's the point, I wrote that I had a bootlap, they sent me with the text "read the instructions". I realized that I asked the wrong question, updated the post with the question "how to install rom". They again send me to the instruction, they also call me names Lazy. I don't even know how else to ask.

You know what, I might have been a bit too harsh and since it won't help to keep on telling you what I think you should do and should've done I might as well give you a helping hand. I'll share my flashing instructions which I always follow when I install a new ROM. They have never caused me to run into issues and should be suitable for flashing any Custom ROM.

First make sure you made a backup of all your important data.

Boot into Recovery.
Flash OOS + TWRP.zip.
Reboot Recovery.
Flash OOS + TWRP.zip
Reboot to Recovery.
Flash the ROM + TWRP.zip.
Reboot Recovery.
Optional: Flash Gapps (I can recommend NikGapps, do note that some ROM's include Gapps which means you can completely skip this step).
Optional: Flash Magisk (if you want root access).
Optional: Flash a custom kernel of your choice.
Format Data.
Boot to system.

Note: If you do not want TWRP to be installed on your device you can also use fastboot to boot up TWRP instead.

Hopefully this is be helpful and will make sure you can help yourself in the future, good luck.

Reactions: meetXD and saenaro

amithiel

Nov 9, 2011
/local/bin
After some years sticking to sotck OOS, decided to go for LineageOS. What a nice fresh air!Everything running smooth.
Starting 2021 with Lineage! thanks for all the devs that made this possible. Cheers and happy new year!

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/:
I am using the os series but I do not see the fast charging mode like on the stock rom

os family with fast charging mode?
Mình đang dùng dòng os không thấy báo chế độ sạc nhanh như trên rom stock
dòng họ os có chế độ sạc nhanh?
Please use the English language!

XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Reactions: kecodoc

wandang

May 15, 2018
Happy new year guys.

I am having a great experience so far with LOS 17.1 on this device (using it since november). Now I would like to update to the latest nightly.

I searched the thread and found several different tutorials/guides on how to do it:
For example 1,2,3 ,etc

Some reflash OOS twice (bot slots) before flashing LOS again, other reflash LOS with refactoring (clean flash).

Overall the consensus seems to be that I would need to wipe all my data each week for every update? Can that be? This A/B procedure is such a headache for me.

Titanium backup had several problems restoring data from my HTC 10(pme) when I migrated to the OnePlus 6. Which backup solution is recommended? TWRP with data backup, titanium backup or migrate app?

amithiel

Nov 9, 2011
/local/bin
Happy new year guys.

I am having a great experience so far with LOS 17.1 on this device (using it since november). Now I would like to update to the latest nightly.

I searched the thread and found several different tutorials/guides on how to do it:
For example 1,2,3 ,etc

Some reflash OOS twice (bot slots) before flashing LOS again, other reflash LOS with refactoring (clean flash).

Overall the consensus seems to be that I would need to wipe all my data each week for every update? Can that be? This A/B procedure is such a headache for me.

Titanium backup had several problems restoring data from my HTC 10(pme) when I migrated to the OnePlus 6. Which backup solution is recommended? TWRP with data backup, titanium backup or migrate app?

I think flashing OOS again on both slots would be overkill. Why not just flash Lineage and twrp, reboot to recovery, flash gapps+magisk and thats it?

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014

Maybe I am missing something, but for me it is just installing the latest update from the Updater and rebooting when prompted.

Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Updater

- check Preferences for "Auto updates check" and enable "Prioritise update process"
- check for new updates (if it doesn't immediately on its own)
- install latest update
- reboot when prompted

Make sure to disable battery optimization for the updater or it will take ages.

Ufos92

May 5, 2015
Happy new year guys.

For example 1,2,3 ,etc

My 2c: every time you want to update anything, make a migrate app backup. Always prepare to be using it.
Don't update daily. Update once every few months through a migrate. Plan a day or so of free time for an upgrade.

sometimes instructions just work and you're done in an hour. Most of the times they don't though.

wandang

May 15, 2018
Maybe I am missing something, but for me it is just installing the latest update from the Updater and rebooting when prompted.

Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Updater

- check Preferences for "Auto updates check" and enable "Prioritise update process"
- check for new updates (if it doesn't immediately on its own)
- install latest update
- reboot when prompted

Make sure to disable battery optimization for the updater or it will take ages.

I forgot to say that I am using Magisk as well and I read somewhere that you cannot use the system updater with that constellation. Maybe I am wrong about that.

wandang

May 15, 2018
I think flashing OOS again on both slots would be overkill. Why not just flash Lineage and twrp, reboot to recovery, flash gapps+magisk and thats it?

That sounds like I did it on my old phone. So it would be:
  1. Backup stuff
  2. Download nightly to pc
  3. Reboot into recovery
  4. adb push files and flash nightly
  5. reboot recovery
  6. flash magisk (i dont use gapps)
  7. done
This would even keep the data right? only a dalvik cache wipe would be recommended after i guess

thanks for the help guys

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014

Christophfy

Sep 21, 2018
Hi there!
Yesterday i installed LOS 17.1 and ElementalX kernel.
It's way better when it comes to battery life, but i have 2 small issues.

Notch - can you "hide" it, in the way only the status icons are displayed there and its color is black? I would really love to have that option.

Gestures - is there any way to bring normal OnePlus gestures? Like there are side gestures, but i want to use bottom gestures like original oneplus - swipe up from left/right bottom to back, and middle to exit/last used apps.
Thanks a lot!

Christophfy

Sep 21, 2018
@Christophfy: Search in the Setting for it. For hide Notch you must activate Developer Options.
Im developer mode there is no option to hide notch - it's still visible and it's not black (pic rel).
In the settings I can use gestures but only the Google "left side for back" and "bottom go to main screen" ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20210114_171432.jpg
    IMG_20210114_171432.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 112

Christophfy

Sep 21, 2018
I found my solutions after searching for a while.

^ this app is for notch being black with icons shown there.

^this app allows to use OnePlus styled "pill" gestures and others, much customization is allowed.

Quick tutorial - your default gestures should be set as 3 buttons in system settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-12
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    And one more bug: the system alarm isn't working. Almost overslept this morning ?
    The more sleep the better.
    I wonder what is fixed in the sept 25 build
    Me too.
    Btw I uploaded new build, don't expect any device specific fixes tho.
    I uploaded a single Q based build before disappearing again, have fun.

Here are some minimalistic instructions:
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Pie-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb shell twrp sideload
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload <lineage>