[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Gotolei

So I don't know which build it was fixed in (looks like commit 302998?), but thanks for the fix-up on Livedisplay since the end of January. The color profile setting saves now. sRGB mode is working as well, though DCI-P3 and wide color look identical to standard (was able to tell them apart in the past).

meetXD

Nov 16, 2012
xalgia.com
Does anyone know how I can extract the boot.img from this rom's zip? I'd like to use the "Patch" method of installing magisk but don't want to build lineage from source to get the boot.img!

p.s. can I patch another ready-made kernel such as the blu-spark and use that as a way of bypassing the extraction and patching of the stock kernel?

Meepaco

Apr 3, 2019
Does anyone know how I can extract the boot.img from this rom's zip? I'd like to use the "Patch" method of installing magisk but don't want to build lineage from source to get the boot.img!

p.s. can I patch another ready-made kernel such as the blu-spark and use that as a way of bypassing the extraction and patching of the stock kernel?
You can just adb sideload magisk/kernel zip

tokenize

Feb 10, 2013
Hello does anyone have a working camera that supports slow motion recording? Google camera has the option but it crashes as soon as I select it.

LeonardoLR

Jul 12, 2013
Hello,

need help please.

flashed Lineage 17.1 on my OnePlus 6.
Now i cant connect my phone with my computer in MTP.
Only work if i am in Recover, only TWRP.
If i flash Lineage again, i lose my TWRP and i need to flash TWRP again

best boy

Jul 3, 2011
Hi,
I' running LineageOS 17.1 with the Lineage Recovery (i.e. I followed the installation guide to the letter).
The phone has been working fine for a long time. I update it regularly with the weekly LOS builds.

Now here is my question:
How do I update the vendor firmware? I want to update the device drivers. My current vendor firmware is from Februrary 2020. I understand that I need to use the original OxigenOS image in some form, but I don't know how. Is there a way to do this while keeping LineageOS installed and without a factory reset?

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014
Hi,
I' running LineageOS 17.1 with the Lineage Recovery (i.e. I followed the installation guide to the letter).
The phone has been working fine for a long time. I update it regularly with the weekly LOS builds.

Now here is my question:
How do I update the vendor firmware? I want to update the device drivers. My current vendor firmware is from Februrary 2020. I understand that I need to use the original OxigenOS image in some form, but I don't know how. Is there a way to do this while keeping LineageOS installed and without a factory reset?
That's something i'd like to know as well.
I am surprised, that nobody seems to know the answer.

Reactions: best boy

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It is possible. Just install twrp (I always use mauronofrio's), flash current OOS and TWRP, reboot into recovery, sideload OOS and TWRP (since you won't be able to decrypt temporarily) and install OOS and TWRP again (to the other partition), reboot to recovery, sideload LOS, flash it, done.
No guarantee, so always backup.

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014
It is possible. Just install twrp (I always use mauronofrio's), flash current OOS and TWRP, reboot into recovery, sideload OOS and TWRP (since you won't be able to decrypt temporarily) and install OOS and TWRP again (to the other partition), reboot to recovery, sideload LOS, flash it, done.
No guarantee, so always backup.
Well, this more or less boils down to a factory reset however you may call it.

Given that the relevant part is just one (or more?) clearly defined partition, there should be a better way to update that

Cecillatour

Sep 19, 2017
Well, this more or less boils down to a factory reset however you may call it.

Given that the relevant part is just one (or more?) clearly defined partition, there should be a better way to update that
There is another way. Download the latest stock ROM and extract the zip file. There will be a paylod.bin file in there. To extract payload.bin file you will need payloadbin dumper programme for Windows. Once you extract the payload.bin file you will, among other images, have vendor.img. You can flash it via fastboot (perhaps through twrp as well but that I did not try) to the vendor partition.

You however may ask yourself if all that is worth the effort.

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 4a
Hi,
I've tried to follow the new firmware section added today to the official wiki https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update

The payload dumper package fails to run on my surface pro 7 (missing library). Running a static build by osmosis, it works almost as it crashes (memory panic) for the largest blobs like vendor. Osmosis reports himself the issue : will crash on any platform.

So in concrete terms, how can we extract the payload with a working extractor? Happy to follow guidelines to make this work!

Thanks

EDIT : Fixed. Download this https://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.2.5-windows.zip, rename libzlma to libzlma-5.dll and put it in same directory. Unlike the static compiled version, it doesn't crash

EDIT2 : wiki has been updated to promote a more universal solution (using python3). Mentionning this as my comment above was referring to a go-based tool (https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go)

Last edited:

FuelFlo

Oct 15, 2012
@LuK1337 Hey,

I've got following bug since quite some time:

When making a call, the volume initially seems out of calibration. In my case it's mostly too loud. But when I use the volume buttons to decrease volume, I can only reduce the volume by 1 or 2 steps, as volume slider is already in the lower third of its range. However when setting it to minimum it's not the lowest possible volume.

First I have to increase the volume to maximum and then reduce it again, to reach lower or the lowest possible call volume. This happens during normal calls as well as on bluetooth headsets.

I hope the description was comprehensible. (I'm on 17.1-20210406 right now). Tell me if I can help debugging somehow.

Aryannn999

Aug 21, 2018
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information
Testing

Created 2019-09-12
Last Updated 2020-04-01
Hey @LuK1337 I had a question regarding these 17.1 builds, does SafetyNet pass by default or would we have to change the fingerprint manually? Thanks,

Pundy

Jan 4, 2013
Essen
OnePlus 6
Hey @LuK1337 I had a question regarding these 17.1 builds, does SafetyNet pass by default or would we have to change the fingerprint manually? Thanks,
No need to change the fingerprint. Just install magisk, hide and repack the manager app, reboot and you are good to go.
But magisk 22.1 is showing an error when checking safenet pass. When play store says your device is certified everything is okay. For more details check the magisk thread.

Reactions: Aryannn999

Aryannn999

Aug 21, 2018
No need to change the fingerprint. Just install magisk, hide and repack the manager app, reboot and you are good to go.
But magisk 22.1 is showing an error when checking safenet pass. When play store says your device is certified everything is okay. For more details check the magisk thread.
Thank you!

Reactions: Pundy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-12
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    And one more bug: the system alarm isn't working. Almost overslept this morning ?
    The more sleep the better.
    I wonder what is fixed in the sept 25 build
    Me too.
    Btw I uploaded new build, don't expect any device specific fixes tho.
    I uploaded a single Q based build before disappearing again, have fun.

Here are some minimalistic instructions:
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Pie-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb shell twrp sideload
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_042_all_1912142031_0fb330.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-16-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload <lineage>