[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11.0_r46]crDroid Android[v7.38]

Search This thread
NOTICE: crDroid 7.x (Android 11) is now in maintenance-only release mode, and will probably be End-Of-Life'd soon.
I'll be merging monthly Android Security Bulletins from upstream as they're available & pushing releases, but they're blind builds now, and may break.
Please consider updating to crDroid 10.x (Android 14):
crDroid 10.x XDA thread - OP 6/6T

BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is built on top of LineageOS, and is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device, while also attempting to bring you many of the best features in existence today.

Features

A quick glossary and primer on flashing & slots for A/B devices (like ours):

- "Clean flash": Removing device protection & clearing user settings before installing a bootable system install zip (usually by either wiping or formatting data, see below).
- "Dirty flash": Flashing a ROM zip (usually upgrading to new version, sometimes just re-flashing the existing one) without wiping data or anything first.
- "Wipe data": Synonymous with "factory reset", accomplished from TWRP recovery by selecting "Wipe", then performing the "Slide to factory reset". Clears user data without erasing any partitions, removing encryption, or deleting contents of internal storage.
- "Format data": Formats the data partition itself, resets all file-based encryption keys, loses all contents of internal storage, and in fact deletes all "user 0" directories (this has some implications for internal storage before & after first boot).
- "User 0" directories are a series of directories that store userdata for the primary user, "Owner", and get created in various places throughout the filesystem on first system boot if they don't exist already. Anything you copy to "internal storage" while booted in recovery after "formatting data" will actually be copied to /data/media/ instead of /data/media/0/, and will become invisible to regular file browsing after first boot once the system has created /data/media/0, since the system will prefer to use that path for internal storage from then on (so you'll need a root file browser to delete things from /data/media, or just ADB sideload things instead of copying after formatting but before booting).
- "OTA package": Originally an abbreviation for "over the air", referring to how a software update could be delivered (as opposed to having to take your phone to a carrier's store for a firmware update via serial/USB connection). The common usage in Android circles is any installation zip file that actually includes a bootable system.
- Some partitions are duplicated (system, vendor, boot, and probably a couple others, but not data) and have a "slot A" & "slot B" copy.
- "Slot A" and "slot B" are absolute designations, but most installer zip scripts use the relative designations: "active" and "inactive". Whichever slot you're booted from currently is "active", and the other one is "inactive".
- Installing a zip file that's flagged as being an OTA package will 1) install the contents to the "inactive" slot, and then 2) flag the bootloader to switch which slot is considered "active" (and booted from) and "inactive" upon next reboot.
- The OxygenOS full OTA zip files and all custom ROM installer zip files are considered "OTA packages" and will trigger a slot switch on next boot after installation.
- You can install multiple OTA zip packages one after the other without rebooting in both the stock recovery and TWRP; they will all get installed into the correct partitions in the "inactive" slot, one on top of the other, and then it will swap active & inactive upon reboot.
- We don't use what are called "delta" updates, which can patch existing partitions by block or by file; we use full filesystem images. So for us, OTA zip packages are really just a bunch of partition filesystem image files all wrapped up into a "payload.bin" with some extra instructions & metadata/checksums, so when you flash a ROM, it overwrites entire partitions at a time instead of individual files or filesystem blocks within that partition. So if you've changed something in a partition like system that gets written as part of flashing an OTA zip, all your changes are gone. The only thing in the system partition afterward will be what was in the system.img that was included in the ROM zip payload.
- The partitions that crDroid, LineageOS, and most custom ROMs for OnePlus 6 & 6T install to when flashing are boot (contains recovery & kernel), dtbo, system, and vbmeta. Some ROMs (like Syberia) build the vendor partition from source instead of just trying to work with the existing OEM vendor partition, so they flash that one too when installing. So you definitely need to flash stock vendor before switching from Syberia or another source-built vendor ROM to one like Lineage or crDroid that uses prebuilt.
- "Prebuilt vendor" vs. "source-built" vendor partitions: when first trying to get a custom ROM working on a new device now that we have separate system & vendor partitions & Google's "Project Treble" is a thing, you'll often just leave the contents of the vendor partition alone, because that's where all the proprietary or device-specific stuff lives (manufacturer specific hardware drivers & interfaces, any DRM libraries, custom frameworks & selinux policies for talking to them), and you make a compatibility map of what framework versions you're compiling against in system and what vendor version they're compatible with or supersede or you overlay updated things that should replace stuff in the vendor partition and keep it in system_ext instead. But you're also limited in that if there are some things in vendor, you CAN'T work around it from the ROM side (like, OnePlus Camera working correctly). So often, once the basics are functioning, the goal is to move to building the contents of the vendor partition from source, because you then have the freedom to fix problems with sepolicy, library/framework mismatches, etc. and make things work with the custom ROM instead of only working with the OEM's flavor of Android, and you can still copy individual pre-compiled files from the stock vendor filesystem image if needed (like if there's no open-source equivalent for some driver). Unfortunately, OnePlus SDM845 (enchilada & fajita, the OP6 & OP6T) never got a proper source-built vendor bringup by the LineageOS team (upon which crDroid is based). And while Syberia has had source built vendor in Android 11 (possibly 10?), it was only done for enchilada and NOT fajita, it's not trivial to unroll & commonize what they've done to apply to other ROMs, and some of the proprietary files they keep are imported from other similar devices/similar chipsets rather than source-built (presumably because the OnePlus ones are modified in a weird way that the open-source components can't hook into, but still not ideal). So for fixing a lot of the issues we still face with lack of things working quite right, or hardware features not available in custom ROMs (especially compared to newer OnePlus devices like the 7, 8, or 9 series), we're kinda stuck, because you can't just implement it against the stock prebuilt vendor.
- "Updating firmware" simply means we're flashing updated contents from the manufacturer into all the OTHER partitions besides the ones that the ROM OTA zip touches. There are another dozen or more of those, besides system & boot, that the full OxygenOS OTA zip would normally write to when you install it. The contents of the system partition in custom ROMs for our device are generally built against a particular version of OxygenOS (mostly the contents of the OEM vendor partition), and we've recently had an entire major Android version update come through from OxygenOS. Some people are still on older firmware that is now dramatically different than what the current custom ROM was intended to deal with (that is, all the stuff from OxygenOS is still based on Android 10, while the ROM is expecting compatibility with Android 11), and while I tend to agree that OxygenOS 10 was better than the current state of OOS 11, that doesn't matter when you're talking about installing the custom ROM over it. So please, keep an eye out in the release notes for what the recommended/required firmware versions are, and remember to update (procedure below).

Notes on custom recoveries with OxygenOS 11 firmware:
- My understanding (from people smarter than me) is that the android-11 tree of TWRP is kind of a mess at the moment. I had made some 3.6.0_11-0 unofficial builds for both enchilada & fajita, but now they don't even seem to boot and I don't know why. TWRP android-11 tree refuses to mount the system partition where it belongs, and so addon.d OTA survival scripts don't work correctly any longer (which means you're hosed if you use NikGapps and update while booted from a TWRP version ending in "11-0", or if you have Gapps installed as a module and forget to reboot recovery & re-flash Magisk after flashing an update from TWRP).
- Trying to `fastboot boot` an Android 9-based TWRP image (like official 3.5.2_9-0 twrp.img) after installing OxygenOS 11 doesn't work, and will drop you into Qualcomm Crash Dump mode. Don't try to flash it as your boot partion, either.
- Meanwhile, stock LineageOS-based recovery, for all its shortcomings, has working fastbootd (aka "Userspace fastboot", which is what happens when you go to "Advanced", then choose "Enter fastboot" and the background colors go from purple to orange) that lets you flash both slots at once and unlocks critical partitions, while the OnePlus OEM bootloader (where it says "Fastboot Mode" in a square, then goes to the big green "START" text over white & dark red terminal font type text) can't be used to flash every partition to update firmware. Personally, I still think of it as wannabe-class and not a "real" custom recovery until the Lineage team 1) implements userdata decryption so you can manage files in /data and install updates from internal storage, and 2) allows for a factory reset the way we've always all understood it ("wipe data") WITHOUT nuking the contents of internal storage for no good reason ("formatting data"). But since crDroid is LineageOS-based, it's what we've got, and fastbootd is the best way to update firmware.
- With all that being said, since it's likely TWRP will only get MORE broken with Android 12 looming large, we're officially only going to support the built-in LineageOS-based recovery & OTA updater moving forward, until things change dramatically. If you want to try different custom recoveries (new builds of TWRP, OrangeFox, PBRP, whatever), feel free; and let us know how it works! But you're on you're own doing that.
- And on the system update side, applying system OTA updates seems to work correctly using the built-in Updater tool (Settings > System > Updater) both with new OTA releases and when choosing a file from "Local Installation". It executes OTA survival scripts correctly from /system/addon.d/ as well. I've personally tested and it correctly preserved Magisk v23 canary and MindTheGapps & NikGapps (on tester fajita) and MinMicroG "system" install package on my daily driver enchilada.
- ...however it has an accidental dependency on Magisk, due to things beyond my control upstream in the ROM. Whoops. Won't work if you don't have Magisk installed.
- FLASHING the old official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 INSTALLER zip (or newer) on top of OOS 11.x DOES seem to work for now, but you need to be in a recovery environment that allows you to flash that installer in the first place (either by booting into an already-installed TWRP recovery before updating firmware, or by having an Android 11 compatible recovery boot.img to be able to `fastboot boot`). I don't know if it'll keep working in Android 12 or with crDroid 8.
- Look, if you really want to stick with TWRP, I don't blame you. I made bootable Android 11 compatible TWRP images for enchilada & fajita back at 3.5.2, and they still work well enough to `fastboot boot` them and then flash the old official 3.5.2_9-0 installer zips. Look at the attachments at the end of post #2. Also, you may want to try one of Siddhesh's custom recoveries; they probably work even better.
- TL;DR: I prefer TWRP too but current official releases are kinda broken and it's a chore to get the old version installed correctly, so built-in LineageOS-based recovery and Updater app are the supported way to install & update moving forward.

Prerequisites:
- Make sure your bootloader is unlocked (and don't plan on relocking it ffs).
- Make sure you have a reasonably-current, working installation of android platform tools (adb & fastboot command line binaries & necessary drivers) on your computer, with a known-good USB cable (see links in post #2).
- Make sure you've downloaded the most recent full OxygenOS OTA installer zip (11.1.2.2), crDroid zip, matching crDroid boot.img, and whatever Magisk/GApps/microG installation packages you want to use to your computer (see links in post #2).
- Make sure you've backed up whatever data you want to keep to somewhere that's not on your phone; for a new install, we're going to format the data partition and you're going to lose everything from internal storage.

Let's get started!

Updating firmware:
- Reboot to bootloader (no USB cable connected).
- If you're not already using the stock (LineageOS-based) recovery, you'll need to `fastboot flash boot path/to/boot.img`, substituting in the path & filename for the current crDroid boot.img that you downloaded as part of the prerequisites.
- Reboot to bootloader again (actually loads new bootloader that you just flashed).
- Use Vol +/- buttons to select "Recovery mode" and press Pwr button to boot stock recovery.
- Tap "Advanced", then tap "Enter fastboot" (the already-selected first option).
- Follow the instructions for extracting the partition images from the official OxygenOS Updater full OTA zip you already downloaded using the "payload-dumper-go" utility, and flashing them one at a time, from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update, except for the very last command ("fastboot reboot").
- Since those instructions were updated for Android 12, and this is still Android 11-based & depends on using the OxygenOS prebuilt vendor partition contents, you'll also need to run fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img at the end of the list of commands in the linked LineageOS Wiki article above.
- If you're only updating firmware and were already on crDroid, you can just "fastboot reboot" which will go back to system. If this is part of coming to crDroid from another ROM, continue with the instructions below.

First time installing crDroid to your OP6, coming from stock OxygenOS 11.x or another ROM (stock LOS-based recovery):
- Update to OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 firmware as described above if you haven't already.
- At the end of that procedure, (re)flash the crDroid boot.img to the `boot` partition of both slots, then reboot to recovery.
- Once you're rebooted into stock recovery, ADB sideload the crDroid installation zip. It might prompt you with "Install anyway?" on the phone, so don't just walk away from it.
- After the adb sideload has finished and the purple menu at the top comes back, hit the back arrow, then choose "Wipe data" (which WILL format internal storage -- you backed up as noted above, right?).
- Reboot to recovery (causes it to switch slots so any further installations will be on top of the slot that it just installed crDroid into).
- ADB sideload Magisk and/or any GApps packages you want to use. Please note that any time you install something via ADB sideloading, that the install file is technically renamed "sideload.zip" in transit by the ADB protocol, which might cause problems with installers that try to get too clever for their own good and alter behavior based on renaming the installation zip (like MinMicroG), so you might have to get even MORE clever with changing up installation order (like flash MinMicroG/GApps before Magisk so it won't install as a module. I dunno, talk to the package installer authors to get them to just build multiple packages or talk to the LineageOS devs to allow you to decrypt internal storage, copy stuff to internal storage via MTP, and install stuff from internal storage like a proper custom recovery (or at least maybe `adb push` to an unencrypted temp dir in the data partition).
- Reboot system.
- ???
- Profit!

OTA updating from Updater app with OOS 11.x firmware (recommended):
- This is the preferred way now. You just go to Settings > System > Updater, and... install an update. It processes addon.d OTA survival scripts correctly (tested with Magisk, MinMicroG, MindTheGapps, and NikGapps).

- Please note that there's currently an accidental depencency on Magisk being installed for this to work. I don't know if this will get fixed; that's definitely above my pay grade. This appears to have been fixed; huzzah!
- If you're trying to do a "Local Install" of the downloaded zip, please note you NEED to download on a computer & transfer to internal storage via USB cable; downloading files from an app on the phone associates it with a particular app thanks to Android 11+ Scoped Storage/SAF bull**** and will cause the file to be unreadable to the updater app process.

-- Old TWRP-based instructions below the fold (not recommended, but keeping for historical value... probably not accurate but I'm not going to update them more) --
OTA updating from TWRP with OOS 11.x firmware:
You don't need to remove device protection; it works fine with PIN. Be sure you have a PIN set, or have looked up whatever that arcane chart of pattern > numeric incantations in case of pattern unlock. It's awful.
- Boot into TWRP recovery.
- Choose install, then select crDroid.zip, select additional zips, choose the TWRP installer zip, then slide to confirm flash.
- Reboot recovery.
- Choose install, then select Magisk zip (if using), select additional zips, choose GApps/microG (if using), slide to confirm flash.
- Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your... dalvik.
- Reboot system.

OTA updating from TWRP with OOS 10.x firmware:
- Don't. Update firmware to 11.1.2.2 first.

Reporting bugs:
I'm a parent of three young kids whose industry disappeared in the pandemic and is now full-time house husband & parent-in-charge while my wife is teaching full-time, I'm trying to save my small live-event-turned-streaming-studio company in my spare time. I'm doing in-home caregiving for a family member overnight one day a week. This is the back-up spare-spare-time hobby. I'm not a software developer nor do I know any programming languages, I just wanted a ROM with signature spoofing support and more customization than the unofficial microg-compatible LineageOS builds. So if there are bugs or feature requests, I go over to the crDroid dev chat and ask if someone has time to hold my hand & help. Don't make me get yelled for annoying them, mmkay? That said...
- Logs/screenshots/recordings or it didn't happen. Either the built-in Matlog app, or Syslog (free, open source, available on Play store and F-droid) are your friends here.
- I try to keep an organized notebook of roadmap, feature reqeusts, bug reports, etc. I won't always be able to fix it, but I'll at least look and do my best to ask the actual devs.
- I don't sign into XDA much, so if I haven't said anything, check out the Telegram group. Lots of helpful folks there.
- Please keep your questions in this thread instead of PMing me with them directly, so that the entire class can benefit from the discussion and you can find out if it's just you or if this is a widespread issue.

It's your device to use the way you want of course, and I use Magisk & microG and like to tweak things myself. But don't expect much support if you:
- didn't do a clean flash.
- aren't using the built-in kernel.
- are using extensive modifications (besides Magisk) like Xposed/Riru, Dolby Atmos, Viper4A, etc.
- immediately start using "finalize.zip" or flashing migrate restore zips instead of following the actual instructions.
- are running decrypted.
- re-locked your bootloader for some reason... you're on a custom ROM; don't do that.

crDroid Website - Download here!

Donate - Support development!

Telegram Oneplus6/6t group - Share your best cat pictures!

Source Code:
- Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_enchilada/tree/11.0
- OP6/6T Common device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/tree/11.0
- hardware/oneplus/ HALs: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_hardware_oneplus/tree/11.0-op6
- Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/11.0

Last edited:
Notes:
- crDroid 7.x (based on Android 11 & LineageOS 18.1) is no longer being actively developed, and I don't know how long someone on the dev team will keep merging monthly security updates. I'll try to keep building releases as long as there are updates, but all my limited time is focused on 9.x/Android 13 bringup now. We're in maintenance mode now, so any outstanding bugs are likely to just remain for perpetuity.
- Yes it supports package signature spoofing permission for microG compatibility out of the box (but will work without ANY GApps/microG implementation installed as well).
- Maintainer does not use GApps, so cannot answer questions about which packages work best from firsthand experience. In general, go with the smallest package you can and then install other Google apps from the Play Store. Please note that if you replace the stock dialer with Google Dialer, you may lose access to the Phone Info menu (*#*#4636#*#*) until you install another dialer. For recommendations, see https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.
- Requires OOS 11.1.2.2 firmware (last official release). You should consider using an Android 10 ROM if you want to continue using Android 10 firmware.
- Tested against latest Magisk 24 canary (with zygisk instead of magiskhide), works well.
- No there won't be official builds with inline GApps; please don't ask.

crDroid 7.38 - January 2024 ASB release notes/changelog:
Changelog since v7.37 (31 December 2023) official release:

- Merged January 2024 Android Security Bulletin from upstream.
- Whatever the ROM dev team changed upstream in LineageOS and crDroid sources (not much? they're busy with Android 14).
- No changes to device-specific files.

Known issues:
- No f2fs-formatted userdata support, sadly. Doesn't work with the prebuilt vendor partition required for this version of Android. You'll need to reformat data to ext4 before being able to boot (you can fastboot flash the crDroid 8.x or 9.x boot.img if you need a recovery that will let you choose).
- Google Hotword recognition might be kinda broken right now (on more than one custom ROM/device, not just us), and may cause some screw-up that prevents microphone audio from being allowed to go anywhere else if it's enabled.
- If you are stuck at "Android is starting..." looping endlessly, then press power, reboot to bootloader, and follow the instructions for updating firmware to OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 in the first post. It doesn't wipe data, you shouldn't lose anything.
- Some screen-off gestures may not work, due to limitations beyond my control; don't use those gestures. Sorry.

Helpful links:

Download ROM

Android platform tools (adb & fastboot)

OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 Full OTA

Firmware update instructions (LineageOS Wiki)
(Please note that since crDroid 7.x/Android 11 for this device depends on the prebuilt OxygenOS vendor partition, you'll also need to add fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img to the list of commands in the instructions, just before the final fastboot reboot.

MSMTool (oh now you're in trouble - use latest unless you have a good reason to intentionally downgrade)

Magisk (use latest)

Official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 install zip (good luck)

Attachments

• enchilada_twrp-3.5.2_11-0_test3.img
    64 MB · Views: 120
  • crDroidAndroid-11.0-20240121-enchilada-v7.38_boot.img
    64 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

spartan121

Dec 14, 2019
Welcome back team with a11...even with initial build rom is so stable , like this rom simplicity with so many customisations thankyou:)

gray_wolf

Hopefully android auto and face unlock are working. Thanks in advance.

After running the Rom for 5 days now I can confirm that it's very stable and has tons of customization. Unfortunately though android auto is not working. face unlocking, camera, etc works fine. Would appreciate it if you could fix the android auto issue in the future build.

boggdy

Oct 24, 2011
Anyone else having issues with GPay? I'm using Magisk, hidden, and GPay still won't work.

tomasz-c

Sep 25, 2020
Is it possible to update crDroid from 6.13 to 7.2 without data formatting (keeping application and data)?

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore

coomac

Apr 9, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey, I have the twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio TWRP installed on my Oneplus 6, do I still need to upgrade it to the one which you are recommending? I'd rather go with the one that I currently have and not go through the hassle of updating the recovery. That being said, obviously you would know much better.

Please guide

TIA
Twrp 3.3 should work fine with the rom. You can keep using it if you want to. However, there is no extra step to use 3.5 vs 3.3. You have to flash twrp after flashing the rom so you can upgrade to 3.5 by just flashing it instead of 3.3.

Reactions: mahroze
Feb 9, 2021
Firstly, I just want to say this is the most awesome ROM I've tried and i've sat here for a week trying every rom I could get find on the net. It's almost flawless... except for a few hugely killer problems that will sadly make this ROM unusable for me... even though I love it soooo much and if only these things worked... this would be the most amazing ROM ever.

1. After installing GPS doesn't work.

2. When I get a phonecall... I hear the ring... but nothing happens on the screen... so I can't pickup the call. I see after i got a missed call... but i can't answer calls when they're calling... even if I go to the homescreen from whatever app i was using when i got the call... click on the phone icon.... still nothing. Can't answer the call.

3. Text messages simply don't arrive. If I flash the rom back to stock Oxygen OS ... then the text message comes through. But it's a bit late when you're trying to get a verifiaction SMS sent to you to open an messanging app. Can't use the app because i can't get the verification SMS.

If these three things get fixed... omg this will literally be the best ROM ever.

There is a 4th issue... and for me it's important... but it's probably not any fault really of crDroid ROM to be fair...

Very surprisingly... and I just wanted to see if it would work.... kali nethunter for Oxygen OS which is for droid 10 installs over the top of this rom which is droid 11... to much surprise! ...and almost flawlessly... only issue is it doesn't recognise HID interface.

Man... with these 4 things working... this ROM together with nethunter would make for the most badass hacker pentester phone on the planet... save only for the exact same thing on a oneplus 7 or 8 pro.

Many thanks to the devs of this awesome ROM... who hopefully can get 1, 2, and 3 working in the not too distant future... pretty please?

4 is more of a hope and a prayer... but it would be soooo freaking awesome.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Firstly, I just want to say this is the most awesome ROM I've tried and i've sat here for a week trying every rom I could get find on the net. It's almost flawless... except for a few hugely killer problems that will sadly make this ROM unusable for me... even though I love it soooo much and if only these things worked... this would be the most amazing ROM ever.

1. After installing GPS doesn't work.

2. When I get a phonecall... I hear the ring... but nothing happens on the screen... so I can't pickup the call. I see after i got a missed call... but i can't answer calls when they're calling... even if I go to the homescreen from whatever app i was using when i got the call... click on the phone icon.... still nothing. Can't answer the call.

3. Text messages simply don't arrive. If I flash the rom back to stock Oxygen OS ... then the text message comes through. But it's a bit late when you're trying to get a verifiaction SMS sent to you to open an messanging app. Can't use the app because i can't get the verification SMS.

If these three things get fixed... omg this will literally be the best ROM ever.

There is a 4th issue... and for me it's important... but it's probably not any fault really of crDroid ROM to be fair...

Very surprisingly... and I just wanted to see if it would work.... kali nethunter for Oxygen OS which is for droid 10 installs over the top of this rom which is droid 11... to much surprise! ...and almost flawlessly... only issue is it doesn't recognise HID interface.

Man... with these 4 things working... this ROM together with nethunter would make for the most badass hacker pentester phone on the planet... save only for the exact same thing on a oneplus 7 or 8 pro.

Many thanks to the devs of this awesome ROM... who hopefully can get 1, 2, and 3 working in the not too distant future... pretty please?

4 is more of a hope and a prayer... but it would be soooo freaking awesome.

You have been positing this in more than one thread. This has nothing to do with any rom, and is related to what you are doing with your phone or the phone itself. Telephony is flowless on every Android 11 custom rom for Oneplus 6. And so is GPS, which literally connects in seconds.

First thing you should do is: disable wifi calling, because if your provider doesn't have the feature (or you are not provisioned for it), that could cause your problems. Next, uninstall any mode you might have. Try calling without Gapps.

Also, if you ever used Syberia Rom, you got custom /vendor, which would not work with other custom roms that use stock /vendor. So, you need to re-flash full stock rom onto both slots, which is a pre-requisite for flashing most custom roms. Then follow directions for installing a custom rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: crDroid 7.x (Android 11) is now in maintenance-only release mode, and will probably be End-Of-Life'd soon.
    I'll be merging monthly Android Security Bulletins from upstream as they're available & pushing releases, but they're blind builds now, and may break.
    Please consider updating to crDroid 10.x (Android 14):
    crDroid 10.x XDA thread - OP 6/6T

BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is built on top of LineageOS, and is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device, while also attempting to bring you many of the best features in existence today.

Features

A quick glossary and primer on flashing & slots for A/B devices (like ours):

- "Clean flash": Removing device protection & clearing user settings before installing a bootable system install zip (usually by either wiping or formatting data, see below).
    - "Dirty flash": Flashing a ROM zip (usually upgrading to new version, sometimes just re-flashing the existing one) without wiping data or anything first.
    - "Wipe data": Synonymous with "factory reset", accomplished from TWRP recovery by selecting "Wipe", then performing the "Slide to factory reset". Clears user data without erasing any partitions, removing encryption, or deleting contents of internal storage.
    - "Format data": Formats the data partition itself, resets all file-based encryption keys, loses all contents of internal storage, and in fact deletes all "user 0" directories (this has some implications for internal storage before & after first boot).
    - "User 0" directories are a series of directories that store userdata for the primary user, "Owner", and get created in various places throughout the filesystem on first system boot if they don't exist already. Anything you copy to "internal storage" while booted in recovery after "formatting data" will actually be copied to /data/media/ instead of /data/media/0/, and will become invisible to regular file browsing after first boot once the system has created /data/media/0, since the system will prefer to use that path for internal storage from then on (so you'll need a root file browser to delete things from /data/media, or just ADB sideload things instead of copying after formatting but before booting).
    - "OTA package": Originally an abbreviation for "over the air", referring to how a software update could be delivered (as opposed to having to take your phone to a carrier's store for a firmware update via serial/USB connection). The common usage in Android circles is any installation zip file that actually includes a bootable system.
    - Some partitions are duplicated (system, vendor, boot, and probably a couple others, but not data) and have a "slot A" & "slot B" copy.
    - "Slot A" and "slot B" are absolute designations, but most installer zip scripts use the relative designations: "active" and "inactive". Whichever slot you're booted from currently is "active", and the other one is "inactive".
    - Installing a zip file that's flagged as being an OTA package will 1) install the contents to the "inactive" slot, and then 2) flag the bootloader to switch which slot is considered "active" (and booted from) and "inactive" upon next reboot.
    - The OxygenOS full OTA zip files and all custom ROM installer zip files are considered "OTA packages" and will trigger a slot switch on next boot after installation.
    - You can install multiple OTA zip packages one after the other without rebooting in both the stock recovery and TWRP; they will all get installed into the correct partitions in the "inactive" slot, one on top of the other, and then it will swap active & inactive upon reboot.
    - We don't use what are called "delta" updates, which can patch existing partitions by block or by file; we use full filesystem images. So for us, OTA zip packages are really just a bunch of partition filesystem image files all wrapped up into a "payload.bin" with some extra instructions & metadata/checksums, so when you flash a ROM, it overwrites entire partitions at a time instead of individual files or filesystem blocks within that partition. So if you've changed something in a partition like system that gets written as part of flashing an OTA zip, all your changes are gone. The only thing in the system partition afterward will be what was in the system.img that was included in the ROM zip payload.
    - The partitions that crDroid, LineageOS, and most custom ROMs for OnePlus 6 & 6T install to when flashing are boot (contains recovery & kernel), dtbo, system, and vbmeta. Some ROMs (like Syberia) build the vendor partition from source instead of just trying to work with the existing OEM vendor partition, so they flash that one too when installing. So you definitely need to flash stock vendor before switching from Syberia or another source-built vendor ROM to one like Lineage or crDroid that uses prebuilt.
    - "Prebuilt vendor" vs. "source-built" vendor partitions: when first trying to get a custom ROM working on a new device now that we have separate system & vendor partitions & Google's "Project Treble" is a thing, you'll often just leave the contents of the vendor partition alone, because that's where all the proprietary or device-specific stuff lives (manufacturer specific hardware drivers & interfaces, any DRM libraries, custom frameworks & selinux policies for talking to them), and you make a compatibility map of what framework versions you're compiling against in system and what vendor version they're compatible with or supersede or you overlay updated things that should replace stuff in the vendor partition and keep it in system_ext instead. But you're also limited in that if there are some things in vendor, you CAN'T work around it from the ROM side (like, OnePlus Camera working correctly). So often, once the basics are functioning, the goal is to move to building the contents of the vendor partition from source, because you then have the freedom to fix problems with sepolicy, library/framework mismatches, etc. and make things work with the custom ROM instead of only working with the OEM's flavor of Android, and you can still copy individual pre-compiled files from the stock vendor filesystem image if needed (like if there's no open-source equivalent for some driver). Unfortunately, OnePlus SDM845 (enchilada & fajita, the OP6 & OP6T) never got a proper source-built vendor bringup by the LineageOS team (upon which crDroid is based). And while Syberia has had source built vendor in Android 11 (possibly 10?), it was only done for enchilada and NOT fajita, it's not trivial to unroll & commonize what they've done to apply to other ROMs, and some of the proprietary files they keep are imported from other similar devices/similar chipsets rather than source-built (presumably because the OnePlus ones are modified in a weird way that the open-source components can't hook into, but still not ideal). So for fixing a lot of the issues we still face with lack of things working quite right, or hardware features not available in custom ROMs (especially compared to newer OnePlus devices like the 7, 8, or 9 series), we're kinda stuck, because you can't just implement it against the stock prebuilt vendor.
    - "Updating firmware" simply means we're flashing updated contents from the manufacturer into all the OTHER partitions besides the ones that the ROM OTA zip touches. There are another dozen or more of those, besides system & boot, that the full OxygenOS OTA zip would normally write to when you install it. The contents of the system partition in custom ROMs for our device are generally built against a particular version of OxygenOS (mostly the contents of the OEM vendor partition), and we've recently had an entire major Android version update come through from OxygenOS. Some people are still on older firmware that is now dramatically different than what the current custom ROM was intended to deal with (that is, all the stuff from OxygenOS is still based on Android 10, while the ROM is expecting compatibility with Android 11), and while I tend to agree that OxygenOS 10 was better than the current state of OOS 11, that doesn't matter when you're talking about installing the custom ROM over it. So please, keep an eye out in the release notes for what the recommended/required firmware versions are, and remember to update (procedure below).

Notes on custom recoveries with OxygenOS 11 firmware:
    - My understanding (from people smarter than me) is that the android-11 tree of TWRP is kind of a mess at the moment. I had made some 3.6.0_11-0 unofficial builds for both enchilada & fajita, but now they don't even seem to boot and I don't know why. TWRP android-11 tree refuses to mount the system partition where it belongs, and so addon.d OTA survival scripts don't work correctly any longer (which means you're hosed if you use NikGapps and update while booted from a TWRP version ending in "11-0", or if you have Gapps installed as a module and forget to reboot recovery & re-flash Magisk after flashing an update from TWRP).
    - Trying to `fastboot boot` an Android 9-based TWRP image (like official 3.5.2_9-0 twrp.img) after installing OxygenOS 11 doesn't work, and will drop you into Qualcomm Crash Dump mode. Don't try to flash it as your boot partion, either.
    - Meanwhile, stock LineageOS-based recovery, for all its shortcomings, has working fastbootd (aka "Userspace fastboot", which is what happens when you go to "Advanced", then choose "Enter fastboot" and the background colors go from purple to orange) that lets you flash both slots at once and unlocks critical partitions, while the OnePlus OEM bootloader (where it says "Fastboot Mode" in a square, then goes to the big green "START" text over white & dark red terminal font type text) can't be used to flash every partition to update firmware. Personally, I still think of it as wannabe-class and not a "real" custom recovery until the Lineage team 1) implements userdata decryption so you can manage files in /data and install updates from internal storage, and 2) allows for a factory reset the way we've always all understood it ("wipe data") WITHOUT nuking the contents of internal storage for no good reason ("formatting data"). But since crDroid is LineageOS-based, it's what we've got, and fastbootd is the best way to update firmware.
    - With all that being said, since it's likely TWRP will only get MORE broken with Android 12 looming large, we're officially only going to support the built-in LineageOS-based recovery & OTA updater moving forward, until things change dramatically. If you want to try different custom recoveries (new builds of TWRP, OrangeFox, PBRP, whatever), feel free; and let us know how it works! But you're on you're own doing that.
    - And on the system update side, applying system OTA updates seems to work correctly using the built-in Updater tool (Settings > System > Updater) both with new OTA releases and when choosing a file from "Local Installation". It executes OTA survival scripts correctly from /system/addon.d/ as well. I've personally tested and it correctly preserved Magisk v23 canary and MindTheGapps & NikGapps (on tester fajita) and MinMicroG "system" install package on my daily driver enchilada.
    - ...however it has an accidental dependency on Magisk, due to things beyond my control upstream in the ROM. Whoops. Won't work if you don't have Magisk installed.
    - FLASHING the old official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 INSTALLER zip (or newer) on top of OOS 11.x DOES seem to work for now, but you need to be in a recovery environment that allows you to flash that installer in the first place (either by booting into an already-installed TWRP recovery before updating firmware, or by having an Android 11 compatible recovery boot.img to be able to `fastboot boot`). I don't know if it'll keep working in Android 12 or with crDroid 8.
    - Look, if you really want to stick with TWRP, I don't blame you. I made bootable Android 11 compatible TWRP images for enchilada & fajita back at 3.5.2, and they still work well enough to `fastboot boot` them and then flash the old official 3.5.2_9-0 installer zips. Look at the attachments at the end of post #2. Also, you may want to try one of Siddhesh's custom recoveries; they probably work even better.
    - TL;DR: I prefer TWRP too but current official releases are kinda broken and it's a chore to get the old version installed correctly, so built-in LineageOS-based recovery and Updater app are the supported way to install & update moving forward.

Prerequisites:
    - Make sure your bootloader is unlocked (and don't plan on relocking it ffs).
    - Make sure you have a reasonably-current, working installation of android platform tools (adb & fastboot command line binaries & necessary drivers) on your computer, with a known-good USB cable (see links in post #2).
    - Make sure you've downloaded the most recent full OxygenOS OTA installer zip (11.1.2.2), crDroid zip, matching crDroid boot.img, and whatever Magisk/GApps/microG installation packages you want to use to your computer (see links in post #2).
    - Make sure you've backed up whatever data you want to keep to somewhere that's not on your phone; for a new install, we're going to format the data partition and you're going to lose everything from internal storage.

Let's get started!

Updating firmware:
    - Reboot to bootloader (no USB cable connected).
    - If you're not already using the stock (LineageOS-based) recovery, you'll need to `fastboot flash boot path/to/boot.img`, substituting in the path & filename for the current crDroid boot.img that you downloaded as part of the prerequisites.
    - Reboot to bootloader again (actually loads new bootloader that you just flashed).
    - Use Vol +/- buttons to select "Recovery mode" and press Pwr button to boot stock recovery.
    - Tap "Advanced", then tap "Enter fastboot" (the already-selected first option).
    - Follow the instructions for extracting the partition images from the official OxygenOS Updater full OTA zip you already downloaded using the "payload-dumper-go" utility, and flashing them one at a time, from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update, except for the very last command ("fastboot reboot").
    - Since those instructions were updated for Android 12, and this is still Android 11-based & depends on using the OxygenOS prebuilt vendor partition contents, you'll also need to run fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img at the end of the list of commands in the linked LineageOS Wiki article above.
    - If you're only updating firmware and were already on crDroid, you can just "fastboot reboot" which will go back to system. If this is part of coming to crDroid from another ROM, continue with the instructions below.

First time installing crDroid to your OP6, coming from stock OxygenOS 11.x or another ROM (stock LOS-based recovery):
    - Update to OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 firmware as described above if you haven't already.
    - At the end of that procedure, (re)flash the crDroid boot.img to the `boot` partition of both slots, then reboot to recovery.
    - Once you're rebooted into stock recovery, ADB sideload the crDroid installation zip. It might prompt you with "Install anyway?" on the phone, so don't just walk away from it.
    - After the adb sideload has finished and the purple menu at the top comes back, hit the back arrow, then choose "Wipe data" (which WILL format internal storage -- you backed up as noted above, right?).
    - Reboot to recovery (causes it to switch slots so any further installations will be on top of the slot that it just installed crDroid into).
    - ADB sideload Magisk and/or any GApps packages you want to use. Please note that any time you install something via ADB sideloading, that the install file is technically renamed "sideload.zip" in transit by the ADB protocol, which might cause problems with installers that try to get too clever for their own good and alter behavior based on renaming the installation zip (like MinMicroG), so you might have to get even MORE clever with changing up installation order (like flash MinMicroG/GApps before Magisk so it won't install as a module. I dunno, talk to the package installer authors to get them to just build multiple packages or talk to the LineageOS devs to allow you to decrypt internal storage, copy stuff to internal storage via MTP, and install stuff from internal storage like a proper custom recovery (or at least maybe `adb push` to an unencrypted temp dir in the data partition).
    - Reboot system.
    - ???
    - Profit!

OTA updating from Updater app with OOS 11.x firmware (recommended):
    - This is the preferred way now. You just go to Settings > System > Updater, and... install an update. It processes addon.d OTA survival scripts correctly (tested with Magisk, MinMicroG, MindTheGapps, and NikGapps).

- Please note that there's currently an accidental depencency on Magisk being installed for this to work. I don't know if this will get fixed; that's definitely above my pay grade. This appears to have been fixed; huzzah!
    - If you're trying to do a "Local Install" of the downloaded zip, please note you NEED to download on a computer & transfer to internal storage via USB cable; downloading files from an app on the phone associates it with a particular app thanks to Android 11+ Scoped Storage/SAF bull**** and will cause the file to be unreadable to the updater app process.

-- Old TWRP-based instructions below the fold (not recommended, but keeping for historical value... probably not accurate but I'm not going to update them more) --
    OTA updating from TWRP with OOS 11.x firmware:
    You don't need to remove device protection; it works fine with PIN. Be sure you have a PIN set, or have looked up whatever that arcane chart of pattern > numeric incantations in case of pattern unlock. It's awful.
    - Boot into TWRP recovery.
    - Choose install, then select crDroid.zip, select additional zips, choose the TWRP installer zip, then slide to confirm flash.
    - Reboot recovery.
    - Choose install, then select Magisk zip (if using), select additional zips, choose GApps/microG (if using), slide to confirm flash.
    - Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your... dalvik.
    - Reboot system.

OTA updating from TWRP with OOS 10.x firmware:
    - Don't. Update firmware to 11.1.2.2 first.

Reporting bugs:
    I'm a parent of three young kids whose industry disappeared in the pandemic and is now full-time house husband & parent-in-charge while my wife is teaching full-time, I'm trying to save my small live-event-turned-streaming-studio company in my spare time. I'm doing in-home caregiving for a family member overnight one day a week. This is the back-up spare-spare-time hobby. I'm not a software developer nor do I know any programming languages, I just wanted a ROM with signature spoofing support and more customization than the unofficial microg-compatible LineageOS builds. So if there are bugs or feature requests, I go over to the crDroid dev chat and ask if someone has time to hold my hand & help. Don't make me get yelled for annoying them, mmkay? That said...
    - Logs/screenshots/recordings or it didn't happen. Either the built-in Matlog app, or Syslog (free, open source, available on Play store and F-droid) are your friends here.
    - I try to keep an organized notebook of roadmap, feature reqeusts, bug reports, etc. I won't always be able to fix it, but I'll at least look and do my best to ask the actual devs.
    - I don't sign into XDA much, so if I haven't said anything, check out the Telegram group. Lots of helpful folks there.
    - Please keep your questions in this thread instead of PMing me with them directly, so that the entire class can benefit from the discussion and you can find out if it's just you or if this is a widespread issue.

It's your device to use the way you want of course, and I use Magisk & microG and like to tweak things myself. But don't expect much support if you:
    - didn't do a clean flash.
    - aren't using the built-in kernel.
    - are using extensive modifications (besides Magisk) like Xposed/Riru, Dolby Atmos, Viper4A, etc.
    - immediately start using "finalize.zip" or flashing migrate restore zips instead of following the actual instructions.
    - are running decrypted.
    - re-locked your bootloader for some reason... you're on a custom ROM; don't do that.

crDroid Website - Download here!

Donate - Support development!

Telegram Oneplus6/6t group - Share your best cat pictures!

Source Code:
    - Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_enchilada/tree/11.0
    - OP6/6T Common device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/tree/11.0
    - hardware/oneplus/ HALs: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_hardware_oneplus/tree/11.0-op6
    - Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/11.0
    Notes:
    - crDroid 7.x (based on Android 11 & LineageOS 18.1) is no longer being actively developed, and I don't know how long someone on the dev team will keep merging monthly security updates. I'll try to keep building releases as long as there are updates, but all my limited time is focused on 9.x/Android 13 bringup now. We're in maintenance mode now, so any outstanding bugs are likely to just remain for perpetuity.
    - Yes it supports package signature spoofing permission for microG compatibility out of the box (but will work without ANY GApps/microG implementation installed as well).
    - Maintainer does not use GApps, so cannot answer questions about which packages work best from firsthand experience. In general, go with the smallest package you can and then install other Google apps from the Play Store. Please note that if you replace the stock dialer with Google Dialer, you may lose access to the Phone Info menu (*#*#4636#*#*) until you install another dialer. For recommendations, see https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.
    - Requires OOS 11.1.2.2 firmware (last official release). You should consider using an Android 10 ROM if you want to continue using Android 10 firmware.
    - Tested against latest Magisk 24 canary (with zygisk instead of magiskhide), works well.
    - No there won't be official builds with inline GApps; please don't ask.

crDroid 7.38 - January 2024 ASB release notes/changelog:
    Changelog since v7.37 (31 December 2023) official release:

- Merged January 2024 Android Security Bulletin from upstream.
    - Whatever the ROM dev team changed upstream in LineageOS and crDroid sources (not much? they're busy with Android 14).
    - No changes to device-specific files.

Known issues:
    - No f2fs-formatted userdata support, sadly. Doesn't work with the prebuilt vendor partition required for this version of Android. You'll need to reformat data to ext4 before being able to boot (you can fastboot flash the crDroid 8.x or 9.x boot.img if you need a recovery that will let you choose).
    - Google Hotword recognition might be kinda broken right now (on more than one custom ROM/device, not just us), and may cause some screw-up that prevents microphone audio from being allowed to go anywhere else if it's enabled.
    - If you are stuck at "Android is starting..." looping endlessly, then press power, reboot to bootloader, and follow the instructions for updating firmware to OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 in the first post. It doesn't wipe data, you shouldn't lose anything.
    - Some screen-off gestures may not work, due to limitations beyond my control; don't use those gestures. Sorry.

Helpful links:

Download ROM

Android platform tools (adb & fastboot)

OxygenOS 11.1.2.2 Full OTA

Firmware update instructions (LineageOS Wiki)
    (Please note that since crDroid 7.x/Android 11 for this device depends on the prebuilt OxygenOS vendor partition, you'll also need to add fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img to the list of commands in the instructions, just before the final fastboot reboot.

MSMTool (oh now you're in trouble - use latest unless you have a good reason to intentionally downgrade)

Magisk (use latest)

Official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 install zip (good luck)
    From the 'Better Nate Than Lever' department... new official March build is out, my first release as the new maintainer.
    Highlights:
    - Switching to Illusion kernel from AOSiP (the lineage-17.1 based one from before is unlikely to ever be updated with additional nodes from the OOS 10.0 source release, and doesn't support the DeviceSettings customizations we want in A11. meanwhile, Illusion was also LineageOS-based originally, but has more of the goodies from Q added that support the customizations we want, and maintained more frequently), with updated linux-stable security patches and updated wireguard.
    - Reworked the device tree with a much cleaner merge of vanilla lineage-18.1 sources, unofficial bringup patchset from the Lineage gerrit, and commits from crDroid. This is mostly cleaning up under-the-hood to make it easier going forward (because I made a royal mess of things earlier this yeear/late last year).
    - Temporarily removed DeviceSettings (Settings > OnePlus Settings) for now, because it was buggy as heck. I'm still working on it, but you have to remove some Lineage things to replace with it, and I want you folks to have things working right while I figure stuff out.
    - Panel color modes are temporarily gone due to kernel differences, but DC dimming should be working great (in Settings > Display > Livedisplay > Anti Flicker).
    - (Fajita only): FOD should be working again, although I've heard there's some funky business with the fingerprint graphic not disappearing after opening an app with securelocker; swiping the notification shade down and back up seems to clear it.

Recommended setup (I haven't tested on anything else, so please match this if you're filing bugs):
    - 10.3.8 OOS base firmware
    - Official TWRP 3.5.1_9 (adds ability to flash apks as flashable zips if they have the right content, like magisk 22)
    - Magisk v22 if you're going to root (release, beta, or canary - I've been on canary the whole time, works well)
    - I don't use GApps, but happy to take recommendations for which packages work best. I'm using FriendlyNeighborhoodShane's MinMicroG standard package myself, installed to /system.

Dirty flash from 7.3 should work fine, although you might want to wipe Dalvik since we're changing kernels, and possibly clear storage/cache of the Settings app itself (that's where most of the work has been done).

No inline TWRP yet in A11; the old method for including it has been removed ROM-side, so not much I can do for now. If you're installing from recovery or doing a clean flash, you'll need to install the ROM zip, install TWRP, reboot to recovery, install Magisk, then install any GApps/MicroG (or not!), wipe Dalvik, and finally reboot system.
    Sorry for the longer than usual even for me delay; been on a virtual gig (work from home, but still) that's taken 10-12 hours per day for nearly a month... which means coordinating childcare and schedules with my wife who already works full time, and wasn't able to get the October security update releases out before that started.
    I've got some release candidates that I'm gonna call "good enough" and kick out there now, since the November ASB has now been merged into crDroid and I've been avoiding syncing that for fear of it breaking something (it ALWAYS breaks SOMETHING).
    Thanks for hanging on, we're not dead yet!
    The plan will be to then try to merge the updates and build again and see what's broken and if that can be fixed & pushed again before the actual end of this month. *gasp!* *shock!* *astonishment!*