• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

AlyMoh

Jun 20, 2014
Anyone else having touchscreen issues with the latest build? Like not responding to some touches and not being able to pull down the notification shade?

Edit: reverted to last week's build and the issue is gone. So some commit messes with the touchscreen.
I've also been having issues with regards to my touchscreen since this week's build.

How did you revert back to the previous build? Do you just flash last week's ZIP using Lineage Recovery? Or is there some other method I'm not aware of? If you happen to use Magisk, do you know how I can preserve it in this case?

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
I've also been having issues with regards to my touchscreen since this week's build.

How did you revert back to the previous build? Do you just flash last week's ZIP using Lineage Recovery? Or is there some other method I'm not aware of? If you happen to use Magisk, do you know how I can preserve it in this case?
I just flashed last week's build as I flash every new build. It should not be a problem as long as the security patch level is not different and it is not in this case.
I flash using TWRP and always flash magisk after every flash, but it should just work the way you upgrade normally.

theandy94

May 21, 2015
Another issue I just experienced with the latest build is that gcam cannot save any photos I'm taking.
Same thing if I want to crop an image in the lineage gallery app, upon saving nothing happens.

After reverting to the previous lineage build everything works fine again.

Reactions: Pundy

Pundy

Jan 4, 2013
Essen
OnePlus 6
Another issue I just experienced with the latest build is that gcam cannot save any photos I'm taking.
Same thing if I want to crop an image in the lineage gallery app, upon saving nothing happens.

After reverting to the previous lineage build everything works fine again.
Jup. Same problem here. the latest build was withdrawn (07-27). I'll just wait for the new build on tuesday :cool:

ToXicWinter

Aug 3, 2013
OnePlus 6
Questions: I installed the latest build the other day and ended up then wiping and going to the latest open beta (Android 11) due to some issues. Here is where the questions start as I preferred the battery life and performance on lineage.

Notification led not working all the time. Seemed to work only when the device was plugged in to light up or blink. I tend not to always have my phone on me and notification led is kind of a big deal for me. Anyone else seen this issue?

OnePlus navigation gestures. Where I feel the Google gestures might seem more intuitive they just didn't for me. Swiping up from the bottom left or right to go back and up in the middle for home just seems to work better, at least for me. Is it possible to get these gestures in lineage?

Also I noticed changing the grid size to 4x5 didn't change the layout of the bottom icons for phone, messages, etc. Changing to 3x3 worked fine and 5x5 but 4x5 changed app drawer and screen apps except those bottom ones. Bug/it's not a bug it's a feature?

Pundy

Jan 4, 2013
Essen
OnePlus 6
Hi everyone, I'm thinking switching to LineageOS from stock OOS.
Is this ROM stable enough for a daily use? Banking app are working?
Are there any particular caveat?
Thanks
Hey. Yes it's very stable and very good battery life. I recommend NikGapps if you like to use Google Apps with LineageOS. You have to hide banking apps with magisk.
Have fun with LOS 18.1 :)

I prefer a clean install :)

1. Use MSM Tool https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/op6-latest-10-3-8-collection-of-unbrick-tools.3914109/ (it is like a full factory reset with a clean install - you have to unlock your bootloader again!!!)
2. Download latest OOS Full Update https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...icial-oxygen-os-roms-and-ota-updates.3792244/, latest TWRP https://eu.dl.twrp.me/enchilada/, NikGapps https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/
and copy them into Device
3. Flash OOS, TWRP & Reboot to Recovery
4. Flash OOS, TWRP & Reboot to Recovery
5. Flash ROM, TWRP & Reboot to Recovery
6. Flash NikGapps (and Magisk) & Get back to Recovery Menu
7. Select Wipe and just swipe to wipe data
8. Reboot to system
9. Done

Last edited:
Reactions: cavjr08
Jul 4, 2018
OnePlus 6
Hey. Yes it's very stable and very good battery life. I recommend NikGapps if you like to use Google Apps with LineageOS. You have to hide banking apps with magisk.
Have fun with LOS 18.1 :)

I prefer a clean install :)

1. Use MSM Tool https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/op6-latest-10-3-8-collection-of-unbrick-tools.3914109/ (it is like a full factory reset with a clean install - you have to unlock your bootloader again!!!)
2. Download latest OOS Full Update https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...icial-oxygen-os-roms-and-ota-updates.3792244/, latest TWRP https://eu.dl.twrp.me/enchilada/, NikGapps https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/
and copy them into Device
3. Flash OOS, TWRP & Reboot to Recovery
4. Flash OOS, TWRP & Reboot to Recovery
5. Flash ROM, TWRP & Reboot to Recovery
6. Flash NikGapps (and Magisk) & Get back to Recovery Menu
7. Select Wipe and just swipe to wipe data
8. Reboot to system
9. Done
Hi, magisk isn't necessary needed though? I had magisk installed with magiskhide and my banking apps still weren't working. So. I want to stay root-less but also want to try out custom roms.

Pundy

Jan 4, 2013
Essen
OnePlus 6
I couldnt get my sparkasse tan app to work. How exactly did u do it? Maybe i have missed something. It keeps redirecting me to a webpage saying my phone isn't secure because it's rooted.
Sure!
Check this post here :)

• Love
Reactions: 4242hanspeter4242

coffeemug-card

Aug 2, 2021
Hello,

First of all, thank you for this awesome ROM! I've been using it daily for the past couple of weeks and i'm really enjoying it.

However, i've found some issues, wich might be related to each other and to another post here wich didn't get a reply.

• When i go in to settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile network -> App data usage, there are mo apps listed, please see the screenshot attatched.

• Also, when i go to settings -> Apps & notifications -> See all xx apps -> [select the app] -> Mobile data & Wi-Fi, the total, foreground and background usage is all 0 B.

• When i apply a data restriction (for example block all network acces) from the same menu, the block does not work. Every app i've tried it on can still communicate with the internet, no matter if i am on wifi or using mobile data

The Wi-Fi issue was also reported by member ali60351 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-enchilada-11-lineageos-18-1.4174687/post-85049781), but he did not get a respose as far as i could see.

I really hope this will be fixed since i don't want some chinese apps wich i need to have connect to the internet in the background.

photo_2021-08-02_22-55-06.jpg

Top Liked Posts

copy-partitions zip ? can you please help me how to do it? before installing LOS I just flashed oos 11 through 2 slots A and B from TWRP recovery then I flashed LOS.What did I do wrong ?
    You didn't follow wiki instructions :)
    after I redo it all according to the wiki's instructions, everything is greatThe .rom is very smooth and the temperature is cool, after installing I tried using the OK GOOGLE feature but it didn't work.
    I use open gaps and don't root the device Can you please help me one more time? I have tried going into settings and checking but no problem found.
    Thank you so much
    Which opengapps were you using?
    I use these
    https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1CvN4tZH_VWX17dI2Hlevgy-HfQolOTTW?sort=13&direction=a
    They are built off the official repo but with all packages
    after I redo it all according to the wiki's instructions, everything is greatThe .rom is very smooth and the temperature is cool, after installing I tried using the OK GOOGLE feature but it didn't work.
    I use open gaps and don't root the device Can you please help me one more time? I have tried going into settings and checking but no problem found.
    Thank you so much
    I'm not sure about Google Assistant - I'm using MindTheGapps and it's not working either.

Edit: Actually, it works fine. Just had to set Google as the default assistant app. D'oh.
    I mean update in OTA update from settings.after download rom and install i got bootlop error and had to go to twrp recovery wipe factory reset I just booted into my system and lost all installed apps.this is similar to when i use adb sideload on lineageos recovery.i tried installing lineageos then booting into the system and updating still failed to bootlop.
    I'm not root my phone
    Did you flash copy-partitions zip before the first LOS install?
    Also, just use LOS recovery - I don't think TWRP supports LOS OTA updates.
    Just did a clean install and for some reason my phone only boots into TWRP. I can boot into fastboot, but if I try to boot into system it redirects to recovery. Any help?

Below is my original post when I tried with LOS 17.1. I'm now trying with OOS 11 and the latest LOS 18.1.

Someone suggested I repost here for help.
    For what I heard, if this happens to you, in TWRP you have to go to "Advanced > Fix recovery bootloop". This should fix your problem.
    Probably will be fixed once OxygenOS 11 vendor firmware support is implemented into LOS18.1 (which according to the changelog should be available on the next build)

I experienced the same issue, however, after flashing a different firmware to my router (for other reasons than this bug. If you're curious - went from Padavan to AsusWRT-Merlin), the issue went away. So to me it seems that current LOS 18.1 builds perhaps are not happy with certain router configs, for some reason.
    Thank you for the detailed insight! Seems the same to me, as some users do not experience issues at all. HOWEVER, like the others posted above, I then installed the MCD kernel, latest version, and now all problems are gone. Which seems quite natural, as in the first post of the kernel thread it is stated that the kernel uses a special wifi module that seems to differ from our stock/LOS module. So I'd assume something is wrong there.

Also, just for others who might read this, I have the subjective feeling that battery life is even better with the new kernel. Maybe because my phone does not worry as much about wifi now anymore. Also deep sleep works great (might've worked great even before flashing the kernel tho, I didn't check), phone lies dead cold while not beeing used.
    Thank you so much
    I'm not sure about Google Assistant - I'm using MindTheGapps and it's not working either.

Edit: Actually, it works fine. Just had to set Google as the default assistant app. D'oh.
    when lineageos update to base to 11 What do I need to do so I don't get the error?
    Fastboot: unknow option -- slot=all
    I should try Fastboot: unknow option -- slot=a or b ?
    get the latest platform tools with the updated adb/fastboot and the issue should go away?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    If anybody is curious, Ive been crawling through the code commits. Unfortunately, it looks like both Enchilada and Fajita will have to wait for some time due to issues that were encountered when booting. At least for Fajita. It will be some time until we get our first official build.

UPDATE 1: Both Enchilada and Fajita have been reverted from the hudson branch, which indicates official commit status has been reversed. Our savior Luk has got hands full with work on these issues I imagine, so wait times will extend. Hang tight lads! We will land on Hudson soon, I hope.

UPDATE 2: That was quick! Seems like Luk figured out the issue for Fajita and has opened a commit to merge fajita to 18.1 official again. Fajita and enchilada are merged to the Hudson branch once again. This is good news, and I am hoping that the enchilada build will be posted and merged on schedule.
    Anyone else having touchscreen issues with the latest build? Like not responding to some touches and not being able to pull down the notification shade?

Edit: reverted to last week's build and the issue is gone. So some commit messes with the touchscreen.