• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Cygnust

Jul 22, 2008
Paris
OnePlus 6
Hi,
I see many of you advise to use MindtheGaps, I always used opengapps.
Can I flash Mindthegaps over opengapps without any issue ?

Many thanks

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hi,
I see many of you advise to use MindtheGaps, I always used opengapps.
Can I flash Mindthegaps over opengapps without any issue ?

Many thanks
I'm perfectly happy with opengapps. But as to your question. I'm no expert but I read somewhere that you first need to uninstall opengapps before installing mindthegapps. I wouldn't risk that if I did not have a serious issue

kecodoc

Apr 29, 2011
HaiPhong
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the info CrysisLTU.

I've followed the wiki, every step. That is the most annoying thing. As you say the Gapps are now working, I've installed MindTheGaps.

The issue with the SMS is still there and I don't know why SMS works with only one of the SimCards .

Ill check the MSMDownloadTool.

Thanks!!

I got many errors before I followed the wiki, when I followed the wiki step by step after the installation was done the first time I felt I was using lineageos.I mean it's really great.
At first I used nickgaps but now I use opengaps everything works fine and there are no errors.

lcrubn

Jan 26, 2016
I got many errors before I followed the wiki, when I followed the wiki step by step after the installation was done the first time I felt I was using lineageos.I mean it's really great.
At first I used nickgaps but now I use opengaps everything works fine and there are no errors.
Hi,
I've installed Mindthegaps and now everything is working for me. The SMS issue was not related with LOS.

Thanks for the ROM and for the replies!

dumbl3

Apr 19, 2012
Clean installed LOS18.1 yesterday from Android 11 firmware base. Spent 1 hour figuring out why I was not able to setup my WhatsApp, turned out it had nothing to do with Lineage but because Facebook was down.

Anyway everything is runnin smooth. Thanks 👍

Gotolei

Waited around for the kinks to be worked out, just updated from 0831 a couple days ago. Working well overall, but a couple things I've noticed:
- alarm and custom text on lock screen is exceedingly small (both display scaling settings on "default" for reference)
- when in a call on speakerphone and battery percentage is enabled, icons flow beneath the notch and get cut off
- srgb and default are still the only two working color profiles, dci-p3 is same as default

I'm assuming the extra padding added around the sides of the status bar was an intentional change? Why is it so different between lock screen and normal ui?
On the topic of the lock screen, I don't see the reasons behind stretching the pin input across the whole screen height as well. As tall as phones are, that mostly serves to make it more difficult to use and easier to shoulder-surf.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-161644.png
    Screenshot_20211006-161644.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20211006-162025_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20211006-162025_Phone.png
    122 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20211006-163638.png
    Screenshot_20211006-163638.png
    81 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Waited around for the kinks to be worked out, just updated from 0831 a couple days ago. Working well overall, but a couple things I've noticed:
- alarm and custom text on lock screen is exceedingly small (both display scaling settings on "default" for reference)
- when in a call on speakerphone and battery percentage is enabled, icons flow beneath the notch and get cut off
- srgb and default are still the only two working color profiles, dci-p3 is same as default

I'm assuming the extra padding added around the sides of the status bar was an intentional change? Why is it so different between lock screen and normal ui?
On the topic of the lock screen, I don't see the reasons behind stretching the pin input across the whole screen height as well. As tall as phones are, that mostly serves to make it more difficult to use and easier to shoulder-surf.
Something is wrong at your end. Text on lock screen is not that small for me. Pin numbers are also not stretched out across the whole display. Are you running OOS11 vendor firmware?

Can't say anything about the icons hiding behind the notch - haven't looked for that yet.

As for color profiles - this I am experiencing too.

Gotolei

Something is wrong at your end. Text on lock screen is not that small for me. Pin numbers are also not stretched out across the whole display. Are you running OOS11 vendor firmware?

Can't say anything about the icons hiding behind the notch - haven't looked for that yet.

As for color profiles - this I am experiencing too.
OOS11 firmware, extracted from full OTA, flashed in fastboot, all those in the wiki. I grabbed the most recent full stable 11.1.1.1 from oxygen updater, is it meant to be extracted from a beta build or something?

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
OOS11 firmware, extracted from full OTA, flashed in fastboot, all those in the wiki. I grabbed the most recent full stable 11.1.1.1 from oxygen updater, is it meant to be extracted from a beta build or something?
I'm still rocking the stable 11 (.0 I guess?) firmware. 11.1.1.1 is quite new, I haven't tested it yet. Since the LOS kernel at the moment is based on the first OOS 11 kernel, I'm sticking to it until 11.1.1.1 kernel source is out.

So you could try the first stable OOS 11 vendor firmware and see if that fixes the scaling issues.

Gotolei

I'm still rocking the stable 11 (.0 I guess?) firmware. 11.1.1.1 is quite new, I haven't tested it yet. Since the LOS kernel at the moment is based on the first OOS 11 kernel, I'm sticking to it until 11.1.1.1 kernel source is out.

So you could try the first stable OOS 11 vendor firmware and see if that fixes the scaling issues.
Dug up the thread, flashed all the 11.0.0.0 things, still seeing the same tiny text and tall pin input. Just to be sure, what baseband version do you have? (On mine: .15-00007-SDM845_GEN_PACK-1.417328.2.422944.1, vendor security patch july 1)

OOS OTA firmware download thread for search reference because it's a pain to find as it's under the guides subforum for some reason: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...icial-oxygen-os-roms-and-ota-updates.3792244/

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Dug up the thread, flashed all the 11.0.0.0 things, still seeing the same tiny text and tall pin input. Just to be sure, what baseband version do you have? (On mine: .15-00007-SDM845_GEN_PACK-1.417328.2.422944.1, vendor security patch july 1)

OOS OTA firmware download thread for search reference because it's a pain to find as it's under the guides subforum for some reason: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...icial-oxygen-os-roms-and-ota-updates.3792244/
Yup, my baseband version and vendor security patch is the same.
Could it be gapps? People seem to be having some issues with OpenGapps. I'm using MindTheGapps.

Gotolei

Yup, my baseband version and vendor security patch is the same.
Could it be gapps? People seem to be having some issues with OpenGapps. I'm using MindTheGapps.
Going off the folder I was using at the time, I'm using MindTheGapps as well. Just noticed that I'm not using tuesday's los build yet though, so getting that installed right now to see if it's changed in the last week or so.

Edit: both lock screen weirdnesses still the same in 1005

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
And another question here: Are Smart Replies in the notifications of messengers like WhatsApp working for you? I am using the ROM in German, and I never saw any Smart Reply yet, even though the option is activated under the notification settings.

Edit: Nevermind, I THINK they are disabled on my phone because I also disabled normal suggestions on my keyboard, as well as the dictionary.. According to screenshots from official Android sites they are kinda linked I guess...

Last edited:

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Just want to ask, is Verizon working well on this? Dont need to tamper with any configs?

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
Hi, so I wrongly posted in the fajita thread. Regarding srgb/colours :
a) I do like the "washed out" look of srgb, more natural to me. Since A11 FW upgrade, srgb is quite saturated, and standard is VERY saturated
b) fajita had a different issue, srgb was not persistent, but at least it looked like srgb. Now it's even fixed (persistent)

So is it possible to restore the "srgb" look on enchilada as well, like on A10 basis?

Reactions: Obscurax

MickyFoley

Mar 17, 2012
Traun
defcon5.biz
Just a tiny review, story, thank you and probably my first post since a few years now:

Was pretty happy with OOS, no doubt. Then the hassle began a few days ago. Some are apps were acting weird and resisted getting a connection, despite my connection was OK and permissions too. Whether reinstalling, nor clearing really everything at the base of data/data/ from those apps helped. Thought: Maybe do the step to OOS11 now. Made that. Suddenly, now also Android Auto stopped working. Paired, but no connection. Displays "Unknown Device". So back to the scratchboard and bringing back something I really didn't do a long time ago: Get TWRP, clear everything, setup LOS, GApps, SuperSU... ahm... Magisk.

TWRP? Seems to be gone for our devices. Even custom once seems to be vanished. Don't know what happened, but maintenance got dropped? Read through the threads, the latest version should word fine - except encryption. Since this wouldn't be something I need to have: Fine.
Connection my laptop to the device, get the latest SDK platform tools and USB driver. "adb devices" works. Fine. "adb reboot bootloader" working too - I'm happy. Moving all together: "fastboot boot twrp.img"... hmmm... Nothing? Ah, here we go. Qualcomm error. Dang. So, what to do now? MSM? Nope. LOS/CM like I had on all my devices for now.

Recovery from LOS. That might work for me. Again to the bootloader and flashed the recovery. Reboot to OOS now? What happened? "adb reboot recovery". There we go. Fine. Now what? Mhm. Got it. Simpy sideload it in LOS recovery. Fine with that. a/b partition was kinda new for me now. Never had to deal with it, because "fastboot boot twrp.img" was a thing. Never had to install a custom recovery, because: No reason to. So straight forward: Flash LOS, flash MindTheGApps, flash Magisk 23. Switch to fastboot: "fastboot –set-active=_a" & reboot to recovery, flash the other partition the same way > Reboot to system.

Setup straight forward like in the past and was curious, if everything works.

So here the points:
• Android Auto works better than on OOS10 (and obviously 11, because never worked).
• No problems encountered so far over all.
• AOD works like a charm.
• AMOLED dark theme is something OOS should adopt, but probably never will.
• Recovery is a bit underwhelming/simple, but does the job.
• Google Camera Mod (Urnyx) works like it did on OOS.
• DAC seems to be better than on OOS? Maybe? Because my car stereo sounds better, I think. Maybe placebo.
• Kernel seems to be decent, because not pulling a crazy amount of energy for same tasks whilst keeping the device snappy. Tweaked governor possibly. Have to look this up. Maybe placebo too.
• OOS navigation gestures and face unlock will be missed, for sure.

Final verdict: I'm for sure not switching back to OOS. LOS18.1 seems to be stable enough for my daily usage. Thanks for all the efforts and time, you are putting into it!

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Gentlemen I awant to ask, I have OOS (Android 9), before flashing 11.1.1.1 should I first flash to this android 10 version because of firmware? Or just flash straight to 11.1.1.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It wont. If you use TWRP, boot into it, flash OOS 11, then LOS build, then twrp, then reboot recovery (for slot swap), do the process again, flash magisk optionally and reboot. You are done. :)

Up to you, I just written what I did when I was perfoming this upgrade :)

Thank you to you two!

The Firmware upgrade with the Lineage process was very fast. Very probably faster than flashing the whole OOS then LOS.

I confirm Dash is working now. I'll try to remember next time about the fw upgrade.
    I can't find on the wiki how to flash OnePlus oos version android 11 before flashing lineageos
    Flash LOS 18.1 first to get the necessary fastboot entry in recovery.
    Afterwards flash OOS 11 following LOS wiki.
    Hello!

I'd like to step up from OOS 9.0.9 to LOS18.1 - and as people here wrote before, the guide on the LOS homepage doesn't describe my scenario either and I don't want to mess up.
    Could someone please assist me? Thanks a lot!!!

Status today:
    Recovery: TWRP Team win recovery 3.2.3-0
    Bootloader: Unlocked
    Kernel: 4.9.106-ElementalX-OP6-3.19#1

What exactly doesn't fit your scenario?
    I' do the following:

(Backup personal data)
    Update OOS to latest release ( thus you are at the same point of departure the wiki presumes).
    Flash LOS as described in the wiki.
    So I just update to the latest android 11 and then follow the instructions?
    Do I need to perform the updates between 9.0.9 and the latest A11 via system update or recovery?
    Guess on my way to A11, I'll lose root and the kernel will go back to stock. Will that have a negative impact on the LOS installation?

I'm just scared to mess it up.

Given that you use OOS, I'd assume the built-in updater to offer you appropriate updates.
    So, update to the most recent update until you're at 11.
    I've never used OOS, but flashed LOS instantly after receiving my OP6, so I don't know how exactly the OOS built-in updater works.

Since the LOS installation usually assumes stock, you would be at exactly the point the procedure expects you to be -- no trouble here. I'd say.

How exactly do you define "mess up"?
    If things go wrong, you will still be able to reset the phone to stock, IIRC there's even a Windows tool to do that for you.
    What is your--
    LineageOS version
    : lineage-18.1-20211102-nightly-enchilada-signed
    LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineageos.org/enchilada
    Gapps version: Nay

Did you--
    wipe: Yes
    restore with titanium backup: No
    reboot after having the issue: Yes, (and later tried to clear cache of bluetooth app)

Are you using--
    a task killer: Nay
    a non-stock kernel: Nay
    other modifications: Nay, no additional apps.

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Bluetooth appears to broken. My Anker Motion+(BT 5.0, aptx) doesn't show up when I try to search for it, neither does my EarFun Free Pro(BT 5.2, MCSync) earbuds. My Mi band 5 does show up but I can't pair to it.

I've tried to wipe and flash again following the instructions in the wiki but with the same end result, no working Bluetooth.

Both of these audio devices worked on OxygenOS 10 and latest 11 from last month, and I can pair them to my laptop, so hardware fault is excluded.
    The only Bluetooth issue I have experienced is that my ESP32 based A2DP device won't automatically reconnect after a while, but I can't say whether it's an issue with LOS or my ESP32 code. But Bluetooth device discovery and connection in general works fine. I have not tested BT 5.0/5.2 devices, though
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    If anybody is curious, Ive been crawling through the code commits. Unfortunately, it looks like both Enchilada and Fajita will have to wait for some time due to issues that were encountered when booting. At least for Fajita. It will be some time until we get our first official build.

UPDATE 1: Both Enchilada and Fajita have been reverted from the hudson branch, which indicates official commit status has been reversed. Our savior Luk has got hands full with work on these issues I imagine, so wait times will extend. Hang tight lads! We will land on Hudson soon, I hope.

UPDATE 2: That was quick! Seems like Luk figured out the issue for Fajita and has opened a commit to merge fajita to 18.1 official again. Fajita and enchilada are merged to the Hudson branch once again. This is good news, and I am hoping that the enchilada build will be posted and merged on schedule.
    Anyone else having touchscreen issues with the latest build? Like not responding to some touches and not being able to pull down the notification shade?

Edit: reverted to last week's build and the issue is gone. So some commit messes with the touchscreen.