• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Jan 8, 2014
No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html
I do not yet use Magisk -- what happens if you forget to do that _before_ rebooting?
The link is equally silent on this, probably not that implausible, scenario.

Jeeza

Dec 28, 2011
Padova
I'm thinking about switching to LOS from stock (for security patches, mainly). I used the search function but couldn't find a recent answer, so please forgive my question:

I don't need to root the phone. Would Google play work out of the box if Magisk is not installed/phone not rooted?
Or I DO need Magisk to have Gpay enabled?

Thank you all!

Evon88

Feb 4, 2019
OnePlus 6
error installing gApps mini, error 70
i tried to fix system partation but in TWRP i cant find it anymore idk why, i really want to install mini gapps so how?
i installed pico but still want mini

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
error installing gApps mini, error 70
i tried to fix system partation but in TWRP i cant find it anymore idk why, i really want to install mini gapps so how?
i installed pico but still want mini
According to the LOS wiki, they point to nano OpenGapps. Mini might not fit. Install nano, then install any apps you need from Play Store. Or try MindTheGapps.

nozz93

Jul 22, 2010
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Updated from OOS 10 firmware to OOS 11 (11.1.1.1) firmware using the LineageOS Wiki guide -> Qualcomm Crash Dump mode on reboot.
I was still on a LOS version which doesn't support the OOS 11 firmware so I thought I'd just update it via recovery but now I'm stuck on the LOS boot logo. Flashed latest LOS again + Gapps + Magisk and it's still not booting :|

Edit: Downgrading the vendor firmware, wiping /system and reinstalling an older version of LOS doesn't work either, now LOS tells me it can't load the Android system. I guess I'll have to wipe completely.

Edit 2: I'm not sure how but I managed to fix it... Basically I flashed the OOS11 firmware (still 11.1.1.1) once again (like described in the Wiki) and then went through the LOS installation guide from the Wiki but without doing a factory reset.

Last edited:

Jamess27

Sep 22, 2015
Can anyone help me in the installation process? The guide on lineage site do not suit my case and I don't want to end up with a soft bricked device.
I am currently running omnirom (android 10) with microg and magisk.
How can I update to the latest lineage os version? Thank you very much

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Can anyone help me in the installation process? The guide on lineage site do not suit my case and I don't want to end up with a soft bricked device.
I am currently running omnirom (android 10) with microg and magisk.
How can I update to the latest lineage os version? Thank you very much
You'll have to do a clean flash, so you'll have to follow the wiki instructions

Bluefreak1988

Dec 12, 2011
Hello!

I'd like to step up from OOS 9.0.9 to LOS18.1 - and as people here wrote before, the guide on the LOS homepage doesn't describe my scenario either and I don't want to mess up.
Could someone please assist me? Thanks a lot!!!

Status today:
Recovery: TWRP Team win recovery 3.2.3-0
Bootloader: Unlocked
Kernel: 4.9.106-ElementalX-OP6-3.19#1

Jan 8, 2014
Hello!

I'd like to step up from OOS 9.0.9 to LOS18.1 - and as people here wrote before, the guide on the LOS homepage doesn't describe my scenario either and I don't want to mess up.

Status today:

What exactly doesn't fit your scenario?
I' do the following:

(Backup personal data)
Update OOS to latest release ( thus you are at the same point of departure the wiki presumes).
Flash LOS as described in the wiki.

Reactions: Bluefreak1988

Bluefreak1988

Dec 12, 2011
I' do the following:

(Backup personal data)
Update OOS to latest release ( thus you are at the same point of departure the wiki presumes).
So I just update to the latest android 11 and then follow the instructions?
Do I need to perform the updates between 9.0.9 and the latest A11 via system update or recovery?
Guess on my way to A11, I'll lose root and the kernel will go back to stock. Will that have a negative impact on the LOS installation?

I'm just scared to mess it up.

Jan 8, 2014
Do I need to perform the updates between 9.0.9 and the latest A11 via system update or recovery?
Guess on my way to A11, I'll lose root and the kernel will go back to stock. Will that have a negative impact on the LOS installation?

Given that you use OOS, I'd assume the built-in updater to offer you appropriate updates.
So, update to the most recent update until you're at 11.
I've never used OOS, but flashed LOS instantly after receiving my OP6, so I don't know how exactly the OOS built-in updater works.

Since the LOS installation usually assumes stock, you would be at exactly the point the procedure expects you to be -- no trouble here. I'd say.

How exactly do you define "mess up"?
If things go wrong, you will still be able to reset the phone to stock, IIRC there's even a Windows tool to do that for you.

Reactions: Bluefreak1988

Bluefreak1988

Dec 12, 2011
It's just more scary with those A/B partitions and then updating via ADB.. I was used to changing roms often but only via twrp, before the OP6 that I almost hardbricked in the beginning.

I did some research today as well and it lines up with what you're saying. I updating to latest oos A11 and then follow the install guide.
The adb and fastboot commands are already working. Now I'm preparing small stuff before moving to LOS.
I'll give it a try tomorrow morning and let you know how it went.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Just a small issue, but atm my phone does not tell me the estimated time until full charge during charging. Is it the same for you guys here?

bitcasual

Nov 22, 2010
What is your--
LineageOS version
: lineage-18.1-20211102-nightly-enchilada-signed
LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineageos.org/enchilada
Gapps version: Nay

Did you--
wipe: Yes
restore with titanium backup: No
reboot after having the issue: Yes, (and later tried to clear cache of bluetooth app)

Are you using--
a task killer: Nay
a non-stock kernel: Nay
other modifications: Nay, no additional apps.

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Bluetooth appears to broken. My Anker Motion+(BT 5.0, aptx) doesn't show up when I try to search for it, neither does my EarFun Free Pro(BT 5.2, MCSync) earbuds. My Mi band 5 does show up but I can't pair to it.

I've tried to wipe and flash again following the instructions in the wiki but with the same end result, no working Bluetooth.

Both of these audio devices worked on OxygenOS 10 and latest 11 from last month, and I can pair them to my laptop, so hardware fault is excluded.

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
What is your--
LineageOS version
: lineage-18.1-20211102-nightly-enchilada-signed
LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineageos.org/enchilada
Gapps version: Nay

Did you--
wipe: Yes
restore with titanium backup: No
reboot after having the issue: Yes, (and later tried to clear cache of bluetooth app)

Are you using--
a task killer: Nay
a non-stock kernel: Nay
other modifications: Nay, no additional apps.

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Bluetooth appears to broken. My Anker Motion+(BT 5.0, aptx) doesn't show up when I try to search for it, neither does my EarFun Free Pro(BT 5.2, MCSync) earbuds. My Mi band 5 does show up but I can't pair to it.

I've tried to wipe and flash again following the instructions in the wiki but with the same end result, no working Bluetooth.

Both of these audio devices worked on OxygenOS 10 and latest 11 from last month, and I can pair them to my laptop, so hardware fault is excluded.
The only Bluetooth issue I have experienced is that my ESP32 based A2DP device won't automatically reconnect after a while, but I can't say whether it's an issue with LOS or my ESP32 code. But Bluetooth device discovery and connection in general works fine. I have not tested BT 5.0/5.2 devices, though

Reactions: bitcasual

Top Liked Posts

Make sure to use the latest platform-tools.
    Also, you need to flash via the recovery's fastboot menu.
    It worked via the recovery's fastboot menu!

Thanks
    It wont. If you use TWRP, boot into it, flash OOS 11, then LOS build, then twrp, then reboot recovery (for slot swap), do the process again, flash magisk optionally and reboot. You are done. :)

Up to you, I just written what I did when I was perfoming this upgrade :)

Thank you to you two!

The Firmware upgrade with the Lineage process was very fast. Very probably faster than flashing the whole OOS then LOS.

I confirm Dash is working now. I'll try to remember next time about the fw upgrade.
    I can't find on the wiki how to flash OnePlus oos version android 11 before flashing lineageos
    Flash LOS 18.1 first to get the necessary fastboot entry in recovery.
    Afterwards flash OOS 11 following LOS wiki.
    Hello!

Status today:

I' do the following:

(Backup personal data)

Given that you use OOS, I'd assume the built-in updater to offer you appropriate updates.
    So, update to the most recent update until you're at 11.
    I've never used OOS, but flashed LOS instantly after receiving my OP6, so I don't know how exactly the OOS built-in updater works.

Since the LOS installation usually assumes stock, you would be at exactly the point the procedure expects you to be -- no trouble here. I'd say.

How exactly do you define "mess up"?
    If things go wrong, you will still be able to reset the phone to stock, IIRC there's even a Windows tool to do that for you.
    Make sure to use the latest platform-tools.
    Also, you need to flash via the recovery's fastboot menu.
    It worked via the recovery's fastboot menu!

Thanks
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

If anybody is curious, Ive been crawling through the code commits. Unfortunately, it looks like both Enchilada and Fajita will have to wait for some time due to issues that were encountered when booting. At least for Fajita. It will be some time until we get our first official build.

UPDATE 1: Both Enchilada and Fajita have been reverted from the hudson branch, which indicates official commit status has been reversed. Our savior Luk has got hands full with work on these issues I imagine, so wait times will extend. Hang tight lads! We will land on Hudson soon, I hope.

UPDATE 2: That was quick! Seems like Luk figured out the issue for Fajita and has opened a commit to merge fajita to 18.1 official again. Fajita and enchilada are merged to the Hudson branch once again. This is good news, and I am hoping that the enchilada build will be posted and merged on schedule.
    Anyone else having touchscreen issues with the latest build? Like not responding to some touches and not being able to pull down the notification shade?

Edit: reverted to last week's build and the issue is gone. So some commit messes with the touchscreen.