[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
I'm getting qualcom crash dump frequently and randomly. But reboot just fixes it. What is happening? is it software issue or hardware?

I'm going to get a logcat to see if I could pinpoint the moment it crashes.

Using Lineage OS (Built from source and self-signed), the bootloader is re-locked with lineage os and working fine. OnePlus 6 Enchilada. I think I had no crashes with official lineage os build 220104 with the bootloader unlocked.
Build 220118 here. Unlocked bootloader, no issues.

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
I'm getting qualcom crash dump frequently and randomly. But reboot just fixes it. What is happening? is it software issue or hardware?

I'm going to get a logcat to see if I could pinpoint the moment it crashes.

Using Lineage OS (Built from source and self-signed), the bootloader is re-locked with lineage os and working fine. OnePlus 6 Enchilada. I think I had no crashes with official lineage os build 220104 with the bootloader unlocked.
Just curious, did you build it with or without gapps? I'm also going to do a self signed build for locked bootloader though.

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
Does anybody know if the following process also works on our Devices? I guess it would be an easier way to relock the bootloader.

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
Hey guys, anyone from India using the ROM? I am worried about the EOL support from OnePlus and wish to use LineageOS for security updates.

Just want to know if banking apps(ICICI/SBI etc.)/UPI apps(Google Pay/BHIM etc.)/Google Maps (GPS) works well or is blocked due to unlocked bootloader. I don't need root access, I have heard about Magisk but I am not really sure about it since the dev was hired by Google (https://9to5google.com/2021/05/17/google-john-wu-magisk-android-security-hire/)

What are the apps that "do not" work with Lineage?

The last time I used custom ROM was during cyangenmod days.

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
Hey guys, anyone from India using the ROM? I am worried about the EOL support from OnePlus and wish to use LineageOS for security updates.

Just want to know if banking apps(ICICI/SBI etc.)/UPI apps(Google Pay/BHIM etc.)/Google Maps (GPS) works well or is blocked due to unlocked bootloader. I don't need root access, I have heard about Magisk but I am not really sure about it since the dev was hired by Google (https://9to5google.com/2021/05/17/google-john-wu-magisk-android-security-hire/)

In my case safetynet failed (some banking/payment Apps should not work, PayPal does) and widevine level dropped from L1 to L3 so HD Content (from Netflix, Prime Video, etc.) isn't available (YouTube is not affected).

Reactions: chemicalrage

antonyjr

Jan 16, 2022

Banking apps will never work. If you want those, then just stay with stock. Google Pay and Paytm works, so you can use UPI but not banking apps. IMO UPI is better than some bank app.

Even if you do custom rom, the moment you unlock your bootloader in OP6, your widevine keys are erased and other things too. Newer models of OP will let you relock and get all keys again but not this one.

Reactions: chemicalrage

antonyjr

Jan 16, 2022
Just curious, did you build it with or without gapps? I'm also going to do a self signed build for locked bootloader though.
Yes. I built GAPPs in my ROM itself. I also built F-Droid directly into the build. No problems. But you won't recover L1 widevine. I still have L3. But we get some extra protection with locked bootloader. Like a unique ID displayed when booting. You can check if someone tampered with your phone to some extent. But if the hacker is very intelligent then you have to go with user build not userdebug.

More information -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...with-a-self-signed-build-of-los-18-1.4259409/

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Banking apps will never work. If you want those, then just stay with stock. Google Pay and Paytm works, so you can use UPI but not banking apps. IMO UPI is better than some bank app.

Even if you do custom rom, the moment you unlock your bootloader in OP6, your widevine keys are erased and other things too. Newer models of OP will let you relock and get all keys again but not this one.
Google pay and all my banking apps work flawlessly with magisk. I'm from Germany though

Reactions: Spaceoid
Jan 8, 2014
I prefer the other option. Not use bank apps at all. GPay is enough for me. I can still use my computer with GNU+Linux to do the same thing in the official website.
Well, were I live, banks increasingly seem to switch to their own apps to provide a second factor for login, transactions etc even when using their website on a desktop.
But that's rather OT for this form now, I guess.

LaurisLT

Apr 14, 2011
Kaunas
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy S21
I have a strange issue, when my car's Bluetooth connects I have it set to launch Android Auto for phone screens. When it launches the music starts but it keeps dropping sound, it plays for a couple seconds, then silence, than plays again, then silence. Only restarting the phone helps, is there a way to fix this?

esbeeb

Jan 25, 2022
Huawei Nexus 6P
First post.

Much appreciated for all your efforts, Lineage devs! :)
Build 220118 here. Unlocked bootloader, no issues.
I did a fresh install of Lineage OS 18.1 on my OnePlus 6 using that same build. Also worked with no problems.

Note: Thanks to Lineage OS, My "Android security update" level went from early Nov. 2021 (on the original factory Android, and it's abandoned permanently at that place now) to Dec. 5th, 2021. Seen in Settings -> About phone -> Tap "Android version" -> "Android security update"

Reactions: gamertag128

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
First post.

Much appreciated for all your efforts, Lineage devs! :)

I did a fresh install of Lineage OS 18.1 on my OnePlus 6 using that same build. Also worked with no problems.

Note: Thanks to Lineage OS, My "Android security update" level went from early Nov. 2021 (on the original factory Android, and it's abandoned permanently at that place now) to Dec. 5th, 2021. Seen in Settings -> About phone -> Tap "Android version" -> "Android security update"
Next Patch (probably today, 25th January) -> Security-Patch of 5th January 😄

Edit: installed it 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceoid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now it is official 🥳View attachment 5598481

and when I was digging in the Gerrit, I found something interesting. I'm not sure, if it is allowed on lineage, or if we will be supported but here we go: Face Unlock?

hardware/oplus repo is for OnePlus/Realme Android 12+ devices, so this is not going to be used on legacy OnePlus such as this one.
    Also, this change was related to OnePlus 10, and turned out to not be necessary anyway because it's not using HIDL for face HAL.
    Now it is official 🥳
    Screenshot_20220426-032550_Chrome~2.png

and when I was digging in the Gerrit, I found something interesting. I'm not sure, if it is allowed on lineage, or if we will be supported but here we go: Face Unlock?

If I am not mistaken, then for LOS18 you need to use the MindTheGapps version

MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228.zip

The one you used, according to your post, is meant for Android 10 and therefore LOS17. That is the way I understand it.
    a terrible mistake i tried again with Mindth gapps 11 no error everything is great ! Thank a lot
    With my Oneplus 6, LOS 18.1 I tried to restore root and ran into bootloop. The phone would show the LOS logo for a while and then reboot.

As I did not have a backup (don't ask!), I was fiddeling around with different options. Something was wrong with /data or/and /system. Finally the following procedure helped to restore system and data:

1. adb boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-enchilada (3.6 did not work for me)
    2. TRWP: Enter Password to decrypt Data
    3. Backup All Partitions with TWRP (actually only Data was relevant, I activated Enable compression)
    4. Copy Backup Files from TWRP Dir to PC
    5. adb pull /sdcard sdcard (to backup internal storage)
    6. Wipe Data, System, Dalvik, format System and Data.
    7. adb boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-enchilada (to remount System)
    8. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
    9. copy LOS and TWRP Image from PC to internal storage
    10 Install LOS Image
    11. TWRP advanced: Install Recovery RamDisk using TWRP Image
    12. Reboot to system (make sure to use the updated slot)
    13. Basic setup of LOS (disable screen lock!)
    14. reboot to recovery
    15. Copy Backup Files (see 4.) from PC to TWRP dir on internal storage
    16. adb push sdcard / (this will recover internal storage from Path on PC to internal storage root. Same file as in 5. Make sure you don't push to some subdir)
    17. Restore Data partition from Backup File
    18. Copy and Flash Magisk-v24.1.apk
    19. Copy and Flash MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228 (!) - I think this was actually fixing boot loop
    20. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
    21. Reboot to system (on first boot things looked really messy
    22. Reboot to system - et voila, apps, settings, data are back at work.

Had to reinstalls Signal and BikeCiticens from PlayStore. Unfortunately no backup from Signal. Magisk still does not work with root, even though it was ok on step 13. Will do a fresh TWRP Backup and retry.
    Your post just was a real life saver: slightly different ROM (Jaguar) but the exact same situation - incl. the "don't ask!" part :eek:
    Thanks for your detailed description
    I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm still on lineageOS 17.1 and would like to upgrade to lineageOS 19. What's the easiest way to do this? I would also like to have magisk and root.
    Seriously, just a few posts above yours...
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Guys I was checking out the gerrit and found something to be excited about.

If I interpret it right, we should be included in the initial batch of devices being promoted to 19.1 🥳 and Luk1337 is probably staying our Maintainer.
    Dear Forum, i plan to switch my OP6 back to LOS as well.
    Back, because once i bought it some years ago, i was running LOS on it, but then switched to OOS, due to some struggles (and it was the first phone since the good old Motorola Milestone, where CyanogenOS gave me Froyo for the first time :D ).
    I don't need root or anything extraordinary, just LOS and Google apps. my Question: will the build in updater work and preser Gapps during updates? In the past due to A/B Layout, i always had to go to recovery, flash update and gapps, reboot into Recovery, flash gapps again, to no loose them.
    And on my OP3 the builtin Updater is not working, i always have to flash manually through TWRP ;(
    Thanks in advance!
    GAPPS are preserved. If you dont need anything fancy, then also just use LineageOS recovery. This will most probably also fix your update isues on OP3.
    Also had a OP3 before and LOS recovery worked flawless.

Slightly "offtopic":
    I was kind of afraid that our OP6 support was dropped, because nothing happened on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding our device. But Lukasz jsut pushed a whole lot of commits. So Android 12 seems inbound! (Whenever LOS team decides to release)
    I always update via OTA. I always have to patch a new boot.img with Magisk and install via fastboot, but Gapps are kept.
    No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html