[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
you need to review the post on page 1 and follow the lineageos wiki do it step by step and you will feel the smoothness and stability of this amazing rom ^^
Sounds good, but apparently not true in all cases: I'm currently running on latest Stock OOS 11.1.x with maoronofrio's TWRP 3.4.0-1 as recovery.
Trying to boot into LOS recovery (V 18.1-20220412) sends the device to the black "1+ Fasboot Mode" screen where it sits forever.
I'll try the remainder of the installation instructions based on my existing TWRP recovery. Fingers crossed it'll work...

Julianocas

Mar 29, 2012
Sounds good, but apparently not true in all cases: I'm currently running on latest Stock OOS 11.1.x with maoronofrio's TWRP 3.4.0-1 as recovery.
Trying to boot into LOS recovery (V 18.1-20220412) sends the device to the black "1+ Fasboot Mode" screen where it sits forever.
I'll try the remainder of the installation instructions based on my existing TWRP recovery. Fingers crossed it'll work...
Always reflash .zip TWRP right after flashing any ROM.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Always reflash .zip TWRP right after flashing any ROM.
Sure, but it's not TWRP I'm talking about but the Lineage recovery. And I'm talking about the to boot into a recovery from bootloader using
Code:
fastboot boot <name_of_revovery.img>
But never mind, got it working using TWRP instead of LOS recovery.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
With my Oneplus 6, LOS 18.1 I tried to restore root and ran into bootloop. The phone would show the LOS logo for a while and then reboot.

As I did not have a backup (don't ask!), I was fiddeling around with different options. Something was wrong with /data or/and /system. Finally the following procedure helped to restore system and data:

1. adb boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-enchilada (3.6 did not work for me)
2. TRWP: Enter Password to decrypt Data
3. Backup All Partitions with TWRP (actually only Data was relevant, I activated Enable compression)
4. Copy Backup Files from TWRP Dir to PC
5. adb pull /sdcard sdcard (to backup internal storage)
6. Wipe Data, System, Dalvik, format System and Data.
7. adb boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-enchilada (to remount System)
8. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
9. copy LOS and TWRP Image from PC to internal storage
10 Install LOS Image
11. TWRP advanced: Install Recovery RamDisk using TWRP Image
12. Reboot to system (make sure to use the updated slot)
13. Basic setup of LOS (disable screen lock!)
14. reboot to recovery
15. Copy Backup Files (see 4.) from PC to TWRP dir on internal storage
16. adb push sdcard / (this will recover internal storage from Path on PC to internal storage root. Same file as in 5. Make sure you don't push to some subdir)
17. Restore Data partition from Backup File
18. Copy and Flash Magisk-v24.1.apk
19. Copy and Flash MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228 (!) - I think this was actually fixing boot loop
20. Wipe Cache/ Dalvik
21. Reboot to system (on first boot things looked really messy
22. Reboot to system - et voila, apps, settings, data are back at work.

Had to reinstalls Signal and BikeCiticens from PlayStore. Unfortunately no backup from Signal. Magisk still does not work with root, even though it was ok on step 13. Will do a fresh TWRP Backup and retry.
Your post just was a real life saver: slightly different ROM (Jaguar) but the exact same situation - incl. the "don't ask!" part :eek:
Thanks for your detailed description

Reactions: elmzahn

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Yesss - I made it, really read most of the 54 browser pages of this thread ;). I learned a lot and feel ready to try this out. Just a few questions:

- currently I'm running a different A11 based custom ROM. I plan to follow these steps from @diemadedrei (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-enchilada-11-lineageos-18-1.4174687/post-85600297). I guess I still have to format data partition before first boot into system? Or can I risk keeping \data as it is now?

- in regards to flashing updates: while I was still running stock OOS I always used this sequence:
1. d/l and install full OTA
2. from Magisk run TWRP A/B retention script
3. from Magisk run "install to inactive slot"
4. reboot
Is this still a valid concept with LOS 18.1? (yes, I'm fully aware that I *should* use LOS recovery instead of TWRP...)

- in my currently used ROM I don't have the "ADB As Root" switch in developer options; I already edited /system/build.props (added ro.debuggable=1) and rebooted, but still no switch. And no way to use "adb root", just receiving the "ADB root is disabled..." message. >> is this switch available in LOS?

Thanks for your tips

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yesss - I made it, really read most of the 54 browser pages of this thread ;). I learned a lot and feel ready to try this out. Just a few questions:

- currently I'm running a different A11 based custom ROM. I plan to follow these steps from @diemadedrei (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-enchilada-11-lineageos-18-1.4174687/post-85600297). I guess I still have to format data partition before first boot into system? Or can I risk keeping \data as it is now?

- in regards to flashing updates: while I was still running stock OOS I always used this sequence:
1. d/l and install full OTA
2. from Magisk run TWRP A/B retention script
3. from Magisk run "install to inactive slot"
4. reboot
Is this still a valid concept with LOS 18.1? (yes, I'm fully aware that I *should* use LOS recovery instead of TWRP...)

- in my currently used ROM I don't have the "ADB As Root" switch in developer options; I already edited /system/build.props (added ro.debuggable=1) and rebooted, but still no switch. And no way to use "adb root", just receiving the "ADB root is disabled..." message. >> is this switch available in LOS?

Thanks for your tips
Good on you to read instead of just asking questions that have been answered multiple times :p

I know most people will not agree with me on this, but you could certainly try keeping your data partition. Just be ready to have bugs and do not complain about them here, if you do it and it mostly works ;) The clean way would of course be, formatting data, yes. If the other ROM is Lineage based, it might work, if it's OOS based (or anything other than LOS) you will probably just end up with a clusterfuck. But you should always be able to bott into twrp, so no real damage should be expected (don't quote me on that)

As to your updating sequence: no idea if it works, but I always do this (I think I even posted it somewhere on the thread already):
1. boot into twrp
2. flash ROM and twrp
3. reboot into recovery (very important, if you boot into system, you will break things)
4. flash Gapps and magisk
5. reboot into system
6. profit

DonSqualo

Jul 19, 2019
Maybe better to post my question here in this thread:

I want (and need) to update my enchilada dev from LOS 16.0 to latest LOS 18.1
(no gapps, no magisk)
Can I do this in one step? (Or is there a partition update necessary?)

Can I do this in Recovery Mode or do i need first to install TWRP again (Cause latest OTA update did overwrite TWRP).
And if so, which TWRP (or version of TWRP) would I need for that approach.

Thx for your hints

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1
Maybe better to post my question here in this thread:

I want (and need) to update my enchilada dev from LOS 16.0 to latest LOS 18.1
(no gapps, no magisk)
Can I do this in one step? (Or is there a partition update necessary?)

Can I do this in Recovery Mode or do i need first to install TWRP again (Cause latest OTA update did overwrite TWRP).
And if so, which TWRP (or version of TWRP) would I need for that approach.

Thx for your hints
you will have to update the firmware to oos11 in order to use LOS 18.1
follow this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/

DonSqualo

Jul 19, 2019
you will have to update the firmware to oos11 in order to use LOS 18.1
follow this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/
Thanks.
So no chance to update without installing everything form the scratch again?
That's annoying and pretty much work to do, if I first have go to OOS11 and then back again to LOS. :cry:

But what's new in firmware OOS11 , that I can't jump direct from 16.0 to LOS18.1 ?
A new partioning? Could also be done probably by TWRP?!

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks.
So no chance to update without installing everything form the scratch again?
That's annoying and pretty much work to do, if I first have go to OOS11 and then back again to LOS. :cry:

But what's new in firmware OOS11 , that I can't jump direct from 16.0 to LOS18.1 ?
A new partioning? Could also be done probably by TWRP?!
No, there are new blobs that are not included in LOS
But you can indeed go without wiping. Just a few posts above yours someone quoted an old post of mine, where o describe how to update OOS base without wiping or losing data. If a jump from 16 to 18.1 will work though, probably no one can tell you. I would go from 16 to 17, then boot, then go from 17 to 18. But do what you please

lukypuie

Mar 10, 2014
Ancona
Sorry but I have a quick question that has not been fully answered yet.

Is 60 fps video recording at least at FHD/1080p supported?

I can't get any GCAM work with 60 FPS

DonSqualo

Jul 19, 2019
No, there are new blobs that are not included in LOS
But you can indeed go without wiping. Just a few posts above yours someone quoted an old post of mine, where o describe how to update OOS base without wiping or losing data. If a jump from 16 to 18.1 will work though, probably no one can tell you. I would go from 16 to 17, then boot, then go from 17 to 18. But do what you please
Well Thx, I'll have a look on that post.
But to get you right:
I could do an update from LOS16.0 to 17 w/o wiping data?!?
Then I could do an update from LOS17.0 to 18.1 ?!?
Or is exactly this not possible due to the missing blobs in LOS18? (which only OOS11 have)

Btw1: Why they are missing? And why only vendor stock has it?
Btw2: Will there be a LOS 19 for enchilada dev?
Or should i better buy in the end a new oneplus dev to have latest secu patches on my phone ? :)

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well Thx, I'll have a look on that post.
But to get you right:
I could do an update from LOS16.0 to 17 w/o wiping data?!?
Then I could do an update from LOS17.0 to 18.1 ?!?
Or is exactly this not possible due to the missing blobs in LOS18? (which only OOS11 have)

Btw1: Why they are missing? And why only vendor stock has it?
Btw2: Will there be a LOS 19 for enchilada dev?
Or should i better buy in the end a new oneplus dev to have latest secu patches on my phone ? :)
You can update from 16 to 17 and then from 17 to 18 without wiping, as I did the same. You will still need the corresponding OOS versions for each, so Flash these before flashing the next LOS version. It has been stated somewhere why the blobs are not included, I don't remember.
And yes there very likely will be a 19.1 for this device as the changes have been merged and the device is in the build list for 19.1 once it releases, but this is all in this thread, please just read through it.

DonSqualo

Jul 19, 2019
You can update from 16 to 17 and then from 17 to 18 without wiping, as I did the same. You will still need the corresponding OOS versions for each, so Flash these before flashing the next LOS version. It has been stated somewhere why the blobs are not included, I don't remember.
And yes there very likely will be a 19.1 for this device as the changes have been merged and the device is in the build list for 19.1 once it releases, but this is all in this thread, please just read through it.
Ok. Thanks for 'ur patience.
But I think, I'll have to block some sparetime to do such an update.

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
Now it is official 🥳
Screenshot_20220426-032550_Chrome~2.png

and when I was digging in the Gerrit, I found something interesting. I'm not sure, if it is allowed on lineage, or if we will be supported but here we go: Face Unlock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Guys I was checking out the gerrit and found something to be excited about.

If I interpret it right, we should be included in the initial batch of devices being promoted to 19.1 🥳 and Luk1337 is probably staying our Maintainer.
    Dear Forum, i plan to switch my OP6 back to LOS as well.
    Back, because once i bought it some years ago, i was running LOS on it, but then switched to OOS, due to some struggles (and it was the first phone since the good old Motorola Milestone, where CyanogenOS gave me Froyo for the first time :D ).
    I don't need root or anything extraordinary, just LOS and Google apps. my Question: will the build in updater work and preser Gapps during updates? In the past due to A/B Layout, i always had to go to recovery, flash update and gapps, reboot into Recovery, flash gapps again, to no loose them.
    And on my OP3 the builtin Updater is not working, i always have to flash manually through TWRP ;(
    Thanks in advance!
    GAPPS are preserved. If you dont need anything fancy, then also just use LineageOS recovery. This will most probably also fix your update isues on OP3.
    Also had a OP3 before and LOS recovery worked flawless.

Slightly "offtopic":
    I was kind of afraid that our OP6 support was dropped, because nothing happened on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding our device. But Lukasz jsut pushed a whole lot of commits. So Android 12 seems inbound! (Whenever LOS team decides to release)
    I always update via OTA. I always have to patch a new boot.img with Magisk and install via fastboot, but Gapps are kept.
    No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html