[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ctushar97

Nov 12, 2014
OnePlus 6
Hands down, this is the best A11 ROM for OP6! I'm still on second charge cycle and the battery life is already blowing me away. Even better than OOS(10.3.9). System stability is also amazing. Haven't faced any bugs yet either. Using stock with gapps is giving me better battery life than other custom A11 ROMs with aggresive GMS doze and naptime enabled. Amazing work LuK! ♥️
EDIT: Standby drain numbers aren't great but the SOT is amazing.

Last edited:

tabela96

• Dec 21, 2016
    Treviso
    OnePlus X
    OnePlus 6
    Today i flashed official version,up and running as always.I followed instructions per wiki and used Open Gapps Pico without any problems so far.If you use Twrp you must flashed OOS on both slots,you can find instaructions on page 3 if i remember correctly.
    I have to ask you two questions before I flash this ROM:
    - did you flash Open Gapps pico for android 10 (arm64) even if it's an A11 ROM? because there is no official A11 Open Gapps, or you flash MindGApps from lineage website?
    - and I to flash latest Oxygen on both slots?
    Sorry for my noob questions :D
    I'm coming from OxygenOS 10.3.10 always installed localy because I always downloaded the firmware from Oxygen Updater app

Indianb0y018

• Dec 11, 2018
    Well here we are. The day has come. As usual, Luk absolutely nails the support and development of LineageOS for Enchilada! Rom is super stable! Sideloaded MindtheGapps from lineage recovery after installing lineage from twrp as per usual. Clean flashing is always the way to go in my opinion. GPay is working, despite the play store not issuing device certification, which doesnt bother me much. Another fantastic job by Luk as usual. Thank you so much!

Indianb0y018

• Dec 11, 2018
    - did you flash Open Gapps pico for android 10 (arm64) even if it's an A11 ROM? because there is no official A11 Open Gapps, or you flash MindGApps from lineage website?
    I'm coming from OxygenOS 10.3.10 always installed localy because I always downloaded the firmware from Oxygen Updater app
    No, it has to be a gapps package for A11, not A10. I used mindthegapps linked by lineageos website. Seems to be most stable so far, as many A11 gapps are still in beta.
    As for your second question, if you are already on OOS, then all you need to do is format data to remove encryption. Install the twrp installer for recovery, format your data, and reboot to recovery. Install LineageOS and install twrp installer again after installing lineageos. Then reboot to recovery, and install an A11 gapps package, reboot to recovery once more, AND format data once again. Now you can boot to system.

Installing OOS in both slots is to be followed if you are coming from a custom rom, and not OOS.

Reactions: tabela96

ctushar97

Nov 12, 2014
    OnePlus 6
    How so? I sideloaded MindtheGapps and certification isnt present for whatever reason.
    EDIT: While the above is still true, GPay is working for me. Im in the US so region may vary. Just curious, is it worth installing google play security updates? Since its not present, you have to download the apk and install manually, but Im wondering if its worth it at all.
    UPI apps work without SafetyNet Pass(for India atleast). It's the banking apps(Online banking, passbook and stuff) that give a problem. That's how it works in my experience.

Reactions: Indianb0y018

tabela96

• Dec 21, 2016
    Treviso
    OnePlus X
    OnePlus 6
    No, it has to be a gapps package for A11, not A10. I used mindthegapps linked by lineageos website. Seems to be most stable so far, as many A11 gapps are still in beta.
    As for your second question, if you are already on OOS, then all you need to do is format data to remove encryption. Install the twrp installer for recovery, format your data, and reboot to recovery. Install LineageOS and install twrp installer again after installing lineageos. Then reboot to recovery, and install an A11 gapps package, reboot to recovery once more, AND format data once again. Now you can boot to system.

Installing OOS in both slots is to be followed if you are coming from a custom rom, and not OOS.
    man really thank you and sorry for my questions but it has passed one year since my last flash that I hadn't problem so I wanted only to be sure of my risks.
    And what about Magisk? When I have to install it? after mind gapps and before the second format data right? :)

ctushar97

Nov 12, 2014
    OnePlus 6
    man really thank you and sorry for my questions but it has passed one year since my last flash that I hadn't problem so I wanted only to be sure of my risks.
    And what about Magisk? When I have to install it? after mind gapps and before the second format data right? :)
    After you're done with LOS and GApps, boot into the ROM and complete the setup and get it up and running. You can then flash magisk whenever you like.

Indianb0y018

• Dec 11, 2018
    Hey no worries. We all start somewhere and sometimes a long break makes us forget things. No harm at all. I remember asking way too many questions and being confused by enchilada because I came from angler (Nexus 6P) which was super easy to flash with.

As for magisk, it doesnt really matter when you flash it. Just that its best to flash after your gapps install. Im not sure if installing before or after formatting data matters as magisk really modifies the boot image. Its safe to assume that you can install it after gapps though, and then format data.

Indianb0y018

• Dec 11, 2018
    UPI apps work without SafetyNet Pass(for India atleast). It's the banking apps(Online banking, passbook and stuff) that give a problem. That's how it works in my experience.
    Interesting. I tried POSP rom once with nikgapps and certification did not pass and neither did safetynet. As a result, GPay did not work. I havent tested my banking apps yet, but so far they havent complained.
    GPay does work with this rom however.

tabela96

• Dec 21, 2016
    Treviso
    OnePlus X
    OnePlus 6
    Hey no worries. We all start somewhere and sometimes a long break makes us forget things. No harm at all. I remember asking way too many questions and being confused by enchilada because I came from angler (Nexus 6P) which was super easy to flash with.

As for magisk, it doesnt really matter when you flash it. Just that its best to flash after your gapps install. Im not sure if installing before or after formatting data matters as magisk really modifies the boot image. Its safe to assume that you can install it after gapps though, and then format data.
    Thank you man :) Now I'm ready to come back to custom ROMs :D

Indianb0y018

• Dec 11, 2018
    Thank you man :) Now I'm ready to come back to custom ROMs :D
    Of course. Welcome back mate. Just be aware that the lack of a A11 blobs from oneplus has resulted in some finicky camera behavior with many custom A11 roms. EX, Gcam is incredibly unstable with some of the latest versions. Older versions work decently, but its never 100% perfect. However that shouldnt come as a surprise since gcam is never 100% stable on non pixel devices, regardless of OS.

darksx

Dec 19, 2014
    Well you can flash gapps of your choice,it's up to you.As i said,i used open gapps pico and not a single force close.Like a butter.good luck

tabela96

• Dec 21, 2016
    Treviso
    OnePlus X
    OnePlus 6
    Of course. Welcome back mate. Just be aware that the lack of a A11 blobs from oneplus has resulted in some finicky camera behavior with many custom A11 roms. EX, Gcam is incredibly unstable with some of the latest versions. Older versions work decently, but its never 100% perfect. However that shouldnt come as a surprise since gcam is never 100% stable on non pixel devices, regardless of OS.
    so which camera app do you suggest?

Is anyone on enchilada facing resetting cellular modem (signal icon(s) disappear, then come back as it renegotiates connections for each SIM), wifi connection problems on 5GHz band, or wifi display (Miracast) being broken? I have some users (crDroid, built against LineageOS device trees/kernel) having problems with these issues since switching to the updated codebase/10.3.10 vendor blobs.

gernstein

Mar 29, 2021
    As I was able to install (thanks to @darksx) let me give you my pros and cons (-:

Pros:
    - ultra fast
    - battery life is amazing
    - no bloatware

Cons:
    - default camera app is very simple
    - when unlocked vibrator is running without any notification and also screen flashes and vibrates without new notification (when eg. Huawei Health app is running in background)

Last problem actually occurs on any Android 11 custom ROM I've been trying so I'm not sure if this is something generic or I'm doing something wrong. Anyway this is the best custom ROM for Enchilada so far and I hope dev will keep it that way (-: Good job!

adrian1234a

Nov 28, 2014
    Ciudad Real
    OnePlus 6
    As I was able to install (thanks to @darksx) let me give you my pros and cons (-:

Pros:
    - ultra fast
    - battery life is amazing
    - no bloatware

Cons:
    - default camera app is very simple
    - when unlocked vibrator is running without any notification and also screen flashes and vibrates without new notification (when eg. Huawei Health app is running in background)

Last problem actually occurs on any Android 11 custom ROM I've been trying so I'm not sure if this is something generic or I'm doing something wrong. Anyway this is the best custom ROM for Enchilada so far and I hope dev will keep it that way (-: Good job!
    Install gcam here on the link https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/gcam-oneplus-6-6t/

vaisakmct

• May 21, 2013
    Anyone facing slow charging speed in this ROM.
    I switched from pixen11 to los now am facing very slow charging speeds temperature was normal and 50% charge. Please check and send screenshot

ctushar97

Nov 12, 2014
    OnePlus 6
    Is anyone on enchilada facing resetting cellular modem (signal icon(s) disappear, then come back as it renegotiates connections for each SIM), wifi connection problems on 5GHz band, or wifi display (Miracast) being broken? I have some users (crDroid, built against LineageOS device trees/kernel) having problems with these issues since switching to the updated codebase/10.3.10 vendor blobs.
    Interesting. I've faced this issue on other ROMs in the past with the older OOS bases. I haven't had this issue on bases later than 10.3.8. Will update if I face this issue on this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

I think it's not that difficult,when you boot Rom and set up everything just reboot to Lineage recovery and apply update with adb and run command,you have instructions on wiki page.
      yup, solved. Thank you all for the feedback.
      If anybody is curious, Ive been crawling through the code commits. Unfortunately, it looks like both Enchilada and Fajita will have to wait for some time due to issues that were encountered when booting. At least for Fajita. It will be some time until we get our first official build.

UPDATE 1: Both Enchilada and Fajita have been reverted from the hudson branch, which indicates official commit status has been reversed. Our savior Luk has got hands full with work on these issues I imagine, so wait times will extend. Hang tight lads! We will land on Hudson soon, I hope.

UPDATE 2: That was quick! Seems like Luk figured out the issue for Fajita and has opened a commit to merge fajita to 18.1 official again. Fajita and enchilada are merged to the Hudson branch once again. This is good news, and I am hoping that the enchilada build will be posted and merged on schedule.
      I built LineageOS 18.1 from official sources today, did a complete factory reset to stock OxygenOS and then flashed my build of LineageOS from today.

Everything seems to work great so far, you can look forward for the official build on Tuesday i guess ;)
      I reccomend everyone to use nikgapps package...it is most stable in my opinion...and ut hase pixel apps too
      Yes, NikGapps is the best option right now! (+ unlimited google photos storage ;-))
      OpenGapps 11 is not stable for me. (setup crash when adding google account)
      It didn't miss It hink it was merged intentionally after this week's build slot. Wiki is not merged yet for instance. But you're right next build if successful will be 18.1
      I think it is not intentional as fajita (6T) build is scheduled later today.
      EDIT: fajita build is canceled
      EDIT2: never mind, it is being rebuild
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
      • WFD
      Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      ofcause i want los 18.1 by luk1337.
      me too
      If anybody is curious, Ive been crawling through the code commits. Unfortunately, it looks like both Enchilada and Fajita will have to wait for some time due to issues that were encountered when booting. At least for Fajita. It will be some time until we get our first official build.

UPDATE 1: Both Enchilada and Fajita have been reverted from the hudson branch, which indicates official commit status has been reversed. Our savior Luk has got hands full with work on these issues I imagine, so wait times will extend. Hang tight lads! We will land on Hudson soon, I hope.

UPDATE 2: That was quick! Seems like Luk figured out the issue for Fajita and has opened a commit to merge fajita to 18.1 official again. Fajita and enchilada are merged to the Hudson branch once again. This is good news, and I am hoping that the enchilada build will be posted and merged on schedule.
      Clean flash, latest OOS, TWRP, LOS 18 in both slots, and Nikgapps and Magisk Modded. It boots, but NFC it´s no working. All the rest in my initial setup works ok. I didn´t try camera at moment.
      With Magisk Canary it doesn´t boot, goes to fastboot mode.
      At first it doesn´t pass Safetynet test. With Magisk Props module it´s ok. (Correction: Magisk props works with Manager Canary app over Magisk Modded, but root it´s lost)
      Thanks dev for your work!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone