[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ctushar97

Nov 12, 2014
OnePlus 6
Hm how long does the first boot take? After doing that (flashing OOS, lineage 18.1, and MindTheGapps in sequence for each slot) it's sat for half an hour on the boot animation, so I'm guessing it's ended up broken. Because TWRP doesn't exist for android 11 yet (as far as I can tell, feel free to correct if wrong on that), does lineage's recovery gracefully handle rolling back major versions, or am I just at the point of needing to factory reset? ADB permissions seem to have gotten wiped in the process, so I can't even logcat to see what it's getting stuck on.
Format data(the one where you type in yes) in TWRP before booting and the problem should be solved. Use the latest TWRP, should work fine for A11 as well.

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 4a
Just to be sure, as I don't remeber what I had done to migrate from 16.0 to 17.1, am I supposed to uninstall Magisk before upgrading to 18.1, and reinstall it afterwards?

BTW, I've upgraded the fw to 10.3.10, and I confirm that a batch file in powershell works if you don't want to copy paste each line mentioned here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update (I remember somebody asking if it was possible)

ohhfem

Dec 21, 2016
Treviso
OnePlus 6
I found a little bug. When I'm casting something on the TV with Chromecast, and I want to reduce the volume FOR THE PHONE it doesn't work. You can scroll down and high but PHONE volume it's stuck

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just to be sure, as I don't remeber what I had done to migrate from 16.0 to 17.1, am I supposed to uninstall Magisk before upgrading to 18.1, and reinstall it afterwards?

BTW, I've upgraded the fw to 10.3.10, and I confirm that a batch file in powershell works if you don't want to copy paste each line mentioned here https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update (I remember somebody asking if it was possible)
I didn't uninstall magisk and everything works.

Reactions: hayvan96

vidumec

Feb 15, 2016
reposting missing AptX TWS+ codec issue in proper format

What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.1 official latest build from 20210504
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...ge-18.1-20210504-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
Gapps version: MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247

Did you--
wipe: YES
restore with titanium backup: NO
reboot after having the issue: YES

Are you using--
a task killer: NO
a non-stock kernel: NO
other modifications: NO

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

My AptX TWS+ earbuds ( vivo tws 2019 ) always connect with AAC, whereas on stock rom they used AptX TWS+ codec, as indicated by "powered by Qualcomm AptX" popup when connecting them, and AptX TWS+ codec becoming automatically selected in dev settings. Regular AptX HD headphones work fine and connect with AptX HD. This issue was also present on LineageOS 17.1 ( and pretty much every custom ROM except for like two where it worked correctly - PixenOS and Paranoid Android ), but I'd hoped it would be fixed now, after seeing some vendor blob/AptX related commits in 18.1 branch. I use oos 10.3.10 as base ( flashed in both slots ). Seems like the OS uses generic AptX libs from Google, which only have old AptX codecs like HD, instead of the new ones that come with the device's stock rom, which have TWS+ and Adaptive

EDIT: One more issue, same configuration from above - double tap to wake ignores "Prevent accidential wake-up" toggle but it seems to be an old known issue coming from 17.1 - https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1989

Last edited:

a2983

May 9, 2021
Hi, I just moved for the first time from stock to LineageOS 18.1. Is there a way to have google pay work with this ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Guys I was checking out the gerrit and found something to be excited about.

If I interpret it right, we should be included in the initial batch of devices being promoted to 19.1 🥳 and Luk1337 is probably staying our Maintainer.
    Dear Forum, i plan to switch my OP6 back to LOS as well.
    Back, because once i bought it some years ago, i was running LOS on it, but then switched to OOS, due to some struggles (and it was the first phone since the good old Motorola Milestone, where CyanogenOS gave me Froyo for the first time :D ).
    I don't need root or anything extraordinary, just LOS and Google apps. my Question: will the build in updater work and preser Gapps during updates? In the past due to A/B Layout, i always had to go to recovery, flash update and gapps, reboot into Recovery, flash gapps again, to no loose them.
    And on my OP3 the builtin Updater is not working, i always have to flash manually through TWRP ;(
    Thanks in advance!
    GAPPS are preserved. If you dont need anything fancy, then also just use LineageOS recovery. This will most probably also fix your update isues on OP3.
    Also had a OP3 before and LOS recovery worked flawless.

Slightly "offtopic":
    I was kind of afraid that our OP6 support was dropped, because nothing happened on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding our device. But Lukasz jsut pushed a whole lot of commits. So Android 12 seems inbound! (Whenever LOS team decides to release)
    I always update via OTA. I always have to patch a new boot.img with Magisk and install via fastboot, but Gapps are kept.
    No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html