[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
I am using lineageos without root and wondering if there is any good mod for lineageos 18.1 or leave it as it is and add nothing Thank you very much, I'm glad if you guys share these cool mods for this great rom.
If you're happy with the ROM as it is, there's no need to mod just for the sake of modding. Plus, you'll have less issues or other unexpected behavior. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

I personally just use Magisk for AdAway and Vanced, but there are alternatives (AdGuard, non-root Vanced). I guess old habits die hard, so I stick with these as I've been using them for years.

In general though, I don't see much point in rooting, installing custom kernels, etc these days.

kecodoc

Apr 29, 2011
HaiPhong
OnePlus 6
If you're happy with the ROM as it is, there's no need to mod just for the sake of modding. Plus, you'll have less issues or other unexpected behavior. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

I personally just use Magisk for AdAway and Vanced, but there are alternatives (AdGuard, non-root Vanced). I guess old habits die hard, so I stick with these as I've been using them for years.

In general though, I don't see much point in rooting, installing custom kernels, etc these days.
i also use adaway and vanced but recently i found no need to root anymore and replaced it with non-root vanced and ad-blocking server dns.adguard.com install to advanced dns.
Thanks for answering this theme comes alive thanks to you.

Reactions: mcdachpappe

lamahgra

Jan 27, 2008
OnePlus 8T
Go to settings, about phone, click on Android version. What's your baseband version?

Also, there's no need to do such a clean install (MSM, local upgrade, etc.) If you properly flashed and can boot the latest LOS18.1 - then just upgrade the OOS vendor firmware via LOS recovery fastboot. You don't have to do anything else.

Baseband: .15-000007-SDM845_GEN-PACK-1.417328.2.422944.1

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Baseband: .15-000007-SDM845_GEN-PACK-1.417328.2.422944.1
Seems like you have flashed the latest vendor firmware successfully. If you have WiFi on a stock ROM, but not on LOS18.1 - it's not a hardware issue, and therefore I suggest you put up an issue on LineageOS GitLab with logs (if you haven't already), you might get help there faster.

alex.ionut

Apr 1, 2014
Seems like you have flashed the latest vendor firmware successfully. If you have WiFi on a stock ROM, but not on LOS18.1 - it's not a hardware issue, and therefore I suggest you put up an issue on LineageOS GitLab with logs (if you haven't already), you might get help there faster.
hello , i also have the wlan problem after updating the vendor to oos11

lcrubn

Jan 26, 2016
Hello,

Thanks to everyone for your work with this Rom.

I've installed LOS following the LOS Wiki. Only Mind the gaps are working for me.

The issue that Im facing is that I can not receive SMS. Do you know what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

lcrubn

Jan 26, 2016
Hello,

Thanks to everyone for your work with this Rom.

I've installed LOS following the LOS Wiki. Only Mind the gaps are working for me.

The issue that Im facing is that I can not receive SMS. Do you know what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks,
After some research I've discovered that the issue is related with my phone carrier .

lcrubn

Jan 26, 2016
So... LOS is not working for me.

by any chance do you have a link that explains how to go back to stock?

My phone is not briked but sms is not working and gapps neither.

Thanks in any case,

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
So... LOS is not working for me.

by any chance do you have a link that explains how to go back to stock?

My phone is not briked but sms is not working and gapps neither.

Thanks in any case,
I bet you didn't follow the official install instructions from the LOS wiki.

Install: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install
Update the firmware if you never had used OOS11 on your device: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update

Also, use MindTheGapps.

To go back to stock, you could use MSMDownloadTool.

Reactions: kecodoc and lcrubn

lcrubn

Jan 26, 2016
I bet you didn't follow the official install instructions from the LOS wiki.

Install: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install
Update the firmware if you never had used OOS11 on your device: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/fw_update

Also, use MindTheGapps.

To go back to stock, you could use MSMDownloadTool.
Thanks for the info CrysisLTU.

I've followed the wiki, every step. That is the most annoying thing. As you say the Gapps are now working, I've installed MindTheGaps.

The issue with the SMS is still there and I don't know why SMS works with only one of the SimCards .

Ill check the MSMDownloadTool.

Thanks!!

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks for the info CrysisLTU.

I've followed the wiki, every step. That is the most annoying thing. As you say the Gapps are now working, I've installed MindTheGaps.

The issue with the SMS is still there and I don't know why SMS works with only one of the SimCards .

Ill check the MSMDownloadTool.

Thanks!!

You could also go back to stock by flashing fastboot images of the stock ROM.

As for your SIM - I don't know, maybe a misconfigured APN?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Guys I was checking out the gerrit and found something to be excited about.

If I interpret it right, we should be included in the initial batch of devices being promoted to 19.1 🥳 and Luk1337 is probably staying our Maintainer.
    Dear Forum, i plan to switch my OP6 back to LOS as well.
    Back, because once i bought it some years ago, i was running LOS on it, but then switched to OOS, due to some struggles (and it was the first phone since the good old Motorola Milestone, where CyanogenOS gave me Froyo for the first time :D ).
    I don't need root or anything extraordinary, just LOS and Google apps. my Question: will the build in updater work and preser Gapps during updates? In the past due to A/B Layout, i always had to go to recovery, flash update and gapps, reboot into Recovery, flash gapps again, to no loose them.
    And on my OP3 the builtin Updater is not working, i always have to flash manually through TWRP ;(
    Thanks in advance!
    GAPPS are preserved. If you dont need anything fancy, then also just use LineageOS recovery. This will most probably also fix your update isues on OP3.
    Also had a OP3 before and LOS recovery worked flawless.

Slightly "offtopic":
    I was kind of afraid that our OP6 support was dropped, because nothing happened on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding our device. But Lukasz jsut pushed a whole lot of commits. So Android 12 seems inbound! (Whenever LOS team decides to release)
    I always update via OTA. I always have to patch a new boot.img with Magisk and install via fastboot, but Gapps are kept.
    No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html