vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1
Reactions: Eruurk

ed57

Sep 15, 2010
The first hint I had is that AccA was showing a low mA charging current, never over 2000. Dash goes higher than that.

I couldn't rely on the LED indicator on the phone, because that doesn't work in LOS, as far as i know.

Also, I then used some USB tools I have to confirm that the phone wasn't negotiating a dash charging protocol.
Thanks for the reply webtroter. After the fw update on my side, I can confirm dash charge is working fine like on OOS or my previous PixenOS. I can get 50% of charge in 30mn (checked with BatteryBot Pro)

Eruurk

Feb 20, 2017
OnePlus 6
If you wish so, i updated to 11.1.1.2 yesterday. It works the same as before but with updated vendor security patch from November.
I am trying to update fw but I am stuck.
Steps I followed:
1- Reboot into LOS recovery then enter FASTBOOT menu from there.
2- On my computer I type the command fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img but the command hang in waiting state < waiting for any device >
3- Then I stopped the command with CTRL+C
4- I type fastboot device but still hang with < waiting for any device > message.

I was on OOS 11.1.1.1 before flashing LOS 18.1 for the very first time.
I am using LOS 18.1 (20211130), and MindTheGapps.
I verified my ADB Tools and I am using the latest version platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip
The USB cable is the original OnePlus cable.

If I reboot in FASTBOOT menu directly, I am getting the exptected error message
fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all (because I am not in FASTBOOT menu from LOS RECOVERY) but fastboot device shows my USB connected OP6.

What am I missing to update firmware with OOS 11.1.1.2?

Last edited:

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
I am trying to update fw but I am stuck.
Steps I followed:
1- Reboot into LOS recovery then enter FASTBOOT menu from there.
2- On my computer I type the command fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img but the command hang in waiting state < waiting for any device >
3- Then I stopped the command with CTRL+C
4- I type fastboot device but still hang with < waiting for any device > message.

I was on OOS 11.1.1.1 before flashing LOS 18.1 for the very first time.
I am using LOS 18.1 (20211130), and MindTheGapps.
I verified my ADB Tools and I am using the latest version platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip
The USB cable is the original OnePlus cable.

If I reboot in FASTBOOT menu directly, I am getting the exptected error message
fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all (because I am not in FASTBOOT menu from LOS RECOVERY) but fastboot device shows my USB connected OP6.

What am I missing to update firmware with OOS 11.1.1.2?
Check Device Manager and make sure the fastboot driver is loaded for the recovery fastboot.

Eruurk

Feb 20, 2017
OnePlus 6
Thanks you @CrysisLTU for your tip.
You were right: driver was not correctly loaded. Si I tried to installed a new time the driver but unfortunatly, the driver refused to install.
I launched search for update on my Windows 10 computer, and Android ADB driver update has been detected.
With this new driver, my device has been detected in Fastboot menu (from LOS recovery), and ano issue to execute all commands.
For this command fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img, first message was Invalid sparse file format at header magic, but non error message at the end of the execution.
I hope nothing was wrong.

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks you @CrysisLTU for your tip.
You were right: driver was not correctly loaded. Si I tried to installed a new time the driver but unfortunatly, the driver refused to install.
I launched search for update on my Windows 10 computer, and Android ADB driver update has been detected.
With this new driver, my device has been detected in Fastboot menu (from LOS recovery), and ano issue to execute all commands.
For this command fastboot flash --slot=all vendor vendor.img, first message was Invalid sparse file format at header magic, but non error message at the end of the execution.
I hope nothing was wrong.
That error is normal if I recall correctly

Eruurk

Feb 20, 2017
OnePlus 6
Thanks you @CrysisLTU for all your advices and tips.
Another question: is it required to flash MindTheGapps after each new package version, or only flash the very first time when installing LOS?

lamahgra

Jan 27, 2008
OnePlus 8T
anybody else got problems with OnePlus6 128GB edition ?
WLAN / GPS still not working
with mcd10 Kernel - WLAN worx
SMS receiving - reboot...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Guys I was checking out the gerrit and found something to be excited about.

If I interpret it right, we should be included in the initial batch of devices being promoted to 19.1 🥳 and Luk1337 is probably staying our Maintainer.
    Dear Forum, i plan to switch my OP6 back to LOS as well.
    Back, because once i bought it some years ago, i was running LOS on it, but then switched to OOS, due to some struggles (and it was the first phone since the good old Motorola Milestone, where CyanogenOS gave me Froyo for the first time :D ).
    I don't need root or anything extraordinary, just LOS and Google apps. my Question: will the build in updater work and preser Gapps during updates? In the past due to A/B Layout, i always had to go to recovery, flash update and gapps, reboot into Recovery, flash gapps again, to no loose them.
    And on my OP3 the builtin Updater is not working, i always have to flash manually through TWRP ;(
    Thanks in advance!
    GAPPS are preserved. If you dont need anything fancy, then also just use LineageOS recovery. This will most probably also fix your update isues on OP3.
    Also had a OP3 before and LOS recovery worked flawless.

Slightly "offtopic":
    I was kind of afraid that our OP6 support was dropped, because nothing happened on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding our device. But Lukasz jsut pushed a whole lot of commits. So Android 12 seems inbound! (Whenever LOS team decides to release)
    I always update via OTA. I always have to patch a new boot.img with Magisk and install via fastboot, but Gapps are kept.
    No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html