[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Jul 29, 2016
Hello,

First, thanks a lot @LuK1337 for your work. :)

About LineageOS 18.1 for the OnePlus 6, I have a quick question for the users : does 4G+ / LTE+/ carrier aggregation work on your phone ? I'm on a custom ROM based on LineageOS (/e/OS) and I'm trying to rule the source of what seems to be a bug. Because I've fully reinstalled my phone, I'd like to avoid flashing LineageOS to test it myself. Also, I've found only (I hope I haven't missed a post in this thread) one similar report which is not much (and not my use case).

Some information if needed :
  • Carrier : Sosh / Orange France
  • /e/OS Build : 0.23-20220323172928 (v0.23-r)
  • LineageOS Build : e_enchilada-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20220323.214438 dev-keys
  • Last OOS Build (before unlocking bootloader...) : OxygenOS 11.1.2.2
  • Information reported by the Phone Dialer / LTE physical channel configuration : -nothing, there's no value- (which suggest LTE CA is not in use)
  • Did LTE CA / 4G+ use to work on stock OOS ? Yes
  • Rooted ? No
Thank you !

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT :

And I was wrong. LTE physical channel configuration does display something, but it takes a few seconds (~20). Also, it does switch between mRat=LTE and mRat=LTE_CA, but mostly stays on mRat=LTE (3/4 of the time). So carrier aggregation seems to be working, although my phone appears to struggle staying on LTE_CA (or maybe the Phone Dialer refresh rate / accuracy is not that good). I'll leave this post here for others or if you want to share your experience.

Last edited:

[GER]Roxxor

Isn't that what the toggle in
Settings -> Network and Internet -> Mobile Network -> 4G calling
is about?
There are 2 different levels. This toggle you are talking about is on Operating System level. And yes, you can use it to toggle. The problem is from Oneplus side on the Modem Firmware. (Also in Oxygen OS VoLTE doesnt work).
There are different VoLTE configurations saved in the Modem Firmware. You can not edit them from Android itself. Only by a modem firmware update (thats how Oneplus could change the configuration).
There is a list of different profiles, and the one which is default is (how far I understand), a "dummy" profile which simply doesnt work. So if you select another one (see the post with instructions), it works, depending you choose the right profile for your region/carrier (doesnt need to be the same as not every carrier or region is represented, it's basically trial and error to find a compatible profile).
Then if it works on firmware level, the operating system toggle actually works.

I think it's theoretically possible to integrate a modem firmware update in LOS to enable VoLTE. But this would have to be tested very well (which it wont) and could possibly brick devices. Thats why LOS doesn't ship with firmware updates (in contrary to eg Graphene OS, who only support Pixel phones and can test properly). There are official statements that LOS wont update your firmware. They thought about it and decided against it (and I can very well understand it. Think about the ****storm if a LOS update bricked devices.)

Reactions: Spaceoid and lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
There are 2 different levels. This toggle you are talking about is on Operating System level. And yes, you can use it to toggle. The problem is from Oneplus side on the Modem Firmware. (Also in Oxygen OS VoLTE doesnt work).
There are different VoLTE configurations saved in the Modem Firmware. You can not edit them from Android itself. Only by a modem firmware update (thats how Oneplus could change the configuration).
There is a list of different profiles, and the one which is default is (how far I understand), a "dummy" profile which simply doesnt work. So if you select another one (see the post with instructions), it works, depending you choose the right profile for your region/carrier (doesnt need to be the same as not every carrier or region is represented, it's basically trial and error to find a compatible profile).
Then if it works on firmware level, the operating system toggle actually works.

I think it's theoretically possible to integrate a modem firmware update in LOS to enable VoLTE. But this would have to be tested very well (which it wont) and could possibly brick devices. Thats why LOS doesn't ship with firmware updates (in contrary to eg Graphene OS, who only support Pixel phones and can test properly). There are official statements that LOS wont update your firmware. They thought about it and decided against it (and I can very well understand it. Think about the ****storm if a LOS update bricked devices.)
For quite a while I had believed that custom ROMS would always contain firmware code as well. Only recently I learned that this is not the case, and now with your post I also think I understand the reasons for that. Thanks for your explanation! (y)

xk0niR

Jun 21, 2014
Anyone else has problems installing TWRP?
I´m always ending up booting into TWRP forever.

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Anyone else has problems installing TWRP?
I´m always ending up booting into TWRP forever.
TWRP does not work on OP6 properly. When I was flashing it, it always ended up in crashdump mode. I would recommend sticking with LOS recovery as that is the only well tested and documented way of using LOS. If you insist on using TWRP, probably better place to ask would in TWRP thread https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-3-...al-twrp-touch-recovery-for-oneplus-6.3860815/

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reactions: sid4306

xk0niR

Jun 21, 2014
I'm using TWRP without any problem
I guess I´ve found my mistake...

I´ve used "fastboot flash boot xxx.img" instead "fastboot boot xxx.img"
Oh well it´s some time since and I was in a rush.

Seems everything working fine so far now.

I´ve got Magisk installed but the Github instructions are outdated?
There is no option "Patch vbmeta in boot image"
Anyway I´ve patched boot.img and flashed it and everything seems okay.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Does your phone, while charging, sometimes show "Charging slowly" instead of just "Charging"? Maybe it's a faulty charging cable on my side.

Just to come back to this one, three months later - the issue was a hardware issue with a lose contact in my charger. Nothing to do with this ROM. In fact, I have yet to discover a single bug/issue with this ROM that is not hardware related anyways. Super awesome.

Reactions: gamertag128

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Just to come back to this one, three months later - the issue was a hardware issue with a lose contact in my charger. Nothing to do with this ROM. In fact, I have yet to discover a single bug/issue with this ROM that is not hardware related anyways. Super awesome.
The only hardware related bug that I sometimes encounter, is that the proximity sensor stays active at random times, even when no calls are being made. Couldn't identify what causes it. Other than that, everything is perfect

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
you need to review the post on page 1 and follow the lineageos wiki do it step by step and you will feel the smoothness and stability of this amazing rom ^^
Sounds good, but apparently not true in all cases: I'm currently running on latest Stock OOS 11.1.x with maoronofrio's TWRP 3.4.0-1 as recovery.
Trying to boot into LOS recovery (V 18.1-20220412) sends the device to the black "1+ Fasboot Mode" screen where it sits forever.
I'll try the remainder of the installation instructions based on my existing TWRP recovery. Fingers crossed it'll work...

Julianocas

Mar 29, 2012
Sounds good, but apparently not true in all cases: I'm currently running on latest Stock OOS 11.1.x with maoronofrio's TWRP 3.4.0-1 as recovery.
Trying to boot into LOS recovery (V 18.1-20220412) sends the device to the black "1+ Fasboot Mode" screen where it sits forever.
I'll try the remainder of the installation instructions based on my existing TWRP recovery. Fingers crossed it'll work...
Always reflash .zip TWRP right after flashing any ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Guys I was checking out the gerrit and found something to be excited about.

If I interpret it right, we should be included in the initial batch of devices being promoted to 19.1 🥳 and Luk1337 is probably staying our Maintainer.
    Dear Forum, i plan to switch my OP6 back to LOS as well.
    Back, because once i bought it some years ago, i was running LOS on it, but then switched to OOS, due to some struggles (and it was the first phone since the good old Motorola Milestone, where CyanogenOS gave me Froyo for the first time :D ).
    I don't need root or anything extraordinary, just LOS and Google apps. my Question: will the build in updater work and preser Gapps during updates? In the past due to A/B Layout, i always had to go to recovery, flash update and gapps, reboot into Recovery, flash gapps again, to no loose them.
    And on my OP3 the builtin Updater is not working, i always have to flash manually through TWRP ;(
    Thanks in advance!
    GAPPS are preserved. If you dont need anything fancy, then also just use LineageOS recovery. This will most probably also fix your update isues on OP3.
    Also had a OP3 before and LOS recovery worked flawless.

Slightly "offtopic":
    I was kind of afraid that our OP6 support was dropped, because nothing happened on the LineageOS Gerrit regarding our device. But Lukasz jsut pushed a whole lot of commits. So Android 12 seems inbound! (Whenever LOS team decides to release)
    I always update via OTA. I always have to patch a new boot.img with Magisk and install via fastboot, but Gapps are kept.
    No need for fastboot. Go into the Magisk app before installing the OTA, click on Uninstall Magisk, then Restore Images. Now install the OTA via the built in updater. Once the OTA update is installed, do not reboot. Go back into the Magisk app. Click on Install Magisk, select Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA), and only then reboot.

Full instructions can be found here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html