[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I still have that camera problem where every camera app is instantly crashing. I tried mindthegapps now, which didn't help. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me, if there is any file or folder I could delete or anything I could flash (like full OOS) that could solve this, short of having to wipe everything. So basically, is there any part of the system that manages cameras that does not get overwritten by LOS? Because I did reflash LOS already.
Edit: OK, reflshed oos in both slots to no avail. Now not even the flashlight works anymore, which it did previously. Guess I'll have to wipe then 😕
I guess its worth taking a backup. Flash latest OOS 11 and see if things work there and then move back to LOS. If things don't work on OOS, then maybe its hardware thing?

Reactions: Spaceoid

Andorria

Dec 24, 2015
Hi,

There's a bug on the latest build, where on the lock screen, if you have two SIMs installed, the icons sometimes overlaps.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-05-24 à 09.50.46.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-05-24 à 09.50.46.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 110

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1
I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Wow, I was looking for a setting like that in another case recently - that really helps!
(btw: as a reminder for everyone like me experimenting with that setting then forgetting the default: it is 384 dp ;))

Reactions: rocky184

treyy

Nov 19, 2010
hello together,

is it possible that "ih8sn" is causing bootloop after installing a new nightly? this is now the second time for me.

i change from slot A to slot B and the phone booted normally again. what should/can i do now to get "ih8sn" off the slot A installation?

thx

pdmr

Feb 9, 2014
I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

View attachment 5619435
how did you get the network speed indicators on statur bar? I can't find it.

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I guess its worth taking a backup. Flash latest OOS 11 and see if things work there and then move back to LOS. If things don't work on OOS, then maybe its hardware thing?
Thanks for your help. Just as a heads up in case anyone else has that as well... I installed OOS and the cam still wasn't working (it wasn't crashing but plain black with no interface). I googled that and it seems I'm not alone and it probably is a hardware fault. So I ordered a Pixel 6 pro now. Thanks for the ride luk1337, I would have loved to use this device for another year or two but this is the end of the line for me.

Reactions: Eruurk

Sanman89

Feb 28, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 6
@LuK1337 Sometimes this occurs to my device. A notification beep doesn't stop and the device continuously beeps until I turn off the device. The display doesn't turn on so I don't get a chance to find what is the notification. I guess it's MS teams but it seems to be occurring for other notifications as well.

I will try to share the dmesg logs next time when it occurs. What it the best way to obtain those logs. Should I connect to a pc while it is still continues beeping and take try to obtain logs? Or is it okay to get those logs after restart ?
Steps to capture logs will be appreciated.

Last edited:

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Updated from build 20220510 to 20220524 yesterday. Looking at Settings >> Privacy >> Trust it still says
Platform: outdated by several months
(>> Screenshot)
Checking YASNAC it says that I have security patch level 2022-05-05 (which apparently was included in last week's build). Who can I trust here?
I kind of expected that the data given in YASNAC and the ones shown at the Trust screen should be the same, but apparently that is not the case.
Something to worry about?

Screenshot_20220525-170622_LineageOS-Einstellungen.jpg

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
Updated from build 20220510 to 20220524 yesterday. Looking at Settings >> Privacy >> Trust it still says

(>> Screenshot)
Checking YASNAC it says that I have security patch level 2022-05-05 (which apparently was included in last week's build). Who can I trust here?
I kind of expected that the data given in YASNAC and the ones shown at the Trust screen should be the same, but apparently that is not the case.
Something to worry about?

View attachment 5622671
I haven't got such an issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-175858_LineageOS-Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220525-175858_LineageOS-Einstellungen.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: lm089

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1
hello together,

is it possible that "ih8sn" is causing bootloop after installing a new nightly? this is now the second time for me.

i change from slot A to slot B and the phone booted normally again. what should/can i do now to get "ih8sn" off the slot A installation?

thx
Bootloop happens if you don't execute "adb enable-verity" after the installation of ih8sn.
if you want to remove ih8sn then remove the files manually using adb or install rom using recovery(as mentioned in lineage wiki, just dont wipe data).

Top Liked Posts

Just to confirm - after having sideloaded Magisk last week, after this week's OTA Magisk and root are still kept, no need to flash to inactive slot or anything.
    Still I do not understand why I couldn't re-install it via patched boot.img last week after OTA. The ways of Magisk are mysterious.
    Pocket mode is broken, that's why gestures could active in your pocket. This will be fixed in the next build: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/+/332081/
    Will it or you're just assuming things...?
    I updated to the 06-21-22 update and lost magisk and root. I had a patched boot.img I was under the impression that wouldn't be touched when doing OTA updates?
    As clarified just a few posts earlier this appears to not be the case depending on how you installed Magisk.

Around the time 24.2 came out I had to completely wipe my phone and reinstall LOS. I did so multiple times in different ways for different reasons at that point. Also the way I installed Magisk.
    It appears that the sideload way was the one that remained in the end. After this I noticed that I no longer had to manually install Magisk to the inactive slot between update and reboot. I incorrectly assumed that the following changelog note was the reason:
    [App] Major app upgrade flow improvements

Just to confirm - after having sideloaded Magisk last week, after this week's OTA Magisk and root are still kept, no need to flash to inactive slot or anything.
    Still I do not understand why I couldn't re-install it via patched boot.img last week after OTA. The ways of Magisk are mysterious.
    Yeah, I used the recommended way by having the app patch boot.img, followed by flashing it.
    The problem is discussed here:
    In short, when installed via the recommended method, Magisk will not survive OTAs. This appears to be by design by the developer, see this comment:

The old, unsupported approach (sideloading the .zip) still installs the retention script. That's also how I installed, and retention during OTAs is also still working for me, but that seems not officially supported anymore.
    Does somebody know, why todays update got revoked?
    I have installed it and not facing any issues
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

View attachment 5619435
    Question: Will there ever be more stable versions than the "nightlies"? I'm unsure where to put them in terms of quality and stability- should they be considered as "alpha" versions? Or are they even more reliable than "betas"?

Thanks in advance.
    imo the first 2 nightlies were perfectly stable. No crashes, fc, excessive battery drain, whatever. (y)