[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

mobileanimal

Jul 23, 2013
Hi all, I just installed this on my OP6 hoping it might have corrected an issue with 18.1 and VoLTE, but it did not. If I turn on airplane mode, then turn it back off, I lose VoLTE calling. *#*#4636#*#* > Phone info > 3 dots > IMS Service Status will no longer show Registered for IMS registration - it will show "Not Registered" and stay that way until the phone is rebooted. Voice over LTE will show as Unavailable. The VoLTE switch is still enabled in SIM settings. I don't see anything interesting in hours of searching through logcats. Can someone else let me know if they're also seeing this issue when turning on airplane mode and back off before I attempt a full rebuild?
Thanks

lm089

Ok, I'll try disabling Usnf. In regards to the fingerprint topic: any chance to roll that back to the original version? The measure didn't work anyways...
Never mind, just found the "reset fingerprint switch" in MHPC, and after rebooting security patches now is "up-to-date".
Thanks @vikash1994b for hinting

Last edited:
Reactions: vikash1994b

HoreaM

Oct 4, 2020
Does anyone else always get the location privacy indicator whenever they unlock their phone on the new build, even if the location is turned off?
The icon in the upper right corner I'm referring to:

2022-05-26 11_47_31-Window.png

lm089

Are you on the latest build 19-20220524-NIGHTLY-enchilada ? This issue is supposedly fixed in latest build.
same situation as @HoreaM: I had skipped last week's build (20220517) because of this behaviour, and installed this week's (20220524) because of the "exempt" note in this build's change list, but since then I'm seeing the same on every wake-up. The green icon then disappears after a second or so. In my case this is with location turned on, btw.
Tested freezing some apps that I know are using GPS data, but no change.
Also sometimes in between e.g. while I'm typing this here the icon keeps appearing for a short moment

Last edited:

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
If you pull down and tap on the notification, it will tell you what is location indicator is for. Is it for phone services again? I have been running the latest build (I did upgrade to the one which had the problem in between) and don't see that issue of phone service location indicator anymore. I do see some people on reddit/gitlab saying they still see issue. I don't know how/why.

There is another change coming to exempt some more stuff from location indicator. Maybe that will help? But unless someone here tells what app (like com.android.phone for TeleService) I don't know if they can do anything.

Reactions: lm089

treyy

Nov 19, 2010
Bootloop happens if you don't execute "adb enable-verity" after the installation of ih8sn.
if you want to remove ih8sn then remove the files manually using adb or install rom using recovery(as mentioned in lineage wiki, just dont wipe data).
@vikash1994b THX for your answer.

When i install ih8sn like this :

enable usb debugging and rooted debugging in the developer options
* reboot phone
* extract the ih8sn.zip and put the files in your adb folder
* execute the following commands in your adb folder:
adb wait-for-device root
adb wait-for-device remount
adb wait-for-device push 60-ih8sn.sh /system/addon.d/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn /system/bin/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn.rc /system/etc/init/
adb wait-for-device push ih8sn.conf /system/etc/
*reboot phone

Do i have to execute "adb enable-verity" before or after the last reboot? Thx

lm089

Any simplex way for maintaining twrp when updating nightly?
If you are using Magisk you can try what I posted at #163:

Only disadvantage of that method is that using the LOS updater is extremely slow, at least on my device. Still that's how I do it

Last edited:

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I appreaciate that LOS gives me battery history since last full charge (I heard AOSP/Pixel software made it history of last 12/24 hours) but this is definitely buggy. Like those percentages of app battery usage is out of what like 200% ? 300% ?

Screenshot_20220526-085002_Settings.png

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1

* reboot phone
adb wait-for-device root
*reboot phone

Doesn't matter before or after reboot, you can execute it just after installing ih8sn and then reboot.
BTW there is a powershell shell script too in the folder for installing ih8sn.

Reactions: treyy

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021

* reboot phone
adb wait-for-device root
*reboot phone

Which .zip did you use, did it fix safetynet and do you need to do the installation every time, when you update to a new build?

Edit: I didn't extracted a fingerprint on OxygenOS. Could I still do it on LineageOS or is there a need, if I just use the PowerShell script?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Hello @LuK1337 ,

My OnePlus 6 fingerprint reader doesn't work on LineageOS 19.1, I confirmed it works fine on LineageOS 18.1 and OxygenOS 11.1.2.2, this is previous feedback: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-enchilada-12-lineageos-19.4437321/post-87014077

What is your--
    LineageOS version: 19-20220802-NIGHTLY-enchilada
    LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...ge-19.1-20220802-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    Gapps version: MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439

Did you--
    wipe: yes
    restore with titanium backup: no
    reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
    a task killer: no
    a non-stock kernel: no
    other modifications: Magisk 25.2 (after MindTheGapps)

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I reset the device to OxygenOS 10.3.8 using the unbrick tool, then updated to OxygenOS 10.3.12, I flashed twice to make sure both slots were flashed to the new version. After updating to OxygenOS 11.1.2.2, I also flashed twice.

I followed the guide closely afterward, so it shouldn't be a problem due to my mishandling.
    Try next build.
    Can you help me with the link to download the final build of lineageos 18.1 thanks a lot
    Also I would like to ask if lineageos 19.1 is now available for daily use ?
    Sadly I do not have that link; I do not even know if the last build of LOS 18.1 is still available for download somewhere on the LOS site.
    But yes, 19.1 is absolutely good as a daily driver, it works awesomely!
    i am on latest oos what instructions do i need to follow to upgrade to 19.1 safely without errors ?
    This is the guide for you:

If you follow it closely, no errors or problems should arise.
    I've also experienced the notification sound crackling issue, but only on first install.

The first time I installed (maybe 3-4 builds ago), the OTP, trust, and setup notifications during/after the setup process were all very crackly. I tried calling the phone and sending it messages too, all the notifications crackled. Then I tried a media audio stream (YouTube video in the browser), and it sounded fine. Immediately after that, the notifications started sounding fine too.

The next day I did another clean flash, and I had the same crackling notifications during the setup process. This time, I didn't try anything else, just started a Swift Backup restore and left my phone for half an hour. When I came back, the notification sounds were perfectly fine. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have no problems with notifications now, and I leave my phone on ring mode for most of the day.
    Okay, I managed to restore the backup. I'll post my exact steps for reference, perhaps it'll help someone. Perhaps even future me, when I get into this mess again.

TL;DR: Keep system installation zip for each backup you wish to be able to restore.

So, I had two backups, newer based on LOS from 28.06 and older based on LOS 15.06. I had an install zip with LOS version from 15.06, but I didn't have one from 28.06 and it was already gone from LOS download site.

1. First, I copied everything from internal storage onto my computer. This procedure will wipe data and sdcard so copy your twrp backups and other data to avoid losing it.
    2. Rebooted to fastboot (power+volume up)
    3. Flashed LOS recovery: fastboot flash boot ./lineage-19.1-20220615-recovery-enchilada.img
    4. Booted to recovery (from fastboot)
    5. Used factory reset option (this will wipe your data including internal memory, backup your data)
    6. Flashed the same version of LOS as was in the older backup adb sideload adb sideload ./lineage-19.1-20220615-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip (used install update option)
    7. Rebooted recovery (switches active slot)
    8. Flashed gapps adb sideload ./MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip
    9. Flashed again the same version of LOS as was in the older backup adb sideload adb sideload ./lineage-19.1-20220615-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip (now in the second slot)
    10. Rebooted recovery (switches active slot)
    11. Flashed gapps again adb sideload ./MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip
    12. Went through initial setup in the OS - didn't set any pin
    13. Rebooted to fastboot adb reboot bootloader
    14. Booted TWRP fastboot boot twrp-3.6.2_11-0-enchilada.img
    15. It didn't decrypt data partition
    16. Flashed TWRP: advanced -> flash current TWRP
    17. Rebooted recovery - it decrypted data now
    18. Sideloaded magisk (because I had it in my backup, not sure if that's needed) adb sideload Magisk-v25.0.apk
    19. Downloaded the older backup (with LOS from 15.06) onto the phone adb push ../2022-07-03--19-28-17_lineage_enchilada-userdebug_12_SQ3A22060500/ /sdcard/TWRP
    20. Restoring data alone didn't work (system didn't finish booting)
    21. Restoring boot, system, data worked
    22. Rebooted twice for proper working system
    Now I had a working system with a month old backup, but I wanted to restore the newer backup for which I didn't have the system install zip. I'm sure it worked by an accident but I'll post my steps. They were taken right after I confirmed that a month old backup is restored and is booting properly.
    1. First I switched to the other slot in TWRP.
    2. Made a backup of the key store so that TWRP will be able to decrypt data: adb pull /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db .
    3. Restored only data from the newer backup
    4. Restoring data overwrote the keystore so I backed this one up as well: adb pull /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db ./recoverablekeystore.db.from_backup
    5. Pushed original keystore (AFAICT this enables TWRP to decrypt the data): adb push ./recoverablekeystore.db /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db
    6. Rebooted to system, however it didn't finish booting
    7. Rebooted to recovery (it decrypted the data)
    8. Restored keystore from backup: adb push ./recoverablekeystore.db.from_backup /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db (effectively this is the same as restoring data from backup again at this point)
    9. Restored system and boot from newer backup
    10. Rebooted to system and it booted properly.
    Now, I'm certain that some of these steps are not needed, however I have a working system now and I can't spend any more time to narrow it down. It weird that it worked, since I tried similar steps while first flashing newest LOS (27.07) and when I restored system+boot I got into recovery bootloop.

For now, it seems that the only working way to restore backup is to first have system installation zip. Perhaps some shenanigans with keystore could work, but I couldn't work that out.

Thanks to @lm089 and @tabletalker7 for their instructions.
    That got me thinking:
    Just tried to use the alert slider every other hour, and voila: No more issues until now.
    Although it's not a perfect solution, it works fine for me.

Thanks a lot!
    So this evening I let my phone sit in loud mode for around 4 hours and did not notice any sound issue. Might be the time span was too small, or it is somewhat not a general problem...

Edit: The same evening, I received a SMS without receiving a notification! I just saw it right now after opening the SMS app. First time it happens. As I read further above, this might be a kinda known issue. Still never happened to me before, and I communicate lots via SMS.
    Still, might also be I swiped the notification away by accident. :D

Edit2: I found this regarding the SMS 'issue', which is quite interesting:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n5dttk Seems to be a long-known bug with the stock SMS app of LOS. Two different fixes are offered, too, either via ADB command or by switching to a different, third-party messaging app.
    i am on latest oos what instructions do i need to follow to upgrade to 19.1 safely without errors ?
    This is the guide for you:

If you follow it closely, no errors or problems should arise.
    Any chance to have Wireguard kernel implementation?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
    Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.
    I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

View attachment 5619435
    Question: Will there ever be more stable versions than the "nightlies"? I'm unsure where to put them in terms of quality and stability- should they be considered as "alpha" versions? Or are they even more reliable than "betas"?

Thanks in advance.
    imo the first 2 nightlies were perfectly stable. No crashes, fc, excessive battery drain, whatever. (y)