[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I'm having a lot of issues on LOS19 related to notifications just not arriving until I open apps. This is happening across different apps as well so I can't really blame the apps themselves. I wonder if something has changed in Android 12. I don't get notifications from Signal, Whatsapp, Duo until I open the apps. I never had such problem on LOS18.1 with same apps (I upgraded from 18 to 19 and barely have installed additional apps). Yes, I have changed power settings for the said apps to be unrestricted from balanced. I know there was some issue that needed sideload of gapps again (the calender sync). I never did that. I wonder if notifications for the apps is related to this as well as its based of GMS as well.

Edit: I re-flased latest MTG, that fixed the calender sync issues and I think it also helped with notification issues (unless this is just a placebo?)

Last edited:

HeadQuaker

Nov 30, 2008
the last one available 11.1.2.2

Hum maybe i did not do the sideload of the partition well, will retry.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Is anyone here experiencing SLIGHT problems with the MTP connection to the computer?
I like to copy folders with mp3s (music albums) to my phone. While copying, regularily my windows explorer crashes (that is, the explorer window of my phone storage just closes. The explorer does not crash completely). The copying process continues though. But, sometimes, my folders then will end up in the root path of the internal storage, not the path I have chosen.

No idea what causes this behavious. I also did not find anything with Google. I posted a thread here on XDA, but no fruitful help there either.
I have latest Win10 with all driver updates, latest LOS, latest OOS... :D

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
Is anyone here experiencing SLIGHT problems with the MTP connection to the computer?
I like to copy folders with mp3s (music albums) to my phone. While copying, regularily my windows explorer crashes (that is, the explorer window of my phone storage just closes. The explorer does not crash completely). The copying process continues though. But, sometimes, my folders then will end up in the root path of the internal storage, not the path I have chosen.

No idea what causes this behavious. I also did not find anything with Google. I posted a thread here on XDA, but no fruitful help there either.
I have latest Win10 with all driver updates, latest LOS, latest OOS... :D
MTP has been a broken mess on Windows for years. I switched to using FTP ages ago - with 5GHz WiFi it can be faster than USB 2.0 speeds anyway, and no wires!

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
As of Magisk 24.2 you don't need to bother to do anything special any more. Perform the LOS update using the updater and Magisk will remain present after reboot.
If you performed the LOS update with an older version of Magisk and you did not go to the app to install itself on the inactive slot just before reboot you'd need to install it manually again as you did the first time (sideloading the modified kernel or the app).
So, I just tried this out with the latest OTA of today.
Just downloaded and installed the OTA through the system updater without doing anything special with Magisk. I am on Magisk 25.1.
As I kinda expected, I now lost root after reboot and need to reinstall Magisk. The manager is still present, ofc. I repacked my manager under a different name, so idk if that might have been an error on my side, but based on my experiences I think it is still necessary to install Magisk manually to inactive slot with every OTA. This is also still the official way of doing an OTA, according to the Magisk website.

Edit: This might sound a little salty. It is not intended in that way. Maybe the mistake is on my side, too. I just wanted to share my experience.
Edit2: Now I cannot reinstall Magisk, as the phone will not boot after I fastboot-flashed the patched boot image from Magisk. The sadness.

Last edited:

Forage

May 18, 2012
So, I just tried this out with the latest OTA of today.
Just downloaded and installed the OTA through the system updater without doing anything special with Magisk. I am on Magisk 25.1.
As I kinda expected, I now lost root after reboot and need to reinstall Magisk. The manager is still present, ofc. I repacked my manager under a different name, so idk if that might have been an error on my side, but based on my experiences I think it is still necessary to install Magisk manually to inactive slot with every OTA. This is also still the official way of doing an OTA, according to the Magisk website.

Edit: This might sound a little salty. It is not intended in that way. Maybe the mistake is on my side, too. I just wanted to share my experience.
Edit2: Now I cannot reinstall Magisk, as the phone will not boot after I fastboot-flashed the patched boot image from Magisk. The sadness.
In my case, after performing an OTA and before rebooting, Magisk does no longer even present me with the option to install to an inactive slot but after the reboot Magisk is still there as it should. Also, the website no longer talks about the manual procedure for OTAs as it did before.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
In my case, after performing an OTA and before rebooting, Magisk does no longer even present me with the option to install to an inactive slot but after the reboot Magisk is still there as it should. Also, the website no longer talks about the manual procedure as it did before.
Oh wow, okay. This is super weird.
I cannot even re-install Magisk now. After patching the boot.img and installing it through fastboot, my phone will not boot anymore. It is stuck on the "bootloader unlocked" warning screen. Any idea what I could do?

Edit: I sideloaded the manager app renaming it to "uninstall.zip", but instead of completely uninstalling Magisk, it properly re-installed it. Everything seems fine now.
I am interested, though, in to why I need to still install Magisk to inactive slot after every update. What am I doing wrong? Maybe it is a problem that I always have my Manager repacked under a different name?
Edit2: I did never patch my vbmeta partition, as this was stated optional in the installation instructions. Maybe that is the problem I lose root on every OTA without manually installing it to inactive slot?

Last edited:

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I updated to today's build and everything went just fine on my side. I have Magisk 24.x installed (and renamed the app to different to hide it from other apps). I have never had issues with OTA not preserving root for me. I have LOS19 (with LOS recovery) + MTG + Magisk and OTA updates work just fine.

PSA: If some OTA is dead stuck, you can revert back to old slot from fastboot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/s6ca3y

Last edited:
Reactions: lm089

Forage

May 18, 2012
I updated to today's build and everything went just fine on my side. I have Magisk 24.x installed (and renamed the app to different to hide it from other apps). I have never had issues with OTA not preserving root for me. I have LOS19 (with LOS recovery) + MTG + Magisk and OTA updates work just fine.

PSA: If some OTA is dead stuck, you can revert back to old slot from fastboot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/s6ca3y
Just to verify: did you manually install Magisk to the inactive slot between the OTA update and reboot by using the Magisk app or did you simply reboot right after the OTA update?

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Just to verify: did you manually install Magisk to the inactive slot between the OTA update and reboot by using the Magisk app or did you simply reboot right after the OTA update?
Nope. Received OTA update, installed it and rebooted. No manual action or reflash of Magisk of any kind in between. That has been the case for me since LOS18 (which was first install on my enchilada).

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Nope. Received OTA update, installed it and rebooted. No manual action or reflash of Magisk of any kind in between. That has been the case for me since LOS18 (which was first install on my enchilada).
That is what I am trying to achieve now, too. But after OTA without any additional steps I seem to lose root. Which is not a problem per se, because there is the inactive-slot-installation workaround, but like that it would be much more comfortable.

lm089

In my case, after performing an OTA and before rebooting, Magisk does no longer even present me with the option to install to an inactive slot but after the reboot Magisk is still there as it should. Also, the website no longer talks about the manual procedure for OTAs as it did before.
The option to install to inactive slot is still there on my side (just updated LOS, Magisk 25.1). Strange that there are so many variations...

Forage

May 18, 2012
The option to install to inactive slot is still there on my side (just updated LOS, Magisk 25.1). Strange that there are so many variations...
I still do have the option to do so, just not in between the OTA and reboot. Could it be related to the modules installed or the presence of Gapps? I'm on MicroG with only the modules AuroraServices, MagiskHide Props Config, Shamiko and Universal SafetyNet Fix.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
I still do have the option to do so, just not in between the OTA and reboot. Could it be related to the modules installed or the presence of Gapps? I'm on MicroG with only the modules AuroraServices, MagiskHide Props Config, Shamiko and Universal SafetyNet Fix.
No idea actually. I also asked in the general Magisk thread on XDA, but no answer yet. I am on MindTheGapps, only Universal SafetyNet Fix (and ACC) as modules installed.
How did you install Magisk for the very first time? Just by installing the manager.apk, then patching and fastboot-flashing boot.img?

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
No idea actually. I also asked in the general Magisk thread on XDA, but no answer yet. I am on MindTheGapps, only Universal SafetyNet Fix (and ACC) as modules installed.
How did you install Magisk for the very first time? Just by installing the manager.apk, then patching and fastboot-flashing boot.img?
I personally installed Magisk through adb sideload Magisk-24.x.apk . I know this is deprecated method but it still worked fine for me at the time.

lm089

Different topic, probably not quite the right thread, but I'll try anyways, as I think I might have f*** up big. Here's what happened (I know, I shouldn't have started all this in the first place, but I did...):
Before I had updated this morning I had removed the security pattern then created a full NANDROID through TWRP.
after successfully installing today's OTA I decided to give MindTheGapps a try NikGapps because of that location indicator flaw. Uninstalled Nik, flashed MTG, which worked fine. But then realized MTG had installed quite a few modules I didn't want and that constantly bugged me to be updated (OK Google and others). So I decided to simply go back to TWRP and restore my backup. Done that before so I felt safe. Not this time though:
after having restored I clicked "reboot to system" which booted twice and sent me back to TWRP. But unfortunately now my entire /sdcard is encrypted!
Switching slots, rebooting to TWRP, whatever did not help.
Next I started ADB sideload from TWRP then flashed latest LOS19.1.
Tried to reboot which appeared to work but it only got me to a never-ending LOS boot animation

I can boot into bootloader or into LOS recovery. I also can temp boot TWRP, but I cannot access my data.
Before I take the pain wiping everything and reinstalling: anyone having an idea what I could do to get out of this situation, or at least how I could recover my data?

UPDATE: phiooo - at least I could get TWRP to have unencrypted access to my data, so at least I now should be able to backup everything I need to my PC...

Last edited:

Forage

May 18, 2012
Yeah, I used the recommended way by having the app patch boot.img, followed by flashing it.

olifee

Sep 12, 2011
OnePlus 6
Yeah, I used the recommended way by having the app patch boot.img, followed by flashing it.
The problem is discussed here:
In short, when installed via the recommended method, Magisk will not survive OTAs. This appears to be by design by the developer, see this comment:

The old, unsupported approach (sideloading the .zip) still installs the retention script. That's also how I installed, and retention during OTAs is also still working for me, but that seems not officially supported anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've also experienced the notification sound crackling issue, but only on first install.

The first time I installed (maybe 3-4 builds ago), the OTP, trust, and setup notifications during/after the setup process were all very crackly. I tried calling the phone and sending it messages too, all the notifications crackled. Then I tried a media audio stream (YouTube video in the browser), and it sounded fine. Immediately after that, the notifications started sounding fine too.

The next day I did another clean flash, and I had the same crackling notifications during the setup process. This time, I didn't try anything else, just started a Swift Backup restore and left my phone for half an hour. When I came back, the notification sounds were perfectly fine. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have no problems with notifications now, and I leave my phone on ring mode for most of the day.
    Okay, I managed to restore the backup. I'll post my exact steps for reference, perhaps it'll help someone. Perhaps even future me, when I get into this mess again.

TL;DR: Keep system installation zip for each backup you wish to be able to restore.

So, I had two backups, newer based on LOS from 28.06 and older based on LOS 15.06. I had an install zip with LOS version from 15.06, but I didn't have one from 28.06 and it was already gone from LOS download site.

1. First, I copied everything from internal storage onto my computer. This procedure will wipe data and sdcard so copy your twrp backups and other data to avoid losing it.
    2. Rebooted to fastboot (power+volume up)
    3. Flashed LOS recovery: fastboot flash boot ./lineage-19.1-20220615-recovery-enchilada.img
    4. Booted to recovery (from fastboot)
    5. Used factory reset option (this will wipe your data including internal memory, backup your data)
    6. Flashed the same version of LOS as was in the older backup adb sideload adb sideload ./lineage-19.1-20220615-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip (used install update option)
    7. Rebooted recovery (switches active slot)
    8. Flashed gapps adb sideload ./MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip
    9. Flashed again the same version of LOS as was in the older backup adb sideload adb sideload ./lineage-19.1-20220615-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip (now in the second slot)
    10. Rebooted recovery (switches active slot)
    11. Flashed gapps again adb sideload ./MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip
    12. Went through initial setup in the OS - didn't set any pin
    13. Rebooted to fastboot adb reboot bootloader
    14. Booted TWRP fastboot boot twrp-3.6.2_11-0-enchilada.img
    15. It didn't decrypt data partition
    16. Flashed TWRP: advanced -> flash current TWRP
    17. Rebooted recovery - it decrypted data now
    18. Sideloaded magisk (because I had it in my backup, not sure if that's needed) adb sideload Magisk-v25.0.apk
    19. Downloaded the older backup (with LOS from 15.06) onto the phone adb push ../2022-07-03--19-28-17_lineage_enchilada-userdebug_12_SQ3A22060500/ /sdcard/TWRP
    20. Restoring data alone didn't work (system didn't finish booting)
    21. Restoring boot, system, data worked
    22. Rebooted twice for proper working system
    Now I had a working system with a month old backup, but I wanted to restore the newer backup for which I didn't have the system install zip. I'm sure it worked by an accident but I'll post my steps. They were taken right after I confirmed that a month old backup is restored and is booting properly.
    1. First I switched to the other slot in TWRP.
    2. Made a backup of the key store so that TWRP will be able to decrypt data: adb pull /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db .
    3. Restored only data from the newer backup
    4. Restoring data overwrote the keystore so I backed this one up as well: adb pull /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db ./recoverablekeystore.db.from_backup
    5. Pushed original keystore (AFAICT this enables TWRP to decrypt the data): adb push ./recoverablekeystore.db /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db
    6. Rebooted to system, however it didn't finish booting
    7. Rebooted to recovery (it decrypted the data)
    8. Restored keystore from backup: adb push ./recoverablekeystore.db.from_backup /data/system/recoverablekeystore.db (effectively this is the same as restoring data from backup again at this point)
    9. Restored system and boot from newer backup
    10. Rebooted to system and it booted properly.
    Now, I'm certain that some of these steps are not needed, however I have a working system now and I can't spend any more time to narrow it down. It weird that it worked, since I tried similar steps while first flashing newest LOS (27.07) and when I restored system+boot I got into recovery bootloop.

For now, it seems that the only working way to restore backup is to first have system installation zip. Perhaps some shenanigans with keystore could work, but I couldn't work that out.

Thanks to @lm089 and @tabletalker7 for their instructions.
    That got me thinking:
    Just tried to use the alert slider every other hour, and voila: No more issues until now.
    Although it's not a perfect solution, it works fine for me.

Thanks a lot!
    So this evening I let my phone sit in loud mode for around 4 hours and did not notice any sound issue. Might be the time span was too small, or it is somewhat not a general problem...

Edit: The same evening, I received a SMS without receiving a notification! I just saw it right now after opening the SMS app. First time it happens. As I read further above, this might be a kinda known issue. Still never happened to me before, and I communicate lots via SMS.
    Still, might also be I swiped the notification away by accident. :D

Edit2: I found this regarding the SMS 'issue', which is quite interesting:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n5dttk Seems to be a long-known bug with the stock SMS app of LOS. Two different fixes are offered, too, either via ADB command or by switching to a different, third-party messaging app.
    i am on latest oos what instructions do i need to follow to upgrade to 19.1 safely without errors ?
    This is the guide for you:

If you follow it closely, no errors or problems should arise.
    Superb, thanks for the tip. it was slightly harder from Windows as the command line mentioned in google didn't work:

I eventually did:
    Bash:
    adb root
    adb shell
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = "android_id";'

It then returned the ID I copied/pasted into the website:

Needless to say, don't forget to install adb, drivers and enabled usb debugging and adb root access from Developer Options :)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
    Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.
    I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

View attachment 5619435
    Question: Will there ever be more stable versions than the "nightlies"? I'm unsure where to put them in terms of quality and stability- should they be considered as "alpha" versions? Or are they even more reliable than "betas"?

Thanks in advance.
    imo the first 2 nightlies were perfectly stable. No crashes, fc, excessive battery drain, whatever. (y)