[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Zeti2000

Aug 13, 2022
But I have another problem! My hotspot is not working… how I can fix this problem? Other devices can’t find my phone, hotspot nor usb sharing internet. Before I installed LOS, it was working just fine on Android. Is there a fix for it?

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Today I again received two SMS for which I did not reveive any notification. I just saw them upon opening my (stock) SMS app. So my workaround posted above seems not to work completely. Maybe I'll try a different SMS app.

Edit: I did some further research. Apparently the workaround I posted a little further above IS in fact working, it just has to be re-applied after every LOS update. So, for now it seems to be up to the user to either whitelist the stock SMS app from doze after every update via ADB, or to switch the standard SMS app completely.
Edit2: It seems that whitelisting the stock SMS app in fact DOES survive updates. My SMS app STIILL got shut down by doze mode, though. Which probably leaves switching to a non-stock SMS app the only solution for reliable SMS reception at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: sid4306

lupastro82

Jul 16, 2018
Will be my preferred CR if support faceunlock.
Atm i still continue to use los or AOSP fork.

Is sadness 🥲😅

falcodx

Apr 8, 2013
OnePlus 6
Hi all, since yesterday I'm experiencing a wierd behavior of media Playback (audio or video): Infrequently it stucks, freezes or stutters, depends on how long it lasts.
It happens on any platform and hardware like YouTube, audiobook app, Bluetooth headphones, phone speaker, etc . No difference.
Telephone call tests seems normal so far
Someone experienced something like this before?
Even after trying upgrading to latest nightly did not fix this..

kecodoc

Apr 29, 2011
HaiPhong
OnePlus 6
I'm on version 19-20220802-NIGHTLY-enchilada and can't update after downloading the new version I got an error that the update system was stopped and exited like the picture I sent.
What do I need to do to update to the new version without causing errors?
Thank you very much
after i restarted my phone everything was updated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-080604_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220819-080604_Trebuchet.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 44

simsim8791

Aug 19, 2022
hello

how is the autonomy with this ROM ?
with the last version of the offical one plus i'm arround 1 day with low usage and it's hard to do intense usage without a power bank to be safe for a day

thanks

lm089

Highly depends on how you use the phone, and on the current state of the battery. For me on a usual workday with not too much playing around, no videos, just wifi connection, some emails, messages and phone call the phone consumes between 1.5 and 2% per hour (according to GSam). On other days it can get up to 2.5% / hr. As far as I remember figures were similar with the latest stock ROM version, maybe slightly higher.
I often use the phone for GPS tracking on bike trails. Power consumption is much higher then, but I still can easily complete an 10 hr trail (with breaks, I'm not Lance Armstrong :D) without recharging.
If you're heavy player or video watcher, and constant user of mobile data figures will be much higher of course

kecodoc

Apr 29, 2011
HaiPhong
OnePlus 6
Please help
i'm rooted and ok google function on my device is not working is there anything i can do to fix it? I can't find an option to hold down the home key to turn on the assistant please help thank a lot !

esbeeb

Jan 25, 2022
Huawei Nexus 6P
I just did an upgrade to the latest weekly enchilada (to get the August Security updates especially), and all seemed to go smoothly. (The wireless hotspot feature also means a lot to me, working smoothly... and I'm using it successfully to make this post).

Much appreciated for your kind work, @LuK1337 !

Reactions: Spaceoid

Zeti2000

Aug 13, 2022
I upgraded also to the latest update but still the hotspot is not working for me.

Last edited:

wordlesswind

May 19, 2016
It may really be tough to address something when I get feedback 2 weeks later. Join the IRC channel if you care about getting it fixed.
It seems Libera.Chat has stricter requirements for access from the Chinese mainland (must have SASL), but I don't have an nickname, and requiring SASL also means I can't get into the server to register.

Zeti2000

Aug 13, 2022
That's not "hotspot", but "USB tethering".
Check
a) Settings -> Network and Internet -> Hotspot and tethring -> USB tethering
b) the popup when plugging in the USB cable
c) the USB cable itself
Umm… I’v done that every time but my pc can’t connect to internet via USB. I also understand the differences between hotspot and USB tethering. Neither one of those are working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this will be slightly off-topic, so sorry in advance; and also, since the development as of know 'only' is done in the common Gerrit for all devices that share our SoC, it might not yet be guaranteed that we'll receive LOS20 in the end; BUT

In the common Gerrit of all the OnePlus devices that feature the Snapdragon 845, development on LOS20 has begun! Let the hype train start once more! And, in any case, endless gratitude for the brave developers that work on LOS in their valuable freetime...

Edit 18.09.: Now there's movement also in the Gerrit for our specific device!
    Just for others experiencing the SMS notification problem too: I am using Signal as my standard SMS app for 10 days now, and since then never had the problem again. So I suppose the root of the notification issue lies solely in the stock SMS app, and by using any other SMS app as standard the issue is resolved.
    Thank you for yoyr reply where can I get the instruction from crdroud?

Use the video as "graphical illustration". Update to the latest OOS to be sure to be on the newest firmware and please stick to official instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install

It is really a step by step instruction. Only by following that, you can be sure that everything works.

EDIT: Jup, the video missed a vital thing from the isntallation guide: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install#ensuring-all-firmware-partitions-are-consistent

Just follow the official step by step instructions. If questions arise, ask. But dont stick to incomplete amateur youtube videos.
    @LuK1337 Thank you for maintaining lineage OS for OP6. I have a request. When phone is locked, number of icons in status bar reduces a lot. I cannot even check if my phone is connected to wifi without unlocking the phone. Is it a bug? Can the status bar show same number of icons even when phone is locked?

Thanks!
    Screenshot_20220826-193354_Nova Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220826-193400_Nova Launcher.png
    guys one more question iam tring to sideload install Gapps arm64 Stock and mentioned in instruction

its giving me error and not getting installed..

Can auto call recording be enabled in the ROM..????
    Read the 2 Notes from the Guide:

"Note: Add-ons aren’t signed with LineageOS’s official key, and therefore when they are sideloaded, Lineage Recovery will present a screen that says Signature verification failed, this is expected, please click Continue.
    Note: If you want the Google Apps add-on on your device, you must follow this step before booting into LineageOS for the first time!"

Call recording is built in, but depends on your legislation. In germany for e.g. it is disabled.

EDIT: Also be sure to install the GAPPS linked in the guide. If you already started your ROM, you need to at least factory reset the ROM I think. (Not sure if you need to reinstall, I do not use GAPPS, so my experience is limited).
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I know this will be slightly off-topic, so sorry in advance; and also, since the development as of know 'only' is done in the common Gerrit for all devices that share our SoC, it might not yet be guaranteed that we'll receive LOS20 in the end; BUT

In the common Gerrit of all the OnePlus devices that feature the Snapdragon 845, development on LOS20 has begun! Let the hype train start once more! And, in any case, endless gratitude for the brave developers that work on LOS in their valuable freetime...

Edit 18.09.: Now there's movement also in the Gerrit for our specific device!
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
    Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.
    I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

View attachment 5619435