[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

vedalam

Sep 10, 2017
OnePlus 6
I know it's not right to ask OOS related queries on this rom thread but it's like an emergency.
Recently I bought OnePlus 6 2nd hand and camera was working fine and after factory reset it suddenly stopped working. I followed few steps provided on Google but it couldn't help much, camera worked for half an hour then went black again. I'm currently on latest version OOS based on Android 11 .
Please help me get rid of this problem 🙏

Can switching to custom rom like lineage os 19.1 can solve this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-005302.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-005302.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 59

ravidevani

Feb 5, 2016
Pune
I know it's not right to ask OOS related queries on this rom thread but it's like an emergency.
Recently I bought OnePlus 6 2nd hand and camera was working fine and after factory reset it suddenly stopped working. I followed few steps provided on Google but it couldn't help much, camera worked for half an hour then went black again. I'm currently on latest version OOS based on Android 11 .
Please help me get rid of this problem 🙏

Can switching to custom rom like lineage os 19.1 can solve this issue?
Damn ... It's happening to so many people.. my OnePlus 6 back camera also stopped working since last couple of days... Please keep me in loop if you find some solution.. I was on LineageOS when it stopped working.. I reset the phone to Oxygen OS with MSM tool.. But no luck :(

Luk3s

Dec 29, 2019
OnePlus 6
Damn ... It's happening to so many people.. my OnePlus 6 back camera also stopped working since last couple of days... Please keep me in loop if you find some solution.. I was on LineageOS when it stopped working.. I reset the phone to Oxygen OS with MSM tool.. But no luck :(
Mine is working great with last updates, took pictures from both sides recently using native camera app.
It's important to make sure that "Camera Access" is unblocked in the quick settings menu, and the app have permission to access it.

lm089

Damn ... It's happening to so many people.. my OnePlus 6 back camera also stopped working since last couple of days... Please keep me in loop if you find some solution.. I was on LineageOS when it stopped working.. I reset the phone to Oxygen OS with MSM tool.. But no luck
I'm currently running build 20221115, so no experience with this week's version. As camera app I'm using a GoogleCamera port (MGC V 8.1.x by BSG). No problems whatsoever with my camera.

To me this sounds like some kind of faulty firmware business. But please be aware that my knowledge in regards to technical details of our devices is less than basic, so the following thoughts may be wrong:

In a case like that I would at least backup current /data and internal memory, then wipe everything and reflash latest OOS stock ROM to *both* slots. Boot into system, do a biasc setup and test the camera as much as and as long as possible. If it feels stable then continue flashing LOS as described in the OP (incl. factory reset, formatting /data, etc). After that back into system, then test camera again as long as necessary.
Again, if it feels stable then finally you can try to restore /data and internal memory, then test camera again.

That way you can pin down the problem to either something you installed (if error returns only after restoring /data) or something deeper in your system (if error returns even with a fresh LOS install or even with a fresh OOS stock setup).

Good luck

ravidevani

Feb 5, 2016
Pune
I'm currently running build 20221115, so no experience with this week's version. As camera app I'm using a GoogleCamera port (MGC V 8.1.x by BSG). No problems whatsoever with my camera.

To me this sounds like some kind of faulty firmware business. But please be aware that my knowledge in regards to technical details of our devices is less than basic, so the following thoughts may be wrong:

In a case like that I would at least backup current /data and internal memory, then wipe everything and reflash latest OOS stock ROM to *both* slots. Boot into system, do a biasc setup and test the camera as much as and as long as possible. If it feels stable then continue flashing LOS as described in the OP (incl. factory reset, formatting /data, etc). After that back into system, then test camera again as long as necessary.
Again, if it feels stable then finally you can try to restore /data and internal memory, then test camera again.

That way you can pin down the problem to either something you installed (if error returns only after restoring /data) or something deeper in your system (if error returns even with a fresh LOS install or even with a fresh OOS stock setup).

Good luck
I flashed OOS with MSM tool. But no luck. In engineering mode, secondary back camera is working and right now I am using GCAM to activate the second module and blacklisted the primary camera. Though it only works with GCAM. All other apps default to primary camera giving a black screen.

May be a hardware problem. Because I tried OOS with MSM tool. Then, I also tried EvoX ROM. But the primary camera didn't work.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion guys. I appreciate the support.

Have a good day.

-Ravi

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014
I'm having this weird issue since 2 days ago on my enchilada with LOS 19. I've never had this issue until I was in an area with no signal for a couple of days, then after getting back home, the phone receives the LTE signal, but it also has the "!" inside the signal bars icon:

View attachment 5768189

It is very weird, since then only a few apps can use my mobile data, for example I can't use Chrome at all while this is happening:

View attachment 5768191

It is not a SIM card issue, I have used my SIM in other devices and it works. Also people using the same carrier as me have LTE signal and can use their mobile data while next to me. I have tried updating to the latest nightly and also tried messing around with the APN settings, nothing worked so far.
Any ways of fixing this? Thanks!
IIRC the ! indicates some Google services not being able to connect.
Did you maybe install a firewall?
Did you check whether you configured your mobile data correctly? Usually you can request the configuration from your provider either via their customer portal or by some *...# code, and the'll send it by silent SMS (i.e. you won't see it, but the device will read and apply the settings from it).

Last edited:

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014
Hi, I've installed it on 2 Oneplus 6 and both seem not to be able to connect to a USB-C port on my PC. The weird thing is that the same port and cable works without a problem in stock rom and in bootloader.
With normal USB A to USB C cable and a different port connecting to the same PC works fine.
Any suggestions? thanks
Check for a small dot in the upper left corner when plugin in the cable -- there you should be able to select whether the phone just charges, acts as PTP or mass storage device.
Defaults to Charging, but can be changed in Settings -> Developer Options, IIRC

ccic2491

Jun 3, 2012
Charlotte
Has anyone figured out how to get this phone to work on AT&T? I can get/make calls and texts but the data doesn't work. I know AT&T sucks and they blacklisted this phone but I figured that someone would've found a workaround by now, no?

hollywoot

Jul 15, 2017
hi everybody.
i'm happy to be back on LOS on my OP6. But something is wrong ... and i dont know what:
LOS shows my battery always on 100%. after some hours of usage the phone goes off "battery is too low!". Now, when i connect the usb loader, it shows immediately 100%.
flashed the latest nightly with MindtheGapps + Magisk25.2
flashed allready a second time after wiping - same error.

Edit: returned to stock with msm tool.
also in OOS the battery is stucked at 100%

ideas? :-(

Last edited:

angelsenvy

Oct 5, 2018
Has anyone figured out how to get this phone to work on AT&T? I can get/make calls and texts but the data doesn't work. I know AT&T sucks and they blacklisted this phone but I figured that someone would've found a workaround by now, no?
I have used my OP6 on AT&T off and on over the years and never had any problem, I never heard anything about AT&T blacklisting this phone until I saw your post but I see people were posting about it. My OP6 is on AT&T towers through Pure Talk right now and the sms, mms and data, VoLTE work fine. I have always used Straight Talk or Pure Talk, etc.. never gone directly through AT&T but only their towers through secondary carriers like these. Pretty strange AT&T won't support it but it works just fine on their towers through a MVNO :p

As insignia96 said on reddit: "The way they are scamming unsuspecting consumers into buying new phones with these patently false claims about them "not supporting HD Voice" should be a crime. It's 100% false and they know it."

Last edited:
Reactions: ccic2491

ccic2491

Jun 3, 2012
Charlotte
I have used my OP6 on AT&T off and on over the years and never had any problem, I never heard anything about AT&T blacklisting this phone until I saw your post but I see people were posting about it. My OP6 is on AT&T towers through Pure Talk right now and the sms, mms and data, VoLTE work fine. I have always used Straight Talk or Pure Talk, etc.. never gone directly through AT&T but only their towers through secondary carriers like these. Pretty strange AT&T won't support it but it works just fine on their towers through a MVNO :p

As insignia96 said on reddit: "The way they are scamming unsuspecting consumers into buying new phones with these patently false claims about them "not supporting HD Voice" should be a crime. It's 100% false and they know it."
So, all I did was chat with someone at AT&T, told them I needed my data turned on and the did something on their end...... It works fine now 🤷

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
OnePlus 6
hi everybody.
i'm happy to be back on LOS on my OP6. But something is wrong ... and i dont know what:
LOS shows my battery always on 100%. after some hours of usage the phone goes off "battery is too low!". Now, when i connect the usb loader, it shows immediately 100%.
flashed the latest nightly with MindtheGapps + Magisk25.2
flashed allready a second time after wiping - same error.

Edit: returned to stock with msm tool.
also in OOS the battery is stucked at 100%

ideas? :-(
Sounds like your battery is dead.

alk753

Jan 7, 2015
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could confirm whether VoLTE and VoWiFi are supported on both SIMs on this ROM.

Thanks in advance.

-A.

devilsworkshop

Jun 27, 2015
OnePlus 6
Hi @LuK1337

I have two minor issues with this ROM, is there any chance you'd be able to look into it?
1. Camera2 API doesn't expose 60fps video recording - so no camera app is able to record 60fps video (including OpenCamera and GCam mods)
2. Default vibration is a bit intense - using navigation buttons or typing on the keyboard (using gboard set to 1ms vibration strength) and it's so loud I'm worried I'll wake my wife up at night 🤪

Otherwise, it's been spectacular. Perfectly stable and very smooth.
I bought an OP6 specifically to use with this ROM and I haven't been disappointed at all. Thank you very much!!

Reactions: sid4306

lm089

Hi everyone, for several reasons over the weekend I had to do a complete new clean setup. I'm more or less done now with getting back to a working state. But one feature doesn't want to work any longer: when trying to do oauth logins from various apps I receive a "net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME" message within the webview window. One of those applications is the dbnavigator (German railway). Same applies to other apps. Complete uninstall > re-install loop doesn't help. Looks as if those apps fail to register their own URL Schemes.

Any ideas what I could try?

Update:
I just attempted to copy&paste the authenticating URL (dbnavigator://...) into my firefox browser, and that way managed to login to the app. So it looks as if there is a problem with the webviewer app...

Somewhat solved it by making Firefox my default browser. Now those apps apparently are using FF to authenticate and that works...

Last edited:

z3l

Jun 30, 2016
Hi there!
I've almost flawlessly updated my stock OOS to newset lineage. I had problems with fastboot, but all I had to do was to point Android device driver to the installed one plus usb drivers, as windows couldn't recognize the phone in fastboot mode.

For now I'm quiet pleased with the performance, however, I'm missing two things badly from stock OOS
1) Is there a fast switch to change mobile data plan from sim1 to sim2, as was in OOS?
2) Can you define 'default' sim card to make a phone call for specific number?

As for 1, I can manage and live without it, I only switch when my 1st plan is drained, which rarely happens and you can change to sim2 deep in options.
As for 2... well, that's sadly a no-go for me, as I'm using my phone both for personal nad business use. If I can't specify the default sim card for specific contact, I also cannot use my car system for phone calls, as it will hang on phone 'which sim do you want to use'. :(

devilsworkshop

Jun 27, 2015
OnePlus 6
1) Is there a fast switch to change mobile data plan from sim1 to sim2, as was in OOS?
2) Can you define 'default' sim card to make a phone call for specific number?

1) This does not exist inside of LOS as far as I am aware, and I have never heard of any third party apps that can add this feature to quick settings. I don't even think it's possible to implement in third party apps.

2) I think there's only one way to do it - call the contact, and tick "remember this choice" in the SIM chooser popup. It will remember the SIM you chose for that contact. What happens if you chose the wrong SIM and now you want to change it? No idea 😅

EDIT: Use Google's Phone app. It has "set calling SIM" and "clear calling SIM" options when you long-press any number. You can set it as your default dialer and it works as a drop in replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: z3l

z3l

Jun 30, 2016
2) I think there's only one way to do it - call the contact, and tick "remember this choice" in the SIM chooser popup. It will remember the SIM you chose for that contact. What happens if you chose the wrong SIM and now you want to change it? No idea 😅

EDIT: Use Google's Phone app. It has "set calling SIM" and "clear calling SIM" options when you long-press any number. You can set it as your default dialer and it works as a drop in replacement.
This worked like you wrote on OOS. I've clicked phone number to call it from my contacts, and phone asked me which SIM card I want to use and if I want to remember my choice. That was perfect. Also, you could revoke it, I did, but now I don't remember how ;)

On LOS When I choose phone number to call, there's no box to tick "set as default". I'm always prompted to choose first or second sim card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I know this will be slightly off-topic, so sorry in advance; and also, since the development as of know 'only' is done in the common Gerrit for all devices that share our SoC, it might not yet be guaranteed that we'll receive LOS20 in the end; BUT

In the common Gerrit of all the OnePlus devices that feature the Snapdragon 845, development on LOS20 has begun! Let the hype train start once more! And, in any case, endless gratitude for the brave developers that work on LOS in their valuable freetime...

Edit 18.09.: Now there's movement also in the Gerrit for our specific device!
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
    Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.

I guess that makes it official. Soon we should be promoted to LineageOS 20 🎉
    Thanks to Luk1337 & Edwin Moquete for their efforts, to support our devices.

PS. from User to User: If you have the opportunity, feel free to tip them something. I guess it's the best recognition we have, to support their great work.