[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm on the latest build and camera works fine for me. Can you get logs that have something that maybe Luk can look? Without being able to reproduce it, I don't think there is anything that people can help here. Do logcat from computer and make things crash by opening the apps.
Here's a log. I opened gcam multiple times and the stock camera app once at the end. From what I see, there seems to be a permissions error and/or a problem with vrcore (wtf). Does anyone have a better understanding of this?

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that was not it. The switch was enabled. I also tried disabling and enabling again, but to no avail. The camera apps still shouldn't crash though if this would have been the case but instead display an error.
I assume you already tried to delete Cache and data from the apps?
I'm still at last week's build (20220510), no problems so far (using stock and GCam apps)

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Yep, tried that. From the logs, it seems the system can't find the physical cameras though. I have no idea why
Really don't have the slightest clue, esp. since I remember you recently wrote something about camera useage (or was that someone else? ;)). Just another idea: could you try to uninstall the extra camera app(s) leaving just the stock one, then reboot? Maybe even dirty flash LOS? Idea is that maybe one of the other apps is interfering...

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Really don't have the slightest clue, esp. since I remember you recently wrote something about camera useage (or was that someone else? ;)). Just another idea: could you try to uninstall the extra camera app(s) leaving just the stock one, then reboot? Maybe even dirty flash LOS? Idea is that maybe one of the other apps is interfering...
Tried that, same behavior 😕

Mike69pt

Dec 11, 2009
hey guys, I just installed lineage os coming from stock rom and now any google services says im offline.
any ideas?

esbeeb

Jan 25, 2022
Huawei Nexus 6P
I just did an upgrade from latest Lineage 18.1 -> to latest 19.1, following the stock instructions. After downloading the enchilada .zip file, and the MindTheGapps 12.1.0 .zip for arm64, I verified the checksums, and they were perfect.

When I actually did the install, I got a warning message that was a bit troubling, which was that the checksum failed for the MindTheGapps file (as stated by the phone, in its Recovery mode) when I went to sideload it at the appropriate time, as per the upgrade instructions. I went ahead and installed it anyway, knowing the checksum was OK as verified earlier after download. The adb command itself reported no checksum error over on the laptop, from where the "adb sideload" command was launched.

Despite this warning, I went ahead anyway, and everything seems to have successfully installed (again, no complaint was seen from "adb sideload" on the laptop), and my enchilada seems successfully upgraded to Lineage 19.1.

Note: My security string (which is the important thing to me, which I'm most interested in when it comes to all such updates/upgrades) got bumped to "May 5, 2022", as seen in the phone's Settings -> About Phone -> Android Version -> Android security update

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
hey guys, I just installed lineage os coming from stock rom and now any google services says im offline.
any ideas?
What gapps you used? Did you boot to OS before installing Gapps? I'm guessing you came from latest stock rom so that you have all the expected firmware?

I just did an upgrade from latest Lineage 18.1 -> to latest 19.1, following the stock instructions. After downloading the enchilada .zip file, and the MindTheGapps 12.1.0 .zip for arm64, I verified the checksums, and they were perfect.

When I actually did the install, I got a warning message that was a bit troubling, which was that the checksum failed for the MindTheGapps file (as stated by the phone, in its Recovery mode) when I went to sideload it at the appropriate time, as per the upgrade instructions. I went ahead and installed it anyway, knowing the checksum was OK as verified earlier after download. The adb command itself reported no checksum error over on the laptop, from where the "adb sideload" command was launched.

Despite this warning, I went ahead anyway, and everything seems to have successfully installed (again, no complaint was seen from "adb sideload" on the laptop), and my enchilada seems successfully upgraded to Lineage 19.1.

Note: My security string (which is the important thing to me, which I'm most interested in when it comes to all such updates/upgrades) got bumped to "May 5, 2022", as seen in the phone's Settings -> About Phone -> Android Version -> Android security update
I think you are mistaking signature verification with checksum verification. MTG packages are most likely not signed by LOS team (or maybe they are? I don't remember exactly). If you downloaded them from the official links and verified the checksum, you don't need to worry about things here.

ddffnn

Jun 17, 2013
I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

Screenshot_20220521-102046_ANT Tester.png

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I'm on the May 17th enchilada nightly, and came directly from 18.1. I'd like to use ANT+, but no worky :confused:. Is this a known issue? Are there plans to fix it?

ANT+ also didn't work when I went from 17.1 to 18.1, but I fixed it by upgrading the firmware. I tried that again on 19, but it didn't fix it this time.

Here is what the ANT Tester app shows on LOS 19:

View attachment 5619435

Mike69pt

Dec 11, 2009
What gapps you used? Did you boot to OS before installing Gapps? I'm guessing you came from latest stock rom so that you have all the expected firmware?
yes i was on the latest stock and figured it out that it was all a permissions issue. now its solved.

on another note, how can i install magisk? my banking app does not work! :(
I've installed everything using lineage recovery sideload. and does it format everything now?

Last edited:

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
yes i was on the latest stock and figured it out that it was all a permissions issue. now its solved.

on another note, how can i install magisk? my banking app does not work! :(
I've installed everything using lineage recovery sideload. and does it format everything now?
Installing Magisk won't wipe anything. The official instructions are here:

Mike69pt

Dec 11, 2009
apologies for so many questions...

I have installed magisk and enabled zygisk and module universal safetynet but still my banking app does not work
tested with a tool to check safetynet status and it passes

gamertag128

Nov 15, 2021
First lockscreen after restarting my phone (lastest build 20220517) is kinda buggy. Can't screenshot it, because screenshots aren't allowed then. Can somebody confirm the issue, or is it just something on my device?

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1
First lockscreen after restarting my phone (lastest build 20220517) is kinda buggy. Can't screenshot it, because screenshots aren't allowed then. Can somebody confirm the issue, or is it just something on my device?
+1
Can you confirm if you're able to export the update from software updater ,for me it just force closes the app.

Reactions: gamertag128

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I still have that camera problem where every camera app is instantly crashing. I tried mindthegapps now, which didn't help. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me, if there is any file or folder I could delete or anything I could flash (like full OOS) that could solve this, short of having to wipe everything. So basically, is there any part of the system that manages cameras that does not get overwritten by LOS? Because I did reflash LOS already.
Edit: OK, reflshed oos in both slots to no avail. Now not even the flashlight works anymore, which it did previously. Guess I'll have to wipe then 😕

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I know this will be slightly off-topic, so sorry in advance; and also, since the development as of know 'only' is done in the common Gerrit for all devices that share our SoC, it might not yet be guaranteed that we'll receive LOS20 in the end; BUT

In the common Gerrit of all the OnePlus devices that feature the Snapdragon 845, development on LOS20 has begun! Let the hype train start once more! And, in any case, endless gratitude for the brave developers that work on LOS in their valuable freetime...

Edit 18.09.: Now there's movement also in the Gerrit for our specific device!
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
    Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.

I guess that makes it official. Soon we should be promoted to LineageOS 20 🎉
    Thanks to Luk1337 & Edwin Moquete for their efforts, to support our devices.

PS. from User to User: If you have the opportunity, feel free to tip them something. I guess it's the best recognition we have, to support their great work.