[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
It used to be that changing gapps meant wiping system
that's what I had in mind too. But then, how do I wipe system in the first place? TWRP 3.6.1 and 3.6.2 only offer to wipe Cache, Data, Internal Memory, USB, or Vendor. But no "wipe system". In addition to that I can "format data" which I think is like a factory reset (which I never was able to run, always resulted in runtime errors, but that's a different story)
From my older devices (Sony Xperia) I know that TWRP has this "wipe system" option.

On the other hand I don't remember ever having seen a "wipe system" option in LOS recovery when I was running it during first installation. So question is: how would I wipe system in the first place? Is that possibly a fastboot or adb job?

Chris Kerry

Nov 23, 2010
Greetings All.
I just wiped Cache and Data (leaving the Internal Memory and Vendor as was). Then, went through the usual:

1. LOS recovery >> latest LOS 19.1 ROM; reboot into LOS rec. >> latest MGapps; reboot into LOS rec. [again to ensure that both A/B were fully LOS installed and Gapped because I always have issues with the TWRP stage 1st System reboot] >> latest LOS 19.1 ROM; reboot into LOS rec. >> latest MGapps
2. Reboot into Bootloader >> TWRP.img
3. Reboot into TWRP.img >> flashed TWRP.zip from adb (to be sure A/B fully TWRP-applied) >> Reboot into System [I always need to force an active partition switch if not reboot attempts never boot system but return to TWRP]
4. Usual initial setup of phone and main Google account
5. No force closes so far. Internal memory is populated as before (since it wasn't wiped)
6. Reboot to TWRP >> make boot backup into USB-attached storage (since TWRP refused to write into LOS19.1 Int.Memory]
7. Reboot to System >> Install Magisk 25.1 APK (previously in the internal memory) >> Use Magisk to patch the boot image (renamed to boot.img) >> copied the patched IMG to PC
8. Rebooted to Bootloader >> fastboot the patched IMG >> reboot to System
9. Install swift backup APK >> restore apps, messages and call logs

Everything worked well, this time, also the text-to-speech options (whether Google or Ivona's).
Am I going to have to be going through all these steps to apply future LOS 19.1 updates? That would be quite inhibiting if so. Well, let's see how the future ROM idiosyncrasies pan out.

Last edited:
Reactions: lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Am I going to have to be going through all these steps to apply future LOS 19.1 updates?
Shouldn't be necessary, just use the built-in updater.
What I do after applying an update and before reboot:
1. run Magisk module "Twrp_a_b_retention script" if you want to stick to using twrp
2. from magisk manager app install magisk to unused slot

Some say Magisk is sticky now between updates, but that extra steps is easy enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceoid
that's the point: there's no system partition to select in (my) TWRP 3.6.2-11 for OP6 under Advanced Wipe, just the options I mentioned above o_O (if there was a screenshot feature in TWRP I'd post it)
I don´t have it on me, but I don´t remember this phone being dual slotted with a slot_a / slot_b replacing system.
Could you have requested that system be read-only when you first set up TWRP ?

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6

Chris Kerry

Nov 23, 2010
Shouldn't be necessary, just use the built-in updater.
What I do after applying an update and before reboot:
1. run Magisk module "Twrp_a_b_retention script" if you want to stick to using twrp
2. from magisk manager app install magisk to unused slot

Some say Magisk is sticky now between updates, but that extra steps is easy enough
👍 Many thanks!
I have seen this in the past (for other android 10 and 11 ROMs) but did not know that it would work for this LOS19.1 (Android 12.1) which needs such a finicky installation procedure.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Just a question out of pure curiosity - no complaint: why is it that LOS 19 is taking so long (at least 1 hour on my device) for an OTA update? I downloaded the package at 9:30 this morning then started the update right away. At 11:30 the updater finished. Even if I keep my phone awake all the time I have to be prepared for an hour or so (the updater apparently is taking a break as soon as the phone is in standby mode). Could that have to do with the way I setup the phone, or with apps I installed? None of the other updaters (LOS on different phones, or OOS on this one here) ever took longer than 10 or 15 minutes.

Last edited:

jiyermin

Aug 10, 2016
is there any guide to roll back to OXYGENOS? have LOS19 atm, but noticed there are some features in oOS i really miss..

olifee

Sep 12, 2011
OnePlus 6
Just a question out of pure curiosity - no complaint: why is it that LOS 19 is taking so long (at least 1 hour on my device) for an OTA update? [...] Could that have to do with the way I setup the phone, or with apps I installed?
I also wondered about that and had a look via `logcat`. What happens is that after the actual update installation, `dex2oat` is triggered for the most commonly used apps (seems to be about 50 % of the apps). I'm not sure whether this is a new feature with Android 12, but this usually takes up to one hour for me, too, since I have many apps installed.

In short, this means the most commonly used apps are optimized for the phone before the reboot to the new system. The same process usually happens when the phone is idle (and connected to the charger) for over two hours, e.g. when charging overnight.

I think this happening right during OTAs is something new, though, but it likely improves the "post-OTA-experience" a bit since apps will start faster before the first "overnight charge", i.e. "things will settle" faster ;-).

The time for updates to run through can be improved (at cost of more battery usage) by going into the updater, pressing the three dots in the top right corner, and then in settings selectiong to give priority to the update process. This shortens down the process by 20-30 % for me.

Reactions: lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
The time for updates to run through can be improved (at cost of more battery usage) by going into the updater, pressing the three dots in the top right corner, and then in settings selectiong to give priority to the update process. This shortens down the process by 20-30 % for me.
Thanks, I sure will try that next time (if I remember... ;))

Reactions: olifee

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
A second comment on the recently new behaviour of the stock gallery app. It's a minor 'issue' though.
I like to change my background images frequently. Up till two weeks ago, I could do so by just opening an image in the stock gallery app, entering the top right menu and selecting "Set as..." and "Nova background image" (I use Nova launcher).
For two weeks now the menu option has completely vanished. I have to enter the LOS settings, go down to the Design, Wallpaper menu, click "Change wallpaper", and then I have to search for the image file in the file browser. If I select the system gallery for image selection instead, my background image is shifted to the complete right, no matter which part of the image I select as a wallpaper.

I assume this is due to a new gallery app version? I wonder though why the gallery devs (I assume the AOSP devs) would remove the option to set a wallpaper. Anybody here experiencing similar behaviour or knowing a better workaround? 🤔

jfreak27

Apr 2, 2013
Nagpur
Installed LOS 19.1 from OOS11 couple of days back. ROM feels great. Very smooth. No ANR, no random restarts, no freeezes.

Going to install Magisk now.
Can I just sideload magisk.zip via recovery?
Magisk GitHub says it's not recommended anymore?

Nihal @A-JAX

Oct 18, 2013
Bangalore
Apart from buggy VoLTE which only works once in a while, there are no major issues in this official ROM.

Anyone relying only on VoLTE for calls and SMS, stay away from this ROM for now! Else need to keep rebooting the phone to get VoLTE working. Airplane mode and fix connectivity option under internet settings doesn't help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just did a dirty flash from LOS 18.1 and everything works fine.

I had to reinstall some Google apps (YouTube, Gmail, Keep, GCam, Photos), as they stopped working after the upgrade (maybe because I accidentally clicked No on the Signature verification failed screen while flashing Gapps and didn't notice, then the OS didn't boot. whoops. So I went back into the recovery and flashed Gapps again. Sure enough, the install went through. So be careful and make sure to click the correct button, lol)

Everything else seems to work perfectly!

Thanks again LuK for your work!

In case anyone with Gapps and Magisk wants to try a dirty flash from 18.1, here are the steps I did:
    (you're on your own if things break! better to do a clean flash! magisk isn't officially supported!)

1. Restored images in Magisk
    2. Removed PIN and fingerprints
    (Not sure if these first two steps are needed, but did them just in case)
    3. adb reboot sideload
    4. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220426-nightly-enchilada-signed.zip
    5. Advanced->Reboot to Recovery
    6. Apply Update->Apply from ADB
    7. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
    8. adb sideload Magisk-v24.3.apk
    9. Back->Reboot system now
    I know this will be slightly off-topic, so sorry in advance; and also, since the development as of know 'only' is done in the common Gerrit for all devices that share our SoC, it might not yet be guaranteed that we'll receive LOS20 in the end; BUT

In the common Gerrit of all the OnePlus devices that feature the Snapdragon 845, development on LOS20 has begun! Let the hype train start once more! And, in any case, endless gratitude for the brave developers that work on LOS in their valuable freetime...

Edit 18.09.: Now there's movement also in the Gerrit for our specific device!
    I'm using a single SIM and I see the same thing often. I guess it depends on the amount of icons you have in the status bar. I observed this since the first build
    Change the smallest width to 411 in developer options.
    Before OOS 11 it was set to 411 by default but that changed with OOS11.

I guess that makes it official. Soon we should be promoted to LineageOS 20 🎉
    Thanks to Luk1337 & Edwin Moquete for their efforts, to support our devices.

PS. from User to User: If you have the opportunity, feel free to tip them something. I guess it's the best recognition we have, to support their great work.