[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][13] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

lord high executioner

Jan 8, 2014
The update through the Updater app took WAY too long (was at around 30 percent after almost five hours, so I stopped it and decided to sideload the zip file instead.

Still living in 2015, I merely flashed the zip and then gapps. Boot loop. Turns out I needed to reboot once again to recovery to allow it to switch to the other slot where the update was flashed. Did the procedure again, this time with a reboot in between and it booted fine - or so I thought.

Crashes with Google messages, Gmail and other Google apps. So I had to uninstall and reinstall what I could, including Google Contacts and Phone. Eventually I got rid of all the crashes, but now my contacts refuse to sync, even when enabling sync for contacts.

I've done a workaround by exporting all contacts from Google on the web as a large vcf and imported them as device contacts, but I'd like to get this working properly again.

Is there a safe way to remove the gapps components including user data and then reinstalling the gapps package or am I screwed and need to backup/reinstall everything?
Just follow the wiki
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install#installing-lineageos-from-recovery
and do a fresh install BUT SKIP THE factory reset, of course (Steps 3 and 4).
That's what I did when the OTA update failed me, and it worked w/o any data loss.

TemperateRoot

Mar 7, 2018
Considering this as a replacement for the dated OOS11 my OP6 is running now - it's rooted and I've been fighting with Google Wallet working now that I'm temporarily back on my OP6.

Does anyone have experience with this specific case? Can I just flash this build and then not root so that I won't run into Wallet/banking app issues? Could I even flash and then lock the bootloader again?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Last edited:

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just follow the wiki
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/enchilada/install#installing-lineageos-from-recovery
and do a fresh install BUT SKIP THE factory reset, of course (Steps 3 and 4).
That's what I did when the OTA update failed me, and it worked w/o any data loss.
Actually, this is what I already did - this is what got me out of the boot loop, but syncing contacts is still not working. Guess I'll have to backup everything and make a fresh install instead.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Actually, this is what I already did - this is what got me out of the boot loop, but syncing contacts is still not working. Guess I'll have to backup everything and make a fresh install instead.
Yeah, that's my experience as well. Google apps started working again, but the syncing was broken with no way to get it back to function.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Updated from 20230606 to 20230613 and had issues with Google apps not wanting to run, some prompt about updating Google services, and Play Store kept closing on startup. Reflashing Gapps didn't help. I ended up factory resetting and Gapps seem fine on a fresh 20230613 install.

I like the return of the network traffic monitor!

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Updated from 20230606 to 20230613 and had issues with Google apps not wanting to run, some prompt about updating Google services, and Play Store kept closing on startup. Reflashing Gapps didn't help. I ended up factory resetting and Gapps seem fine on a fresh 20230613 install.

I like the return of the network traffic monitor!
Won't help or anything, but for me, the update went smoothly, no issues so far.

Reactions: lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
A very big THANK YOU to all the devs involved! (y)(y)(y)

Screenshot_20230614-082240_LineageOS-Einstellungen.png

poruid

Nov 20, 2010
Builds of 6 June and 13 June 2023 have app audio continuously interrupted; 3 seconds audio, 1 second silence. Very annoying, a regression ?
Falling back to build of 23 May 2023 (*) restored the audio functionality. Status of the build of 30 May 2023 has not been checked)

First noticed this when running an Internet radio app concurrently with Google Maps and the audio of the radio app would function correctly again after closing Maps (with Android Auto the Maps app is always active). Did not notice this during normal calling.

(*) fallback with adb sideloads of build and MindTheGapps in Recovery; also most of the Google apps needed reinstall or update afterwards.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Anybody here having problems with his health insurance app?
I use Zygisk, Deny List, renamed my Magisk package, and I always freeze my Magiks app before using my health insurance or banking app. I also use the Universal SafetyNet Fix.

Worked well for both apps till last week. Since then, I cannot use my health insurance app (DAK, Germany) anymore. I always get a prompt that rooted devices AND custom ROMs are not allowed.
I assume the app started detecting my ROM, not my root.
Anybody having similar experiences and maybe some help? :)

beneda

May 7, 2022
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 6
I use Zygisk, Deny List, renamed my Magisk package, and I always freeze my Magiks app before using my health insurance or banking app. I also use the Universal SafetyNet Fix.

Worked well for both apps till last week. Since then, I cannot use my health insurance app (DAK, Germany) anymore. I always get a prompt that rooted devices AND custom ROMs are not allowed.
Hello,

Same problem, i've rooted mine, install Magisk and all SafetyNet Fix etc, Bank app works well but i've CTS profile match in FAIL so because of that can't use Wallet App ( Google pay ).. don't know how i can bypass this error, i've tried many things without succes. I'am currently searching a rom on android 13 with CTS profil match in succes natively without root like AwakenOs. If you know a rom that have Cts on succes let me know

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Hello,

Same problem, i've rooted mine, install Magisk and all SafetyNet Fix etc, Bank app works well but i've CTS profile match in FAIL so because of that can't use Wallet App ( Google pay ).. don't know how i can bypass this error, i've tried many things without succes. I'am currently searching a rom on android 13 with CTS profil match in succes natively without root like AwakenOs. If you know a rom that have Cts on succes let me know
I even got CTS profile match. Still, the DAK (health insurance) app won't work.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6

Had or have a similar issue esp. with the health insurance app (TK, Germany, in my case). To be exact: could get to work but only to a certain extent. Esp the app would not let me connect my insurance card via NFC. On the other hand, most banking apps aren't a problem. Another app I never managed to run on my OP is the German Sparkasse PushTan app.
What's really strange about this, though, is the fact that I managed to install and run both the TK app, incl. NFC connection as well as the Sparkasse app on my old Sony Xperia Z1c running an unofficial version of LOS 18.1. That phone is NOT rooted at all. Maybe the phone is just too old/too exotic for the app devs to bother and find ways to detect a tampered device...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    GPL compliance :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    I do not have a device supporting aptX, AAC or LDAC (only SBC), but I read a lot of "offload" and "aac". Maybe this is similar to this patch?
    Just pitching in information. Maybe it helps.

For me personally everything is flawless. Great work!
    We already set this prop.

Also, I posted a related comment here: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/5381
    Has anybody purchased a reliable replacement battery for this? I see options on Ebay and Amazon but they mostly look like they don't perform well.

Funny story, I actually replaced my battery back in February! First, I tried going through OnePlus, which was a BIG MISTAKE
    • It took a month between creating a service request to actually getting my phone back. (I am in the US).
    • They ended up refusing to only replace the battery ($10 battery + $30 labor). They wanted me to also replace the mainboard for like $230 (wtf, there is nothing wrong with the mainboard). They've basically told me "Either you do what we suggest, or we just send you the phone back".
    • They ripped my fingerprint sensor cable going from the back cover to the mainboard. I had to order that from a somewhat sketchy Witrigs website and wait 2 weeks for it to ship from China. (It did show up and works great!)
    I ended up just ordering a battery from iFixit (with an adhesive strip and some opening picks). Battery is great! Accubattery showed it was 3300 mah, as expected, after a couple of days of testing. Phone feels brand new. Going two days without charging is an option again.

I would definitely encourage going the DIY route. You'll need your wife's hair dryer and some patience :D I found that trying to remove the old adhesive with alcohol is a bad time. It turns into slimy goo which is even more difficult to get off. I suggest a lot of scraping with a plastic pick.
    Thank you @LuK1337 for keeping this device alive! Updated from 19.1, everything went smoothly and working good.

Love the new Aperture camera app, results are really nice - pics are nice and sharp, shutter is quick and snappy, UI is nice and the features are good. One thing I noticed though - pictures are 8 megapixels instead of 16 (I set the capture mode to maximize quality, but it's still 8MP). Also, on the video front, FPS is capped at 30 - can't change it in any of the resolution modes. Otherwise, very nice app, will be interesting to see where it goes next and how it grows :)
    Hey, kernel 4.9.x has gone EOL - https://kernel.org/

Can anyone check which kernel is preinstalled and how lineageos handles EOL kernel? Is it going to be 4.9.x forever or is it updated?
    The sad reality for Android phones is that they use downstream kernels - google takes the linux kernel and changes it to run android, then the chip maker changes that to run on the SoC, then the phone maker changes that to work with all the stuff in the phone. And then you arrive at something that is pretty far away from what that angry Finnish guy has released as "Linux". Add to that some binary drivers and proprietary interfaces, and you get the mess that is android.

There are actually projects to run the official Linux kernel (called mainline or upstream) on our device, for example the postmarketOS guys here have got all the core stuff working with mainline: https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/OnePlus_6_(oneplus-enchilada)

However, that takes a lot of reverse engineering, and big parts one takes for granted in android just don't work, because nobody knows how or has been able to spent the weeks of unpaid work to learn. For example, last time I checked, the mainline kernel on the O+6 has somewhat broken cpufreq stuff, and a working camera is still far away.