[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

DonSqualo

Jul 19, 2019
I need to ask again something 'bout LOS16.

If iuse the LOS16 updater ... what happens if I press install then? Does it earse TWRP and install LOS own recovery tool?

When I do not press install and do a manual reboot to TWRP recovery. It complains then that file system secure and does not mount it, though password (PIN) is correct.

How to proceed to update now to downloaded LOS image?

I can go ahead using TWRP ignoring "read only" and I find under data/data/.. the downloaded LOS image (filename isn't encrypted).
Is it safe now to install this downloaded image via TWRP ? What happens with secured data then?

Or it it better to do LoS updater install and maybe afterwards flash TWRP again from fastboot?

Thx in adavance , appreciating any help.

Last edited:

cmart4

Nov 21, 2007
Prosper, TX
I need to ask again something 'bout LOS16.

If iuse the LOS16 updater ... what happens if I press install then? Does it earse TWRP and install LOS own recovery tool?

When I do not press install and do a manual reboot to TWRP recovery. It complains then that file system secure and does not mount it, though password (PIN) is correct.

How to proceed to update now to downloaded LOS image?

I can go ahead using TWRP ignoring "read only" and I find under data/data/.. the downloaded LOS image (filename isn't encrypted).
Is it safe now to install this downloaded image via TWRP ? What happens with secured data then?

Or it it better to do LoS updater install and maybe afterwards flash TWRP again from fastboot?

Thx in adavance , appreciating any help.
I just dl the updates and do the normal flashing steps using TWRP. Takes all of 3-5 minutes total

DonSqualo

Jul 19, 2019
It is like I wrote.
The LOS Updater Installation does earase TWRP
(Also TWRP blue spark v9.85/86 cannot de-crypt partition.)

So after downloading and installing LOS16 Update, I had to flash again TWRP (but now successfully to the latest version 3.3.2-1).
This TWRP Version does now de-crypt the partition.

I assume , that future OTA updates should only be downloaded by LOS-Updater. Afterwards manually booting into TWRP Recovery
and installing update from here: /data/data/lineageos.platform

(correct me, if I'm wrong)

Thx.

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
Can anyone who went from a recent version of OxygenOS to LineageOS please share what the date is for their "Vendor security patch level" under "Settings -> About phone -> Press 'Android Version'"? (Note: This is different than the Android security patch level date).

Thanks in advance!

wolvenstorm

Nov 16, 2017
Can anyone who went from a recent version of OxygenOS to LineageOS please share what the date is for their "Vendor security patch level" under "Settings -> About phone -> Press 'Android Version'"? (Note: This is different than the Android security patch level date).

Thanks in advance!
September 5,2018
From an about 1 month old version of Oxygen os

If only there was a way to import the navigation gestures from OOS, not that crappy XDA one either.. LOLOL..

This is literally the only thing stopping me from using LineageOS as my daily driver, I've gotten so used to using the OnePlus gestures and can't even imagine going back to anything else.

I wish someone with time and skills would work on porting that to AOSP ROMs :D

Reactions: softsaurus

SAMSUNG_MANIX_64

Sep 1, 2013
This is literally the only thing stopping me from using LineageOS as my daily driver, I've gotten so used to using the OnePlus gestures and can't even imagine going back to anything else.

I used to think this but now I've readjusted to using the nav bar again and even prefer it.

wolvenstorm

Nov 16, 2017

i can even use an ipad while using an android phone,no problem,just get used to it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-09-08
    Last Updated 2019-06-15
    NOTE: Before flashing these builds you have to flash latest Oxygen OS or Hydrogen OS in TWRP twice ( so that both A and B slots are flashed ); Oreo firmware is not supported and will not work on these builds.
    Voila enchilada is official, commits merged.
    Expect a build by tomorrow
    >Last build ~6h ago
    >Have you abandoned the project?
    Yeah obviously, can't you tell we did so?
    I think OTA updates are a challenge for a/b devices like this one. Looking at the procedure how they are flashed manually, I am looking forward to see a way how OTAs achieve the same!

OTA will be as simple as flashing from the built-in Updater
    Gapps ( or any other package that provides support for addon.d ) will be backed up automatically.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone