[ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Sorry for being annoying, this is just out of interest. So what does that vendor image do exactly? What is it needed for? And how does that "Vendor security patch level" have any influence at all if running LOS?
>So what does that vendor image do exactly?
>What is it needed for?
Everything.

>And how does that "Vendor security patch level" have any influence at all if running LOS?
It doesn't.

SAMSUNG_MANIX_64

Sep 1, 2013
Not bad at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190723-234037_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190723-234037_Settings.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,002
Reactions: Stoowyguy

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
>So what does that vendor image do exactly?
>What is it needed for?
Everything.

>And how does that "Vendor security patch level" have any influence at all if running LOS?
It doesn't.

Getting nowhere with this information, do we? :eek:

So if running LOS we can just ignore what "Vendor security patch level" says?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Oneplus just added DC dimming to the beta. Any chance to get it on lineage?

When I tried doing it on OnePlus 7 Pro I couldn't notice the difference so I don't even know how to verify if it works thus that's probably unlikely.
If you tell me how I can reliably verify it ( I tried using camera with few phones and it didn't make any difference ;_; ) then sure, once OnePlus actually uploads kernel source with DC dimming I'll try.

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
When I tried doing it on OnePlus 7 Pro I couldn't notice the difference so I don't even know how to verify if it works thus that's probably unlikely.
If you tell me how I can reliably verify it ( I tried using camera with few phones and it didn't make any difference ;_; ) then sure, once OnePlus actually uploads kernel source with DC dimming I'll try.
Cool, thanks for the effort.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/07/24/what-is-dc-dimming-and-why-are-phone-screens-getting-it/
They seem to have done it with an S10 camera. And as far as I understood, the minimal brightness should be lower, which is the main point for me.

°Washy

Jan 17, 2018
Oneplus just added DC dimming to the beta. Any chance to get it on lineage?
It's broken with custom kernel.

Anyway, I love lineageOS cause I'm a maniac of battery life but I had to leave for some missing features, firstly fanatic mod and navigation gestures. I tried It One month ago so do you added these features in last updates?

Last edited:

bfouillot

Jul 25, 2019
Hello,

I recently installed LineageOS16 for microG and rooted with Magisk. I'm totally new to this as I just came from an iPhone...

Every time I reboot, I'm welcomed by a security warning regarding the unlocked bootloader.
Question: Should that bootloader be re-locked after all installations are done? Or should it be kept unlocked?

Also, is there a way to get Google Pay to work? And if not, is there a good equivalent?

Thanks,
Ben

SAMSUNG_MANIX_64

Sep 1, 2013
This result is seems very good. Do you use any custom kernel or mod?
Ive been using smurf kernel :).
I/o scheduler set on Zen

However ive taken very good care of my battery from the beginning, allowing to it to completely drain, recharge to 100% without playing with it while it charges.

And also tbh this result was on stock kernel!!

Last edited:
Reactions: zeratull

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hello,

I recently installed LineageOS16 for microG and rooted with Magisk. I'm totally new to this as I just came from an iPhone...

Every time I reboot, I'm welcomed by a security warning regarding the unlocked bootloader.
Question: Should that bootloader be re-locked after all installations are done? Or should it be kept unlocked?

Also, is there a way to get Google Pay to work? And if not, is there a good equivalent?

Thanks,
Ben
Google pay works if you hide it from root with Magisk.

SAMSUNG_MANIX_64

Sep 1, 2013
Just a couple questions, how do nightlies work? Does it only change small things? Do you you have to flash every nightly? Or only flash to latest after days of not updating?. How many improvements are being made? How do I read change logs,?

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
Just a couple questions, how do nightlies work? Does it only change small things? Do you you have to flash every nightly? Or only flash to latest after days of not updating?. How many improvements are being made? How do I read change logs,?
Nightlies are build every day, even if there is no changes.
All builds are complete(ie not incremental) so you can directly flash the latest build
You don't need to flash daily.
I flash monthly mainly to the new security patch.
You can track changes here https://www.lineageoslog.com/16.0/enchilada
In black are the generic changes, in red specific to our device
Hope all your questions are answered.

Kurtinaitis

Sep 9, 2018

First post: https://download.lineageos.org/enchilada.
In that link, push in "recent changes" to see the changes in nightlies.

Sometimes are general changes, sometimes are device specific changes, and even sometimes no changes.

Of course you could flash every nightly but at 3th day you will be tired of flashing.

I dont have Lineage now but in my last device i used to flash 2 or 3 times in a month. Enough for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][enchilada][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-09-08
    Last Updated 2019-06-15
    NOTE: Before flashing these builds you have to flash latest Oxygen OS or Hydrogen OS in TWRP twice ( so that both A and B slots are flashed ); Oreo firmware is not supported and will not work on these builds.
    Voila enchilada is official, commits merged.
    Expect a build by tomorrow
    >Last build ~6h ago
    >Have you abandoned the project?
    Yeah obviously, can't you tell we did so?
    I think OTA updates are a challenge for a/b devices like this one. Looking at the procedure how they are flashed manually, I am looking forward to see a way how OTAs achieve the same!

OTA will be as simple as flashing from the built-in Updater
    Gapps ( or any other package that provides support for addon.d ) will be backed up automatically.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone