[ROM][Official] Evervolv Nightlies

Search This thread

bertscookie

Dec 27, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So I built against the latest kernel sources from evervolv default branch (kitkat?) I applied a patch from @elginsk8r on the 8th that hasn't been merged yet. It applies an update from the andromadus for the camera sensor.

I have tested this with heat against the stock kernel from the 4.3 nightly on 11.6.13. I'm going to say the heat from headset use is better. I haven't tested a stock build without the patch from current source. The patched kernel never exceeded a battery temp of 110.7F even after >30min use averages at ~108F Within 5-10 minutes of the nightly kernel heats up to >112F So there is a difference.

I haven't tested all the scenarios yet but those temps are streaming internet radio through headphones while charging for no more than 40 minutes. The patch has broken the camera however with a 'Unfortunately, gallery has stopped' BUT, screenshots now save! unfortunately...... they are garbage. Well they look cool, but nothing that was actually readable.

I have attached the kmsg and screenshot for your lulz.

Attachments

• kmsg.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2014-01-13-16-30-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-13-16-30-48.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 584

bertscookie

Dec 27, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm trying to build this but I keep having errors. I should have that taken care of soon. See how kitkat is looking on latest commits.

From my finger straight to XDA.

bertscookie

Dec 27, 2010
Buffalo, NY
what errors? are you using the kernel in my github or evervolv's?

Straight pull from evervolv's. Then make. Nothing edited. My build vm may be configured wrong. I had java errors then manually installed java6. I get tons of warnings but seems to build OK (for hours) then stops with no reason.

Perhaps the error happened before my terminal buffer. I was using '-j6 otapackage'

UPDATE: I started a build again today after a "repo sync -f" with no multiple jobs, just a "make otapackage" Will update.

Error:
Code:
target SharedLib: libwebviewchromium (/home/build/android/system/out/target/product/glacier/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so)
collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
make: *** [/home/build/android/system/out/target/product/glacier/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1

Could be not enough RAM/swap I have 2GB for the VM need to check swap. @elginsk8r what do you think?

EDIT: swap=2GB

Last edited:
Straight pull from evervolv's. Then make. Nothing edited. My build vm may be configured wrong. I had java errors then manually installed java6. I get tons of warnings but seems to build OK (for hours) then stops with no reason.

Perhaps the error happened before my terminal buffer. I was using '-j6 otapackage'

UPDATE: I started a build again today after a "repo sync -f" with no multiple jobs, just a "make otapackage" Will update.

Error:
Code:
target SharedLib: libwebviewchromium (/home/build/android/system/out/target/product/glacier/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so)
collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
make: *** [/home/build/android/system/out/target/product/glacier/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1

Could be not enough RAM/swap I have 2GB for the VM need to check swap. @elginsk8r what do you think?

EDIT: swap=2GB

I dont know, I have ran a full build fine with a straight pull from ev servers.

ibuddler

Jul 9, 2012
It comes with sad news that I will no longer be able to continue development on the glacier. as of right now I lost my trustly horse to concrete and water. I believe I may be able to obtain another (through a friend) but as of right now my run as a glacier developer has ceased.

Thank you for all the work you've made to this device. I know lots of people are still using it as a DD.

bertscookie

Dec 27, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It comes with sad news that I will no longer be able to continue development on the glacier. as of right now I lost my trustly horse to concrete and water. I believe I may be able to obtain another (through a friend) but as of right now my run as a glacier developer has ceased.

Sad to hear that, I'm sure plenty Glacier users thank you for your hard work.

I literally just dropped mine 3 minutes ago screenplant on the concrete (although mine made it unscathed less some roadrash)

Also my build just finished successfully! Default swappiness was too high.(default 60) had to set it down to 10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 5.0

Bug Reporting:
    Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

In the Toolbox you will find all the necessary debugging tools. *Settings -> Toolbox -> Debug
    1. Select the debugging you desire (last_kmsg, radio, dmesg, or logcat).
    2. Press "Fetch Logs"
    3. Press "Upload Logs"
    4. Post the link generated to our Bug Tracker along with a description of the bug.

Downloads:
    Archives

Source:
    Evervolv Github

Changelog:
    You can view them at the Evervolv Gerrit

Donations:
    If you wish to donate please do so here (Paypal)
    uploadfromtaptalk1375957129625.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
    After much digging I think I have our headset bug found.

Code:
    <6>[   66.991485] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   66.994567] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.051452] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.054077] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.059295] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.266632] [HS_MGR] (remove_detect_work_func) Remove 3.5mm accessory (05-21 07:20:51.373)
    <6>[   67.610595] Release 'boot-time' no_halt_lock
    <6>[   67.939758] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.178436] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.188262] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.356231] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.504058] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   69.049407] microp_led_pwm_brightness_set, data[1] = 0
    <6>[   69.213165] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   69.213592] [HS_MGR] (insert_detect_work_func) HEADSET_UNKNOWN_MIC (05-21 07:20:53.317)
    <6>[   69.214263] [HS_MGR] (insert_detect_work_func) Send uevent for state change, 0 => 130 (05-21 07:20:53.318)
    <6>[   69.220275] [HS_MGR] (update_mic_status) Start MIC status polling (10)
    <6>[   70.214599] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   71.216461] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   72.217590] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   73.219085] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   74.220672] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   75.222198] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   76.223724] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   77.225250] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   78.226684] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   79.228240] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   80.229736] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   80.230438] [HS_MGR] (mic_detect_work_func) MIC polling timeout (UNKNOWN/Floating MIC status)

Now to find what the root cause is
    So I built against the latest kernel sources from evervolv default branch (kitkat?) I applied a patch from @elginsk8r on the 8th that hasn't been merged yet. It applies an update from the andromadus for the camera sensor.

I have tested this with heat against the stock kernel from the 4.3 nightly on 11.6.13. I'm going to say the heat from headset use is better. I haven't tested a stock build without the patch from current source. The patched kernel never exceeded a battery temp of 110.7F even after >30min use averages at ~108F Within 5-10 minutes of the nightly kernel heats up to >112F So there is a difference.

I haven't tested all the scenarios yet but those temps are streaming internet radio through headphones while charging for no more than 40 minutes. The patch has broken the camera however with a 'Unfortunately, gallery has stopped' BUT, screenshots now save! unfortunately...... they are garbage. Well they look cool, but nothing that was actually readable.

I have attached the kmsg and screenshot for your lulz.