[ROM][Official] Evervolv Nightlies

Search This thread
Any plans to work on an L kernel?
I'll help when I'm back at my dev station

Sent from my m7spr

What for? L hasn't been released yet. I don't think I will be bringing up ANY 7x30 devices to kitkat or future android versions. Too much of a hassle and not enough functionality. It's not like I have a team of developers that actively work on these devices, I would much rather work on devices that are not 4+ years old. So to be frank the answer is no I have no plans for a "L" kernel.

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
What for? L hasn't been released yet. I don't think I will be bringing up ANY 7x30 devices to kitkat or future android versions. Too much of a hassle and not enough functionality. It's not like I have a team of developers that actively work on these devices, I would much rather work on devices that are not 4+ years old. So to be frank the answer is no I have no plans for a "L" kernel.
Alright, I might take a peek at it
With newer HTC devices, the L port has been mainly just the 4.4 CM kernel with AOSP parts, since we don't have a true AOSP branch for them
But your ION kernel for the Glacier is mainly AODP, no?

Sent from my m7spr

Alright, I might take a peek at it
With newer HTC devices, the L port has been mainly just the 4.4 CM kernel with AOSP parts, since we don't have a true AOSP branch for them
But your ION kernel for the Glacier is mainly AODP, no?

Sent from my m7spr

The only reason L ports are coming to those devices is because those devices have a nexus device with the similar hardware. It's a tad easier to make small changes to a rom that was designed for similar hardware with the only differences being sensors and init code.

As for this kernel. Every thing is ported from caf except for video drivers. Since we use a mddi display it makes it much harder for me to transition us over. Not to say I haven't tried but never had I had any luck. So right now we used a modifed standard linux msm display with modifications from htc for 7x30 devices. Some of the overlay code is upstream caf. It's a hacked up kernel to make it work.

IMHO Really needs a good rebase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kelbaez

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
The only reason L ports are coming to those devices is because those devices have a nexus device with the similar hardware. It's a tad easier to make small changes to a rom that was designed for similar hardware with the only differences being sensors and init code.

As for this kernel. Every thing is ported from caf except for video drivers. Since we use a mddi display it makes it much harder for me to transition us over. Not to say I haven't tried but never had I had any luck. So right now we used a modifed standard linux msm display with modifications from htc for 7x30 devices. Some of the overlay code is upstream caf. It's a hacked up kernel to make it work. Really needs a good rebase.
Maybe I should look at the kernel source before I actually think about even syncing the work tree

Sent from my m7spr

The best looking option to use as a rebase would be:

https://github.com/Flemmard/akh8960_cm
https://github.com/elginsk8r/android_kernel_htc_msm8960

For the fact the both are tailored to htc devices that are 8660/8960/8060. The kernel has some (not all) of the 7x30 components needed for the merge. the commits deleting audio support for 7x30 would have to be reverted. Boards would need to be rebased. Small drivers would need to be imported. all sounds easy as i type, but that is a mess of work just to watch it fail for weeks on end. Not saying it can't be done. I just dread rewriting a panel driver it.

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
The best looking option to use as a rebase would be:

https://github.com/Flemmard/akh8960_cm
https://github.com/elginsk8r/android_kernel_htc_msm8960

For the fact the both are tailored to htc devices that are 8660/8960/8060. The kernel has some (not all) of the 7x30 components needed for the merge. the commits deleting audio support for 7x30 would have to be reverted. Boards would need to be rebased. Small drivers would need to be imported. all sounds easy as i type, but that is a mess of work just to watch it fail for weeks on end. Not saying it can't be done. I just dread rewriting a panel driver it.
I'm on my msm8960 ATM, and I have to ask, is how much of that is AOSP based? Gonna take a wild guess and say its caf display?

Sent from my m7spr

Sizzlechest

Dec 18, 2010
Just wanted to say I installed this on an old MyTouch 4G and it seems to be good so far. I haven't put a working SIM card in the phone, but everything except YouTube seems to work. (YouTube reboots the phone when attempting to play a video.) It's much faster than the old Gingerbread ROM that was installed previously.

BTW, I used PA GAPPS mini with this rom.

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Just wanted to say I installed this on an old MyTouch 4G and it seems to be good so far. I haven't put a working SIM card in the phone, but everything except YouTube seems to work. (YouTube reboots the phone when attempting to play a video.) It's much faster than the old Gingerbread ROM that was installed previously.

BTW, I used PA GAPPS mini with this rom.
The reboot is expected
Its a known bug
Just like the video recording (right? That's still a thing? I don't use this phone anymore)

Sent from my m7spr

nycguru

Oct 2, 2008
TLV
Instructions ?

I was about to 'ditch' my MT4G due to its HTC Mail bug that sucks 160MB from the device's memory.
Once I get a new phone, I'll be able to experiment with new ROMs.
Your ROM looks intriguing, and your user name indicates you're a skater (me too).
Are there good instructions on how to root the MT4G ?
My past attempts were not too successful, maybe because my device was SIM-locked at the time (was eventually released by T-Mobile).
Which instructions should I follow for the installation of your ROM ?

hview

Dec 31, 2012
Karachi
hi,
report working smooth but battery draining very fast, also overheated on headphone using.

thanks you for support.

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
hi,
report working smooth but battery draining very fast, also overheated on headphone using.

thanks you for support.
A) you shouldn't be running this ROM if you want battery
B) you shouldn't be running anything that involves the camera (Galary)
C) the headphone heat is a known issue with the 3.x kernel on our device... Nobody knows why it happens exactly
To avoid ALL these issues, go back to 4.0.4
To just get back camera and maybe battery, go back to 4.3

Reactions: hview

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI

hview

Dec 31, 2012
Karachi
A) you shouldn't be running this ROM if you want battery
B) you shouldn't be running anything that involves the camera (Galary)
C) the headphone heat is a known issue with the 3.x kernel on our device... Nobody knows why it happens exactly
To avoid ALL these issues, go back to 4.0.4
To just get back camera and maybe battery, go back to 4.3
Phone goes rebooted on videos but other functions of camera and gallery is working fine. I wish that somebody fix headphone overheated bug.

Thank for your support and times.

abbas_sheikh

Oct 7, 2005
Phone goes rebooted on videos but other functions of camera and gallery is working fine. I wish that somebody fix headphone overheated bug.

Thank for your support and times.
I have got some mp4 playing fine in MX Player where as some other formats and encoded videos dont work, perhaps due to reason mentioned in earlier thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 5.0

Bug Reporting:
    Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

In the Toolbox you will find all the necessary debugging tools. *Settings -> Toolbox -> Debug
    1. Select the debugging you desire (last_kmsg, radio, dmesg, or logcat).
    2. Press "Fetch Logs"
    3. Press "Upload Logs"
    4. Post the link generated to our Bug Tracker along with a description of the bug.

Downloads:
    Archives

Source:
    Evervolv Github

Changelog:
    You can view them at the Evervolv Gerrit

Donations:
    If you wish to donate please do so here (Paypal)
    uploadfromtaptalk1375957129625.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
    After much digging I think I have our headset bug found.

Code:
    <6>[   66.991485] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   66.994567] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.051452] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.054077] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.059295] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.266632] [HS_MGR] (remove_detect_work_func) Remove 3.5mm accessory (05-21 07:20:51.373)
    <6>[   67.610595] Release 'boot-time' no_halt_lock
    <6>[   67.939758] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.178436] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.188262] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.356231] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.504058] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   69.049407] microp_led_pwm_brightness_set, data[1] = 0
    <6>[   69.213165] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   69.213592] [HS_MGR] (insert_detect_work_func) HEADSET_UNKNOWN_MIC (05-21 07:20:53.317)
    <6>[   69.214263] [HS_MGR] (insert_detect_work_func) Send uevent for state change, 0 => 130 (05-21 07:20:53.318)
    <6>[   69.220275] [HS_MGR] (update_mic_status) Start MIC status polling (10)
    <6>[   70.214599] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   71.216461] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   72.217590] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   73.219085] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   74.220672] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   75.222198] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   76.223724] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   77.225250] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   78.226684] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   79.228240] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   80.229736] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   80.230438] [HS_MGR] (mic_detect_work_func) MIC polling timeout (UNKNOWN/Floating MIC status)

Now to find what the root cause is
    So I built against the latest kernel sources from evervolv default branch (kitkat?) I applied a patch from @elginsk8r on the 8th that hasn't been merged yet. It applies an update from the andromadus for the camera sensor.

I have tested this with heat against the stock kernel from the 4.3 nightly on 11.6.13. I'm going to say the heat from headset use is better. I haven't tested a stock build without the patch from current source. The patched kernel never exceeded a battery temp of 110.7F even after >30min use averages at ~108F Within 5-10 minutes of the nightly kernel heats up to >112F So there is a difference.

I haven't tested all the scenarios yet but those temps are streaming internet radio through headphones while charging for no more than 40 minutes. The patch has broken the camera however with a 'Unfortunately, gallery has stopped' BUT, screenshots now save! unfortunately...... they are garbage. Well they look cool, but nothing that was actually readable.

I have attached the kmsg and screenshot for your lulz.