[ROM][Official] Evervolv Nightlies

Search This thread

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
Elgin any idea what's causing YouTube too crash and reboot phone,I tried too disable HW overlay and force 2d rendering got the browser too start too play but it keeps spinning like its buffering didn't get a logcat!!!

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Unable to share videos on whatsapp
At this stage, one would probably have to be happy with what we've managed to get so far. I'm sure that even the manufacturer never thought or intended the glacier to live for so long, nor get almost the latest android version that there is out there.

Now don't get me wrong, I love this sturdy workhorse device, but looking at things, don't hold your breath expecting someone to fix there problem of sharing videos via WhatsApp...

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
We have this thing called a bug report...use that and attach logs. No logs == no real help.
Will do

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

http://paste.evervolv.com/view/ddbe537a

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Here is last kmsg I tried too upload too bug tracker don't know if it did or not so I posted here,I couldn't find your name in list so I could push issue too you

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
Thanks for keeping this phone alive had too come back too it because I got rid off my HTC one max needed money hope someone can fix it cause I'll have this phone for a little while till I scrounge up enough cash for the nexus 6 hopefully soon though

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
This post brought a small tear to my eye
Then I realized you were talking about Evervolv sources, not Glacier sources

We should nail this coffin shut already...it's officially a dead phone
I said the very same words when ics was released some eons ago. And it still went through JB and KK (sure, some missing drivers problems etc, but still very functional and alive).

I have recently installed L on a Samsung device older than the Glacier, actually before OTA had arrived to my wife's nexus 5 and 7 ?

So, I'll wait patiently it may still come to my beloved Glacier. Sure, I had a few newer devices since I first got the glacier, but they all broke up at some point while the sturdy glacier still kicks, so I'm quite happy that I always keep this loyal device in my drawer, and grateful to those devs keeping it alive!

Reactions: jwhood

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
I said the very same words when ics was released some eons ago. And it still went through JB and KK (sure, some missing drivers problems etc, but still very functional and alive).

I have recently installed L on a Samsung device older than the Glacier, actually before OTA had arrived to my wife's nexus 5 and 7 ?

So, I'll wait patiently it may still come to my beloved Glacier. Sure, I had a few newer devices since I first got the glacier, but they all broke up at some point while the sturdy glacier still kicks, so I'm quite happy that I always keep this loyal device in my drawer, and grateful to those devs keeping it alive!

I honestly need a new battery
That's the main thing I have wrong with mine

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Android 5.0 ought to be faster. It forces ART runtime (sth that many kitkat developers didn't feel that they should include) which makes things smoother for the same workload. Apart from that it's a pretty comparable experience (as far as performance/resources go). So yeah, if this phone can run KitKat, it can darn well run Lolipop, if anything it will give it new life. That is of course if there are still devs around to make the port....

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
Hey Elgin I hope what I seen somewhere is signs that there might be life left in ole faithful??; )

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Went too look at the nexus today, man what a sweet phone,you deving for the "6"??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 5.0

Bug Reporting:
    Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

In the Toolbox you will find all the necessary debugging tools. *Settings -> Toolbox -> Debug
    1. Select the debugging you desire (last_kmsg, radio, dmesg, or logcat).
    2. Press "Fetch Logs"
    3. Press "Upload Logs"
    4. Post the link generated to our Bug Tracker along with a description of the bug.

Downloads:
    Archives

Source:
    Evervolv Github

Changelog:
    You can view them at the Evervolv Gerrit

Donations:
    If you wish to donate please do so here (Paypal)
    uploadfromtaptalk1375957129625.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
    After much digging I think I have our headset bug found.

Code:
    <6>[   66.991485] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   66.994567] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.051452] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.054077] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.059295] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   67.266632] [HS_MGR] (remove_detect_work_func) Remove 3.5mm accessory (05-21 07:20:51.373)
    <6>[   67.610595] Release 'boot-time' no_halt_lock
    <6>[   67.939758] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.178436] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.188262] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.356231] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   68.504058] [HS_MGR] (hs_notify_hpin_irq) HPIN IRQ
    <6>[   69.049407] microp_led_pwm_brightness_set, data[1] = 0
    <6>[   69.213165] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   69.213592] [HS_MGR] (insert_detect_work_func) HEADSET_UNKNOWN_MIC (05-21 07:20:53.317)
    <6>[   69.214263] [HS_MGR] (insert_detect_work_func) Send uevent for state change, 0 => 130 (05-21 07:20:53.318)
    <6>[   69.220275] [HS_MGR] (update_mic_status) Start MIC status polling (10)
    <6>[   70.214599] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   71.216461] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   72.217590] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   73.219085] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   74.220672] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   75.222198] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   76.223724] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   77.225250] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   78.226684] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   79.228240] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   80.229736] [HS_MGR] (get_mic_status) Failed to get MIC status
    <6>[   80.230438] [HS_MGR] (mic_detect_work_func) MIC polling timeout (UNKNOWN/Floating MIC status)

Now to find what the root cause is
    So I built against the latest kernel sources from evervolv default branch (kitkat?) I applied a patch from @elginsk8r on the 8th that hasn't been merged yet. It applies an update from the andromadus for the camera sensor.

I have tested this with heat against the stock kernel from the 4.3 nightly on 11.6.13. I'm going to say the heat from headset use is better. I haven't tested a stock build without the patch from current source. The patched kernel never exceeded a battery temp of 110.7F even after >30min use averages at ~108F Within 5-10 minutes of the nightly kernel heats up to >112F So there is a difference.

I haven't tested all the scenarios yet but those temps are streaming internet radio through headphones while charging for no more than 40 minutes. The patch has broken the camera however with a 'Unfortunately, gallery has stopped' BUT, screenshots now save! unfortunately...... they are garbage. Well they look cool, but nothing that was actually readable.

I have attached the kmsg and screenshot for your lulz.