[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][10.0]crDroid Android[v6.27]

Search This thread

nousernamesorry

Feb 15, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hey, im using the latest CrDroid rom, and it has Gcam 7.3 built in. Issue being, it has some focusing problems. And i would like downgrade to Gcam 7.2. How to replace the app, i cant downgrade it. It just shows app not installed, I can uninstall it. Since uninstalling it causes my phone to boot into recovery. So is there a way i can uninstall the current gcam version, and go back to the older one?

SilentEYE

Mar 23, 2008

Hey firebird11,

can you tell us, why the app SnoopSnitch shows a warning, that there is still a remote code Execution exploit unpatched in CrDroid?

SnoopSnitch is checking devices googles security patch status on Android devices.

Attachments

• photo_2020-06-06_09-12-41.jpg
    photo_2020-06-06_09-12-41.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 795

rageyoudown

Dec 14, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi all,

Is anyone else having an issue on the latest build 6.7 where the status bar is too stretch out on both sides and clips off the screen? I recently cleaned flashed 6.7 with OOS 10.3.4 as the base.

koobie777

Sep 15, 2009
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes, you can add a little padding on CrDroid Settings - User UI - Rounded corners.
I set the third slider to 8 and icons are OK.
Anyone noticed that in landscape mode it cuts off the right edge?

Edit: nevermind it was fling gestures causing that, hid navigation bar in crDroid settings instead of hiding with fling gestures app. Working fine

Last edited:

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let me remind those of you who have forgotten Forum Rules when posting in development threads.

A little off-topic is acceptable so long as the OP doesn't object AND as long as it doesn't violate the above mentioned rules.

Several comments have been deleted due to violating the rules. Development threads are no place for back and forth bickering, saber rattling, chest beating, or any other form of my comment is better than yours.

Please end the useless back and forth and keep the thread respectful and helpful. If users want to go at it, take it to PM or outside social media, not here.

Those involved will not be given another warning about there comments violating the rules. If you don't have anything helpful, respectful or directly related to development to post, simply keep it to yourself.

For everyone else doing their part to keep things smooth and development related, and those willing to follow the rules from here on out, thank you!

tl;dr

knock off the useless back and forth
keep comments respectful, helpful, and development related
follow the rules

mad4some

Dec 10, 2012
East TN
Dirty update works well, and almost as easy as "the old days", I've only had my 6t for a few weeks but am getting used to the A/B stuff. Mostly I've learned that if you read everybody's flashing instructions it will make you really confused!! I think the latest TWRP 34 is really sorted now for A/B flashing also. Funny, you see the Magisk appear to be preserved after the ROM flash but I lost root and had to reflash 20.4 again anyway. Very nice and smooth ROM, will be on this for awhile! :D

Reboot to TWRP
Flash ROM
Flash TWRP installer
Reboot TWRP
Flash Magisk
Done

Spirit_of_Eli

Jun 28, 2019
Dirty update works well, and almost as easy as "the old days", I've only had my 6t for a few weeks but am getting used to the A/B stuff. Mostly I've learned that if you read everybody's flashing instructions it will make you really confused!! I think the latest TWRP 34 is really sorted now for A/B flashing also. Funny, you see the Magisk appear to be preserved after the ROM flash but I lost root and had to reflash 20.4 again anyway. Very nice and smooth ROM, will be on this for awhile! :D

Reboot to TWRP
Flash ROM
Flash TWRP installer
Reboot TWRP
Flash Magisk
Done

If you use gapps, then you have boot into twrp after is update. Then reboot to the OS.
After that you can boot trwp an flash magisk.

This realy important.

Dr. Mario

Jun 8, 2019
Helena
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T
I discovered that OnePlus 6T is no longer maintained over there at crDroid wwbsite, so I decided to switch to LineageOS. I am wondering why it was just dropped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

MaWalla99

Jan 21, 2018
Rostock
I discovered that OnePlus 6T is no longer maintained over there at crDroid wwbsite, so I decided to switch to LineageOS. I am wondering why it was just dropped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the maintainers device died, so he can't work on it anymore. I'm however in the process of picking up the work and continue maintaining it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is built on top of LineageOS, and is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device, while also attempting to bring you many of the best features in existence today.

Features

A quick glossary and primer on slots for A/B devices (like ours):

- "Clean flash": Removing device protection & clearing user settings before installing a bootable system install zip (usually by either wiping or formatting data, see below).
    - "Dirty flash": Flashing a ROM zip (usually upgrading to new version, sometimes just re-flashing the existing one) without wiping data or anything first.
    - "Wipe data": Synonymous with "factory reset", accomplished from TWRP recovery by selecting "Wipe", then performing the "Slide to factory reset". Clears user data without erasing any partitions, removing encryption, or deleting contents of internal storage.
    - "Format data": Formats the data partition itself, resets all file-based encryption keys, loses all contents of internal storage, and in fact deletes all "user 0" directories (this has some implications for internal storage before & after first boot).
    - "User 0" directories are a series of directories that store userdata for the primary user, "Owner", and get created in various places throughout the filesystem on first system boot if they don't exist already. Anything you copy to "internal storage" while booted in recovery after "formatting data" will actually be copied to /data/media/ instead of /data/media/0/, and will become invisible to regular file browsing after first boot once the system has created /data/media/0, since the system will prefer to use that path for internal storage from then on (so you'll need a root file browser to delete things from /data/media, or just ADB sideload things instead of copying after formatting but before booting).
    - "OTA package": Originally an abbreviation for "over the air", referring to how a software update could be delivered (as opposed to having to take your phone to a carrier's store for a firmware update via serial/USB connection). The common usage in Android circles is any installation zip file that actually includes a bootable system.
    - Some partitions are duplicated (system, vendor, boot, and probably a couple others, but not data) and have a "slot A" & "slot B" copy.
    - "Slot A" and "slot B" are absolute designations, but most installer zip scripts use the relative designations: "active" and "inactive". Whichever slot you're booted from currently is "active", and the other one is "inactive".
    - Installing a zip file that's flagged as being an OTA package will 1) install the contents to the "inactive" slot, and then 2) flag the bootloader to switch which slot is considered "active" (and booted from) and "inactive" upon next reboot.
    - The OxygenOS full OTA zip files and all custom ROM installer zip files are considered "OTA packages" and will trigger a slot switch on next boot after installation.
    - You can install multiple OTA zip packages one after the other without rebooting in TWRP; they will all get installed into the correct partitions in the "inactive" slot, one on top of the other, and then it will swap active & inactive upon reboot.
    - We don't use what are called "delta" updates, which can patch existing partitions by block or by file; we use full filesystem images. So for us, OTA zip packages are really just a bunch of partition filesystem image files all wrapped up into a "payload.bin" with some extra instructions & metadata/checksums, so when you flash a ROM, it overwrites entire partitions at a time instead of individual files or filesystem blocks within that partition. So if you've changed something in a partition like system that gets written as part of flashing an OTA zip, all your changes are gone. The only thing in the system partition afterward will be what was in the system.img that was included in the ROM zip payload.
    - The partitions that crDroid, LineageOS, and most custom ROMs for OnePlus 6 & 6T install to when flashing are boot (contains recovery & kernel), dtbo, system, and vbmeta. Some ROMs (like Syberia) build the vendor partition from source instead of just trying to work with the existing OEM vendor partition, so they flash that one too when installing. So you definitely need to flash stock vendor before switching from Syberia or another source-built vendor ROM to one like Lineage or crDroid that uses prebuilt.
    - "Prebuilt vendor" vs. "source-built" vendor partitions: when first trying to get a custom ROM working on a new device now that we have separate system & vendor partitions & Google's "Project Treble" is a thing, you'll often just leave the contents of the vendor partition alone, because that's where all the proprietary or device-specific stuff lives (manufacturer specific hardware drivers & interfaces, any DRM libraries, custom frameworks & selinux policies for talking to them), and you make a compatibility map of what framework versions you're compiling against in system and what vendor version they're compatible with or supersede or you overlay updated things that should replace stuff in the vendor partition and keep it in system_ext instead. But you're also limited in that if there are some things in vendor, you CAN'T work around it from the ROM side (like, OnePlus Camera working correctly). So often, once the basics are functioning, the goal is to move to building the contents of the vendor partition from source, because you then have the freedom to fix problems with sepolicy, library/framework mismatches, etc. and make things work with the custom ROM instead of only working with the OEM's flavor of Android, and you can still copy individual pre-compiled files from the stock vendor filesystem image if needed (like if there's no open-source equivalent for some driver). Unfortunately, OnePlus SDM845 (enchilada & fajita, the OP6 & OP6T) never got a proper source-built vendor bringup by the LineageOS team (upon which crDroid is based). And while Syberia has had source built vendor in Android 11 (possibly 10?), it was only done for enchilada and NOT fajita, it's not trivial to unroll & commonize what they've done to apply to other ROMs, and some of the proprietary files they keep are imported from other similar devices/similar chipsets rather than source-built (presumably because the OnePlus ones are modified in a weird way that the open-source components can't hook into, but still not ideal). So for fixing a lot of the issues we still face with lack of things working quite right, or hardware features not available in custom ROMs (especially compared to newer OnePlus devices like the 7, 8, or 9 series), we're kinda stuck, because you can't just implement it against the stock prebuilt vendor.
    - "Updating firmware" simply means we're flashing updated contents from the manufacturer into all the OTHER partitions besides the ones that the ROM OTA zip touches. There are another dozen or more of those, besides system & boot, that the full OxygenOS OTA zip would normally write to when you install it. The contents of the system partition in custom ROMs for our device are generally built against a particular version of OxygenOS (mostly the contents of the OEM vendor partition).

Prerequisites:
    - Make sure your bootloader is unlocked (and don't plan on relocking it ffs).
    - Make sure you have a reasonably-current, working installation of android platform tools (adb & fastboot command line binaries & necessary drivers) on your computer, with a known-good USB cable (see links in post #2).
    - Make sure you've downloaded the most recent full Android 10 OxygenOS OTA installer zip (10.3.12), crDroid zip, matching crDroid boot.img, official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 installer zip and bootable img, and whatever Magisk/GApps/microG installation packages you want to use to your computer (see links in post #2).
    - Make sure you've backed up whatever data you want to keep to somewhere that's not on your phone; for a new install, we're going to format the data partition and you're going to lose everything from internal storage.

Let's get started!

Updating firmware (if already on crDroid):
    - Reboot to bootloader (with no USB cable connected).
    - Open a terminal on your computer, and run `fastboot flash boot path/to/boot.img`, substituting in the path & filename for the current crDroid boot.img that you downloaded as part of the prerequisites.
    - Reboot to bootloader again (actually loads new bootloader that you just flashed).
    - Use Vol +/- buttons to select "Recovery mode" and press Pwr button to boot into the built-in TWRP recovery. The device's internal storage should now be available for read/write on the computer via MTP.
    - Copy the official OxygenOS 10.3.12 full OTA zip & latest crDroid zip into the device's internal storage, then choose "Install", select the current crDroid zip, choose "Add more zips", and crDroid installer zip, then swipe to confirm flash. No TWRP zip required, since it's built in to the boot.img that gets installed.
    - Reboot recovery, then choose "Install", and select the OOS zip, then select "Add more zips" and choose the crDroid zip, and swipe to confirm flash again.
    - Reboot recovery, and re-flash magisk/gapps if needed.
    - Wipe dalvik.
    - Reboot system.

First time installing crDroid to your OP6T, coming from stock OxygenOS or another ROM (will also update firmware while we're at it):
    - Reboot to bootloader, then `fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img` to start up into TWRP recovery.
    - Mount System partition read-write, use file manager to delete the /system/addons.d/ directory if it exists, unmount System.
    - Choose Wipe > Format data, type "yes" and hit enter to nuke everything in the data partition and clear encryption.
    - Choose Advanced > ADB sideload (don't worry about selecting cache/dalvik wipe options yet) and then on the computer, do `adb sideload path/to/OxygenOSOTA.zip` to flash the OxygenOS 10.3.12 full OTA installation zip & make sure you're on the latest Android 10 firmware.
    - Go get a drink, this'll be a bit.
    - When that's done, hit "back" in TWRP and start ADB sideload again, and this time send the crDroid installation zip (includes TWRP built-in, so don't need separate zip for that at this point).
    - Reboot to recovery (this will switch the active slot to use the system partition you just installed those zip files into).
    - Wipe data (Wipe > "Slide to factory reset" in TWRP).
    - That was so much fun, let's do it again! ADB sideload OxygenOS full OTA zip.
    - ADB sideload crDroid zip.
    - Reboot to recovery (switches slots again, now we have latest OxygenOS firmware plus crDroid populated in both sets of partitions and won't have to do that again).
    - Flash Magisk (if desired).
    - Flash GApps or microG package (if desired).
    - Wipe dalvik.
    - If you copied anything to internal storage instead of flashing it via ADB sideload, delete it now before first boot.
    - Reboot system.
    - Go through setup wizard.
    - Reboot system (for reasons I don't comprehend, it never shows "OnePlus Settings" in the Settings app top level menu on a fresh install until after rebooting once).
    - It's gonna harass you to finish setup, go ahead and customize everything to your heart's content.

Updating crDroid from TWRP (preferred):
    You don't need to remove device protection; it works fine with PIN. Be sure you have a PIN set, or have looked up whatever that arcane chart of pattern > numeric incantations in case of pattern unlock. It's awful.
    - Boot into TWRP recovery.
    - Choose install, then select OOS firmware OTA (if needed), then choose select additional zips, then select crDroid.zip, slide to confirm flash.
    - Reboot recovery.
    - Choose install, then select Magisk zip (if using), select additional zips, choose GApps/microG (if using), slide to confirm flash.
    - Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your... dalvik.
    - Reboot system.

Updating crDroid from Updater app:
    Warning: I don't remember if crDroid 6 even *has* the built-in Updater app function or not, or how well it handles addon.d survival scripts. Use with caution.
    - Install update in built-in Updater app (Settings > System > Updater), do NOT reboot yet.
    - Go to Magisk app home, click "Install" next to Magisk, and choose the "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" method.
    - For GApps/microG: If you use GApps/microG that needs to be re-flashed to /system (as opposed to magisk module GApps/microG), reboot *recovery* at this point, mount the system partition in TWRP, and dig around with the File Manager in system/priv-app/ & system/product/priv-app/ to make sure that everything you expect was copied over to the now-currently-active slot, and if need be re-flash your installer zip, or else your world will be pain when you boot normally. Yes, I expect you to know what your preferred package installs & to keep the zip handy.
    - NOW you can reboot to system.

Reporting bugs:
    I'm a parent of three young kids whose industry disappeared in the pandemic and is now full-time house husband & parent-in-charge while my wife is teaching full-time, I'm trying to save my small live-event-turned-streaming-studio company in my spare time. I'm doing in-home caregiving for a family member overnight one day a week. This is the back-up spare-spare-time hobby. I'm not a software developer nor do I know any programming languages, I just wanted a ROM with signature spoofing support and more customization than the unofficial microg-compatible LineageOS builds. So if there are bugs or feature requests, I go over to the crDroid dev chat and ask if someone has time to hold my hand & help. Don't make me get yelled for annoying them, mmkay? That said...
    - Logs/screenshots/recordings or it didn't happen. Syslog (free, open source, available on Play store and F-droid) is your friend.
    - I try to keep an organized notebook of roadmap, feature reqeusts, bug reports, etc. I won't always be able to fix it, but I'll at least look and do my best to ask the actual devs.
    - I don't sign into XDA much, so if I haven't said anything, check out the Telegram group. Lots of helpful folks there.
    - Please keep your questions in this thread instead of PMing me with them directly, so that the entire class can benefit from the discussion and you can find out if it's just you or if this is a widespread issue.

It's your device to use the way you want of course, and I use Magisk & microG and like to tweak things myself. But don't expect much support if you:
    - didn't do a clean flash.
    - aren't using the built-in kernel.
    - are using extensive modifications (besides Magisk) like Xposed/Riru, Dolby Atmos, Viper4A, etc.
    - immediately start using "finalize.zip" or flashing migrate restore zips instead of following the actual instructions.
    - are running decrypted.

Donate - Support development!

crDroid Website - Download here!

Telegram Oneplus6/6t group - Share your best cat pictures!

Source Code:
    - Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_fajita/tree/10.0
    - OP6/6T Common device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/tree/10.0
    - OnePlus Common device tree: https://github.com/Terminator-J/crdroid_device_oneplus_common/tree/10.0-test
    - Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/10.0
    Notes:
    - Yes it supports package signature spoofing permission for microG compatibility out of the box (but will work without ANY GApps/microG implementation installed as well).
    - Aux camera doesn't work correctly due to framework issues beyond my control/comprehension. So, still no portrait mode in OnePlusCamera in cr6. But 60fps video recording in OOSCam works great; huzzah!
    - Doesn't pass safetynet out of the box, despite many tests with different fingerprints/props. Just use Magisk & enable the Zygisk DenyList & kdrag0n's "safetynet-fix" module and be happy. If your bank's app doesn't work, switch to a local credit union and stop feeding the bougie bankers. Smash capitalism!
    - Maintainer does not use GApps, so cannot answer questions about which packages work best from firsthand experience. In general, go with the smallest package you can and then install other Google apps from the Play Store. Please note that if you replace the stock dialer with Google Dialer, you may lose access to the Phone Info menu (*#*#4636#*#*) until you install another dialer. For recommendations, see https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.
    - Requires OOS 10.3.12 OOS firmware.
    - Includes built-in TWRP, pulled from official 3.5.2_9-0 ramdisk, works well.
    - Tested against latest Magisk canary (with zygisk instead of magiskhide), works well.
    - No there won't be official builds with inline GApps; please don't ask.

crDroid 6.27 - February 2022 ASB release notes/known issues:
    Changelog since v6.23 release:
    - Merged Android Security Bulletins through February 2022 from upstream.
    - Whatever changed upstream in the ROM proper (not likely much; they want to freeze it besides security updates).
    - Reimplemented DeviceSettings based on crDroid 7 version (no more greyed-out things that don't actually work in Android 10).
    - Backported updated display panel handling in device tree and kernel to match crDroid 7 (panel color modes are in LiveDisplay now). FOD on fajita is still kinda crap with OOS 10 firmware, but oh well.
    - Little more tidying/tightening in device tree & kernel for moving to maintenance-only releases.
    - Imported current wireguard VPN kernel-mode driver.

Known issues:
    Fajita-specific:
    - FOD seems to work kinda, um, crap compared to how it is on OOS 11 firmware. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately.

Common:
    - Some screen-off gestures may not work, due to limitations beyond my control; don't use those gestures. Sorry.
    - You tell me! With logs!

Other stuff:
    - At this point, any little feature bugs will be considered "can't fix/won't fix"; I can't keep working on this one, I'm going to try to only do security-update-only releases of crDroid v6.
    - Where do bad rainbows go? Prism. It's a light sentence.

Helpful links:

Download ROM

TWRP (use old official v3.5.2_9-0)
    (TWRP is built-in to the crDroid 6 zip, but you might need the img or standalone installer zip in order to get to that point)

Magisk (use latest)

OxygenOS 10.3.12 Full OTA

MSMTool (oh now you're in trouble - use latest unless you have a good reason to intentionally downgrade)
    D
    Deleted member 4258086
    new build up !
    D
    Deleted member 4258086
    New build up !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    D
    Deleted member 4258086
    new build up !