• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

dconz

Sep 12, 2012
MMS on Verizon

I've been searching around for a few hours and haven't been able to solve my issue. I started with OOS 10.3.2 and followed the directions on the LineageOS fajita wiki to flash LineageOS 17.1. Everything went smoothly and I now have LineageOS installed and I restored my apps with Titanium Backup. The only issue I'm having is that I'm unable to receive MMS messages. I called Verizon and ensured the cdma-less flag is still set on my line. What else can I try to fix this?

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
I've been searching around for a few hours and haven't been able to solve my issue. I started with OOS 10.3.2 and followed the directions on the LineageOS fajita wiki to flash LineageOS 17.1. Everything went smoothly and I now have LineageOS installed and I restored my apps with Titanium Backup. The only issue I'm having is that I'm unable to receive MMS messages. I called Verizon and ensured the cdma-less flag is still set on my line. What else can I try to fix this?

I had this problem after updating to 10.3.3.. I had to disable VoLTE for me to receive all my messages. I was only receiving half of the ones being sent to me.

adamcullen

Sep 28, 2006
Hi all,

I've come back to OnePlus with my OnePlus 6T. Using Lineage again as per all my Android phones.

I've struck a couple of issues with this version:
a) I can't get "OK Google" to work on any screen. I can tap the mic button in the Google search bar and do a voice search, I've tried retraining my voice profile and I've systemized the assistant, google and home apps. One thing i can say is that under the Assistant settings -> Voice Match -> Hey Google, the toggle wont turn on. I've tried repeatedly, it takes me though some screens, but wont stay on at the end of that. Does anyone know a way to force that to happen.

b) Ad Away wont work - I've enabled systemless hosts in Magisk and tried reinstalling the latest version of Adaway, but can not get this to work.

c) Fingerprint animation - I played around with OxygenOS for a day before flashing LineageOS. I really liked the fingerprint unlock animation. I've tried this solution https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/themes/substratum-deadlyghost-fingerprint-t3933018 using substratum. I could change to colour of the fingerprint and its icon, but couldn't get the animation to work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Adam

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
b) Ad Away wont work - I've enabled systemless hosts in Magisk and tried reinstalling the latest version of Adaway, but can not get this to work.

I don't use AdAway, but I briefly looked at their web page and it says R/W system. I use a hosts file for ad blocking and since 17.1 the only way I can make it work is to write it in recovery. Once the system is up and running, no root browser can touch it. I've tried remounting the system as R/W doesn't seem to do anything. I would guess this is the issue?

adamcullen

Sep 28, 2006
Thanks OhioYJ. I've been doing some further investigation and was trying to copy my hosts file from /data/data/hosts to /system/etc/hosts but kept getting a symlink error using terminal in TWRP.

How do you do it?

Adam

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks OhioYJ. I've been doing some further investigation and was trying to copy my hosts file from /data/data/hosts to /system/etc/hosts but kept getting a symlink error using terminal in TWRP.

I always use the file manager. If you haven't flashed anything, go into Mount (On the main screen), and make check System, to mount system. Then under Advanced (On the main screen) select File manager. Internal storage (where my hosts file is located) is under /sdcard, Press and hold on your hosts file for a second and choose copy. Then just navigate to etc, which is actually located in /system/system/etc, choose the paste Icon down in the lower right, it will ask you to confirm, and all should be good. You should be able to confirm the hosts file has been updated / changed with a root browser once booted, even though you can't write / change it, but you will see that it has been changed.

dharkness

Nov 28, 2007
Hello Kitty Land
What is your-- OnePlus 6T
LineageOS version: 17.1-20200422
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...neage-17.1-20200422-nightly-fajita-signed.zip
Gapps version: openGapps 10.0-20200523

Did you--
wipe: yes
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: no

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: no

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Trebuchet crash on a fresh install, full format wipe and the works. cant get pass it to install logcat, tried delete cache/storage and reboot that did not solve the issue.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Trebuchet crash on a fresh install, full format wipe and the works. cant get pass it to install logcat, tried delete cache/storage and reboot that did not solve the issue.

What did you wipe?

From the cliff notes version of my install guide:
- Factory reset (This is the slider at the bottom in the wipe menu).
- Format data. (This is the button that says Format data in the wipe menu)
- Do NOT wipe cache, do not Wipe system, do NOT Wipe Dalvik / ART, do not add anything else, Just Factory Reset and Format Data. After doing those two Reboot to Recovery one more time. You must do this after formatting data.

If you wiped, system or vendor, you will have issues.

My guide on installing Lineage here.

Reactions: thomasnsr

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
Hi all,

I've come back to OnePlus with my OnePlus 6T. Using Lineage again as per all my Android phones.

I've struck a couple of issues with this version:
a) I can't get "OK Google" to work on any screen. I can tap the mic button in the Google search bar and do a voice search, I've tried retraining my voice profile and I've systemized the assistant, google and home apps. One thing i can say is that under the Assistant settings -> Voice Match -> Hey Google, the toggle wont turn on. I've tried repeatedly, it takes me though some screens, but wont stay on at the end of that. Does anyone know a way to force that to happen.

c) Fingerprint animation - I played around with OxygenOS for a day before flashing LineageOS. I really liked the fingerprint unlock animation. I've tried this solution https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/themes/substratum-deadlyghost-fingerprint-t3933018 using substratum. I could change to colour of the fingerprint and its icon, but couldn't get the animation to work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Adam

a) I don't use "OK Google"

b) works fine for me see screenshots (and ads are blocked)

c) would love fingerprint animation in LOS ;)
Wondering if that isn't a step in that direction : https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/266130

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200525-194502_AdAway.png
    Screenshot_20200525-194502_AdAway.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 692
  • Screenshot_20200525-194523_AdAway.png
    Screenshot_20200525-194523_AdAway.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

adamcullen

Sep 28, 2006
Dwardo, I've installed adaway 5 beta and its now working (except on podcast addict - which has recently change the way it embeds ads).

OK google - still can't make it work.

Yes, fingerprint animations in LOS would be great.

EliteMrX

May 22, 2020
How to go back to stock rom with locked bootloader if I install lineage os 17.1 which method to use fastboot rom or msm tool and which gaaps version to use stock ,full or mini or micro. If I install micro would I be able to install other gaaps like Google andriod web view.

nkmst

Apr 26, 2016
How to go back to stock rom with locked bootloader if I install lineage os 17.1 which method to use fastboot rom or msm tool and which gaaps version to use stock ,full or mini or micro. If I install micro would I be able to install other gaaps like Google andriod web view.
Your post does not make sense. A dozen conflicting questions in few lines. After several failed attempts to understand what you're asking, I gave up.

EliteMrX

May 22, 2020
1) How to revert back to stock rom if I install lineage os? Like which method to use msm tool or fastboot method
2) which gaap package should be used for lineage os 17.1 micro, mini , full or stock.?
3) if I install micro package will it be possible to install Google andriod web view manually from play store?

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
1) How to revert back to stock rom if I install lineage os? Like which method to use msm tool or fastboot method
2) which gaap package should be used for lineage os 17.1 micro, mini , full or stock.?
3) if I install micro package will it be possible to install Google andriod web view manually from play store?

1. Either work fine. MSMTool is typically my last resort, but it will automatically relock the bootloader for you after running. With thr fastboot rom you would have to manually relock. If you want to go 100% back to stock with relock, I would say the MSM tool in that case.

2. Typically I use Nano. You can use any though. Full and stock would be pretty bloated with stuff you can just install from the play store anyways if you really want.

3. Of course. In fact you will have to if want some apps to function properly. Its also available in the play store. If you get it some place like APK Mirror dont forget Trichrome Library it is also required for it to run.

EliteMrX

May 22, 2020
Successfully installed the lineage os 17.1 using lineage wiki Method.
1) will my device get ota update or do I have to flash them manually.
2) safety net check fails cts profile mismatch how to fix my device is not rooted and using lineage recovery didn't modify anything.
3) how to manually relock bootloader after installing stock rom using fastboot rom.
4) I tried msm tool 10.3.2 rom and my device showed as qualcom loader pot 9008. And when I started msm tool it shows com3 connected but when started it gives error sahara device get failed something pls poweroff device but my device is powered off and I connected vol up plus down how to fix this.

Reactions: KnowledgeJunkie

suvam69

Oct 21, 2013
ALIPURDUAR
Successfully installed the lineage os 17.1 using lineage wiki Method.
1) will my device get ota update or do I have to flash them manually.
2) safety net check fails cts profile mismatch how to fix my device is not rooted and using lineage recovery didn't modify anything.
3) how to manually relock bootloader after installing stock rom using fastboot rom.
4) I tried msm tool 10.3.2 rom and my device showed as qualcom loader pot 9008. And when I started msm tool it shows com3 connected but when started it gives error sahara device get failed something pls poweroff device but my device is powered off and I connected vol up plus down how to fix this.
4. You have to press vol up + down together while connecting device to the pc cable. Not after.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2019-09-12
    Last Updated 2020-04-01
    I uploaded a single Q based build before disappearing again, have fun.

Here are some minimalistic instructions:
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-30-fajita-Pie-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb shell twrp sideload
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_042_all_1912142031_d9ef3.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-30-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img
    $ adb sideload OnePlus6TOxygen_34_OTA_042_all_1912142031_d9ef3.zip
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ adb sideload <lineage>
    $ adb reboot bootloader
    $ adb sideload <gapps>
    $ adb reboot
    So lineage 17 is dead on the 6T I see. Unanswered questions, Dev fled the coupe. Sad

As if there was a point in answering "- same problem during installation as 30 other people in before -", "does verizon work?" or "android auto no work what do?".

I sometimes show up here whenever there's something actually worth replying to.
    FYI the last time I did that was back when @Ducter had crashdump issues after booting ANY recovery. I silently fixed that on jan 8, 2020 and no one even said a word ;-;
    I've got good progress on the 10.0 GApps package, so expect a test build soon.

That font just made me throw up...