[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11.0]**crDroid Android**[V7.5]

Search This thread
Hey, so, hi there. My name's Jordan. I've been kinda off & on here for a while, starting with my old Moto G 4G (peregrine), ZUK Z2 Pro & Plus, the wife's Pixel 3a, and now I've kinda accidentally been nominated to be the official maintainer of crDroid for OnePlus 6 & 6T. Max can confirm; he's been busy with a lot of things and changing direction, and I've been smashing my head into the wall trying to learn from the outside in how any of this ROM build stuff works and how git works and gerrit works (so THAT'S where luk1337 hid all the unofficial bringup patches for getting LineageOS 18 to compile...) enough to start getting crDroid7 to compile & boot on enchilada & fajita, and then go back and rewrite commit history to get rid of all the embarassing "WTF am I doing" stuff out of the January/February device tree history.

Anyway.

Max has been focusing on personal stuff & helping family & preparing to move, and I've been banging on this when I should be sleeping instead, while being parent-in-charge of three young kids doing remote school during the day and trying to build a streaming studio to salvage the rest of my live-event-production business on the weekends, so I'm not doing that much better... but I love crDroid (need SOMETHING that has some good customization, signature spoofing/MicroG support, and doesn't have baked-in GApps) and wanted it to keep going. Which is to say...

Sorry 7.3 was kinda buggy around the customization edges even while battery life & phone stability were fine; we've been banging on DeviceSettings ("OnePlus Settings" in the settings app) and trying to figure out what things want to be in there vs. using the Lineage SDK implementations, and it's still kind of a mess in the DeviceSettings branch. So for March, I'm going with a little bit more boring approach and leaving out DeviceSettings for now, but it should be stable.

Because of the temporary removal of DeviceSettings, there will actually be a little bit less customization options this month until I can get the DeviceSettings rework behaving properly, but everything that's there should be solid (dc dimming actually works, vibration works but no strength control for now, alert slider shouldn't have the notification lurching drunkenly around the screen, FOD actually works on fajita, that kind of thing).

I'm still pretty new at being a maintainer (and I'm not much of a dev), but happy to learn how to do this well and learn my way around these device trees & kernels in particular, and maintaining in general.

My wife said to point at the tip jar and say that any donations would go a long way toward convincing her to let me keep doing this as as a hobby, and anything that helps with getting a faster rig will mean quicker test builds & more rapid bug fixes. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I'm not very active on XDA any more; best place to get in touch is to join the Telegram channel.
Issues & bug reports submitted via Github are welcome, and of course if you include logs, I might actually read them.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement & support already!

From the 'Better Nate Than Lever' department... new official March build is out, my first release as the new maintainer.
Highlights:
- Switching to Illusion kernel from AOSiP (the lineage-17.1 based one from before is unlikely to ever be updated with additional nodes from the OOS 10.0 source release, and doesn't support the DeviceSettings customizations we want in A11. meanwhile, Illusion was also LineageOS-based originally, but has more of the goodies from Q added that support the customizations we want, and maintained more frequently), with updated linux-stable security patches and updated wireguard.
- Reworked the device tree with a much cleaner merge of vanilla lineage-18.1 sources, unofficial bringup patchset from the Lineage gerrit, and commits from crDroid. This is mostly cleaning up under-the-hood to make it easier going forward (because I made a royal mess of things earlier this yeear/late last year).
- Temporarily removed DeviceSettings (Settings > OnePlus Settings) for now, because it was buggy as heck. I'm still working on it, but you have to remove some Lineage things to replace with it, and I want you folks to have things working right while I figure stuff out.
- Panel color modes are temporarily gone due to kernel differences, but DC dimming should be working great (in Settings > Display > Livedisplay > Anti Flicker).
- (Fajita only): FOD should be working again, although I've heard there's some funky business with the fingerprint graphic not disappearing after opening an app with securelocker; swiping the notification shade down and back up seems to clear it.

Recommended setup (I haven't tested on anything else, so please match this if you're filing bugs):
- 10.3.8 OOS base firmware or newer (10.3.9 just came out and works well)
- Official TWRP 3.5.1_9 (adds ability to flash apks as flashable zips if they have the right content, like magisk 22)
- Magisk v22 if you're going to root (release, beta, or canary - I've been on canary the whole time, works well)
- I don't use GApps, but happy to take recommendations for which packages work best. I'm using FriendlyNeighborhoodShane's MinMicroG standard package myself, installed to /system.

Dirty flash from 7.3 should work fine, although you might want to wipe Dalvik since we're changing kernels, and possibly clear storage/cache of the Settings app itself (that's where most of the work has been done).

No inline TWRP yet in A11; the old method for including it has been removed ROM-side, so not much I can do for now. If you're installing from recovery or doing a clean flash, you'll need to install the ROM zip, install TWRP, reboot to recovery, install Magisk, then install any GApps/MicroG (or not!), wipe Dalvik, and finally reboot system.

Last edited:
Installing/updating guide:

So for anyone, whether dirty flashing or clean flashing, this should be your process the first time coming to the new v7.4 from anything earlier:

- First, download & set up the things you'll need on your computer:
- Latest platform tools installed: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html
- Latest full OxygenOS OTA installer zip: https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade
- Latest TWRP installer zip and fastboot-bootable img: https://twrp.me/Devices/OnePlus/
- Latest Magisk v22 installer (release, beta, or canary): https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk#downloads
- Latest GApps or microG installer that you're using. I've heard NikGApps works well and would recommend using the Core package and installing any other Google apps from the Play Store. I use MinMicroG - Standard package and recommend it over nanodroid for microG.
- The crDroid v7.4 zip: https://crdroid.net/dl.php
- Next, to be on the safe side, remove any device security for now (delete fingerprints, faceunlock data, change to swipe-to-unlock to remove your PIN/pattern), and clear cache/storage for the Settings app itself.
- Reboot to bootloader, make sure USB cable is attached, open a terminal and "fastboot boot twrp.img" (replace "twrp.img" with the name of the downloaded .img file from the TeamWin site) to start up in TWRP.
- Once booted into the downloaded TWRP 3.5.1_9 or later, copy the OOS OTA zip, crDroid zip, TWRP installer zip, Magisk installer zip if you use it, and whatever GApps/microG zip you use (or none!) from computer to internal storage (I make an 'Install' dir, but you can use Download or Documents or just copy to root; this is your world so you can put your happy little zips wherever you like. Thank you, and God bless.)
- We need to update to the latest OOS firmware at least once for each slot (you will get boot loops if you're using earlier than 10.3.8), and I know it takes forever, but at least you'll only need to do it twice (once per slot). Choose "Install", then select the OxygenOS full OTA zip (10.3.9 or higher as of this writing).
- You can stack installers that write to the inactive slot, and they'll all write to the correct place (slot change doesn't happen until reboot). Now select "Add more Zips" button, and select the crDroid installer .zip.
- Select "Add more Zips" one more time and select the TWRP installer zip.
- NOW "Swipe to confirm flash" and go get lunch or something; that OOS install takes FOREVERRRRR.
- Do not reboot to system yet. Press the home button, select "Reboot", then select "Recovery" to reboot to recovery in the other slot.
- Select "Install", and select the Magisk installer (TWRP 3.5.1 can directly choose .apk files that are also flashable .zip files, like the way Magisk is doing it now in v22 and above; cool huh?) if you're installing Magisk, then choose "Add more Zips" and select whichever GApps or microG you use (if you want to install one).
- Swipe to install, then be sure you choose "Wipe Dalvik" after it's done installing (or go into the Wipe menu and manually choose to wipe Dalvik if you're not installing Magisk or GApps/microG).
- NOW you can reboot to System, and enjoy!

tomasz-c

Sep 25, 2020
@Terminator.J

Thank you so much.
I did the dirty flashing (6.13 > 7.4) the way you described earlier, even before your last post came out :) But I performed as you described.
Everything works and the data was preserved!
I also cleared the data and cache of most of the applications (including system applications) that I didn't care about the data for.
So far only one app had an error (it was using fingerprint) but clearing the data and cache for it solved the problem.
If anyone would like to do such a dirty flashing I will point out that I do not use Google Apps or microG, so I have not tested with that.

The new crDroid is fantastic, I really cared about the DC Dimming option (Anti flicker). I am very happy that you implemented it.
I am also pleased with the return of the default (open source) gallery application

crDroid 7.4 seems even more responsive than 6.x, maybe it's just due to different animations but it still makes a good impression.

When I have more time to move data I will probably format the data partition.
Is it better to do it from TWRP (Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik) or maybe from Android (Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset)) or it doesn't matter? The latter option will probably erase my 'sdcard' data as well, but I have everything backed up.

Thanks again for developing this ROM.
Regards

Edited:
I posted this entry here by mistake, it was supposed to be for enchilada.
If there is a moderator reading this then please remove it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator.J

lash444

Sep 23, 2009
As I suspected, v7.4 supports Verizon. I don't know about the RTT thing or not, but Lineage build from 3/20 worked, so I figured this would. Just a heads up to folks who want to do more testing.

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    Texas
    OnePlus 6T
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    After giving everything on 6t forum a run a few times I have to say in my opinion crDroid is the best custom rom available! You guys really put in work! I wasn't aware that you'd updated Android 10 build and I installed it a few days ago on my 6t. This and Pixen are #1 imo as far as stability and features and everything working great all around. I'm using crDroid 6.16 with NanoDroid installer micro G and FDroid and setup was a breeze!! Long live crDroid!! Awesome job op and everyone involved!!! 😁💯

Top Liked Posts

Can you share some screenshots of the customisations of AEX? And since the AEX 11 is an unofficial build, won't be an issue right?
      The unofficial build only means that there won't be updates via Wifi (OTA) which isn't a issue imo. One thing you need to know is that AOSP Extended V8.0 (AEX) and CRDroid 7.5 don't include Gapps (Google Apps), so you would have to install them separately by flashing ROM.zip +Twrp.zip -> reboot recovery -> flash gapps. AEX does have Gapps included only for the OP6T not OP6, but you can ask the dev (Zahidm).
      Idk give it a go and find out. I've probably flashed my fajita 1k times or more. CrDroid is never buggy. Hasn't been on this device for me.
      I appreciate all the love. So, I'm kind of a newb at being a maintainer for a particular device. The actual ROM devs (i.e. not me) do kick ass. The fact that device maintainers are often beholden to the upstream Lineage device/kernel maintainers means that it gets difficult if you're not a ROM/kernel dev yourself and your upstream maintainer has mostly moved on to newer devices. But we finally got the official source drop for official lineage-18.1 AND rebased kernel with CAF updates for Android 11 (still no official A11 sources from OnePlus, which is part of why it's taken so long).
      A lot of things broke or just wouldn't work with the jump to A11 in the Lineage frameworks, including built-in TWRP. I've been doing my best using unofficial bringup hacks and trying out Illusion kernel in the March release and all kinds of things. Feb & March were kind of a mess, release-wise, because of that.
      I know all the features aren't quite there yet, but the reason 7.5 was so late was because I spent the last 3 and a half days straight spending every free minute trying to rebase on top of the updated Lineage sources, and make sure that the things that ARE there are actually working.
      We got some helpful goodies added in the device tree, including the faux OnePlus framework stub (without all the actual spyware, woo!) 'oneplus-fwk', which will hopefully make it easier to include OOSCam inline again. That's moved up on my priority list for feature-reimplementation. I've also made some headway on getting the switch to move brightness slider back to the bottom of the QS tiles/shade functioning again, although I'll need to get help to finish it.
      After giving everything on 6t forum a run a few times I have to say in my opinion crDroid is the best custom rom available! You guys really put in work! I wasn't aware that you'd updated Android 10 build and I installed it a few days ago on my 6t. This and Pixen are #1 imo as far as stability and features and everything working great all around. I'm using crDroid 6.16 with NanoDroid installer micro G and FDroid and setup was a breeze!! Long live crDroid!! Awesome job op and everyone involved!!! 😁💯
      Updated OP & Post #2 with flashing instructions for various scenario, some FAQs, and some release notes.
      I know it's only SUPPOSED to be an incremental monthly update, but every month so far of crDroid v7.x has been a big rework in some way or other as I've tried to get up to speed as a maintainer using unofficial Android 11 bringup hacks from other lineage-based projects to get it working for our devices...
      Dirty flashing should work, but it might not. I honestly don't know. We've had different kernels, different attempts to import code for device settings from AOSiP for sdm845, crdroid for sm8150, crdroid for sm8250, stuff from Syberia, just trying to make it work while the official Lineage codebase sat stagnant.

And when the update finally went official, and it all looked so beautiful, and I could get back to a couple clean, well-tested commits to add some device-specific crDroid & Lineage goodies via overlay, or DeviceSettings... all the things under the hood from upstream were broken.
      So...
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
      @Terminator.J You are doing a hell of a job!! :D
      Can you share some screenshots of the customisations of AEX? And since the AEX 11 is an unofficial build, won't be an issue right?
      The unofficial build only means that there won't be updates via Wifi (OTA) which isn't a issue imo. One thing you need to know is that AOSP Extended V8.0 (AEX) and CRDroid 7.5 don't include Gapps (Google Apps), so you would have to install them separately by flashing ROM.zip +Twrp.zip -> reboot recovery -> flash gapps. AEX does have Gapps included only for the OP6T not OP6, but you can ask the dev (Zahidm).
      BE3pE0l.png

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device, while also attempting to bringing many of the best features in existence today.

Features

First time installing crDroid to your OP6T, or coming from another ROM:
      - Make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
      - Flash latest stable firmware to both slots (tested against 10.3.9 or newer).
      - Disable your screenlocks to disable Device Protection features.
      - Make sure you have updated installers/images for optional things like TWRP (official 3.5.2_9-0 or newer), Magisk (v22 or greater, tested against latest canary), any GApps or microG packages (tested against MinMicroG April 7 CI build).
      - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your internal storage.
      - Either boot into current TWRP recovery, or boot into bootloader and `fastboot boot name-of-twrp.zip` from computer via USB cable.
      - Mount System partition as writeable, navigate to /system/addon.d and delete anything & everything in that directory, unmount System partition.
      - Wipe data.
      - Do NOT wipe system or vendor; when in doubt, use MSMTool or a fastboot flash-all.bat for that clean, fresh, stock OEM partition feeling.
      - Flash crDroid zip.
      - Flash TWRP zip (if desired - ROM ships with LineageOS recovery).
      - Reboot to recovery.
      - Note that if using the stock LOS recovery, you'll need to sideload zip files via ADB; this breaks some install scripts that depend on the name of the zip file to be installed.
      - Flash Magisk (if desired).
      - Flash GApps or microG package (if desired).
      - WIpe dalvik.
      - Reboot system.
      - Go through first boot Setup Wizard.
      - ???
      - Profit!

OTA updating from Updater app:
      Warning: Maintainer just does it all from TWRP, but you do you.
      - Install update in built-in Updater app (Settings > System > Updater), do NOT reboot yet.
      - Open Magisk, go to modules, and download/install "TWRP A/B Retention Script", do NOT reboot yet.
      - Go back to Magisk app home, click "Install" next to Magisk, and choose the "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)" method.
      - For GApps/microG: We don't have inline TWRP any more, and I honestly don't know how well addon.d survival scripts deal with live OTAs instead of flashing from recovery, so if you use GApps/MicroG that needs to be re-flashed to /system, reboot recovery and flash that.
      - NOW you can reboot to system.

OTA updating from TWRP:
      Please note that you can flash multiple zips to the inactive slot, one after the other, without rebooting in-between. This helps save a lot of time & confusion when updating to latest OOS firmware "under" an existing custom ROM install.
      - You don't need to remove device protection; it works fine with PIN. Be sure you have a PIN set, or have looked up whatever that arcane chart of pattern > numeric incantations in case of pattern unlock. It's awful.
      - Choose install, then select OOS firmware OTA (if needed), then choose select additional zips, then select crDroid.zip, select additional zips, choose TWRP zip, slide to confirm flash.
      - Reboot recovery.
      - Choose install, then select Magisk zip (if using), select additional zips, choose GApps/microG (if using), slide to confirm flash
      - Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your... dalvik.
      - Reboot system.

Reporting bugs:
      Look, I'm a parent of three young kids whose industry disappeared in the pandemic and is now full-time house husband & virtual classroom proctor & tech support department, and trying to build a streaming studio with my business partners to keep our small business from just closing up shop for good in my spare time. This is the hobby for in-between Diablo 3 seasons. Also, I am not a developer. I am hardly a maintainer, I don't know what I'm doing here most of the time, and I just wanted a ROM with signature spoofing support and more customization than the unofficial microg-compatible LineageOS builds, so if there are bugs or feature requests, I go over to the crDroid dev chat and ask if someone has time to hold my hand & help. Don't make me get yelled for annoying them, mmkay? That said...
      - Logs/screenshots/recordings or it didn't happen. ROM ships with Matlog for a reason.
      - I try to keep an organized notebook of roadmap, feature reqeusts, bug reports, etc. I won't always be able to fix it, but I'll at least look and do my best to ask the actual devs.
      - I don't sign into XDA much, so if I haven't said anything, check out the Telegram group. Lots of helpful folks there.
      - Please keep it in this thread instead of going straight to PM, so that everyone else can benefit from the discussion and you can find out if it's just you or if this is a widespread issue.

Don't expect support if you:
      - are not running stock crDroid kernel
      - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
      - have modified system files/partitions
      - are running decrypted

Source Code:
      - Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_fajita/tree/11.0
      - OP6/6T Common device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_oneplus_sdm845-common/tree/11.0
      - Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845/tree/11.0
      From the 'Better Nate Than Lever' department... new official March build is out, my first release as the new maintainer.
      Highlights:
      - Switching to Illusion kernel from AOSiP (the lineage-17.1 based one from before is unlikely to ever be updated with additional nodes from the OOS 10.0 source release, and doesn't support the DeviceSettings customizations we want in A11. meanwhile, Illusion was also LineageOS-based originally, but has more of the goodies from Q added that support the customizations we want, and maintained more frequently), with updated linux-stable security patches and updated wireguard.
      - Reworked the device tree with a much cleaner merge of vanilla lineage-18.1 sources, unofficial bringup patchset from the Lineage gerrit, and commits from crDroid. This is mostly cleaning up under-the-hood to make it easier going forward (because I made a royal mess of things earlier this yeear/late last year).
      - Temporarily removed DeviceSettings (Settings > OnePlus Settings) for now, because it was buggy as heck. I'm still working on it, but you have to remove some Lineage things to replace with it, and I want you folks to have things working right while I figure stuff out.
      - Panel color modes are temporarily gone due to kernel differences, but DC dimming should be working great (in Settings > Display > Livedisplay > Anti Flicker).
      - (Fajita only): FOD should be working again, although I've heard there's some funky business with the fingerprint graphic not disappearing after opening an app with securelocker; swiping the notification shade down and back up seems to clear it.

Recommended setup (I haven't tested on anything else, so please match this if you're filing bugs):
      - 10.3.8 OOS base firmware or newer (10.3.9 just came out and works well)
      - Official TWRP 3.5.1_9 (adds ability to flash apks as flashable zips if they have the right content, like magisk 22)
      - Magisk v22 if you're going to root (release, beta, or canary - I've been on canary the whole time, works well)
      - I don't use GApps, but happy to take recommendations for which packages work best. I'm using FriendlyNeighborhoodShane's MinMicroG standard package myself, installed to /system.

Dirty flash from 7.3 should work fine, although you might want to wipe Dalvik since we're changing kernels, and possibly clear storage/cache of the Settings app itself (that's where most of the work has been done).

No inline TWRP yet in A11; the old method for including it has been removed ROM-side, so not much I can do for now. If you're installing from recovery or doing a clean flash, you'll need to install the ROM zip, install TWRP, reboot to recovery, install Magisk, then install any GApps/MicroG (or not!), wipe Dalvik, and finally reboot system.
      Notes:

- Yes it supports package signature spoofing permission for microG compatibility out of the box (but will work without ANY GApps/microG implementation installed as well).
      - No I have no idea if it passes SafetyNet out of the box; if you're running a custom ROM with signature spoofing enabled, but are unwilling to use Magisk & magiskhidepropsconfig, then I start to wonder what you're even doing here.
      - Due to upstream changes from LineageOS & Android 11, we no longer have inline TWRP recovery and are building with the stock LineageOS recovery instead. This makes live OTA updating from the Updater app less seamless. Blame Google for "seamless" A/B horseshittery.
      - Maintainer does not use GApps, so cannot answer questions about which packages work best from firsthand experience. Reports are that latest NikGapps core or possibly Flame work well. In general, go with the smallest package you can and then install other Google apps from the Play Store. Please note that if you replace the stock dialer with Google Dialer, you will lose access to the Phone Info menu (*#*#4636#*#*) until you install another dialer. Please feel free to try other GApps projects & report back if they work (MindTheGapps, BitGapps, OpenGapps latest beta, etc.) and let me know if they work so I can update the list.
      - Tested against OOS 10.3.9, includes necessary vendor blobs from 10.3.10 via upstream LineageOS.
      - Tested against official TWRP 3.5.1_9-0 and 3.5.2_9-0, works well. Every now & then will hang at TWRP splash screen if it's still mounted as an MTP device and rebooted back into recovery; disconnecting from computer and holding vol up + power until it reboots to fastboot, then booting recovery from there got past it for me every time.
      - Tested against every release of Magisk 22 so far (maintainer runs canary channel and updates as they become available) with no problems.
      - No there won't be official builds with inline GApps; that's against the ROM developers' policies.

crDroid 7.5 - 01 May 2021 release notes/known issues:

- Rebased entirely on newly-release official lineage-18.1 branch of upstream LineageOS device trees/kernel/vendor blobs (which came out April 29 just as I was about to push an April build to OTA built over Syberia kernel instead), which includes some proprietary vendor blobs baked-in from the brand-new OxygenOS 10.3.10.

Unfortunately, this seems to result in some big problems for some folks, shared by official Lineage 18.1 release & other ROMs using this updated codebase:
      - 5GHz wifi incompatibility with some routers/access points.
      - WFD (WiFi Display, Miracast) broken currently.
      - Resetting cellular radio intermittently (signal icons will disappear then come back after a minute as it searches for & renegotiates network connect & data).
      - DT2W (double-tap to wake) enabled prevents CPU clusters from going into Deep Sleep.

There's not a lot I can do about that, and I don't have a lot of spare time to do things like test various combinations of device tree/kernel/vendor blobs, unfortunately. I will try a couple things to see if it will help, and report any workarounds people come up with, but it might take a while before I have the ability to make a maintenance release.

If you're absolutely dead in the water, please come to the Telegram group and folks there can perhaps help with some things they've tried, or test builds, or the like.

- Updated screenshot handling from crDroid ROM dev team, supports long (stitched) screenshots & markup, currently there are some issues with not having confirmation animations to show that the image was captured but it is working.
      - Re-inlined Google Camera (Arnova82's GCam 8.1 port, "Snap" variant) - requires Google Services Framework or work-alike in order to function (microG, or GCam Services Provider from https://github.com/lukaspieper/Gcam-Services-Provider also work).
      - Updated DC dimming code from OOS Q merged into LOS kernel, seems to be working well (Settings > Display > LiveDisplay > Anti Flicker).
      - Smart charging implemented, in Settings > crDroid Settings > Miscellaneous (works for me on enchilada & works for a couple people on fajita, but others on both are reporting that it doesn't stop charging at the threshold value - not sure what's going on, will investigate & possibly change charging switch nodes from kernel, if it's not working for you, you can still use Advanced Charging Controller magisk module or ACCA gui app from f-droid; be sure to toggle off Smart Charging if you use ACC to avoid conflicts).
      - DeviceSettings implemented again (Settings > OnePlus Settings), to handle High Brightness Mode with custom brightness threshold, and independent system/call/notification vibration strength control (requires kernel support, works with crDroid stock kernel nodes).

Helpful links:

Download ROM

TWRP (use v3.5.2_9-0 or later)

Magisk (use v22.1 or later)

OxygenOS Full OTA (use v10.3.9 or later)

MSMTool (oh now you're in trouble - use latest unless you have a good reason to intentionally downgrade)
      Hey, so, hi there. My name's Jordan. I've been kinda off & on here for a while, starting with my old Moto G 4G (peregrine), ZUK Z2 Pro & Plus, the wife's Pixel 3a, and now I've kinda accidentally been nominated to be the official maintainer of crDroid for OnePlus 6 & 6T. Max can confirm; he's been busy with a lot of things and changing direction, and I've been smashing my head into the wall trying to learn from the outside in how any of this ROM build stuff works and how git works and gerrit works (so THAT'S where luk1337 hid all the unofficial bringup patches for getting LineageOS 18 to compile...) enough to start getting crDroid7 to compile & boot on enchilada & fajita, and then go back and rewrite commit history to get rid of all the embarassing "WTF am I doing" stuff out of the January/February device tree history.

Anyway.

Max has been focusing on personal stuff & helping family & preparing to move, and I've been banging on this when I should be sleeping instead, while being parent-in-charge of three young kids doing remote school during the day and trying to build a streaming studio to salvage the rest of my live-event-production business on the weekends, so I'm not doing that much better... but I love crDroid (need SOMETHING that has some good customization, signature spoofing/MicroG support, and doesn't have baked-in GApps) and wanted it to keep going. Which is to say...

Sorry 7.3 was kinda buggy around the customization edges even while battery life & phone stability were fine; we've been banging on DeviceSettings ("OnePlus Settings" in the settings app) and trying to figure out what things want to be in there vs. using the Lineage SDK implementations, and it's still kind of a mess in the DeviceSettings branch. So for March, I'm going with a little bit more boring approach and leaving out DeviceSettings for now, but it should be stable.

Because of the temporary removal of DeviceSettings, there will actually be a little bit less customization options this month until I can get the DeviceSettings rework behaving properly, but everything that's there should be solid (dc dimming actually works, vibration works but no strength control for now, alert slider shouldn't have the notification lurching drunkenly around the screen, FOD actually works on fajita, that kind of thing).

I'm still pretty new at being a maintainer (and I'm not much of a dev), but happy to learn how to do this well and learn my way around these device trees & kernels in particular, and maintaining in general.

My wife said to point at the tip jar and say that any donations would go a long way toward convincing her to let me keep doing this as as a hobby, and anything that helps with getting a faster rig will mean quicker test builds & more rapid bug fixes. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I'm not very active on XDA any more; best place to get in touch is to join the Telegram channel.
      Issues & bug reports submitted via Github are welcome, and of course if you include logs, I might actually read them.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement & support already!
      What about camera?Any issues?
      You can use
      both work fine
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone