• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][fajita][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Curious, has anyone else have trouble with doing an OTA update to today's release?

I had TWRP and Magisk installed, and it just hung at the LOS boot animation screen for me.

I was successful when updating via TWRP however.

Last edited:

snaggen

Jan 20, 2011
Curious, has anyone else have trouble with doing an OTA update to today's release?

I had TWRP and Magisk installed, and it just hung at the LOS boot animation screen for me.

I was successful when updating via TWRP however.
I had no problem with the OTA update, it worked as expected. I have magisk installed, so that leaves TWRP as the main suspect since I use stock LineageOS recovery. Is TWRP supporting the LineageOS OTA upgrades? I have gotten the impression that if you want OTA to work you should run the LineageOS recovery. You can still load TWRP on demand if needed.

Reactions: jhedfors

Atul Shyam

Dec 13, 2020
Kozhikode, India
I cannot seem to find the face unlock option under security. Does LOS 18.1 not support it? It's kind of annoying I have to use the fingerprint scanner since I'm used to the face unlock when I was running OOS 11. Any workaround?

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
I had no problem with the OTA update, it worked as expected. I have magisk installed, so that leaves TWRP as the main suspect since I use stock LineageOS recovery. Is TWRP supporting the LineageOS OTA upgrades? I have gotten the impression that if you want OTA to work you should run the LineageOS recovery. You can still load TWRP on demand if needed.

On other devices, I could take the OTA upgrade, but TWRP would simply be overridden unless you install the TWRP A/B retention Magisk module before rebooting after update is complete.

I will try starting of with LOS recovery to see if that makes a difference. Does LOS retain Magisk automatically, or do I have to install through the app before rebooting?

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasnsr

Atul Shyam

Dec 13, 2020
Kozhikode, India
Hey guys, I can't find my device when connected to my Windows laptop via USB cable after flashing LOS 18.1. Windows recognises the device and lists it as "OnePlus" under system tray. I tried enabling/disabling USB debugging, selected "Transfer files" option within the notification pull down, tried installing latest device drivers from OnePlus, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Atul Shyam

Dec 13, 2020
Kozhikode, India
You can flash Magisk and enable Magisk Hide, that way you pass SafetyNet and Magisk can hide itself from the apps you want to use.

I'm a little rusty with these things though, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt. You can always just uninstall Magisk if that didn't work out for you.
Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Reactions: vlc_marcos

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for your reply! I have a noob question, I can find several guides and instructions on how to install Magisk using TWRP recovery. However, I cannot seem to find any guides on how to install Magisk using Lineage OS recovery.

Probably because most people on this device are using TWRP, myself included.

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
- Apply from ADB

Now in the terminal on the PC:
- sudo adb sideload Magisk-v22.1.zip. (remove sudo if you aren't using Linux)

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.

Atul Shyam

Dec 13, 2020
Kozhikode, India

You should be able to use the steps for installing Magisk from 8T Guide. (Should be the key word, as I'm using TWRP, this is untested on this device personally. It is how I would do it though if I needed to try it.)

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
- Apply from ADB

If you get a warning about them not being signed, choose flash anyways. We should be ready to reboot to the system now.

The section there about passing safety net will work as well. Just remember the safety net test in Magisk doesn't currently work.
Ahh! Easy to follow instructions!

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Ahh! Easy to follow instructions!
By chance I just discovered that Lineage OS recovery DOES support USB devices (you have to reboot recovery after plugging it in for it to recognize it). You can then install Magisk (and any other zips) from LOS Recovery.

Edit: You will need to add ".zip" to the Magisk.apk (ex. Magisk.apk.zip) for it to recognize it.

et5

May 7, 2021
on 20100430 rom and MindTheGapps 11.0.0 via twrp. Google Map (GM), Google Fit (GF) are half working. Home location in trusted place not working. I have gone through info I could find on the net, like grating all permissions, reinstalled, clear cache/data,.... After "Google Play Services" was manfully updated, finally getting GPS half-working, GPS work in Both, but GM has no timeline and GF has no new Journal, old ones showing up. In Google account sync, neither items show up . Anything else to try?

ogkillergreen

Oct 1, 2013
OnePlus 6T
How is the camera performance in video calls? All other Android 11 roms crash the camera when in use (Whatsapp video calling, Google Duo etc...) I remember hearing this was due to still using Android 10 resources. Can anybody confirm?

Icyphox

Apr 21, 2016
icyphox.sh
Anyone noticing that the color calibration setting doesn't persist? I click on sRGB, and it's back to the standard calibration after I lock and unlock the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys can someone let me know, How to make sure that my upgrade from old to new vendor firmware and kernel image is successful?
    Check your baseband version.
    .15-00007-SDM845_GEN_PACK-1.417328.2.422944.1 for fw 11.
    We can now update to A11 vendor.

I have updated successfully but, first update to the 2nd September build.

a11.png

Thanks @LuK1337
    As @Eric_Lev mentioned, update to the newest build first before updating to Android 11 vendor + fw. Without the kernel changes from the newest build, your phone will end up booting into crashdump mode on Android 11 fw, whether you try booting android or recovery.

I'd suppose if you already did this and your phone enters crashdump upon trying to boot android or recovery, you could still download and boot the latest lineage recovery using the wiki instructions?
    Just to confirm - had you converted your TMobile to international prior, or were you running on TMobile firmware?
    I had converted it to international prior.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    @LuK1337 Tahnks for all your hard work.
    Will our beloved 6T also get official 18.1 support?
    Eventually.
    So I went and read through the RTT docs. One way to make sure RTT is disabled is to remove it from the carrier configuration, lol. So I went and did just that:

UPDATE: So, I found a better way to do this that doesn't break everything else. You can go to /data/user_de/0/com.android.phone/files and edit the carrierconfig file there. It should be something like carrierconfig-com.android.carrierconfig-89148000001882338238-1839.xml. Note that the first number is the SIM ID, so it will be different for each phone. Change the following line:

<boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="true"/>
    becomes
    <boolean name="rtt_supported_bool" value="false"/>

And reboot! After that, RTT shouldn't be a bother anymore. This is a bit of a hack, but it works! XD
    Why do the builds say nightly and not stable on the download page? I thought the ROM was "official" and stable now?
    lmao.

It's basically just

In LOS recovery choose:

- Apply update
    - Apply from ADB